Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

On 10/07/2022 at 07:57, mikcheck said:

Hi. When you create a mentoring, do you always do it with players within the same units? For example, mentoring groups only with players from defensive units and other one with just attacking units players.

One benefit to them being in the same training unit, especially in similar positions, is that mentoring groups can pass on player traits

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, axelmuller said:

Does Cautious mentality trigger counters without the Counter team instruction?

Rarely, I would activate it. relatively low pressing triggers can also help to catch the opponent in the break

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an interesting forward, natural both at ST and AMC, he have strenght, heading, finishing, some tech, decent mentals, pretty well rounded without obvious weakness.

He is also accomplished at CM. Media description is attacking midfielder but he is more a St given his skills although he's so well rounded he can play anywhere.

What puzzles me a little is his trait, Arrives late in opponents' area so my question is it is worth to train him as a B2B (he's only accomplished) ? Or should I train him as a ST who supports the play (DLF support, Target Man?  False nine doesn't work, his dribbling lets him down? Or it would be more interesting as AM with that trait?

I really like that trait and works with my tactic so I am thinking if it is active with a ST/AMC

LE: Is this works with a Target Man (At), as this is his best rating given on fminside site?

Edited by CharlieTZR
Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I avoid ball watching and easy counters against? I play with Newcastle and are several seasons in and have a very good team. But sometimes, especially during counters all the players are focused on the ball, and no one is picking up a man or a run. Can this be avoided? And since I usually are the best team, teams play deep against me and counters. Is there a way to minimize counters against?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Taunton said:

Is there a way to minimize counters against?

You're likely committing too many men forward/playing a very risky style of football, which can often be counter-productive against teams aiming to sit back and snatch one on the break. Having a holding midfielder and toning things down a notch can not only make you more defensively solid against such teams, but also increase the quality of your own chances, since players will be more patient and won't give the ball away as often.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question on footedness.

If you had a BBM, or Mez, that you were wanting to play as a runner, would you want a right footed player at MCR or MCL?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the best way to change personality for a young player? I have a 15 year old that looks like they could be very good however, their personality is unambitious and their have a determination of 5. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit frustrated, Played against City, I am Newcastle, I am 3-1 up at half time. They turn around the game and win 4-3. I have more shots and better xg. The game before I was 2-0 against City in the EFL cup final, and they come back to 2-2. The problem is that I find that attacking is better against them, when I go to positive or balanced, they swarm all over me. Without going into detailed tactics, how can you withstand the relentless attacking from the AI when they are losing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/07/2022 at 19:57, mikcheck said:

Hi. When you create a mentoring, do you always do it with players within the same units? For example, mentoring groups only with players from defensive units and other one with just attacking units players.

Not necessarily, but you need to remember that traits also inherit from the mentor in mentoring. So position will have a significant influence in here as you see fit for you attacking players to get Mark Opponents tightly from your Defend team leader (as example)

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bdixon said:

What is the best way to change personality for a young player? I have a 15 year old that looks like they could be very good however, their personality is unambitious and their have a determination of 5. 

Mentoring is the best way, I have a very great youngster with unambitious personality and after 5 years mentoring from 18-23 age, he changed to Fairly Sporting personality and bam he is fantastic

To be reminded as personality come through from set of some attributes, so it will be faster to change the personality from mentoring when your players are already on the upper side of the change, for players from the lower side of changes it will take time or mayber forever or never change

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/07/2022 at 19:12, 04texag said:

Question on footedness.

If you had a BBM, or Mez, that you were wanting to play as a runner, would you want a right footed player at MCR or MCL?

Honestly, this would completely depend on the rest of the system. I generally play a Mez(A), so I want an aggressive player getting into the box and scoring goals, for which I feel a wrong footed player makes more sense since he has more angles available for the shot (admittedly, in FM this rarely seems to matter :lol:), but if I wanted someone to run and create space, I might be much more inclined on a correct footed player, depending on where I want him to run and whom to create space for. Another thing to consider would be the passing lines, especially the Mez is a relatively creative role, so the question then also is who are the runners around him he's likely to pass the ball to.

