*Official* Football Manager 2013 Announced!

Re. FMRTE and the talk above about it being disallowed - if managerial statistics are going to be collected and displayed on some kind of leaderboard via Steam doesn't that exclude the use of real-time or save game editors as utilities that players will be allowed to use for their own reasons as they have the potential to ruin the credibility of the data Steam collects on players' managerial progress during their in-game careers. Is there the possibility that anybody using a tool like that will have their Steam account banned for using a 3rd party utility that breaks a key part of the game and a new gameplay mechanic that will be used to sell the game, i.e. leaderboard statistics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I like the sound of classic mode, I like the idea of the game taking less time, as that's one of my gripes about the game, but I would rather have that through match-speed-up or time-skip options on a normal mode, so I can pick and choose how much time I want to spend on something.

I want to play FMC and then after a while there is no transfer window, you can't get sacked?...exactly why would I want them unlocked if I don't want to buy them in the first place?

These unlockable will eventually make the game unrealistic even if I don't pay for them!

• SI Staff
Alright, I'll be the one to ask:will we be able to tell if a screen is fmc or career? Otherwise things like records, community challenges, stories, etc will be compromised.

Yes, Football Manager Classic will look different to Football Manager 2013. :)

Re. FMRTE and the talk above about it being disallowed - if managerial statistics are going to be collected and displayed on some kind of leaderboard via Steam doesn't that exclude the use of real-time or save game editors as utilities that players will be allowed to use for their own reasons as they have the potential to ruin the credibility of the data Steam collects on players' managerial progress during their in-game careers. Is there the possibility that anybody using a tool like that will have their Steam account banned for using a 3rd party utility that breaks a key part of the game and a new gameplay mechanic that will be used to sell the game, i.e. leaderboard statistics.

Well. In that case they probably have to exclude the normal editor too. It's just as easy to give your team 200 million GBP in the normal editor than it is in FMRTE.

I know what i would prefer 11 times out of 10 if the option would be only one of Editor/FMRTE or Leaderboards...

I don't think you would be banned by Steam because Steam wouldn't be able to track if you have cheated or not with a save editor but hopefully SI have a system so if you edit a save it wont be on the leaderboards.

I just pre-ordered.....noticed the Specs for MAC has gone up......I have an OS version 10.5.8..........FM13 requirements state 10.6.8/10.7.x/10.8.x......does this mean I have to upgrade my OS?? I guess I'll look into how to do that as the option of not playing FM13 is not an actual option!! :-)

Im interested in Director of football role. The OP didnt sell it well, because I can already get my assistant to negotiate contracts for me. That being said, it would be good if certain clubs forced them on and it could be an influence on whether you take a new job or not.

this is from an interview on CVG

"Yeah definitely, and the director of football works in different ways in relation to how you want them to work with you. You can let them get on with the transfers, or you can build your own shortlist for them to pursue. It's a feature we've thought about for a while."

Not gonna lie i will prob try it and see how they fair - hopefully they wont spend insane amounts of money like asking the board to buy a certain player in FM12

I just pre-ordered.....noticed the Specs for MAC has gone up......I have an OS version 10.5.8..........FM13 requirements state 10.6.8/10.7.x/10.8.x......does this mean I have to upgrade my OS?? I guess I'll look into how to do that as the option of not playing FM13 is not an actual option!! :-)

What?? I can't play with a mac I bought four years ago which runs just fine??

I am not impressed by new features, I bet some sort of corner bug will be here again, the ME won't cope with 3 central strikers and so on.... of course I hope I'm wrong but let me be doubtful.

Then there's the FMC (FM for dummies 2.0 sort of) new feature, a clear step in the wrong direction just to involve casual gamers, people probably used to play farmville or similar, a dramatic waste of time and resources.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2263/63260663.jpg

WHAT IS THIS!? Tell me somebody... I can not believe it..... I'll have to pay for the purchased game to coach the national team?!

Its for the classic mode - you DONT have to spend money on them as they say that you can unlock them by playing normally and even confirmed by Miles in this interview http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366907/interviews/interview-a-new-vision-for-football-manager-2013/

"So the microtransactions definitely allow you to progress faster in Classic mode, but you don't have to buy anything. You can play the game for fifty seasons without buying anything."

