FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Want a game with a side in the big Euro leagues (Eng, Ita, Spa, Ger, Fra, Hol, Por) with previous history of european qualification but struggled recently. A side with average/poor finances that will need a bit of selling before buying. Been thinking Villarreal but open to suggestions.

Fiorentina fit that bill too. Aston Villa, Feyenoord are the weakest they've been for a long time. But yea Villarreal could be the best option there, some quality players to rebuild around.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, looking for a team to manage. Plan to holiday for 2 or 3 seasons and then take over somewhere, so i´m not going to go with the usual template.

Nation: Europe Anywhere but the "Big 5" (Germany, england, italy, spain, france)

Division: first division team but not an established elite Top3 team (or top2 or 4 or just the top team depending on the country, every ountry has those that are clearly above everybody else)

What i want is playing a team and the corresponding national team and help get the league and the NT up the footballing world by developing players eligible for the National Squad.

- Good youth facilities and recruitment if possible

- decently competitive league, so other teams that will challenge you years in.

- decent number of home-grown players on squads a couple years in the future (i know for a fact that this excludes the scandinavian countries). Alternatively some advice on how to manipulate a league in the editor or FMRTE to achieve that (nation/league transfer preferences)

- Good newgen generation

Netherland and Portugal also seem to easy for what i want to do but i´m open to them if anyone has suggestions for them.

Nation: Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal and last option England

Division: -

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: No Topclub like Spurs, Napoli, AS Roma, Juventus ect.

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy some talents

Wage Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: So far i have managed Dortmund, Malaga, Valencia, Villareal and Lazio. I'm looking for a team that have a few good youngsters were i can build on. I prefer a team with high determantion and work rate. Hope you have some ideas for me.

Hi guys, looking for a team to manage. Plan to holiday for 2 or 3 seasons and then take over somewhere, so i´m not going to go with the usual template.

Nation: Europe Anywhere but the "Big 5" (Germany, england, italy, spain, france)

Division: first division team but not an established elite Top3 team (or top2 or 4 or just the top team depending on the country, every ountry has those that are clearly above everybody else)

What i want is playing a team and the corresponding national team and help get the league and the NT up the footballing world by developing players eligible for the National Squad.

- decent number of home-grown players on squads a couple years in the future (i know for a fact that this excludes the scandinavian countries). Alternatively some advice on how to manipulate a league in the editor or FMRTE to achieve that (nation/league transfer preferences)

- Good newgen generation

Netherland and Portugal also seem to easy for what i want to do but i´m open to them if anyone has suggestions for them.

As mentioned the other day; Vitesse, SC Heerenveen, FC Groningen and FC Utrecht and ADO Den Haag could be good shouts from Holland. In Scotland, you could go with Queens Park.

Nation: Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal and last option England

Division: -

Media Prediction: No Topclub like Spurs, Napoli, AS Roma, Juventus ect.

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy some talents

Wage Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: So far i have managed Dortmund, Malaga, Valencia, Villareal and Lazio. I'm looking for a team that have a few good youngsters were i can build on. I prefer a team with high determantion and work rate. Hope you have some ideas for me.

Granada in Spain would be a good shout. AC Siena in Italy.

Nation: NOT UK but no stupid play-offs

Division: top/second

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: mid-table in first div/promotion in second

Board Expectation(s): as above

Transfer Budget: doesn't matter

Wage Budget: enough for a couple freebies

Finances: to keep me in black till i get to europe

Other: decent youth/training setup, nice stadium, youngsters capable of entering first-team

- Good newgen generation

If you have a bit of time, create a new football ladder in one of unplayable nations, usually takes about an hour to make a pretty decent set-up, a day to get details right and always mark max-amount of foreigners to 5-8 in match squad. Will make transfers a bit inflated but all the teams will have lots of home-grown talent. I would suggest making a very basic Lithuanian league ladder, using default patch and just adding competitions as usual. Currently 1CL/2EL spots, nothing too exciting but both old players and regens are very decent and future is bright for the country. Just don't forget to add a winter break (early-mid december to mid-late january) and a bit of prize money (top side gets 30k pounds). The only issue that there is no decent youth set-up anywhere in the country, yet it produces tons of good regens (I know, makes no sense but is true)

After playing 10 seasons in a malaga save then another 10 in a PSG save(before it stopped working due to database size) I am looking for a similar kind of team. Good money, enough to buy players, but at the same time no fully formed yet to give me my chance to put them on the map. Would prefer European. Any ideas?

