Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're spot on, it shouldn't. However, my response was to the poster who said it happened 'frequently' when it quite clearly doesn't. Hopefully, when it's fixed, it won't happen at all.

Unless you have stood watching over his shoulder every minute of every game he's played, to make such a statement as yours is ridiculous. He is obviously getting this happening all too frequently but again on you come and do your best bit of slagging and petty jibes at others expense. :confused:

Unless you have stood watching over his shoulder every minute of every game he's played, to make such a statement as yours is ridiculous. He is obviously getting this happening all too frequently but again on you come and do your best bit of slagging and petty jibes at others expense. :confused:

Its fair to say most of us are using the same ME, the only ones that aren't are those that haven't been online to download the latest patch.

I watch every match on comprehensive highlights and in two seasons I have seen it happen two or three times. Even allowing a little leeway for random chance to say it happens frequently is obviously an exaggeration.

Its fair to say most of us are using the same ME, the only ones that aren't are those that haven't been online to download the latest patch.

I watch every match on comprehensive highlights and in two seasons I have seen it happen two or three times. Even allowing a little leeway for random chance to say it happens frequently is obviously an exaggeration.

I get that, it's just the derisory way Dagenham_Dave answers some posts that's pretty annoying.

He is a man of little words sometimes. If you don't like his posts then then ignore, maybe others do like them. Lets get back to feedback.

Out of interest has anyone started in the lower leagues and progressed sides to higher leagues? I got Portsmouth winning League 2 season 1, 9th League 1 season 2 and in play-off spot a few months through season 3. I wonder if anyone has a lower league side promoted up to the premiership and are doing well?

My fan club in attendance again I see.

I notice neither of you had a go at the other person who said the exact same thing. Responding to the poster and not the post once again. Classy stuff, as ever.

That however, is way off topic. I suggest if you have problems with my posts, you PM me directly instead of hurling abuse in public. Thanks for listening.

#

I responded to the first post I saw. Plus, you're the repeat offender, I've no idea how you've not been banished from these forums. You're as bad as the guy who was here last year.

I apologise for the inconsiderate amount of abuse I've hurled though. I'm sure you've told your parents, get them to message me for my telling off.

Meh come on, lets not derail the thread, take it to PM's :)

I personally have only seen the kick off thing once that i can remember, and it was against my team, but its certainly not something i have seen repeated over and over. Much like the crossing/winning a corner thing, i seem to rarely see it happen in my game.

Yep its all be confirmed earlier. I think people must be bored being unable to feedback on any new issues and getting over excited on old stuff

Santa Claus confirmed yesterday he is watching who posts what and the naughty kids are unlikely to get an update before xmas, however its not to late for them to behave :D

I have a long list of feature requests. The game is fantastic, but as with most things, there is room for improvement.

4) At international level, there is no option to talk to the Board. It would be nice if you could ask to expand the stadium, youth or training facilities. There is also no information about the training/youth facilities of a nation.

Cool for youth and training.

But Stadium?? Very few National teams have dedicated stadiums where they play in. Germany, for example, change their stadium (almost) every game. Those stadiums belong to clubs.

So what do you want to expand here?

"Hey Board of 1. FC Kaiserslautern, we want you to expand your stadium."

"We can barely pay our players and you want us to expand our stadium? Nah, thanks."

How o you even see your goals of the season? I wasn't even aware such a thing was in the game.

Search>Country>League>Awards>Goal of the season.

I don't think the game keeps them for long though. On my other saves the options greyed out and I can't see a way to view past goals of the season on the game that has them.

Just to clarify, are we talking about a player tackling his own team mate from kick off, or players kicking off and then freezing?

If it's the former I haven't seen it (and laughed at that gif) but if it's the latter it seems to happen constantly, although usually results in a foul and the team kicking off getting a free kick.

Just to clarify, are we talking about a player tackling his own team mate from kick off, or players kicking off and then freezing?

If it's the former I haven't seen it (and laughed at that gif) but if it's the latter it seems to happen constantly, although usually results in a foul and the team kicking off getting a free kick.

Players tackling his own teammate at the kick off.

