FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Nation: European

Division: Top

European Competition: Not Bothered

Media Prediction: Mid-Table

Board Expectation(s): Mid-Table/ European Qualification

Transfer Budget: A bit to play with would be nice so 5M+ but not fussed if its a bit less

Wage Budget: A big part and probably the most important for this save is i want someone who is not over budget and must have room for movement.

Finances: Not an issue as to what finances are like.

Other: In a nutshell i am looking for a team with ambition, a good core of players with room for me to put my stamp on the team. I am looking for a club which i could transform from top to bottom, so the facilities must be able to be upgraded. Preferably a team in a country with not many restrictions as to what players i can buy etc. If your recomendation has a team page that would be even better as i am not used to venturing away from England :o I think thats all but if not il add stuff as and when any options have been offered.

Thanks chaps.

Youve pretty much summed up exactly what I want, although Im not too keen on playing in the top leagues want a promotion challenge.

Im playing with Montepellier at the moment brilliant save, club thread is here if you fancy a look

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301998-FM12-Montpellier-Herault-SC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: one of top european nations

Division:lower league perhaps even the lowest

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction:dont mind

Board Expectation(s):dont mind

Transfer Budget: large with rich owner

Wage Budget: large

Finances: good

Other: playing on newest patch

I guess i am asking is which lower league clubs are have a rich owner that plows money into the club

Nation:European

Division:any

European Competition:any

Media Prediction:any

Board Expectation(s):any

Transfer Budget:any

Wage Budget:any

Finances:any

Other:club that plays without foreign players and educates its players on the similarity of Athletic Bilbao.

Nation: Any/Germany

Division: Any

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s):Any

Transfer Budget: High

Wage Budget: High

VfL Wolfsburg, FC Bayern München, Arsenal, Man city, Man utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan , Inter, PSG, Lyon

Nation:European

Division:any

European Competition:any

Media Prediction:any

Board Expectation(s):any

Transfer Budget:any

Wage Budget:any

Finances:any

Other:club that plays without foreign players and educates its players on the similarity of Athletic Bilbao.

You could try Real Sociedad or Alaves- both are Basque clubs that can sign foreigners but both pride themselves on youth development. If you're willing to venture outside of Europe, you could give Chivas from Mexico a shot as they can only sign Mexican players.

Why not try Bilbao?

They would appeal but can't be done with that Basque only ruling. I really admire the club in real life for doing it but I'd struggle to keep the motivation playing it on here. I tried a career with Wolfsburg but got sacked in November! Team played well enough but could not score! I was the 5th manager in the first division to be sacked which I though quite strange, wonder if this is a problem with playing on the latest update as your factoring in 2 transfer windows and a number of the German teams have been pretty active in those windows.

Nation: Italian

Division: serie A

European Competition: not bothered

Media Prediction: not top 4

Board Expectation(s): top half - champions league qualification max

Transfer Budget: not too fussed but room to maneuver by buying or selling

Wage Budget: don't mind

Finances: no danger of going into the red!

Other:

I've not had the best of times with the French or German leagues so I'm gonna go back to what I know and look to get to the top of Serie A again. Don't want to be any of the top 3 or Napoli or Roma. I'm looking to be a team that's competitive enough, good potential and with a decent base of good players to work with as I'm finding it harder work getting a team to gel with 2 transfer windows to take into account with the update. Fiorentina, Udinese and maybe Palermo look ok, possibly Genoa too. Any recommendations/experiences most welcome ;)

I'm going against what Nottingham Forest said and am plugging for Fiorentina, you make money most months. Just get rid rid of the majority of Loanees (Amauri included) sell Berhami as he's always injured anyway and invest in a CM and striker for the first season and you should be pushing for a Europa spot at worst. There's lots of talent in the squad including youth level and loads of quality tutors in the squad too for any youngsters you bring in. I can honestly not say a bad thing about my time as them and I will be going back to finish the job and make them European champions at some point :)

Nation: Spain

Division: Liga BBVA

European Competition: not bothered

Media Prediction: not top 2

Board Expectation(s): top half - champions league qualification max

Transfer Budget: just enough room to maneuver by buying or selling

Wage Budget: don't mind

Finances:

Other:

I know and want to get to the top of Liga BBVA to Challenge Barca, and Real Madrid. Don't want to be any of the top 2. I'm looking to be a team that's competitive enough, good potential and with a decent base of good players to work with. So I was thinking Villarreal, Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga and possibly Athletic Club Bilbao or even Real Sociedad too. Any recommendations and experiences are most welcome Cheers:thup:

I'd go Atletico, Valencia, Bilbao in that order, unless you wanted it to be pretty tough then reverse those 3. Malaga just don't do it for me as I see a sugar daddy save as a 1-2 season thing unless you've earnt it by your own success after a few years. I wouldn't overlook Granada either though, the thread is in the links section, lots of people including myself have had good saves with them even though the first year is pretty tough

I'm going against what Nottingham Forest said and am plugging for Fiorentina, you make money most months. Just get rid rid of the majority of Loanees (Amauri included) sell Berhami as he's always injured anyway and invest in a CM and striker for the first season and you should be pushing for a Europa spot at worst. There's lots of talent in the squad including youth level and loads of quality tutors in the squad too for any youngsters you bring in. I can honestly not say a bad thing about my time as them and I will be going back to finish the job and make them European champions at some point :)

Fiorentina are the team that appeals most. What update are you playing though? Just that in the latest update they've sold Gilardino to Genoa and there's no money to spend :( I'd definately get rid of Amauri's 115k wages! But then your very lightweight up front.

Fiorentina are the team that appeals most. What update are you playing though? Just that in the latest update they've sold Gilardino to Genoa and there's no money to spend :( I'd definately get rid of Amauri's 115k wages! But then your very lightweight up front.

That's why I got rid of Amauri and Berhami, the money from the transfer and the loan termination gives you about £4M to spend, I got rid of a few others/gave in to co-ownerships (Got the ones I wanted to keep back for free/cheap the next season anyway :D) and all of a sudden your money is boosted right up.

This was my dealings in season 1 (I did do a few ins over 48 months though because some of the outs were over that time) In a 4-2-3-1 you have enough options then, Vossen has averaged 50 goals a season in 4 years for me. It is a really fun save, i've spent a month on it before today but as I dominated the league so easily I've took a break until i'm ready to challenge for Europe with them:).

I'd go Atletico, Valencia, Bilbao in that order, unless you wanted it to be pretty tough then reverse those 3. Malaga just don't do it for me as I see a sugar daddy save as a 1-2 season thing unless you've earnt it by your own success after a few years. I wouldn't overlook Granada either though, the thread is in the links section, lots of people including myself have had good saves with them even though the first year is pretty tough

I think I might go with Granada or Atletico will have a look at both threads and see which one I want to play with ...... Cheers

That's why I got rid of Amauri and Berhami, the money from the transfer and the loan termination gives you about £4M to spend, I got rid of a few others/gave in to co-ownerships (Got the ones I wanted to keep back for free/cheap the next season anyway :D) and all of a sudden your money is boosted right up.

This was my dealings in season 1 (I did do a few ins over 48 months though because some of the outs were over that time) In a 4-2-3-1 you have enough options then, Vossen has averaged 50 goals a season in 4 years for me. It is a really fun save, i've spent a month on it before today but as I dominated the league so easily I've took a break until i'm ready to challenge for Europe with them:).

Ok I'm convinced, Fiorentina it is! Certainly looks plenty of very promising youngsters and some quality players to build your team around. Couple of questions before I start, where did you play Jovetic to get the best out of him? Cassani looks a really good right back on loan from Palermo, did you take up the offer to sign him? I see his contract only has a year left so is it worth risking it to get him for free at the end of the season?

I played Jovetic as a AML set to come inside, he was good up top on his own whenever Vossen was injured/suspended though. I didn't take Cassani's contract up because I bought Romario and Schellotto (sp) from Atalanta on a free, but he is a good option to have if he does well for you. Don't underestimate either Cerci or Ljalic either. I got Vargas to tutor Ljalic and he took on more or less the same mental stats in one tutoring session. Pasqual at left back is also another effective player, he got 24 assists from there in one season (double figures in each of the 4 seasons) and he wasn't even first choice because I retrained Vargas to play there as well.

Club: AS Monaco

Division: Ligue 2

Transfer Budget: £8.75m - £11.25m

Wage Budget: £235k - £275k

Finances: Secure

Board Expectation(s): Promotion or Winner

Key Players: Ludovic Giuly, Rabiu Afolabi, Nacer Barazite

Pros: Strong young squad, transfer budget, good infastructure and facilities, a 'fallen giant'

Cons: Only 18,500 capacity stadium, high wage bill

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 6 - Easy enough to gain promotion, but it will harder to establish the club in the competitive Ligue 1.

