*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone having issues with Steam since the patch? Steam has now crashed 3 times while I've been playing FM, causing the game itself to crash. Not sure why this is happening and it didn't happen before the update. It could be unrelated, just thought I'd flag to see if others are having this issue

Yes. My friend and I's network game is constantly crashing. We now have auto save on every week, and quite often just save it after every game right now anyway. Been some really bad crashes in our game so far

Again with the unrealistic newgens in the national U21 and U19 teams:

This is the English U19 national team before the flood of newgens. Real players, aged 17-19:

1356516688.png

This is about two months later, when the game has added the newgens. Ten fake players, aged 15-17:

1356516837.png

In a couple of months, these fake 15-16 year old players will pop up in the English national U21-team as well.

I hate when real players gets pushed away by fake players. It is unrealistic, a real game killer (to me), and not to mention unfair to the researcher who has put a lot of time and effort to put REAL players in the DB.

Either fix this (lower the CR/CA?), or at least show me the last time any national U19- or U21-team had ten 15-16 year old players in real life.

Edit, like this:

1356534896.jpg

Just ruins the game for me.

Could you raise this in the bugs forum please?

This game had worked perfectly fine for me until the latest patch. Now it crashes often, and will not complete a save. This is really frustrating since just now I won a Euro Cup match 5-0 against a strong team with my young prospects playing amazing and scoring 4 goals between them. I also had a few other big wins in here before it will refuse to save right now, no matter what I do... this is really really frustrating me, and I would really appreciate it if it was fixed ASAP

Do the Steam crashes throw up any error messages at all?

May not be the same issue mentioned above, but I also am experiencing a significant number of crashes since the last patch. Playing on 2011 MacBook Pro.

No specific error message. Simply that Steam "unexpectedly quit". Then FM freezes with the cursor hanging and the only option is to force quit. Having to save games before every fixture to avoid risk of lost progress.

Dear Sirs,

are there any fresh news relatively date of release of 13.2.1 for Russian and Asia region versions? Thanks in advance!

Latest is that the production team who deal with it are back at work tomorrow and it's top of their to do list, it'll have to be tested too so you'll need to stay patient a bit longer.

Playing with Anzhi, the board suddenly decided to drop my wage budget from 1,2 million to 130k. Consequently their satisfaction for my 800k wage budget went from over-the-moon to down-the-toilet. And the club's financial balance is some 60+ million on the plus. Board requests are not available either. Surely this has to be a bug?

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that my youth intake was absolutely terrible. I'm Man U in 2021 and my facilities are top notch but there's only youngsters with 1 or 1/2 stars. Surely I should have at least a couple of half-decent players?

edit: Actually youth intake across the board in England is terrible. The best player has a PA of 153.

What I see is that players I used to have full or partial scout reports on do this. Players that I've never scouted do not show up at all. I think it is working as designed, but if you're certain you've never scouted these players then there could be a problem. Note that it is the scout reports that your scouts already come to the job with that are the first to deteriorate. You might not have ever scouted them personally, but if your scouts did then they'll show up.

Thanks Smac

I wasn't certain but now am. Just had the new youth intake (Season 1 in England on 13 March 2013. Went straight to search and filtered for 5Star. Sure enough a handful of 15yr olds from West Ham, Spurs etc are there with no scout report and on scouting, et voila 5 stars.

I am playing as Man Utd so 5stars means pretty darn near world class potential. Note that all my youth intake were 1 star or below despite the exceptional youth recruitment network.

Think this must be an issue. Will report in the bugs section also for good measure. Really spoils the scouting experience.

Surprised that noone else has noticed this issue?

whenever doing team talks, i do the whole team talk, get the reactions, then when I speak individually to players, the first will either react or wont, then when i speak to the second player, if the first player never reacted they will then, and the second player will not react...

Ajw... it's a small issue that is confirmed to be being looked at..

If you actually sign the players.. you will notice you will get more accurate reports on the potentials.... it's just the initial reports show inaccurate readings...

Sign the players and see :)

Still I feel the talent is pretty bad coming through. I do not mean the initial star rating, but I checked with FMScout and the best rated youthplayer this year in the Premier league has a PA of 153. And I notice this among all the leagues I've loaded. I know there can't be a 199 PA player every year but a couple in the 180's and 170's would be nice.

