FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: Top 2 divisions in Germany or Spain plus possibly top divisions in France or Netherlands

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: bottom half

Board Expectation(s): Quite lenient

Transfer Budget: enough to sign a couple of players, maybe £2m+

Wage Budget: not too bothered

Finances: reasonably challenging

Nation: Europe, Not England.

Media Prediction: Mid-table, Relegation battle

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table, Relegation battle

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in oldies!

Wage Budget:

Finances: Little money but probably not in debt, or could just have little money with a bit of debt, something challenging.

I'm doing this as I just can't get into a game at the moment I've tried both big and middle clubs just can't get into it.

Nation: Europe, Not England.

Media Prediction: Mid-table, Relegation battle

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table, Relegation battle

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in oldies!

Wage Budget:

Finances: Little money but probably not in debt, or could just have little money with a bit of debt, something challenging.

I'm doing this as I just can't get into a game at the moment I've tried both big and middle clubs just can't get into it.

Atalanta? Have a -6point deduction to contend with but a good squad with potential & great facilities.

Looking for a foreign season to start, I want a season with longevity probably in Spain, Italy or France & someone who I can get Europe with but at the same time a team with ambition

France: Sochaux, St Etienne, Stade Rennais.

Italy: Parma, Udinese, Genoa.

Spain: Sociedad, Villarreal, Zaragoza.

Nation: Brazil

European Competition: DNC

Media Prediction: Mid-table to Title Challengers

Board Expectation(s): Ambitious

Transfer Budget: DNC

Wage Budget: DNC

Finances: Debt free would be good but a little debt doesn't hurt.

Killing time waiting for the update plus wanna try a 3-3-1-3 formation or the W-M formation.

Nation: England

Division: Blue Square Premier

Euro Cont: N/A

Media Prediction: Not to fussed

Transfer Budget: Best Possible

Wage Budget: Best Possible

Finances: Richest in division

Other: Basically looking for the wealthiest team in the division to start with

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: top half finish to title contenders

Board Expectation(s): same as above

Transfer Budget: not fussed

Wage Budget: quite decent

Finances: i understand most clubs in Brazil have some sort of debt so would preferably like a club that could possibly become debt free within a few years

Starting to get bored constantly managing in Europe so fancy a complete change of scenery.

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: top half finish to title contenders

Board Expectation(s): same as above

Transfer Budget: not fussed

Wage Budget: quite decent

Finances: i understand most clubs in Brazil have some sort of debt so would preferably like a club that could possibly become debt free within a few years

Starting to get bored constantly managing in Europe so fancy a complete change of scenery.

Santos would probably be 1 of them. Only 2 clubs(forgot the other 1) in Brazil sell season tickets so the chance of them becoming debt free are the highest.

Roma, Lille or Valencia which one and why

I would go with Valencia. Only reason being that the challenge of breaking Real Madrid & Barcelona is very, very tough. You also get a team in Spain who usually has a tycoon takeover, effectively making it a top 3 which you need to break. Nice little challenge so I would go with them.

I would go with Valencia. Only reason being that the challenge of breaking Real Madrid & Barcelona is very, very tough. You also get a team in Spain who usually has a tycoon takeover, effectively making it a top 3 which you need to break. Nice little challenge so I would go with them.

I agree with this, in my saves it is usually Valencia or Atletico Madrid who get one.

I agree with this, in my saves it is usually Valencia or Atletico Madrid who get one.

Every save I have had its been Atletico Madrid. Yet to see anyone else receive a tycoon takeover.

Ok, this is a slightly different question I'm asking: I don't get a lot of time to play FM so I like to stick with one save. It's 2013 preseason and I have a save at a crossroads. I started with Pompey and managed a 9th place in the PL. In the close season Arsenal offered me the job.

So do I try to continue to build Pompey with their poor facilities and not much money, or do I try and rebuild an Arsenal team that is out of Europe and seemingly haemorrhaging money (they lost 100 million in 2 years)?