Yep its all be confirmed earlier. I think people must be bored being unable to feedback on any new issues and getting over excited on old stuff

Santa Claus confirmed yesterday he is watching who posts what and the naughty kids are unlikely to get an update before xmas, however its not to late for them to behave :D

I talked to Santa, he said only people speaking good of the game will get the X'mas patch. The others will keep playing 14.1.4 forever until Ragnarok.

So you, Dave and a small handful of minions only will enjoy the next patch :)

What is the purpose in you offering no feedback, no comments, no future suggestions? What do you gain out of simply saying 'no it doesnt/isnt' to people who believe they have noticed an issue within the game?
Really? Is there any need for this?

Cut out the constant sniping or go bother each other via PMs

I talked to Santa, he said only people speaking good of the game will get the X'mas patch. The others will keep playing 14.1.4 forever until Ragnarok.

So you, Dave and a small handful of minions only will enjoy the next patch :)

Oh thats really good news, thanks. I've actually been practising sliding tackles so you know exactly what I'm going to do Boxing day at the inter pub kick-off. However what I'm worried about is all the spectators walking off back to the pub saying its the worst Boxing Day inter-pub football match ever. I'll see if I can get sent off also as that should get me a man of match :D

ok so ive played the demo until december and decided its enough.

16 games played.

1 goal from outside the box which was hit straight at GK who put it into his own net.

0 goals from direct/indirect freekicks.

easy headers being hit poorly.

players not closing down wide players yet 99% of the time are in the perfect place to block for corner/throw in.

no one marking players in dangerous positions during throw in.

players holding the ball far too long for no reason(critical bug in 13, improved but needs more tweaking).

every highlight starts from a corner. throw in, or goalkick. there is no variation in the ME. all the matches take the same shape and the same kind of goals result.

worldclass players and average players all seem to play the same. there is no magic in the ME. no individual brilliance whatsoever. i barely see a player dribbling past players or players using their technique to change the game.

the removal of sliders is an extremely poor decision as now i don't know what i am instructing my players to do. before id choose lets say advanced playmaker attack and if he was a slow player id change his run often to sometimes but now i dont even know on what it is set by itself. the roles are all good and all but how am i supposed to know what that role is going to do? not everyone has the same understanding of a role by name. am i supposed to just assume things based on that one paragraph that the game provides??? this i have to stress is really a brainfart decision to remove them from the game.

all in all, the ME is far from enjoyable or realistic.

ok so ive played the demo until december and decided its enough.

16 games played.

1 goal from outside the box which was hit straight at GK who put it into his own net.

0 goals from direct/indirect freekicks.

easy headers being hit poorly.

players not closing down wide players yet 99% of the time are in the perfect place to block for corner/throw in.

no one marking players in dangerous positions during throw in.

players holding the ball far too long for no reason(critical bug in 13, improved but needs more tweaking).

every highlight starts from a corner. throw in, or goalkick. there is no variation in the ME. all the matches take the same shape and the same kind of goals result.

worldclass players and average players all seem to play the same. there is no magic in the ME. no individual brilliance whatsoever. i barely see a player dribbling past players or players using their technique to change the game.

the removal of sliders is an extremely poor decision as now i don't know what i am instructing my players to do. before id choose lets say advanced playmaker attack and if he was a slow player id change his run often to sometimes but now i dont even know on what it is set by itself. the roles are all good and all but how am i supposed to know what that role is going to do? not everyone has the same understanding of a role by name. am i supposed to just assume things based on that one paragraph that the game provides??? this i have to stress is really a brainfart decision to remove them from the game.

all in all, the ME is far from enjoyable or realistic.

No X'mas patch for you!

Look at the amount of yellow cards. It's completely annoying. :rolleyes:

I had a game where my players inflicted six knocks on the opponent within the first 20 minutes - only got two yellow cards though!

I think part of the issue is players seem so determined to foul players from behind who aren't any threat. So often you see a player holding the ball with his back to goal and limited options get battered from behind instead of just corralling him.

Then in the penalty boxes it's a free for all, with slides through the back of opponents chalked off as good tackles. I think the only penalties I've seen on 14.1.4 are from set pieces (may have been one handball), yet there are countless defenders sliding in on all angles inside the box, sometimes 2-3 at once.