10 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

Mentoring is the best way, I have a very great youngster with unambitious personality and after 5 years mentoring from 18-23 age, he changed to Fairly Sporting personality and bam he is fantastic

To be reminded as personality come through from set of some attributes, so it will be faster to change the personality from mentoring when your players are already on the upper side of the change, for players from the lower side of changes it will take time or mayber forever or never change

Unambitious can be a surprisingly good personality actually, as it has a Professionalism range from 5-20. It's pretty much the only "negative" personality I don't instantly avoid on FM. Well worth looking at their media handling style, as that can potentially tell you a lot about the rest of their personality.

This guy for example is Unambitious and I'd say that's an amazing personality:
image.png.23c0ee4ae33e343ee866ab17ae9ce3fe.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

Honestly, this would completely depend on the rest of the system. I generally play a Mez(A), so I want an aggressive player getting into the box and scoring goals, for which I feel a wrong footed player makes more sense since he has more angles available for the shot (admittedly, in FM this rarely seems to matter :lol:), but if I wanted someone to run and create space, I might be much more inclined on a correct footed player, depending on where I want him to run and whom to create space for. Another thing to consider would be the passing lines, especially the Mez is a relatively creative role, so the question then also is who are the runners around him he's likely to pass the ball to.

Unambitious can be a surprisingly good personality actually, as it has a Professionalism range from 5-20. It's pretty much the only "negative" personality I don't instantly avoid on FM. Well worth looking at their media handling style, as that can potentially tell you a lot about the rest of their personality.

This guy for example is Unambitious and I'd say that's an amazing personality:
image.png.23c0ee4ae33e343ee866ab17ae9ce3fe.png

You nailed my thinking on it, but I couldn't recall where I'd seen it come up with that so wanted to check for others thoughts. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I fix this? Coaches workload is light and they are doing training such as General - Defending or a selection from the Defending category.

Benedikt de Groot_ Inbox-13.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bdixon said:

What are the reasons for a players determination to decrease? And can it be increased somehow?

Players will drift towards the general personality of the squad, so players with above average determination for your squad can slowly see their determination drop.

So, if you want to increase it, get players that are very influential/team leaders with high determination. You can also criticize players when they play poorly (6.4 or lower) and at times that will boost determination and/or work rate. In case of young players you can also mentor them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bdixon said:

How do I fix this? Coaches workload is light and they are doing training such as General - Defending or a selection from the Defending category.

Benedikt de Groot_ Inbox-13.png

I don't know how well you understand training but there are 3 training units:  attacking, defending, and GK.  Every training session focuses a varying percentage of that session's time towards one of those 3 training units.  The dark blue "General" sessions mostly have a fairly even distribution of time devoted to all the units but when you get into the more specialized sessions, they will heavily focus the time on one unit at the expense of the others.    Your players are simply telling you that your training is too focused on the other training units and you should include more sessions that give equal or better time to their unit.  If I had to guess, they are in the defending unit as there are many more sessions that favor the attackers than focus on the defenders. 

 

Your manager  may also have an average or low discipline stat which doesn't keep your players in line  and will make it more likely that they will bring complaints to you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bdixon said:

What are the reasons for a players determination to decrease? And can it be increased somehow?

Changes to determination, and personalities in general, are influenced by a number of factors:  squad's overall personality, mentoring group, rare off the field events, complacency, and the greeting when a player joins the club which acts as a one time mentoring session.   Disciplining a player also gives a chance to increase his determination, along with work rate. 