Then there's the FMC (FM for dummies 2.0 sort of) new feature, a clear step in the wrong direction just to involve casual gamers, people probably used to play farmville or similar, a dramatic waste of time and resources.

Or it could be a move to entice back the old CM players who have stopped playing because FM was too time consuming for them.

Football Manager Classic - A dumbed down mode for casual players who aren't good enough at the full game. I'll never use it.

I have many friends who are former FM players. They don't play any more because FM has become so full of detail and micro-management that they just don't have time to play the game. The time they can devote, between working, bringing up families and suchlike, is enough to get through maybe one season per FM purchase.

So don't be so quick to berate SI for creating a Classic mode; it's what a lot of people have been crying out for. Playing it doesn't indicate a lack of ability at FM; it'll be an option for people who are mature grown-ups with responsibilities in life.

Good point, postal postie. I recently bought a Korean 1440p monitor (2560x1440) and playing FM at that resolution wasn't possible. Everything was just far too distant and small. I eventually settled on some resolution below 1920x1080 in order to find a point where the text and graphics were reasonably legible.

Is it difficult to code for differences in font size?

Specs won't have been confirmed yet - those will be guesses.

I got the specs from the download page.....You think I made this up!?!?! Ackter, Please let us know if this info is correct as I/we will have to look at upgrading our systems prior to release. Here's what is at the bottom of the buy and download page:

PC System Requirements

CPU: 1.6GHz (XP) / 2.2GHz (Vista/W7/W8) :

Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core Family, AMD Athlon

RAM: XP/Vista/W7/W8 : 1.0GB

Video Card: 128MB: Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra; ATI Radeon 9800; Intel 82915G/82910GL

HDD: 2GB

DirectX: 9.0c (included)

Mac System Requirements

CPU: Intel

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI Radeon X1600

lol so much moaning from people that obviously didn't even bothered watching the video to get their answers, no new features (unlockables, challenges, classic) seem to affect the main game in ANY way, and people talking about steam, and how steam leaderboards will destroy scout and fmrte, it won't.. they are savegame editors, the question is you would use them to actually change anything on a network game? cuz that's f'in low and if these are allowed on network games you will see some dude that knows as much of fm as i know of chinese being on top of those leaderboards just because of all the editing. I also imagine most people moaning about steam only play fm, cuz if they didn't they wouldn't act as if installing steam was the same thing as installing some annoying popup toolbar, steam is an awesome tool and i bet that SI was able to get so many new features on 2013 was due to all the money they got from steam's publicity which got them a lot of new fans.

Specs won't have been confirmed yet - those will be guesses.

Ackter - I didn't make this up.....I found it on the Buy and Download page. Please advise if these specs are in fact true, so those of us that need to upgrade our systems may do so before release. Thanks.

Here are the specs copied from that page:

PC System Requirements

CPU: 1.6GHz (XP) / 2.2GHz (Vista/W7/W8) :

Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core Family, AMD Athlon

RAM: XP/Vista/W7/W8 : 1.0GB

Video Card: 128MB: Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra; ATI Radeon 9800; Intel 82915G/82910GL

HDD: 2GB

DirectX: 9.0c (included)

Mac System Requirements

CPU: Intel

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI Radeon X1600

Look on the bright side. At least there won't be any complains like FM2012 in regards to ****** team talks and responses etc :D

Speaking of which. When did team-talks come into effect? Can't remember which version.

Why not just make features optional though? I'd be elated if I never had to see an FM press conference ever again but I'm not willing to give up half the game just for that. Why does it have to be completely watered down vs every feature enabled?

Just get the assistant manager to do press conferences using the tick box in team policy. You will never see one again.

Looks good, in my opinion the more choices and dimensions that the game gives us the better. I've seen some ridiculous comments (predictable, sadly) in this thread about Classic mode being for "bad" players and people shouldn't buy the game. Utter rubbish.

Classic Mode / Challenges will be great fun for a lot of people when long, heavily involved games get too much. FMH seems to have proved a really good ideas factory for the main game, long may this continue.

Looking forward to the new features and evolution of training / ME as well.

Archived