Man City, Anzhi, Monaco, Arsenal would probably be good choices.

Hmm should have been more specific, sorry.

I want to be in Europe, don't have to be mega rich just enough money to buy players at the start and the talent in the future. Want to avoid Russia and England(know england too well, and russia...well its russia) I had thought about Monaco, also thought about Athletic or Athletico madrid.

But Athletico madrid have a history sort of.

Nation: England, Germany

Division:Top

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: Top half

Board Expectation(s): Don't mind

Transfer Budget: enough to buy a few players

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: rich or secure

Other: I have some teams in mind but not sure which would be better please give your opinions lads the teams as I would like a fun save cheers in advance:D

Nation: Holland would be my top choice. but wouldn't mind Italy, Spain or Germany either.

Division: Top

Transfer Budget: Preferably low (£5M>)

Finances: Secure

Other: I want to build a 'superclub'. Would like a club with a good youth recruitment policy and scouting network. Thanks in advance!

Anxiietyyy join me on a Valencia save! I was thinking of managing someone else in Spain but going to go for Valencia. Financial problems but for the past 3 seasons they have always finished 3rd I think. Got Soldado, Banega, Canales, Jordi Alba, 5million Euro to spend and within a few years can be challenging RM and Barcelona.

Anxiietyyy join me on a Valencia save! I was thinking of managing someone else in Spain but going to go for Valencia. Financial problems but for the past 3 seasons they have always finished 3rd I think. Got Soldado, Banega, Canales, Jordi Alba, 5million Euro to spend and within a few years can be challenging RM and Barcelona.

I like the sound of that! Good spine to build around, some good talent coming through etc. I think I might join ya!

Nation: Holland would be my top choice. but wouldn't mind Italy, Spain or Germany either.

Transfer Budget: Preferably low (£5M>)

Other: I want to build a 'superclub'. Would like a club with a good youth recruitment policy and scouting network. Thanks in advance!

Ajax fits your description perfectly. Feyenoord maybe as well

Ajax fits your description perfectly. Feyenoord maybe as well

I like those two suggestion, too. I was originally going to do Ajax but wanted to hear some other suggestions too. I'll probably start both a Valencia one and an Ajax one.

I like those two suggestion, too. I was originally going to do Ajax but wanted to hear some other suggestions too. I'll probably start both a Valencia one and an Ajax one.

I'm doing a Fiorentina save at the minute and it's very enjoyable. You get no funds to begin with but that is easily sorted by terminating all the loanees (Amuari mostly, he's on £115k a week) bar Cassani and selling Berhami (sp) for £3.5M as he's too injury prone, I managed to end up with about £6.5m by selling a few others too/letting them go on co-ownerships and the money saved on wages of the loanees. Only spent just over £2m on it on Vossen and Kara as the rest of the team is good enough to challenge for a european spot, but if needed I can spend more. You also make money most months even with the £550 k a month loan repayment :cool:

Nation: Any European nation other than UK nations

Division: Lower

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Not particularly bothered

Board Expectation(s): Same again, don't mind

Transfer Budget: Low

Finances: Decent

Other: The aim of my game is to start somewhere low in Europe and try and build a career as a manager, moving progressively up the managerial ladder before eventually managing one of the top sides. I guess I mainly want to have a realistically game. Recent games I've had with Villarreal, Southampton and Newcastle have been good but I want to start low like a real manager and I'm looking for a decent side to begin my career somewhere in Europe. I could randomly selected a team but if anyone has suggestions I'm listening! If they have previous history and a good background that'd be a plus. Thanks!

Nation: UK

Division: NPC/Lower

Transfer Budget: a little bit?

Finances: pref not bankrupt!

Other: As I'm a Leeds fan, I've tried Leeds but I dislike most of the players & the budget is ****. Any suggestions for a team in NPC? I suppose with funds to have something to play with. Looked at Forest but they don't have a budget either..