The squad's overall personality is heavily influenced by the team leaders so if they have poor or average personalities, there is a high likelihood that they are going to drag the rest of your player's personalities down to their level, particularly younger players who are more susceptible to being influenced, for good or bad.   Mentoring groups have the same effect but on a smaller scale and a more controlled fashion as you can pick and choose who influences who.   Off the field events are something that you have no control over and can give your players big increased to their personality stats or they give big drops, basically ruining your player forever.   Complacency is similar to off the field events but more common though you can take a few steps to lessen the chances of it happening (which I'm not going to get into here).  The greeting, as mentioned above, is a one time mini-mentoring session which builds a rapport between the greeter and new player if you have chosen the right player to do it or they can instantly dislike each other if you pick a greeter who has too different of a personality from the new player.  

Lastly, there is discipline.  You are able to have a special interaction with your players for approximately one week after a match if the player has received a 6.5 or lower match rating in a match.  This includes reserve team and youth team matches.  This interaction allows you to give them a warning or fine them.  If you are successful in convincing the player that they need to improve, they will receive a point in determination, work rate, or both.  This is an extremely powerful tool that will boost your player's stats very quickly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Em 15/07/2022 em 23:46, saintrainhard disse:

Not necessarily, but you need to remember that traits also inherit from the mentor in mentoring. So position will have a significant influence in here as you see fit for you attacking players to get Mark Opponents tightly from your Defend team leader (as example)

So, and I know this is a game and things are not predictable (because I've had players learning traits without even being in mentoring groups, and even players with high status in my club, but what's the "easiest" way to inherit traits? The mentoree being in the same training unit and the same position? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never take care of general training, only the individual. But I want to level up my game and create one my own, based in the way I try to make my team play. But I have very little experience with that and I don't know what to use.

When you create your training, you create the same one for every month?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I use a formation using DLP support in DM position comes with preset instruction of

- Shoot less often

- Take More Risk

- Hold Position

 

So I got this loan player that the parent club want me to play him as DM with DM role as the must accepted condition for better loan fee. My question is

If I put certain player with DM Support role and duty, then give that player personal instruction of :

 

- Shoot less often

- Take More Risk

- Hold Position

Yes those options are all available to be added, so it is just look similar iwht DLP support role. Will that player act the same as DLP support  but using DM support role ? or there is a significant difference in how they play the tactic ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, saintrainhard said:

I use a formation using DLP support in DM position comes with preset instruction of

- Shoot less often

- Take More Risk

- Hold Position

 

So I got this loan player that the parent club want me to play him as DM with DM role as the must accepted condition for better loan fee. My question is

If I put certain player with DM Support role and duty, then give that player personal instruction of :

 

- Shoot less often

- Take More Risk

- Hold Position

Yes those options are all available to be added, so it is just look similar iwht DLP support role. Will that player act the same as DLP support  but using DM support role ? or there is a significant difference in how they play the tactic ?

 

 Unfortunately its different. Almost all roles do have certain behaviors hardcoded. Playmakers for example will try to make themselves available for a pass and players will look to find their playmaker more often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a custum/pre set 4-2-3-1- Gegenpress, in which training unit should the central midfielders be? The BWM (de) and the BBM respetively. I mean whether they, or one of them, should be in the Defensive or Attacking unit respetively.

I assume the other positions are no brainers. That the four defenders go in the defending unit and that the for attackers (the two inside forwards, the AM and the Pressing Forward) go in the Attacking unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, danej said:

In a custum/pre set 4-2-3-1- Gegenpress, in which training unit should the central midfielders be? The BWM (de) and the BBM respetively. I mean whether they, or one of them, should be in the Defensive or Attacking unit respetively.

I assume the other positions are no brainers. That the four defenders go in the defending unit and that the for attackers (the two inside forwards, the AM and the Pressing Forward) go in the Attacking unit.

