*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

I'm getting a bit sick of clubs dramatically lowering their demands for players once they ask for a transfer, i've seen crazy instances of this far too often now.

In my current save i just tried to buy Havard Nordtveit as a rotation player in January after i let a lot of players go and realised i was short in DM/CB. So i make an offer and they come back with £24m, i try to negotiate but they won't budge at all.

24hrs later he makes a "come and get me plea" to me and is put on the transfer list by request at a whopping £5.5m. Almost £20m less than the club were willing to part with him for just a day earlier.

I appreciate that a player forcing the clubs hand may lead toa lower fee being deemed acceptable, but not a £20m drop in 24hrs, it's just ludicrous.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you have a save before that happens, bringing it up in the bugs forum would be appreciated :thup:

I would have already but it isn't my save since it's a network save. So we just powered on past it.

I'll be sure to keep a note of it though in case it happens again, which to be honest, it probably will! Although that example was particularly extreme.

I use the elevated view to watch the 3D match and in fm2013 when the play is at either end of the pitch ie close to the goal the amount of screen taken up by the stand or beyond (houses outside the stadium for lower league clubs) can sometimes get to 30%/40% of the screen...that is totally absurd.

This is different from previous versions and is absolute nonsense...who wants to see outside the ground..can you please put this view back as it was in previous versions as it gave a great overview of teams movements on the pitch and the new view giving so much stand or outside stadium serves absolutely no purpose other than a lame attempt to show off peripheral and totally unnecessary gimmicky graphics. I have watched a lot of football over the years and no camera angle showing full match flow has ever showed so much of stand/outside ground as % of whole screen as this new view does. These views are to watch what happens on the field of play. Please revert to old view...thanks.

In FM12, when players were sorted by their B Pos' on the squad screen, all the players who were out on loan were grouped at the top (or bottom I guess) of the screen and were therefore not scattered among other players. I thought this was a good feature, especially when managing a club without a proper place to put the loaned footballers out of sight, such as a reserve team. In FM13 sorting by B Pos does not group loaned out players separately. Is this a bug, or has the feature been taken out on purpose?

I wish I would be able to sort the squad the way I want it.

I don't care what the game thinks is his best position, or what his default primary position is. I often re-train players and in addition many players have multiple positions of which I use only one. So all the players I use as left backs should be grouped together regardless of their other positions, and so on.

There are three ways to do this; the first is to allow us to swap places in the squad screen as its own custom filter, the second is to have a vertical filter as well as a horizontal one, where you could put player positions and then sort your players into each one of them, and the third is to include manual and automatic Intended Position settings for each player and have that as a separate filter. This is probably the best one as it could be used in contracts and player interaction as well.

No idea, but there's a filter that lets you make them invisible.

I had actually overlooked the filter, so thanks for mentioning it. Its quicker to monitor the players who are not at the club when they still are visible though.

I wish I would be able to sort the squad the way I want it.

I often re-train players...

This reminds me that I have once or twice bought players who after a while have lost one of their positions. I think they must have been trained in the lost positions at their previous clubs. Is there an indicator whether a position is a permanent one or one that needs training to maintain it? If there isn't (I have not noticed, but I may have overlooked it as well), then perhaps there ought to be to avoid disappointing surprises.

So, I've finally managed to make it to the Champions League Group Stage with Wakehurst (Barcelona, Tottenham, Sporting if you were wondering..ugh) and I've got 10 million in the bank. I'm also a club legend, having won every available competition last year (a fivetuple, or something?). So, when I go to my board asking if I can upgrade my scouting range to, you know, maybe just the UK & Ireland, I expect them to be okay with that. No worries though, they still reject it. Just Northern Ireland it is. Foreign player searches (despite good knowledge of other countries due to my backroom staff) come up with about 25 results. Most of them are english of Republic of Ireland. 2 Norwegians. Cool. Not like I'm in the Champions League or anything.

I use the elevated view to watch the 3D match and in fm2013 when the play is at either end of the pitch ie close to the goal the amount of screen taken up by the stand or beyond (houses outside the stadium for lower league clubs) can sometimes get to 30%/40% of the screen...that is totally absurd.

This is different from previous versions and is absolute nonsense...who wants to see outside the ground..can you please put this view back as it was in previous versions as it gave a great overview of teams movements on the pitch and the new view giving so much stand or outside stadium serves absolutely no purpose other than a lame attempt to show off peripheral and totally unnecessary gimmicky graphics. I have watched a lot of football over the years and no camera angle showing full match flow has ever showed so much of stand/outside ground as % of whole screen as this new view does. These views are to watch what happens on the field of play. Please revert to old view...thanks.