Nation: Any European nation other than UK nations

Division: Lower

Transfer Budget: Low

Finances: Decent

Other: The aim of my game is to start somewhere low in Europe and try and build a career as a manager, moving progressively up the managerial ladder before eventually managing one of the top sides. I guess I mainly want to have a realistically game. Recent games I've had with Villarreal, Southampton and Newcastle have been good but I want to start low like a real manager and I'm looking for a decent side to begin my career somewhere in Europe. I could randomly selected a team but if anyone has suggestions I'm listening! If they have previous history and a good background that'd be a plus. Thanks!

Alaves and Real Union are Basque clubs in Spain which have lots of history. Real Union were founding members of La Liga, Alaves competed in the top league as recently as 2005-06.

Nation: UK

Division: NPC/Lower

Transfer Budget: a little bit?

Finances: pref not bankrupt!

Other: As I'm a Leeds fan, I've tried Leeds but I dislike most of the players & the budget is ****. Any suggestions for a team in NPC? I suppose with funds to have something to play with. Looked at Forest but they don't have a budget either..

Leicester, West Ham, Blackpool and Southampton are obviously the rich clubs in that league. Other than that money is pretty sparse in the championship. Reading have a strong squad and if I recall correctly have a little bit of wiggle room with the budget, or at least players to sell to raise some money. Middlesbrough could also be good, some decent young British players.

Nation: England

Division: nPower Championship

Media Prediction: Top Half (12th-1st)

Transfer Budget: £500k - £4 million

Wage Budget: Enough to add two or three players.

Finances: In the long-term, they must be financially secure.

Other: They must have a good squad at the start of the season, a squad with undoubted potential.

This will be my first proper save in a lower league club, granted it's only the nPower Championship, but I'm looking forward to it :thup:

Division: nPower Championship

Media Prediction: Top Half (12th-1st)

Transfer Budget: £500k - £4 million

Finances: In the long-term, they must be financially secure.

Other: They must have a good squad at the start of the season, a squad with undoubted potential.

This will be my first proper save in a lower league club, granted it's only the nPower Championship, but I'm looking forward to it :thup:

Lol @ Lower League ;)

The obvious would be out of Reading (can get promoted without any additions but have the budget to do so if required), Southampton (great strikers and Lallana, Fox etc - maybe too easy), Blackpool (mega dosh but may be too easy), Leicester (strong squad and money to back them up).

As alternatives how about Burnley (great strikers), Cardiff or Ipswich? Birmingham give the added Euro comp element and am sure somebody will suggest Nottingham Forest soon enough ;)

I am looking for a team where I can fully focus on developing youngsters. Development therefore is more important to me as the prospect of having short team success.

Nation: Worldwide

Division: Tier 1 division

European Competition: No preference

Media Prediction: Achievable with starting squad

Board Expectation(s): Achievable (A board favourable to youth development would be great)

Transfer Budget: Not bothered

Wage Budget: Some space to upgrade existing contracts

Finances: Not bothered

Facilities: Great youth setup and good training grounds are an absolute minimum

Other: I prefer leagues no longer than 36 games. It would also be great if there were a number of first teamers who make ideal Tutors. Teams I was thinking of so far were Santos or Feyenoord.

I'm actually looking for two teams. A friend and I are going to play a multiplayer game and would like our teams to be in the same league and similar in potential or current ability.

Nation: England, Italy or France ideally; might also consider Germany and as a last resort, Spain (not a fan of the Spanish league setup)

European Competition: No preference but same for both (so both teams in CL or both in EL or both with no competition)

Media Prediction: European Competition

Board Expectation(s): Don't really mind but reasonable

Transfer Budget: For both transfer and wage budget we're looking for teams that have a decent amount to spend on both. Not like PSG or Man City-style amounts but enough to afford some decent players without breaking too much of a sweat.

Wage Budget: See above.

Other: Teams with a decent amount of youth would be ideal if we're being even more picky. One last thing, if one of the teams could play with wingers that would be even more ideal as that's the way I tend to have my teams play. My friend isn't too picky on the team roles, though, so the second team can play however tbh.