Might be just a bad year though so small sample size. Does anyone else see this as a problem?

erm selecting players for reserve matches, it keeps picking first team players who happened to not play because i was using youth team.

gets very annoying when resting players when they play for reserves without you noticing only to find they are below 95% condition when you come to pick them.

Experiencing the team talk 'bug' that has been mentioned previously on this thread. Also, in the scout reports under pre contract it now says N/A for most of the players scouted. Previously it would tell me how long I had to wait before offering a contract to a player and signing him on a bosman.

Is wondering why there never is any interest for my players, even though they are young and good... Having won several championships with both Ajax and St. Etienne and there is never any clubs who want to buy my players, they are never even wanted? Has anybody else noticed this? Or is it even a confirmed bug?

Dear developers,

first of all thanks a lot for the release of 13.2.1 for Russian region version of FM 13.

While playing noticed that despite we finally started to score from distance and free kicks there are no such goals in the list of three best goals of the month. I have played through more than half of season on 13.2.1 but always best goals are these which were scored after dribble through 2 or more players. Please reply if i should raise this question in bugs forum.

Thanks!

seriously, someone explain to me player decisions regarding contracts?! some posts back i posted how i tried to sign a free striker with to success because he asked too much in wages. then he signed for a lower-rep club than me for less than half the wages.....!

NOW, i've been talking up this regen striker since the start of the season 'cause his contract expires next june and, now that december came, i approached him to sign for my club and offered him rotation and 3k a week. He decided to stay with his club as a "hot prospect" and earning 350GBP a week!!!! I'm even his favourite personnel!!!!! Seriously, what gives?!

Do the Steam crashes throw up any error messages at all?

Sometimes I get an error message that flashes up then disappears within a second, other times I just simply get kicked out onto the main 'load game' page. My friend and I are both playing on Macs, which is seemingly becoming a bit of a pattern re people having this problem !

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I asked a player to train 'reduce long shots' and months later got a message saying "after all the training blah blah he still can't lob the keeper often" - a bit weird. Then, weeks later, I was told he also "failed to shoot from range less often". All in all I don't know why I bothered with this kind of training as from what I read asking people to shoot less is utterly pointless anyway, as they just don't listen/care and continue to do so anyway.

Cheers for the response. So if they sign for me it will all be sorted? Thats not too bad if true.

If you set your assistant to handle the youth contracts etc then he can see the proper values and will only sign the good ones.

(He might still miss a good one here or there, but that's just him getting it wrong rather than a bug)

Thanks Smac

I wasn't certain but now am. Just had the new youth intake (Season 1 in England on 13 March 2013. Went straight to search and filtered for 5Star. Sure enough a handful of 15yr olds from West Ham, Spurs etc are there with no scout report and on scouting, et voila 5 stars.

I am playing as Man Utd so 5stars means pretty darn near world class potential. Note that all my youth intake were 1 star or below despite the exceptional youth recruitment network.

Think this must be an issue. Will report in the bugs section also for good measure. Really spoils the scouting experience.

Surprised that noone else has noticed this issue?

Anyone else noticing this issue? It's so easy to hoover up all the 5star newgens each year without any scouting input required!

Not sure if this has already been addressed but I seem to be having an issue after the latest update where I can only offer players very small contracts. For example I want to say Charlie Austin for Norwhich, I have 40k available in my wage budget but can only offer him 6k as a key player.

Also when making loan offers for players it only allowed me a 10% contribution which was 1.2k (with 40k left in the budget). When I adjusted budgets it would then let me offer up to 160% of wages. Are these issues linked? Is there some sort of bug here?

I've had 3 game crashes since the last update btw. All graphical ones. Is this a common problem?

Now Steam won't load my game. App is already running. I've checked. It isn't.

Never had these problems prior to the latest update.

I had a few like those. Sometimes when i get to the pre-match menu, the game freezes and i have to quit it through the task manager.