Additional Information: As of patch 12.2, AS Monaco has become one of the most interesting and versatile saves on FM12. Although they were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, the team has a lot going for it: The team has a strong squad and should be easily capable of achieving promotion; On top of that, the club has an excellent youth system, with a bunch of talented youngsters, including Dennis Appiah, Nampalys Mendy and Terence Makengo, and great facilities, which can be further upgraded; This is possible due to a recent takeover by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev in December 2011, who will give you bags of cash to spend (although he is not considered a sugar daddy); Finally, the club has the romantic appeal of being a ‘fallen giant’, sitting at the bottom of France’s second division by the winter break in real life, and it provides the challenge of returning the club back to Ligue 1 and the Champions League. The only downside is the size of the stadium, a meagre 18,500 seats, but what do you expect for a country the size of Monaco? Despite this, AS Monaco has all the ingredients for a fun and hopefully long-lasting save.

Fiorentina, Udinese and maybe Palermo look ok, possibly Genoa too. Any recommendations/experiences most welcome ;)

Mate, Udinese are a fantastic save. I didn't sign anyone but won the Scudetto in my first season on goal difference. Was very tough, lot's of 1-0/0-0's but wow what a save. I was transfixed. I would have gone with Fiorentina on the last patch, and did a season with them, but not on the new one. Silva/Gilardino have gone only to be be replaced with Amauri FFS.

Need to start a new long term game. Really torn between a serie a game with fiorentina, genoa or Parma or going with psg. Bit random I know, just wondering out of these who people would recommend. Thanks

Need to start a new long term game. Really torn between a serie a game with fiorentina, genoa or Parma or going with psg. Bit random I know, just wondering out of these who people would recommend. Thanks

Genoa look good fun. You have a good starting squad which will easily provide a competitive season in your first year, and it has the basic foundations to become a title-challenging side: Sébastien Frey, Cesare Bovo, Miguel Veloso, Rodrigo Palacio & Alberto Gilardino will be part of a good spine to the team.

The finances are good to; with the Stadio de Luigi Ferraris being your stadium, which you share with Serie 'B' side and fierce rivals, Sampdoria, you'll get a good payment every other Saturday providing results are going well and you're attracting the Genoa faithful.

Personally, I would go for Genoa. Good team, with an accomplished, prestigious history - something which you can only build upon at your time in Genoa.

Nation: Italy or Spain

Division: Anything but top

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Mid-Table or so

Board Expectation(s): Mid-Table

Transfer Budget: Money to bring in new players but nothing huge

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Good

Other: I'm looking for a club in Italy or Spain that has fallen into the lower divisions. My plan is to take them back to glory and to the top of European football.

Nation: Italy or Spain

Division: Anything but top

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Mid-Table or so

Board Expectation(s): Mid-Table

Transfer Budget: Money to bring in new players but nothing huge

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Good

Other: I'm looking for a club in Italy or Spain that has fallen into the lower divisions. My plan is to take them back to glory and to the top of European football.

Perugia in Serie C1.

Ok I want to start a foreign season, I got a list of teams I want to be so who do you lot think I should be feel free to add your own suggestions aswell.

Atletico Madrid

Athletic Bilbao

PSG

Lille

Napoli

Which one should I be and why you got any other suggestions feel free to say

I know this may sound boring but I need help deciding who to play as , if anyone can help , I look for team who dominates the league but isnt a big player in Europe or just not as good in Europe . So on FM11 i played as Ajax who I dominated the league and got to the Quarter Final in the ECL..

Any suggestions would be great.

I know this may sound boring but I need help deciding who to play as , if anyone can help , I look for team who dominates the league but isnt a big player in Europe or just not as good in Europe . So on FM11 i played as Ajax who I dominated the league and got to the Quarter Final in the ECL..

Any suggestions would be great.

Belgium - Anderlecht

Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb

Scotland - Celtics, Rangers

Russia - Zenit Saint Petersburg, CSKA Moscow and Anzhi Makhachkala(should be able to dominate with the money and players they have)

Ukraine - FC Dynamo Kyiv and FC Shakhtar Donetsk

Belgium - Anderlecht

Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb

Scotland - Celtics, Rangers

Russia - Zenit Saint Petersburg, CSKA Moscow and Anzhi Makhachkala(should be able to dominate with the money and players they have)

Ukraine - FC Dynamo Kyiv and FC Shakhtar Donetsk

Thanks , I reckon I will try Anderlecht :p

Any clubs out there that have alot of cash that I potentially wouldnt know about?