Only you can judge which unit they need improvement in.  I frequently put my fullbacks, and sometimes even my center backs into the attacking unit, to bolster the attacking aspects of my fullbacks because I've noticed over the years that players in the defensive unit don't receive enough attack training like you would normally expect to see in a modern fullback.  Likewise, my central midfielders are switched back and forth between both training units depending on the areas that I feel they are weak in.  I usually make a certain minimum threshold for my players in most stats and will keep the player in a particular group until that threshold has been reached. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played against Sheff Utd away. They play 3-5-2, I play 4-3-3. I play on positive, high LOE, high DL. Press more, stop short play from keeper, counter press and OI with press the backline. Still they get 60 % average possesion, mostly by passing among themselves at the back.I find it highly unrealistic. Is there a way to stop this snooze fest og bacwards passing? I changed to 4-2-3-1, with pressing forward, but it didnt help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you see your team fail too many passes or being intercepted, do you think it makes sense to play narrow if you're playing with a positive mentality for example?

Edited by mikcheck
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Englishhammer said:

4411 with wingers both sides
TF-A as the striker
Low block

What would be a good role for the AMC?

Some who’s making runs, like a shadow striker or AMC(a).

12 hours ago, mikcheck said:

If you see your team fail too many passes or being intercepted, do you think it makes sense to play narrow if you're playing with a positive mentality for example?

Well, that could have different reasons. It could be the distance between players (passing options in general), but also vertically (width is horizontally), passing could be too direct, tempo too high or the opposition simply too good.

I would look after what kind of passes are intercepted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.faadfa3f8382028b6f2b17ed4128dee1.png

Just been promoted to the Premier League and these are my new visions...

'Play high-tempo pressing football' - is this literally what it says on the tin, they want me to play at a high tempo with more urgent pressing?

Won't high tempo contradict the possession football unless I have extremely talented players?

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Bellyfish said:

image.png.faadfa3f8382028b6f2b17ed4128dee1.png

Just been promoted to the Premier League and these are my new visions...

'Play high-tempo pressing football' - is this literally what it says on the tin, they want me to play at a high tempo with more urgent pressing?

Won't high tempo contradict the possession football unless I have extremely talented players?

These things tend to relate to what's happening on the pitch. Like, just using a Positive mentality will probably be enough for the Tempo and Pressing. Possession will be a bit more tricky but I doubt you'll get sacked for not pleasing them 

I tend to ignore them to be honest, my board wanted "defensively solid football" I didn't even notice until the end of the season that I'd passed it. Play how you like

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, turgi said:

Playing since July with the same tactic, how come the familiarity is so low? I am in the end of January.

image.png.8e992d4ba79a001365dd32cf533ef23d.png

  • Do you use a Custom Skin? And does it also appear at default Skin?
  • Did you pick the right tactic for training? Default setting is to primarily focus on Tactic Slot 1
  • Did you take over training by yourself or downloaded a training schedule from someone else. Properbly check if tactical familiarity is continously part of the schedule. If you leave it to the AM it should be fine.
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CARRERA said:
  • Do you use a Custom Skin? And does it also appear at default Skin?
  • Did you pick the right tactic for training? Default setting is to primarily focus on Tactic Slot 1
  • Did you take over training by yourself or downloaded a training schedule from someone else. Properbly check if tactical familiarity is continously part of the schedule. If you leave it to the AM it should be fine.

Looks the same at default skin

Assistant manager in charge of training

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, turgi said:

Looks the same at default skin

Assistant manager in charge of training

mhh, I could reproduce that problem bei deleting all Players from my formation. Do you have players assigned to your Formation? If that wouldn't solve it, i dont know anymore :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, turgi said:

Playing since July with the same tactic, how come the familiarity is so low? I am in the end of January.

image.png.8e992d4ba79a001365dd32cf533ef23d.png

Might be a daft question, but you have players picked in your lineup, right? It shows empty like that with no players picked

Failing that, try clearing the cache and reloading the skin  

Link to post
Share on other sites

What role should I use for my lone striker in a 433 dm wide if I want him to: "drop to link up the play in the centre circle, but be alert, mobile and quick enough to go and finish the move off as well"?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bosque said:

What role should I use for my lone striker in a 433 dm wide if I want him to: "drop to link up the play in the centre circle, but be alert, mobile and quick enough to go and finish the move off as well"?