+1

ive switched to 2d as none of the current 3d cameras are good enough to get the whole view of the game. elevated view was good before but SI have ruined that.

Think it''s been well documented that there are a number of bugs in relation to sending players on loan - lowly teams offering ridiculous amounts only for deals to collapse due to lack of funds etc.

I get round this by negotiating the fee away. Another issue though seems to be the AI not playing the players they do receive even though I only accept ofers where the other party sees my man as "becoming a regular part of the first team" or more important. Worth noting.

Other main issue I have is the scouting. Wait for the newgens to come out each season and filter for 5Star potential. All the newgens with this potential are shown even though I've never scouted them (they show blank potential but then when I scout them, sure enough 5stars appears). Scouting in the current FM13 is effectively redundant until this is rectified I think.

Hopefully these can be rectified in the next patch.

It has been reported before but I thought it had been fixed.

I have just moved to Milan after spells managing clubs in England & Germany and am in season 2020-21. Milan are losing circa £3m. per month, which is down to paying over £5m. in tax per month.

Does the game have to be restarted from scratch for the supposed hotfix to take effect? Or does an already existing save suffice?

getting rather fed up of clubs putting in loan offers only for it to fall through through lack of funds at thier end.

yes, that is very irritating, some clubs just make the same offer after another even though they cant fulfill it and because of it all transfer saga takes longer...

I have a suggestion for the future, and dont know whether here or in ME thread, but it would be good to give a choice of penalty taker just before penalty... because if i have penalty list, i usually put there my best takers, regardless of position, but sometimes, if i lead 3-0 and have a penalty i would like to give it to my striker who is not great with penalties but is fighting for top goalscorer for example...

I've got an error which has occurred. When I click on the league and then head to news, I did see the headlines fines but then clicking to transfer rumours and then back to headlines all the news has disappeared and says No News. Stuck like this for a few weeks of game time now.

Team Talks to individuals - I make a general team talk, then go to speak to each player individually. The person I speak to does not react. I speak to the next player on the list who doesn't react either, but suddenly the player I spoke to just before I spoke to the next player does then react, and so on. So if I start with the GK I do get a reaction right down until there is nobody else to speak to so the striker never reacts. Subs the same; I never make multiple substitutions any more for this reason. One at a time and it's fine.

Loaned out players/achievements player history - Buy a player whilst he is on loan to you and his previous league apps for you that season set back to zero it seems, so if he falls under the minimum amount needed to get the league medal he's lost out even if that season he has 30 apps whilst on loan to you, and only gets 9 after the transfer confirmed he's dipped out.

Playing in league One and also the Europa League. Currently in March. Due to my Europa league games on Thursday at the start of the season my Saturday league matches would be moved back to the semi-distant future instead of Sunday or midweek straight after, so sometimes I'd go more than a week without playing a game and fell nearly 20 games behind the rest of the league. Having had 3 good cup runs I now find myself playing 9 league games in 9 days (Having 10 days off beforehand because of international call-ups). Then pretty much one every other day for the rest of the season.

Edit: Also the players aren't even back from international duty before the 9 game run in starts.

In a word - TRAINING - My Assistant is taking it but all the time focus is on Attacking Set Pieces. He will then suggest during the week that attacking movement or defensive positioning is an idea but yet he leaves it on attacking set pieces!!! Only thing I can do is run it myself. Anyone else finding this module very one dimensional in the hands of the Assistant??

So here is my review after one a half seasons playing Arsenal with several active leagues.

I play 2d and view every single match. I’ll skip all the amazing things this game offers and just go for those that I think can and should be improved. English is not my mother tongue so sorry if sometimes my ideas aren’t very clear. The order is completely arbitrary:

1) There should be an option to turn off commentary, I don’t like it. I just want to watch the game. Plus, watching full game makes the comments always there which doesn't allow me to see the last 5 minutes possession. Moreover, sometimes the comments freeze (that might be a bug), something like ‘the ball goes wide’ or ‘player A replaces player B’ stays there from the 60’ until the 65’ despite other things happening in the match.

2) Some Ass Man advice and comments don’t make sense. I see the whole 90 minute of the match so I see what’s going on. Example:

- ‘we should try more crosses as we are winning most of the headings’, yeah but we are winning most of them in the defense and the midfield that does not mean we will win them in front. The Ass Man looks at the heading statistics and makes that comment, SI should try to correct that. For instance, sometimes I’m playing Walcott alone in front, the other team has two CD with 1,90m each, the crosses advise is really silly. What I’m saying is that the Ass Man advice should take into account several other parts of the game and not make just a comment based on statistics.

