Nation: England or maybe Holland or someone else

Division: top division

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: mid-table

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Enough to achieve my goals

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other: I'm looking for a team to develop my young American players while managing the USA national team, so can't have expectations of too good of players

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a brilliant save with Dortmund on this FM. Only lasted until April/May in the first season until it got corrupted but apart from my Chelsea save was easily my favourite. Really good team and lot's of youth plus the German league is so exciting.

I had a brilliant save with Dortmund on this FM. Only lasted until April/May in the first season until it got corrupted but apart from my Chelsea save was easily my favourite. Really good team and lot's of youth plus the German league is so exciting.

Cheers mate, I think it has to be Dortmund. Although people have about 2 hours to sell me on one of the others til I get home!

Cheers mate, I think it has to be Dortmund. Although people have about 2 hours to sell me on one of the others til I get home!

Dortmund is a good shout but I say Bayern. It is not easy at all IMO, Dortmund are very good challengers from when I have been managing them, their talent such as Kagawa, Lewandowski, Gotze and many more. You also have the challenge of trying to play the Champions League final in front of your homecrows which merits a good challenge trying to beat the big teams to earn that right. You also got the combo of Ribery and Robben and while it is a talent of abundance like Dortmund they are both injury-suspect, something I found tough to deal with, so that is a challenge on its own, who do you have as backups to replace them?

Go for Bayern :)

Nation: Anywhere/preferably teams with multiple CL spots.

Division: top division

Media Prediction: doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Plenty. A loooot

Wage Budget:

Finances: Great

Other: I want to do a save where I can sign whoever. I've NEVER done one. Are there any options besides City, Malaga, Madrid? How much do QPR get on the latest patch. Or PSG? I want to basically buy a full team if possible.

I've had my best careers with Ajax and HJK (my local club from Helsinki). Actually you could say that those two are the only teams I've actually managed to play the first season with. I just can't find the same enjoyment from other teams for some reason. But there have to be other similarly interesting clubs in the game aswell.

So I'm looking for a club which is pretty much in the same position as Ajax (and HJK in smaller scale) were last season. They had some world class players (Suarez, Stekelenburg) and great prospects (Vertonghen, Eriksen, van der Wiel) and you could win the Eredivisie pretty easily but Champions League was trickier.

In a nutshell I'm looking for:

Nation: any nation in Europe except England, Spain or Germany

Division: top

Media Prediction: title challenger

Board Expectation(s): doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: doesn't really matter as long as it's not zero

Wage Budget: same as transfer budget

Finances: stable

Other:

- has great, even world class players in addition with great prospects

- is able to win the domestic league in the first season (with ease) but you have to work to really succeed in Europe

I've had my best careers with Ajax and HJK (my local club from Helsinki). Actually you could say that those two are the only teams I've actually managed to play the first season with. I just can't find the same enjoyment from other teams for some reason. But there have to be other similarly interesting clubs in the game aswell.

So I'm looking for a club which is pretty much in the same position as Ajax (and HJK in smaller scale) were last season. They had some world class players (Suarez, Stekelenburg) and great prospects (Vertonghen, Eriksen, van der Wiel) and you could win the Eredivisie pretty easily but Champions League was trickier.

In a nutshell I'm looking for:

Nation: any nation in Europe except England, Spain or Germany

Division: top

Media Prediction: title challenger

Board Expectation(s): doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: doesn't really matter as long as it's not zero

Wage Budget: same as transfer budget

Finances: stable

Other:

- has great, even world class players in addition with great prospects

- is able to win the domestic league in the first season (with ease) but you have to work to really succeed in Europe

Socheaux (not sure about money though) Sporting, Brugge, Fiorentina, Spartak or CSKA Moscow, Kiev, Shaktar

Nation: Any, Within the european union

Division: ANY.

European Competition: Preferably none, although not too bothered

Media Prediction: Mid table or lower

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Not Important

Other: Preferably a club who have not won any major honors, or at least not one their respective countries top league. Also preferably a club with a good set of youth players about to break through.

Hello guys, need a bit of help to start a new save.