Centre circle would probably be F9 or Trequartista, though maybe a Striker with comes deep to get the ball with quick acceleration could be played in other roles too, those traits could influence him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Is the Bravery attribute just un-trainable through team training? I know that you can use 'Additional Focus: Aerial' to work on a specific player Bravery (and Heading). I reviewed the entire team sessions and found none that include this attribute including Ground Defence and Aerial Defence which seem kinda bizarre, linking Bravery with Heading but not with Tackling and Aggression. Not to mention that if you do link Bravery and Heading, why Aerial Defence do not include this attribute?

Following that, how do I Improve a goalkeeper's Bravery?

I noticed the General training sessions Attacking, Possession and Defending are performed as a team (Outfield) but have primary (60%) and secondary impacts (20%). Does that mean for example, for the Attacking session that the Attacking Unit gets the primary focus and Defensive Unit gets the secondary focus? Or does it mean the Defensive Unit gets to practice attacking technical attributes during this session? 

When searching for a coach, let's say Fitness Coach, the game highlights key attributes for the role, for example: a Fitness Coach would need Fitness, Level of Discipline, Determination, Motivating. Do these attributes are equally weighted in producing the Lead Coach Quality star rating? Is this rating impacted by the amount of sessions or is it just the workload?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on a new tactic that uses two DMs and I'm researching the roles, as I'm not as used to them in this slot. 

Does anyone with a good grasp of then have a nice comparison between the regista and Segundo volante?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 04texag said:

I'm working on a new tactic that uses two DMs and I'm researching the roles, as I'm not as used to them in this slot. 

Does anyone with a good grasp of then have a nice comparison between the regista and Segundo volante?

 

Regista is a Creative role, a playmaker. Segundo Volante is a Runner, that’s trying to get involved in the final third. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 04texag said:

What would be good PPMs for a Regista?

Tries Killer Balls & Dictates Tempo are probably the biggest two you'd want them have, then  other playmaker traits like, Likes to Switch Ball to Other Flank, Likes Ball Played to Feet, Stops Play maybe even Tries Long Range Passes to open things up 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Might be a daft question, but you have players picked in your lineup, right? It shows empty like that with no players picked

Failing that, try clearing the cache and reloading the skin  

Correct. I have players picked.

Clearing cache and reloading did not fix it either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heyyy guys. Quick question. I’m trying to force my opposition to use the flanks while i counter press. I know so by showing the defenders foot to

the flanks  and tight marking the opposition  cm’s  with the opposition instructions. I just wanna know whether it will be more effective to counter if use the TI ‘Use Tighter Marking’ or just using PI on the midfielders to ‘’Mark Tighter’

 

Edited by awesomeveekthor
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, awesomeveekthor said:

Heyyy guys. Quick question. I’m trying to force my opposition to use the flanks while i counter press. I know so by showing the defenders foot to

the flanks  and tight marking the opposition  cm’s  with the opposition instructions. I just wanna know whether it will be more effective to counter if use the TI ‘Use Tighter Marking’ or just using PI on the midfielders to ‘’Mark Tighter’

 

Tight marking is always tight marking, it’s not more or less effective depending on where you choose it. The approach tho is different

Tight Marking Team Instruction = Every player marks his assigned (depending on the zone he is responsible for) opposition tightly

Tight Marking Player Instruction = That player marks his assigned (depending on the zone he is responsible for) opposition tightly

Tight Marking Opposition Instruction = That opposition player is marked tightly by whoever is responsible 

Edited by CARRERA
Link to post
Share on other sites

A little late to the FM22 party - but I just downloaded the demo and made a cool 3-5-2 tactic.

Now the problem is that I want the wingbacks to hit low early crosses - but they never hit it early and never gets the ball past the opposition fullback. It's just a corner every time they try to make a cross.

I remember this being a problem also in previous FM's but I thought it got fixed.

So my question is: Is this a known problem again this year or have I just been extremely unlucky in 5 games in a row?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.