- ‘we should encourage a shorter passing play’. Yeah, ok but my team pass in set on short passing play and I still give all my midfield players individual instructions to short passing, plus I’m watching the game and we are playing short pass so I don’t know where that commentary comes from...

- ‘player X is an accomplished crosser, we should close him down’. The player is already under close down - always. What else am I suppose to do??

3) It happens quite a lot in comparison to real life - the goalkeeper simply lets the ball go out for a goal kick when he has the chance of picking it up and play from there. It happens IRL I know, but for instance if a team is losing and needs to get a goal quick in FM it will most of the time let the ball pass through him to get a goal kick while IRL it would pick up the ball and put it forward. A small change in here would make the game much more realistic.

4) Players getting themselves the ball to take a corner or a free kick is pretty silly and keeps happening for several years now, simply skip those 4 seconds and put the ball on the right place for the set pieces. Please!!

5) A more particular issues regards the players in the Portuguese league, not only those who player for small teams but also big teams players, they have been for the past 3-4 years underrated. Players are good but their stats tend to increase a lot when they move out of the country, like SI only notices them outside the Portuguese league. I know that it isn’t a very well known league and people might think ‘okay, that’s a nice player there, but he plays in Portugal so we have no way of being sure he is really good’. But then as soon as they leave the country they stats go up in the next version. Like, Falcao (he was already one of the best strikers in world in Porto, but only now SI recognizes it properly), Hulk, Witsel, Ramires, David Luiz, Di Maria, Coentrao, Guarin, Alvaro Pereira, Bruno Alves, Raul Meireles, etc. In the last decade teams like Porto, Benfica, Braga and Sporting have been making some very good campaigns in Europe and that isn’t always correctly reflected in their player in FM. Additionally something also tends to happen in every version regarding the players in Portugal - players position incorrect ! Just watch a few games of the Portuguese teams in pre-season... For instance Melgarejo (Benfica) is a left back now and has played all season there but not in FM, in Porto Atsu (all season playing as a natural AML), the list could go on...

6) I like the overall look of the screens but there are some that I think need a re-design, they were better looking in other versions. Namely, in the player screen the ‘overview-information’ and the reports screen. They haven’t the best look guys...In the training, the coaches panel in horrendous, there is no sorting of any kind and way way too many boxes and ticks to make.

7) In the shortlist filtering options regarding CA/PA there should an option ‘is at most’, because I find myself having to take quite a few minute when I want to clear my shortlist of low CA/PA players.

8) Press conferences need a whole rebuilding, they are boring and out-of-date, things need to be spiced up, add more options maybe, though the tone where already a nice addition.

9) Unselect the players that you made available for reserves squad should be much easier, there should be an option to unselect all despite the time they were given to play in the reserves squad.

10) The AI still makes some rubbish decisions when buying - for instance Gaitan went to Man Utd for 25M and played 4 matches the whole season despite no injuries whatsoever. Gervinho was bought by Juventus for 14M and played not even 10 matches. Man City bought Hamsik, Kaka and Sneijder in the same transfer period and don’t have a way to put them all on the first team...I know IRL there are also some weird buying decisions, but when a team pays more than 10M for a player he will usually get a spot in the manager’s choices.

11) Non human clubs are still very very poor developing youth talented players (obviously not based on my saved games, but I’ve seen how same players have evolved poorly on friends’ games).

12) In the Champions League matches, when you have the 2 extra referees, they are wrongly placed. When they were first introduced they were indeed in the goal line far from the linesmen but in this season they are definitely position on the same side as the linesmen.

13) I think the added time tends to be longer in the first half in FM than IRL, while the added time on the second half appears to me shorter than IRL. I haven’t made any study to compare the two though, it is just a feeling. Plus, the referee sometimes signals the end of each half in ‘strange’ match situations, a bit detached from reality IMO.

14) Sometimes in the news my Ass Man comes up and says that it has been a while since our last team meeting, I click the option to have a team meeting and 90% of the times there is no advise there, but after clicking ‘continue’ e re-check it and there are my coaches and their advises. More, I get at least once a month my Ass Man recommending contract renewal to 3-4 players, despite some of them having still 4 years time in their contract (bug??).

15) In the training try to add the sorting option asap, please SI.