Roma, Lille or Valencia which one and why

Roma. Some great talents to develop already at the club like Lamela, Pjanic, Bojan and Jose Angel, fantastic facilities which mean the club could potentially sustain itself with youth and the chance to break the Northern teams' grip on the Scudetto. :thup:

Just wondering has anyone done a game with Lorient before, Im manageing them aswell as Arsenal and quiete enjoying it, they haven't got much money in the bank but got some good former Arsenal players like Sunu, Aliadere and Joel Campbell is there on loan aswell, definetly worth a try if you are getting bored like I was.

Ive never managed in Italy' date=' but now im looking forward to it.

But i cant choose between these three so i need help:

[b']AS ROMA[/b] or UDINESE or LAZIO

Definitely Roma. As I said a few posts above there are some brilliant players in the team, a fantastic club infrastructure plus the challenge of bringing the Scudetto back to the capital as well as winning us the first Champions League. Here's the Roma thread.

Welcome to the forums btw. :thup:

Looking for a team that are like Genoa were on FM10, talented but underachieving squad and the potential to turn into a huge club. Preferably with a supportive chairman. I've already considered Hoffenheim and Malaga but i'm not too keen on them. Any other suggestions?

Looking for a team that are like Genoa were on FM10, talented but underachieving squad and the potential to turn into a huge club. Preferably with a supportive chairman. I've already considered Hoffenheim and Malaga but i'm not too keen on them. Any other suggestions?

Cagliari perhaps? They have a star defender in Davide Astori, a couple of very good but ageing midfielders and a decent strikeforce at the start. With a few signings they could become a force to be reckoned with. I don't know what the chairman is like though.

Yes, Fiorentina. They have some very good players such as Jovetic and Montolivo, but the squad is somewhat short on quality and is definitely underachieving in Serie A. Great potential.

Ive never managed in Italy' date=' but now im looking forward to it.

But i cant choose between these three so i need help:

[b']AS ROMA[/b] or UDINESE or LAZIO

Udinese. I made a club thread about them so you can have a look. The squad itself have some decent players, like the goal-machine Di Natale. Huge potential!

Hi guys,

I am having a real crisis here... I have purchased the game for the past few years, but never managed to pick up any prizes (Aside from Finnish first division or something...). I love Journey man games but just cannot seem to get into it. If I play for 4 seasons then I've been playing a very long game..

So, why post this in the "what team should I be" topic?

I was hoping that you guys could hook me up with a team that will get my journey man game jump started and hopefully get me on my way to win something somewhere down the line.

Nation: Any (Just built my new pc, looking to take full advantage of it by loading most leagues)

Division: Top division or the one below - Nothing with more than 18 teams!

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Realistic (Nothing that cannot be achieved with base squad)

Board Expectation(s): Has to be achievable (Nothing that is overly ambitious for the starting squad)

Transfer Budget: Anything between 500k and 10 mil

Wage Budget: With space to bring in at least 1 or 2 players

Finances: Everything except Rich - debt is fine

Other: Youth facilities above the league standard would be great. I would love to play with a hard working team with some pacey strikers.

I really hope you guys can help me!

I'm looking for a club similar to Newcastle in a different league.

Nation: Any but England

Division: Top

Media Prediction: Top Half

Board Prediction: Top Half

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy players.

Wage: decent

Finances: Stable at least

Nation: France, Spain, Italy, Germany

European Competition: not necessary

Media Prediction: midtable

Board Expectation(s): midtable

Transfer Budget: decent

Wage Budget: decent

Finances: secure

Other: New to FM so looking for a team where I can learn the ropes and where the expectations aren't extravagant

Other: New to FM so looking for a team where I can learn the ropes and where the expectations aren't extravagant

France: Lille. Even as defending champions, they are predicted to finish outside the top 3.

Spain: Granada. Check out the thread. Very helpful posters there.

Italy: Napoli. Again, an above average squad with a media prediction outside the top 3.

Germany: Gladbach & HSV. Both with midtable squads with potential.

Pretty much who Maestroik said, but I would also like to throw Hoffenheim into the mix. A mid-table squad and with a few editions, you could be challenging for a European place. You have a wealthy owner, who although wont flash his cash, if you suceed you get a hefty transfer budget off him. Possibly the most fun save I have ever had on FM.

Archived