Nation: Europe, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia

Division: Preferably in division 2 with a Low-Mid table team or Division 3 with a favorite team

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Low-Mid Table (around 12-16 out of 20 for example) in Division 2, Top 3 in Division 3

Board Expectation(s): Avoid Relagation/Mid table in Division 2 or Title Challenger in Division 3

Transfer Budget: Average-Low in division 2 - Average-High in division 3

Wage Budget: Average-Low in division 2 - Average-High in division 3

Finances: In the red and I mean as worst as possible, bank loans, offloading players needed, etc...are very welcomed! NO sugar daddy

Difficulty: 10/10, really a tough challenge that can keep me busy 4-5 seasons.

Other: Historic team or a sleeping giant preferably, but it's not a key points

So far, was thinking about

- Leeds United

- West Ham

- Leicester

- Deportivo La Corogne

- Stade de Reims

- Sampdoria Genoa

- 1860 Munich

- Sankt Pauli

- Dinamo Dresden

- Torino

What do you think, which one is the most difficult? Others teams maybe? Feel free to make any suggestions :)

Thanks for your help.

I'd have a look around the Club Brugge Thread RB. There's a few people that are them at the moment as well so it must be a fun save. They have some good players, a few sellable assets from what I have seen. I'm not sure on finances but they aren't predicted to finish 1st either. You also have Anderlecht and Standard. I'm not sure what their budgets are like though. If you wish to score some brownie points with Purefun. Then I'd suggest STVV. They have no money really but a nice average squad with a few sellable players who can help generate some cash to improve your squad.

Hi guys!! Greeting from Melbourne, Australia.

Im look for a DIFFICULT save....

i want it to be a real challenge and for there to be a facepack for the team as i want to see my team.

Can't be premier league (as ive played as every team 1,000,000,000 times)

thank you fellas

Nation: Italy

Division: Serie 'A'

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): At least mid-table.

Transfer Budget: £5 million+ (I've disabled 'First Window Budgets' so it won't matter too much)

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in accomplished players.

Finances: They must be in a good state. I don't want a club who're unstable in a wealth of debt, but I don't want a £40+ million transfer budget every Summer.

Other: I want to assemble a diverse, successful squad - mixing domestic signings with more obscure & impressive signings from abroad.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Catania. I've been impressed with them this season. I've always been drawn towards Fiorentina & S.S Lazio, but their financial situations worry me somewhat.

This is a wide search I know, just I want one last save before a new game comes out preferably, therefore wanting a challenge that has some longevity in.

Nation: Any nation

Division: top two divisions of that nation, but can consider lower if the challenge is a good one.

European Competition: doesn't have to be.

Media Prediction: not champions preferably unless at lesser nation where champions league/europa league is the challenge.

Board Expectation(s): same as above

Transfer Budget: some money would be nice especially as i like adding a few players for a longevity game.

Wage Budget: there is some space where i can buy player/s, without automatically going over.

Finances: depends on what you guys perceive to the best challenge - if it's a finance driven one like a rangers or a portsmouth - fair enough - or if you have other ideas that have money in - great

Other: what I most would like, and probably my only stipulation that most of the squad has been there for over a year so that i can sell them without having the hiccup of not selling because they recently transferred. not saying all the squad, but most, has that is what i find the problem that i have players who i don't want playing but yet can't move. - don't mind what nation and what club you send me too, whether it is in scandinava, europe, south america, usa. just want to some ideas - obscure ideas, not like manchester city, psg, etc. sorry if i'm too broad.

Have you thought about doing a Journeyman save? I found i was in the same situation as yourself and decided my final goal would be to see how far i can climb the managerial ladder by the time a new game takes over my time or FM13 arrives. I must say i have never been able to get into them sort of saves before but maybe its due to having a different mindset but this one i am seriously enjoying and i cant recommend a journeyman career any higher.