Im talking lower league teams in any European nation, or even a top flight team that has cash but is not really discussed.

(Note when I say cash I mean big transfer budget and wage budget).

I know the obvious Man City, Vitesse, PSG, Anji, Malaga and the obvious big teams that start with a budget.

Im thinking of random like Bulgarian teams, or Swedish teams etc - with alot of money to burn.

Ok I want to start a foreign season, I got a list of teams I want to be so who do you lot think I should be feel free to add your own suggestions aswell.

Atletico Madrid

Athletic Bilbao

PSG

Lille

Napoli

Which one should I be and why you got any other suggestions feel free to say

I managed three of these teams,

Napoli - great fun, Cavani, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Inler are of course the core of your team. Can make a profit very easily, Napoli are one of the few well run clubs. Downside - Serie A can become too easy to win due to the amount of draws the top teams seem to have (might just be me though)

PSG - Fun for about 2 seasons. French league is too easy to dominate when you have the money

At. Madrid - great fun trying to topple the top 2 in Spain, when you finally topple them its a great feeling. Good young squad, big debts though but CL qualification each season will make it easier - tough league to win too

Torn between Prem and Serie A, preferably with team that's recommended to be lower in league that i can build with. in Italy im considering Parma and England im looking at Bolton or WBA.They all have half decent squads and are all teams i quite like for some strange reasons. Ive had some good games this year but i like starting low in a league and building. Had a really good one with qpr but i overachieved first year and could never replicate it

Nation: Germany

Division: Bundesliga

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: atleast (minimum top 10 finish)

Board Expectation(s): top half, midtable

Transfer Budget: Quite high if possible

Wage Budget: Quite high if possible

Finances: not fussed

Other: I want a small squad if possible

Which Spanish team should I go for to topple the big two, I was thinking either A.Madrid, Valencia or Malage, can someone give me some reasons for each team please.

Well Malaga have the money so you can compete with them financially better than the rest.

Valencia have a lot of debt

As do At. Madrid but they have young talent in their squad that can be nurtured.

I successfully did it with At. Madrid.

Nation: none of top leagues

Division: not important

European: again not important

Media prediction: don't mind

Board expectations: quite relaxed

Transfer budget: none or very small

Wage budget: enough to take in 1 or 2 or sell 2 buy

Finances: insecure or bankrupt

Other: on latest patch

Looking for a nice little challenge I know the likes of port vale Portsmouth are in admin but English league gets a little boring to me along with scottish league with rangers even the 10 point deduction have still won league in season 1 so want a team that may take time to build a dynasty

Hope there is more out there

Try Kilmarnock? Not insecure but tight financially and a good squad to build on

Nation: Germany

Division: Bundesliga

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: atleast (minimum top 10 finish)

Board Expectation(s): top half, midtable

Transfer Budget: Quite high if possible

Wage Budget: Quite high if possible

Finances: not fussed

Other: I want a small squad if possible

Wolfsburg are the team. Nice starting transfer funds.

I want a team outside the top 6 european nations that aren't expected to be top 4/6 but still have reasonable finances and facilities ?

Lique 1 - Montpellier - Great Squad, no debt good facilities.

Bundesliga - Stuttgart - Excellent Facilities, Excellent youth facilities, ready to challenge the top 5.

Club: Chelsea

Division: Eng. Prem. League

Transfer Budget:20 mill

Wage Budget:60k/wk pound

Finances:good

Board Expectation(s):win

Key Players:Lampard, Terry, Mata, Ivanovic, Sturridge, Torres(booo!), Meireles, Malouda, Cole

Pros:Good attack, Good team in general, Strong midfield

Cons: Defence vounerble at times, strikers miss shots alot.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult):depends on the manager

Additional Information:

In June 2016, just won the South American Champions League with Estudiantes, Shakhtar have just approached me as manager as their one retired, transfer budget of £16m, wage budget £950k currently spending £732k, but with Estudiantes I have a potential big club in the making, although the prospect of getting European glory to Shakhtar with the squad they have seems too exciting..

I want to start a new game with a mid to lower half team in top division of Spain or England. Ive had a great game with Parma so a team of similar stature really. Dont like to make wholesale changes prefer to build gradually so need a decent base to play a 433. Dont really mind what finances are like. Thanks

Archived