That should be about it. Again, two teams not one, and they'd need to be similar in a number of key areas as described above.

I am looking for a team where I can fully focus on developing youngsters. Development therefore is more important to me as the prospect of having short team success.

Nation: Worldwide

Division: Tier 1 division

Media Prediction: Achievable with starting squad

Board Expectation(s): Achievable (A board favourable to youth development would be great)

Transfer Budget: Not bothered

Wage Budget: Some space to upgrade existing contracts

Facilities: Great youth setup and good training grounds are an absolute minimum

Other: I prefer leagues no longer than 36 games. It would also be great if there were a number of first teamers who make ideal Tutors. Teams I was thinking of so far were Santos or Feyenoord.

I'm actually looking for two teams. A friend and I are going to play a multiplayer game and would like our teams to be in the same league and similar in potential or current ability.

Nation: England, Italy or France ideally; might also consider Germany and as a last resort, Spain (not a fan of the Spanish league setup)

European Competition: No preference but same for both (so both teams in CL or both in EL or both with no competition)

Media Prediction: European Competition

Board Expectation(s): Don't really mind but reasonable

Transfer Budget: For both transfer and wage budget we're looking for teams that have a decent amount to spend on both. Not like PSG or Man City-style amounts but enough to afford some decent players without breaking too much of a sweat.

Wage Budget: See above.

Other: Teams with a decent amount of youth would be ideal if we're being even more picky. One last thing, if one of the teams could play with wingers that would be even more ideal as that's the way I tend to have my teams play. My friend isn't too picky on the team roles, though, so the second team can play however tbh.

That should be about it. Again, two teams not one, and they'd need to be similar in a number of key areas as described above.

I would say to you both Hoffenheim or Gladbach in Germany.

Hoffenheim have a very wealthy owner who will keep the club stable and the more you succeed with the club the more he will throw money towards you. There is massive room for development and it is such a fun save taking a club who just a mere few years ago were a village club in the lower leagues of Germany.

Gladbach have a very young squad. Plus, Marc Andre ter Stegen :cool:. Great squad to develop with and keep a good young base to the team. Looks a really fun save.

Nation: I like teams with a restriction on playing squad so not Germany/Spain.

Division: Tier 1,2 division

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): High

Transfer Budget: ~5 million

Wage Budget: a decent room to buy a few new faces

Facilities: Good youth setup and good training grounds

Other: I have managed Aberdeen and won the Euro cup with them in 3 yrs. I am looking for a similar challenge, a mid table team with better youngsters and little more financial support from board.

Division: Conference/ League 2, possibly League 1

Media Prediction: Doesn`t matter

Transfer Budget: Doesn`t Matter

Finances: No Debt

Other: I want a Large Fanbase so the Club can one day get a Worldwide Rep.

Other: I have managed Aberdeen and won the Euro cup with them in 3 yrs. I am looking for a similar challenge, a mid table team with better youngsters and little more financial support from board.

I'd say some teams in Italy, Russia could qualify for this.

Division: Conference/ League 2, possibly League 1

Media Prediction: Doesn`t matter

Transfer Budget: Doesn`t Matter

Finances: No Debt

Other: I want a Large Fanbase so the Club can one day get a Worldwide Rep.

Swindon, Southend, Shrewsbury?

Anji in Russia.

Russia seems interesting, never explored it there. But isn't Anji too powerful with there new financial muscle?

They might be after a few seasons, but there is still the challenge of overhauling the Moscow clubs and Zenit. Rubin Kazan are another club worth looking at.

Rubin Kazan Team Thread

Anji Team Thread

Have a look in those and see if any grab your interest :thup:.

Nation: NOT England, Spain or Italy

European Competition: Not bothered

Media Prediction: Qualifying for Europe

Board Expectation(s): Qualifying for Europe

Transfer Budget: A fair bit, enough to buy some youngsters and the odd top class player

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other: I've done a fair few games in the top three nations, want to try something different. Had the ideas of going Germany, France, Holland or Russia. Not sure which team though. A fair bit of money would be nice as most of my previous games have been with teams with low budgets.