In the end I love the FM series, I love this game but there’s always room to make things even better. I know some of you might disagree with what I’ve written or have a different view but that’s just my humble opinion and hope it gets through to the men in charge. Sorry for the long post!

I have just noticed that stats in the reserves and Under 19's are not showing on the squad page. Only a little thing but really really helpful :thup:

Under selection info drop down menu there should be an option to show non-competitive stats, is that what you mean??

What's wrong with work permits? In my 4 season long save I couldn't sign any non-eu player, although they all were capped for their national teams(played in recent games). And it's worse, due to injuries(excessive) to my only 2 strikers i was forced to sign someone and found Kewke, a free agent after his four year contract with spurs ran out, surprise, his work permit was rejected(twice). Is there any reasonable explanation for this?

Loan Fees - The game is teasing us, right?? They offer me 50k - 110k per month in a loan fee....whilst they are sat in League 2 in England....I accept thinking "cheers easy"....no wait....deal cancelled....they can't afford it....really?? :D

Seriously though; a feature I now ignore and negotiate them down to zero £ per month just to save mincing around pointlessly.

game is really too easy for me. in my 4th season the only club who can beat me in Serie A is Juventus. And i play with Bari, club with no money in Serie B.. in my first season of Serie A i was 4th! in my 3rd s. i was 3rd, and won italian cup. in my 4th season im curently 1st, Juve has one game less then me..

but this is my old problem, it was same with last 4-5 FM. i dont feel AI is strong enough to be fun game.

game is really too easy for me. in my 4th season the only club who can beat me in Serie A is Juventus. And i play with Bari, club with no money in Serie B.. in my first season of Serie A i was 4th! in my 3rd s. i was 3rd, and won italian cup. in my 4th season im curently 1st, Juve has one game less then me..

but this is my old problem, it was same with last 4-5 FM. i dont feel AI is strong enough to be fun game.

I agree, and in my opinion for reasons related to their long-term transfer and squad rotation policy.

I agree, and in my opinion for reasons related to their long-term transfer and squad rotation policy.

Some of the AI decisions do seem wierder than ever. Not who they buy, but how they use what they do buy. I know irl you have your Jack Rodwell's, Shaun Wright Phillips' and Scott Parker's at Man City and Chelsea but am seeing a lot of big clubs buy big on big money and then leave them in the reserves to rot.

Some of the AI decisions do seem wierder than ever. Not who they buy, but how they use what they do buy. I know irl you have your Jack Rodwell's, Shaun Wright Phillips' and Scott Parker's at Man City and Chelsea but am seeing a lot of big clubs buy big on big money and then leave them in the reserves to rot.

Yeh of course I can accept unusual purchses, real life is full of them. But certain clubs buy players and release them at end of contract ~4 years later without them making a single appearance. Parker and SWP left Chelsea when not playing, and I'm sure the likes of Sinclair will leave city too. They are well aware of it though, hopefully that will relate into something being done.

Yeh of course I can accept unusual purchses, real life is full of them. But certain clubs buy players and release them at end of contract ~4 years later without them making a single appearance. Parker and SWP left Chelsea when not playing, and I'm sure the likes of Sinclair will leave city too. They are well aware of it though, hopefully that will relate into something being done.

There is a lack of clear planning behind the signings yes. Maybe because there isn't one, just opportunism.

There is also no intelligence behind squad rotation. No effort to keep enough of the 25-man squad match fit throughout the season.

... but of course this is extremely difficult to get right. I understand that. It is just that I feel that some simple game mechanics could be put in place to let the AI do what we do when we play. For instance actual, personalized, specified plans for who goes and who replaces them, and a quick calculation that determines how much CA a starting eleven needs in order to be good enough to win - which is then used together with other input, for instance match fitness, condition, form, and morale, to pick the match squad. The first part there is a very simple calculation while the latter part is more advanced, but I suppose it could be done rather simplistic as well:

Let's say the best 11 players all have 100 CA each, so the best 11 has 1100 CA, and is the best in the league. At home against a mid-table team with roughly 900 CA best 11, it is not necessary to have +20 per player better CA to dominate the match; that's overkill. The next match is away against a top 6 team with 1000 CA best 11, in 3 days. The reserve 11 has 800CA in total. The decision should be to rest best-11 players with 95% or lower condition, but not all of them, since the team would then be dangerously weak. The AI then chooses a 1000CA match squad for the first match, with the outlook to sub best-11's if the match goes favourably towards the end. The captain and the top scorer starts the next match at 93% while the rest is 95-100.