Nation: Any country in Europe apart from the top 5 and Eredivisie

Division: Top division

European Competition: Anything

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): Anything

Transfer Budget: Anything other than 0

Wage Budget: At least some extra room for a new signing or two

Finances: Anything

Other: I want to play in a European country with a few good teams who will challenge me for title every year, but the league also has to have the potential to become a big league within 5 or so years, allowing the league to attract better players. I've been looking mainly at Belgium while also looking at Greece, Russia, Turkey and Portugal

Nation: Any country in Europe apart from the top 5 and Eredivisie

Division: Top division

European Competition: Anything

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): Anything

Transfer Budget: Anything other than 0

Wage Budget: At least some extra room for a new signing or two

Finances: Anything

Other: I want to play in a European country with a few good teams who will challenge me for title every year, but the league also has to have the potential to become a big league within 5 or so years, allowing the league to attract better players. I've been looking mainly at Belgium while also looking at Greece, Russia, Turkey and Portugal

Germany - Bundesliga - Wolfsburg

$10M transfer funds, good squad, yet room for improvement.

They do, but it is up you whether you want to keep them or not or sell them as they may have a release clause

Yea Kjaer has a 6 million agreed price on his loan contract, I hope they don't take up the option to buy him! Thanks for the help though

Wolfburg do sound good, do you know whether Kjaer and Diego come back from their loans usually?

Roma have never taken up Kjaer's contract release in all my saves. I usually sell Diego as his wages are insane, normally get around $8-10M for him.

The club Thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/284280-VfL-WOLFSBURG-A-fairy-tale-in-Green-White

Looking for a top flight team. Not in England. Not much success in the recent years. Bit of money to spend and can attract some good belgium players like Kevin Meireles, and Logan Bailly.

Genoa, Hoffenheim, Real Sociedad??

Need a new save to get stuck into, looking to be in premier league, championship or bundesliga. Want an interesting team thats under performed recently. Thinking Middlesbrough ATM, any other recommendations?

Need a new save to get stuck into, looking to be in premier league, championship or bundesliga. Want an interesting team thats under performed recently. Thinking Middlesbrough ATM, any other recommendations?

Blackburn?

Transfer Budget: £5 million+ (I've disabled 'First Window Budgets' so it won't matter too much)

Finances: They must be in a good state. I don't want a club who're unstable in a wealth of debt, but I don't want a £40+ million transfer budget every Summer.

Other: I want to assemble a diverse, successful squad - mixing domestic signings with more obscure & impressive signings from abroad.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Catania. I've been impressed with them this season. I've always been drawn towards Fiorentina & S.S Lazio, but their financial situations worry me somewhat.

Parma is a good save.

England: Brighton, Southampton, Blackpool, Coventry (are very good for a patient chairman), Burnley.

Spain: Hercules, Elche, Barcelona 'B' & even though they might not have much money, Deportivo could be a good save actually.

Italy: Ascoli (start on -7pts but predicted 7th)

France: Le Harve, Bastia.

i'm doing a depo one at the moment. it is quality

Not sure if this is the place, but couldn't find a 'should I take the job thread'.

I'm currently managing Chelmsford, just got promoted to League 1 after back to back promotions. Currently in just about to start the 2014/2015 season.

I've been offered the Saints job, they've just been relegated to the Championship, wage budget of £475k, currently spending £538k, but a transfer budget of £15.5 million.

Should I stay or go? My plan was to get Chelmsford into the Premiership and see what happens, I wasn't expecting to get offers from Premiership/Championship sides so soon (started off with Sunday league rep).

Ok this may seem like an odd request but I'm looking for a team in either of the the top 2 divisions with poor finances and not the best facilities. Top division preferred. Germany, England, Italy or Spain, but will consider French or Portuguese team.

Ok this may seem like an odd request but I'm looking for a team in either of the the top 2 divisions with poor finances and not the best facilities. Top division preferred. Germany, England, Italy or Spain, but will consider French or Portuguese team.

Hercules in Spain?

Genoa or Udinese. Preferably Udinese. Really solid starting squad, not rich by any means, but no debt either. The sort of budget and reputation which would make under the radar signings from Serie A/Serie B or abroad mandatory. You won't be able to sign anyone else. They also like their South Americans, so bring in a couple a year to compliment with Europeans and Ities.

Plus they have Di Natale. If you're playing with an updated DB then Asamoah and Isla will need replacing.

Archived