Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is this jimbob guy coming in here and trolololololing us about signing Sneijder?

out of all that has transpired this is what i don't understand. i never saw anything that seriously pointed to us as chasing his signature.

this lad must have been aching for a while to get a dig in.

hasn't mcclean been playing centrally recently? i may be wrong on that.

downing does stick out as such a big money/wage type of signing o'neill loves tbh. quick fix kinda thing.

could see him at quite a few clubs actually, stoke, fulham, villa :D, reading, west brom, norwich, southampton. all depends what wages he's going to want. there's quite alot of desperate clubs who are looking for players to bail them out of the relegation zone atm.

is his value ever going to be higher than now though?

he's playing his best football atm, its january where prices are always inflated and like i said lots of clubs looking for players to pull them out of the relegation fight. good chance to get decent money and get his wages off the books too (he must be one of the highest earners at the club).

hasn't mcclean been playing centrally recently? i may be wrong on that.

downing does stick out as such a big money/wage type of signing o'neill loves tbh. quick fix kinda thing.

could see him at quite a few clubs actually, stoke, fulham, villa :D, reading, west brom, norwich, southampton. all depends what wages he's going to want. there's quite alot of desperate clubs who are looking for players to bail them out of the relegation zone atm.

No thank you.

Doesn't fit our policy.

I'm more concerned about how we've gone from being a club that throws silly money at average players to a club that is scared to bid too much and are outbid by teams like Southampton.

Edit: Not that I mind us being cautious after the previous regime, just a little worried we may become too cautious and miss out on some good players.

with arsenal on wed and city 3 days later, i wouldn't mind seeing a couple of players rested if they need it or just getting 45mins

Good chance to give Robinson, Shelvey and Borini starts

Agree - think we should give Suarez, Johnson and Gerrard the weekend off at the very least.

Can't really come out and say he wants to move in case we don't match Inters asking price
If it's the same quotes from the other day it was a very leading question, something like 'are you for sale or wanting to stay at Inter?' which isn't an either/or question anyway.

anyone else really not that excited by Coutinho? Seem's somewhat lightweight to me and ideally we want a proven player and maybe also a bit older. Shame we didn't get Walcott he would have been perfect.

i havn't seen the guy play before, he is only young and from what i read he is a good attacking player that would fit our system..

Looking at this week ends fixtures i can see Everton, Chelsea and Spurs all winning so to get 3 points over the gunners would be massive. on current form does anyone think Walcott will be a threat to us?

Not that excited but I wouldn't complain too much for 7mill-ish.

I don't know that much about him apart from he has/had a lot of potential which, from what I can gather, he's yet to live up too, and I know that Inter are selling him pretty cheap after loaning him out last season so he's failed to make the cut in Italy which makes me wonder why some people think he will make it in the EPL. I've seen a few videos of him which left me scratching my head a bit because if they're his best bits, then I wouldn't like to see the worst. I know vids don't tell the whole story but when you see highlights, you expect something half decent at least.

We need experienced quality signed, not more kids with potential and resale value.

I think I would rather sign Ince at the same price tbh. As you say, its hard to tell how well he would link up with others via videos on youtube. Seen him a few times last year when he was playing in La Liga and he's far from a finished article.

Would rather have experience also.

Archived