Let's say the best 11 players all have 100 CA each, so the best 11 has 1100 CA, and is the best in the league. At home against a mid-table team with roughly 900 CA best 11, it is not necessary to have +20 per player better CA to dominate the match; that's overkill. The next match is away against a top 6 team with 1000 CA best 11, in 3 days. The reserve 11 has 800CA in total. The decision should be to rest best-11 players with 95% or lower condition, but not all of them, since the team would then be dangerously weak. The AI then chooses a 1000CA match squad for the first match, with the outlook to sub best-11's if the match goes favourably towards the end. The captain and the top scorer starts the next match at 93% while the rest is 95-100.
I also agree it is undoubtedly hard for them.

I have no knowledge of what is feasible, but I like the sound of your idea. I would also like to see a 'we are winning 3-0 with 20 mins to go so ill bring on the u21 player for a wee run-around' factored in too. Obviously young player do get game time at some point in the game, but it doesn't yet feel to be like it is guided by match experience objectives.

Ok since the beta i've been quite about NON ME related as i think ME related feedback should have been priority. I think i can now however give some feedback about the NON ME related stuff, here are the things i think in my humble opinion that should be improved.

Expectations

To be honest and excuse me if this is wrong as i gotta say i haven't tried it with lower teams, but i did with mid/low teams, so if this doesn't happen with low tier teams forget about this. As far as mid to low teams, i reckon the expectations of winning the league should be removed, i'm a fan of newcastle in this version but to be honest i reckon a new manager picking a team like newcastle shouldn't have the choice in the first season to claim that they will win the title. Of course it's possible, i've done it, but i do not think it's realistic for a team like newcastle to give the budgets related to a title winner to a new manager. I can't remember the last time newcastle won a title, of course if you win a title the second season then you should have that option as far as expectations go. I think this would make it harder for mid teams that we pick as human players to have major success on the first season, which then becomes a snow ball of success as that brings bigger budgets and all that.

Top tier teams highest expectation - win title.

Mid tier teams highest expectation - end top of the table

Low tier teams highest expectation - end mid table.

Again these expectations should improve if the team reaches higher expectations than the ones stated before.

Board interactions

First of all, why can't only talk with them 3 times at once? Does this even have a point? If i want to ask them for 4 things why do i gotta pass a day to ask the 4th? Makes no sense to me.

The impact of a manager here, along with the changes i suggested previously as far as expectations go, should make the board more eager to please the manager. Using newcastle as example again, it's been years i reckon since they won a title, their expectations "End on top of the table". If the manager manages to actually win the title, the board should be more pleased and eager to keep the manager. Next season the job becomes again secured other than untouchable as it should stay that way until the manager actually screws up. I understand it should became secured every season for a team like Manchester United which for them getting a title is the least they can do, and then again if they win the Champions for 2 or 3 seasons in a row or in 4 or 5 tries, that manager's job should be more than secured.

Seems like us humans becoming a manager with as much impact as Mourinho for example at Real Madrid seems impossible, Mourinho has pretty much everything he wants from the board, while in game even if you top Mourinho the board will keep refusing very simple things like improve training, and most times doesn't even have nothing to do with money, they simply don't think it's worth, imo they should be milking the manager's success by being eager to improve the club while it's on a good streak of titles and wins.

Team talks

To be honest, i just don't understand why they work the way they do. It's like players have no common sense, if i have a player that has a 8.0 score and one that has a 6.8 i should be able to tell the first that he's doing good and the other that he's doing bad without someone else become unsettle, or the fact that i told the second one that he's doing bad shouldn't affect the first player.

The reason i say this is because the game states that there's a difference between talking to the team and talking to the players, so while i'm talking to the player i'm expecting some privacy, like for example "you can all go to the pitch except you, i gotta talk to you". I'm not expecting that the player will then go cry to the other players in the pitch what the manager told him about his performance. So, team talks should affect every player yes but single talks should only affect that player.

Also, what is confused? Using the previous example, why would a third player get confused by me telling the team that they are doing well, but then tell one single player that is doing bad, that he needs to improve. Why would a third player get confused by this? Doesn't make sense to me. Again and this might be a bit related to the ME, it seems that if you end the first half winning, you tell the team they are doing good, if you tell them they can do better often some players get annoyed, but the AI will tell them they are doing bad i reckon, so they get motivated, my team gets complacent. So on the second half you usually concede. This also makes no sense to me and the "boosts" that players get from team talks should be lowered or at least more rare to actually improve a whole team.