The tackling balance and logic seems miles off.

No X'mas patch for you!

Hahaha - he has no game to update. The irony will be that he gets FM14 for Xmas

Romanista - Some of the points you make are fair and some are daft e.g. who has never seen a football hit a goal keeper and go into the net before? I would strongly suggest that you wait for the next update. The vast majority feel that FM14 as it is ....is better than FM13 and I think you can expect some of the issues you mention to be fixed / reduced when the update has been applied.

In terms of the brainfart decision you refer to regarding 1 paragraph about player roles did you know that Google was your friend. Does the game not help you by letting you know with a star system how good he is in the role. In addition perhaps there is also some assumption that you might actually have some understanding about football? You might even find that if you post asking for help or search that you may find what you are looking for in this forum.

Anyway, like I said wait for the update as a fair few issues have already been raised and we hope are fixed.

What is the purpose in you offering no feedback, no comments, no future suggestions?

Except I've done all of those things, on several occasions. If the search function on the forum worked properly, I'd advise you look back my posts to see.

And if you took the time to actually connect the posts to each other, my 'no it doesn't' comment wasn't in response to whether an issue exists, it was the frequency of the issue I was disagreeing with, something a good few others have corroborated.

I'd suggest you put me on ignore from now on, as your stalking my posts and making snide remarks about them does you or this forum no favours. And this is my last word on it, as per madsheep's warning.

Take it easy.

Enjoying the game a lot, played around with the editor too.

Few annoying things:

Goals from free kicks/long range - I'm sure this has been mentioned (forgive me for not reading all 22 pages) but even after looking up free kick taker stats and putting them all to 20 for a season, I am not getting any goals in the EPL after 2 seasons. I had a few in the lower leagues. I don't remember this being an issue in FM12 (did not play 13). I hit the woodwork quite often, but even if my player hits the ball like a rocket right on the postage stamp, the keeper flies across the goalmouth and saves it like superman. I don't expect to score 1 every game but I have completely lost faith in ever scoring one and the best that can come from it is a corner, which I seem to score about 50% of my goals from.

Keepers taking free kicks - For some reason keepers take free kicks for offsides etc. that are almost at the corner flag. On more than one occasion they have kicked the ball to the opposition who take a long shot and sometimes score. It looks hilarious.

Keeper saves - When a keeper saves but doesn't hold the ball it seems to bounce completely the opposite way that it should. This sometimes results in very strange own goals. For example if my winger comes in from the left , 45 degree angle to goal, shoots to the keepers right. The keeper will save with his right hand or both hands and rather than being pushed away to the keepers right and his defenders it goes left for a corner/own goal. This only seems to occur when the shot comes from a wide angle.

Set pieces - This could just be my tactics but there seems to be very little variation in the ME highlights. Everything comes from set pieces, very little from open play.

In terms of the brainfart decision you refer to regarding 1 paragraph about player roles did you know that Google was your friend.

Well, MrPompey, you can't exactly Google what the players are doing in terms of instructions for the player roles. Frankly, it is totally ridiculous that you have no real idea what the roles are doing in the settings department and this is pretty unrealistic. It's also really unrealistic that you have no idea how wide, for example, your team are standing on the pitch in the different strategies - or what tempo you are playing at. Every coach I've personally played under had pretty clear ideas on these matters. It was pretty clear watching the Chelsea - Crystal Palace match in the weekend how narrow Crystal Palace was playing (and generally how Deep their defense was). I am pretty sure that it was thoroughly exercised and even the players knew where they had to be. This version is simply feeling around in the dark, which is not doing anybody any favors...

Counter attacking teams are way over powered. I've seen some awful teams transition out of defence at such incredible speed and precision that it would make Dortmund envious. This has a further knock on effect to trying to play more aggressive strategies i.e. Control and higher, the AI are very very good at soaking up pressure and hitting you with incredible speed. Poor players with poor pace and acceleration or even just average one's break incredibly fast, players with average to poor technique, composure and decisions are playing far too good at far too high a speed on counter attacks.