Really do wish we could either do away with manager relationships as they are as pointless as press conferences. Robbie Di Matteo hates me. No idea why, he just does. I reply that he is a nice fella then two days later he likes me. Next time we are up against each other he hates me again!! All very random and pointless. Plus Robbie Di Matteo doesn't hate anyone IRL it seems, (bar Abramovic probably) and seems like a nice guy and it is funny that those who hate you seem like the guys who you would least have the problem with IRL. Di Matteo, Paul Lambert, Chris Hughton, Roberto Martinez all despise me where I seem to get on fine with Sir Alex, Wenger, Tony Pullis and Mark Hughes!!!!

Just a small thing that annoys me (may already have been mentioned) is that i can no longer sort the player training screen by name/position/focus etc. Was handy as i could sort by training focus to do a quick check that all players were on the schedule i wanted.

Also the whole talk to player and team meeting interaction is still extremely limited and rarely offers me the choice to say what i actually want to so i find it isn't really of much use.

One more thing is my coach telling me that a player is struggling to blend with the squad even though he's been there years and of the same nationality, speaks the same language etc.

dont know if its allrdy been mentioned but theres a bug with team talks now, when i praise one player with say example ' pick up from where you last left off' i get no response then when i tell my other player the same thing his gain confidence response passes to the first player i originally priased which i got no response from the first time round.

i don't know if it's the right place for this but i think it should be a lot harder for clubs in smaller leagues to keep their good players. I like to play with a dutch team and in reality the dutch league is there for players to learn and used as a stepup to a bigger league such as germany, spain and england. After 1 season and more so after 2 seasons being succesfull im already able to buy or rent big players from the big leagues which would never happen in reality. Im talking about players like Cavani, J. Hernandez, Ivanovic, Dembele and so on. It would be more likely after somewhere between 5/10 years being succefull and a lot bigger league/club rep. It's also too easy to keep my good players, although I think thats has to do with the transfer system not working properly. But the larger teams are not bidding for the good talented players, not just mine but every others too. I see a lot of players on the TL until their contract runs out and no one is bidding for them. Sometimes its due to the asking price being too high, for instance Corchia was still at Socheaux with a 1 year contract and had to cost between 25/30 million euros, he left on a free transfer. Other times players like Kaka or Chiellini already on the TL after 2 years for about 4 million euros and no one is bidding.

Since the latest patch hot-fix, I am now getting crash dumps on the same date....2nd April 2013

FM 2013 v13.2.1.341620 (2012.12.29 20.20.58)

Never had one before the latest update.....

This is on a save game which i have elsewhere continued to 3rd season in....

Hi not sure if this is the correct place for this, i did post a thread yesterday but no one has replied.

Since the last patch (or it may have been 13.2.0) I no longer receive information into my inbox on which countries are in the running to host the next euro championships and world cups, i'm subscribed to these competitions with the same boxes ticked as before (jut the default boxes). Do i now have to tick something else to receive this information

There's a really tiny error in the game which really, really bugs me about loaning players out to other clubs.

When you loan a player out you still have the coach report on him where it gives you a potential rating, but it always describes the players potential as if you don't already own him. For example, i have a player out on loan at the moment and my coach say's he's a 5* prospect who i should "sign whatever the cost".

I already own him though, so surely it should be tailored to suit both that and the fact he's away on loan. So something along the lines of "Player would be best served staying at his loan club for now", "Player should be recalled as he would be a valuable addition tot he first team squad" or player should be recalled as he isn't getting the game time he requires".

Anything, as long as it makes sense.

My customised match stat widget that I expand to so I can see all the stats I want to keeps shrinking to the default size.

Very annoying.

I'm seeing this with all my widgets. I try and increase the height of the Assistant's Feedback or width of the match stats and a few seconds later they're back to the default.

After spending the best part of a day trying to play an online FMC career at snails pace (match day performance for clients has become sluggish, will raise this as a network game issue) and then reading through some of the threads on this forum I would like to provide some feedback on the release date for the patch. Although I am sure the intentions were good, releasing an update so close to the Christmas break is a huge risk. Any issues that may occur are hugely frustrating when we are unable to rollback or have no documented rollback instructions.

For many people im sure this is one of the few times each year that we have some free time at home, and I for one had been thinking about starting a new online save for some time. Unfortunately I have had to give up on my game until the next patch.

Archived