Agents and Media

First of all, i reckon Agents should always hear proposals, unless it's Swansea or the likes of it trying to approach a player like Neymar on the first season, they should always hear proposals that make sense, of course if the player is not much inclined to join a certain team then they would ask for ridiculous ammounts of money, but they shouldn't just refuse the talks as it happens most times. And why do i get on an agents bad side just because i keep trying to approach one of his players? When that same player states to the press that he might be interested, but then the agent doesn't hear me out at all.

I've also seen after i try and rattle a player out of a team, that he talks to the press saying he wants to leave, i would expect then that he would ask the manager to be put on transfer list, but this doesn't happen.

Reputation and youngsters

My point here is simple, why would a 16,17,18 years old wonderkid would wanna stay playing on some teams reservers other than playing on first team of a team that has highest reputation, a better manager, more titles and more money? Unless the player has 20 on loyalty attribute, or the other team is a rival, and even then.. i don't see how. Sure my favorite team is Benfica and i stick with that, but if i was a young player from Benfica school's and Real Madrid or MUTD approached me to play first team for them i wouldn't think twice, because players should think about their carreers first.

Dynamic rilvaries and PA

Now as far as rilvaries go i think everyone agrees on the Dynamic rilvaries of course without erasing the already made ones, but taking my story as an example, with newcastle i've won the title 4 out of 5 seasons from the grasp of Chelsea, 3 times if i'm not mistaken, while the numbers might still be low, if this wouldn't make Chelsea's fans to actually start having a rivalry mentality against Newcastle then i don't know.. I think this would make the game more enjoyable and add a bit of twist to it.

Now the PA, this is a huge debate, there's actually a topic on it, and i'd like to give my 2 cents again on this, trying to keep it simple here, what i think here is this, if a player reaches it's PA by a younger age, less than 25, and he keeps playing good football, he keeps winning and he keeps training well, why on earth wouldn't he improve? Makes no sense to me. Let me give Neymar as an example, by the age 22 Neymar already reached his PA if i'm not mistaken, does anyone actually believe that with more, 10-15 years of football in front of him he will not improve past 22 years old?. Of course this improvement should be low as far as numbers go, a boost of 5 on the PA i'd reckon, this happening twice at much in a player's whole career between the ages of when he reached his PA and the age of 27 i reckon.

I think this only makes things fair, as sometimes players get injured and they never become themselves again, which makes sense, the same way i think it not makes sense to think a 22 year old won't improve any more. I also think within the same line, that if a player reached his PA and then starts playing poorly, training poorly, perhaps his PA should also be lowered by 5, which he could then get back perhaps if he starts getting better again and he's on a suitable age for improvement and that improvement didn't happened already these 2 times i suggested before.

I understand the whole CA/PA thing should be looked at to make this changes, otherwise with time every 180+ PA player with a good training would eventually reach 190+ PA, this would need careful study from SI, but i do think it's a reasonable change and one that will add to the game.

I think that's it. Thank you for taking the time to read. :)

For all the effort put into making the ME resembling a match of football, it makes you curious about what is happening off the pitch. Such as:

- On your very first day at Barcelona, putting Messi, Iniesta and Xavi in the reserves is not a big deal. Neither to the board, nor to the fans. Nor the players, for that matter: They might start to be concerned, but the following conversation and the newbie manager telling them to "listen to their manager" is likely meeted with agreement and getting them back to "happy for being with the club", no concerns about it whatosever. Or being in the reserves, for that matter.

- You then offer Iniesta and Villa for 0€ on the transfer market. Not such a big deal, neither to the board, nor the fans, but the clubs who line up to take on the opportunity, of course.

- When the deal is sealed, all you get is a confidence bar stating that "The fans think that Villa still had a role to play at the club, but are confident in your decision." That is all. Where is the board calling madness? Where is the local press demanding your head? Where are the players questioning the sanity of their manager? Why is a complete newbie, or anyone, for that matter, able to force Casillas out of Real Madrid in the very first days at the ground without anybody objecting but the player who is likely to agree after a quick conversation too?

You're almost inclined to ask if there is any way to get into serious trouble at all, bad results on the pitch aside. Historically FM didn't get you into trouble even if you were drastically overspending - the board would suddenly provide funds if all things went pear-shaped anyway. Historically it was also possible for complete newbies to offload half the first team squad on their first day at the club without anybody objecting. This is still a bit quite meh. And often times unintended comedy.

Archived