Trying to decide between 1860 Munich and 1FC Nuremberg.

Anyone have any experience with 1860 Munich?

Yep, just about to enter season 2015/16. Loving it. Got promoted first year with no signings. Wingers (Halfar and Aigner) and strikers (especially Lauth) are too good for the rest of that league to cope with. Finished 14th, 11th, and now 5th in Bundesliga. Club makes healthy profits each year and produces excellent youth players, I already have 3 regens who are regarded as 4.5/5* (leading bundesliga) potential by my staff. And you start with Sebastian Maier who is also developing in to a top player for me. I really reccommend it.

EDIT: Just to show how you can build the team my starting XI is now: ter Stegen (free), Femenia (1.2), Schindler (had from start), Muniesa (free), Newgen,

Crisetig (1.8), Kofi Agyei (4.3), Markovic (1.9), Maier (had from start), Dentino (4.5), Newgen.

Halfar and Aigner both still rotated in for easier games.

Thanks SRL, while big money and opportunity to built a team from scratch seems interesting but I would prefer Rubin over Anji given a presence of good home grown players and it would be a good challenge to compete against Russian power houses with lesser finances.

And as Suggy33 said Rubin > Anji :p

Yep, just about to enter season 2015/16. Loving it. Got promoted first year with no signings. Wingers (Halfar and Aigner) and strikers (especially Lauth) are too good for the rest of that league to cope with. Finished 14th, 11th, and now 5th in Bundesliga. Club makes healthy profits each year and produces excellent youth players, I already have 3 regens who are regarded as 4.5/5* (leading bundesliga) potential by my staff. And you start with Sebastian Maier who is also developing in to a top player for me. I really reccommend it.

EDIT: Just to show how you can build the team my starting XI is now: ter Stegen (free), Femenia (1.2), Schindler (had from start), Muniesa (free), Newgen,

Crisetig (1.8), Kofi Agyei (4.3), Markovic (1.9), Maier (had from start), Dentino (4.5), Newgen.

Halfar and Aigner both still rotated in for easier games.

So finances were ok? I was really worried about the fact that 45% of your gate goes towards rent.

Yea I wouldn't worry about that. The club has no debt and my bank balance is now something like £40mil (but I do tend to be tight with wages and a low-spender - as you can tell from my signings - Kofi Agyei and Dentinho were only bought this year as I made it in to Europe).

Yea I wouldn't worry about that. The club has no debt and my bank balance is now something like £40mil (but I do tend to be tight with wages and a low-spender - as you can tell from my signings - Kofi Agyei and Dentinho were only bought this year as I made it in to Europe).

Well then, sounds like I'll be going with 1860.

Edit- Although I'm using an edit file to add the new Jordanian chairman and new Aston Martin sponsorship that somehow didn't make it in the last update.

Nation: Anywhere, but preferably Europe

Division: Any

European Competition: Not mandatory

Media Prediction:at least top half of the table

Board Expectation(s): the same

Transfer Budget: not using transfer budget in the beginning, but some decent money to use in january

Wage Budget: same

Finances: stable at least

Other:

Nation: Anywhere, but preferably Europe

Division: Any

European Competition: Not mandatory

Media Prediction:at least top half of the table

Board Expectation(s): the same

Transfer Budget: not using transfer budget in the beginning, but some decent money to use in january

Wage Budget: same

Finances: stable at least

Other:

Fiorentina, one problem would be having Amauri taking £115k a week if you're not using transfers in the first window but you do have Jovetic, Ljalic, Cerci, Vargas, De Silvestre and Montolivo to go alongside some promising youths, you would need to find a CM/DM on a free which is another downside due to Berhami (sp) proneness to injury but Diarra would do the job until Jan and you do have one or 2 on co-ownerships who will do for a year as cover. In the first season I made a profit of £400k+ most months (Think it was September to November where I only lost a bit) even with the debt and having part of Astori's signing over 48 months. Just started season 2 after winning the league and I have 8 sponsorship deals which are worth £25 a season and £48M TV money plus there's lots of room left to fill the ground which will bring more money if you are successful :)

Archived