Hahaha - he has no game to update. The irony will be that he gets FM14 for Xmas

Romanista - Some of the points you make are fair and some are daft e.g. who has never seen a football hit a goal keeper and go into the net before? I would strongly suggest that you wait for the next update. The vast majority feel that FM14 as it is ....is better than FM13 and I think you can expect some of the issues you mention to be fixed / reduced when the update has been applied.

In terms of the brainfart decision you refer to regarding 1 paragraph about player roles did you know that Google was your friend. Does the game not help you by letting you know with a star system how good he is in the role. In addition perhaps there is also some assumption that you might actually have some understanding about football? You might even find that if you post asking for help or search that you may find what you are looking for in this forum.

Anyway, like I said wait for the update as a fair few issues have already been raised and we hope are fixed.

my first point was that i just saw 1 goal from outside the box in 16 MATCHES!!!

on the slider issue, they should have atleast kept it an option. i want to tell my players exactly what to do not some role which i dont know how it is setup up. you tell your players to make runs often or shoot less, not go out there and play trequartista. you think coaches when picking the team say 'ok you play there as shadow striker and you play as complete forward'?? there is the instructions buttons that helps a bit but with the sliders you knew how each role operated and easily changed it to your liking.

i never enjoyed 13 due to the ME and if the final version of 14 is similar to this last patch then im not going to waste my time on it. thats my opinion and feedback.

Well, MrPompey, you can't exactly Google what the players are doing in terms of instructions for the player roles. Frankly, it is totally ridiculous that you have no real idea what the roles are doing in the settings department and this is pretty unrealistic. It's also really unrealistic that you have no idea how wide, for example, your team are standing on the pitch in the different strategies - or what tempo you are playing at. Every coach I've personally played under had pretty clear ideas on these matters. It was pretty clear watching the Chelsea - Crystal Palace match in the weekend how narrow Crystal Palace was playing (and generally how Deep their defense was). I am pretty sure that it was throughly exercised and even the players knew where they had to be. This version is simply feeling around in the dark, which is not doing anybody any favors...

completely agree with this.

also team instructions dont even work. my team instructions: 1)swap wide players 2)drill crosses 3)exploit the middle

wide players dont swap, crosses are float, and my adv. playmaker keeps passing it wide.

Uh oh, you didnt just go down the google route did you...........I await the next 3 pages of "but someone shouldnt have too.......blah blah" :D

You should know better pompy!!

I fell hook line and sinker!

The trouble is some people expect everything on a plate. Xmas dinner maybe but some of the FM fun is actually learning the game. Everyone wants a PS4 straight away instead of working their way up from a ZX81 like I had too!

Everyone wants a PS4 straight away instead of working their way up from a ZX81 like I had too!

I often* wonder what a feedback forum would have been like for the original Football Manager on the ZX81, or better still, the Spectrum with the first ever graphical representation of a football match in a management sim. :D

*once

Sorry if this has been posted before - I tried to search - but is anyone else seeing too many penalties converted? I play in the Skrill Premier, and I've only seen 1 player miss a penalty (mine) out of probably like 20 or 30 chances. It's like an instant goal.

Its been noted and should be addressed shortly we hope

I often* wonder what a feedback forum would have been like for the original Football Manager on the ZX81, or better still, the Spectrum with the first ever graphical representation of a football match in a management sim. :D

*once

I hadn't invented the interweb then - powerlead kept falling on the back of my ZX81 losing all my coding. Acorn Electron was a bit better :D

In my career i pick a trainer (for defence or tactic) for my Atalanta.

Christian Stellini.

After few days he signed, he move to the South Korea as a Manager and, leaving, he disappeared from my staff.

But the stars in the training still remains.

It's a bug?

I'm really not able to upload my save (my fault, maybe) so i'm asking...anyone have find these things happens? And also...can i send my save to some user and then he upload this for SI if is needed?

In my career i pick a trainer (for defence or tactic) for my Atalanta.

Christian Stellini.

After few days he signed, he move to the South Korea as a Manager and, leaving, he disappeared from my staff.

But the stars in the training still remains.

It's a bug?

I'm really not able to upload my save (my fault, maybe) so i'm asking...anyone have find these things happens? And also...can i send my save to some user and then he upload this for SI if is needed?

Do you have another coach training that area?

Archived