Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

It will to the extent that there will be an effective cap on wages for top clubs and they won't be able to be financed by "sugar daddys". This means that everyone has the same income streams available eg sponsorship, gate income, TV, commercial. Obviously having a bigger stadium helps but I would consider the Liverpool brand to be stronger commercially than say Spurs,and perhaps Arsenal, especially in the far east.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people are even talking about us being bottom 3 after 10 games or really low down the table. We've played 3 games, 2 of which were against top teams. Were people seriously expecting us to be sitting on 9 points or something? 7 points after 5 would be the maximum we could have picked up if you'd have asked me before the start and even that wouldn't have been expected from me.

Echo' date=' very true.. If we get the 60,000 capacity stadium that will help. i think Arsenal are 20 mill per season better off than us from the extra seats they have alone.. The Arsenal board still say they cant compete in the transfer market.. is the fair play rule likely to help..?[/quote']

Arsenal also charge about twice as much as we do for tickets, and almost three times as much for some season tickets. Even with a new stadium we'd never be able to set such high prices, so the best thing for us would be more seats. I don't think a 60,000 seater stadium is even worth building for the massive costs it'd require. It seems that unless we can get a massive naming rights deal the board don't like it much either.

I still reckon we should be looking at trying to build a stadium with 65-70k seats, or at least with a view to adding more seats in future.

why is it in the modern day era of football Liverpool seem to of fell behind and lived in the past for to long..

somthing needs to change fast, we will just end up beeing a top 10 team that makes up the no's in the league.. I still dont think the owners know what the club needs to build it back up..

Arsenal also charge about twice as much as we do for tickets, and almost three times as much for some season tickets. Even with a new stadium we'd never be able to set such high prices, so the best thing for us would be more seats. I don't think a 60,000 seater stadium is even worth building for the massive costs it'd require. It seems that unless we can get a massive naming rights deal the board don't like it much either.

I still reckon we should be looking at trying to build a stadium with 65-70k seats, or at least with a view to adding more seats in future.

Arsenal only charge £126 for some games not all and £126 is the highest you can get cheaper seats. I went to the carling cup the other year where they charged £10 a ticket and their league games they charged us Liverpool fans £52 I think I paid or £53.

I know a guy at work his friend is a season ticket holder and although the prices are higher than our they get around 6 cup games included.

I think if we can expand the capacity to 60,000 then lets do that depending on how much difference it is in price between expanding current stadium or building a new one. I dont think we would fill over 60,000. I wouldn't want a huge stadium with lots of empty seats.

I think we make about £1.2 million every home game while Arsenal make around £3.2 million.

Arsenal ticket prices

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets scroll to the bottom.

The first team manager should always have final say on first team purchases, It's his head on the chopping block if result go wrong.

There's no problem with with other people having direct control over other aspects like Youth recruitment and Transfer negotiations themselves.

The trouble with a DoF is when they end up being want-to-be first team managers themselves and you end up with them buying players the manager doesn't want.

Transfer comittee seems a decent enough idea to me. It was mooted as compromise to the DoF not coming when BR was put in charge.

They've basically borrowed this from baseball, where a team of coaches, scouts, team manger and general manager all have an input into transfer targets etc.

BR will have the final say I would expect (in baseball it's generally the DM, which in English football is probably the equivalent of a manager).

He's 17. Tell him he's in the future plans, there's no way he'll choose Jamaica. If he was planning to then surely he'd refuse this call-up anyway?

From what I have read is that he is keen to play for England but his parents want to play for Jamaica.

Archived