FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might do a Benfica one aswell, on the proviso that i have to sell my best players every 1-2 seasons and rebuild that way, rather than unrealistically keeping them.

That might be interesting to play. They do it like that irl

That might be interesting to play. They do it like that irl

Yeah, as do Porto. It's a fun way to play. I did Porto in FM11, won everything and sold off Falcao for £25m, Hulk £28m and so on, and re-built. Would love to do it with Benfica.

Looking for team in England, premier league, championship or league 1 that have potential to build and decent youth prospects

EPL- Newcastle/Villa/Everton

CH- S'oton/Boro/West Ham

Looking for a team, anywhwre in europe, not england thou, a team mid table decent finances and with not much history, dont really want a sugar daddy or a team in the second division in europe with loads of potential to mould my mark into there history, also they must not be in european competitions

Try bolton mate really enjoying he challenge hardly any funds and never much excitment IRl so hoping to build them into european regulars !!

Nation: Any preferably not England

Division: Top devision in respecive country

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Pushing for top five

Board Expectation(s): Europe/Top Half

Transfer Budget: Enough for a few buys but not like City money

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Good

Other: I like playing narrow formations 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-1-2 etc so dont really want a team with good wingers or with wingers that can be sold for high profit. Usually play as lesser teams so want a shot at managing a biggish club

Hoffenheim are nicely suited for a narrow formation. The wingers currently there are average and can be shipped out pretty quick and the money will help you strengthen elsewhere. One of 9 teams who all stand a chance of challenging for the title.

AC Milan or Inter Milan are options as well.

Hoffenheim are nicely suited for a narrow formation. The wingers currently there are average and can be shipped out pretty quick and the money will help you strengthen elsewhere. One of 9 teams who all stand a chance of challenging for the title.

AC Milan or Inter Milan are options as well.

Cheers for the suggestions, Ill take a look at Hoffenheim. Would like a go at managing Inter as well actually

@jimbob

AS Roma

Benfica (its more of a 4132 there)

you're bored of wingers too, mate? :D

Bored of wingers? Never got excited about them in the first place. have always preffered a narrow formation with Wing Backs providing the "wingers", has always worked well for me. Just been looking at Benfica. Was going to go with Tottenham but 1) the EPL bores me and 2) they are so reliant on wingers.

hmm well isnt that brazilian style? look around at the teams in the brasil leagues

atletico mineiro for example.. Ill look around for more to tell you

cruzeiro

palmeiras

fluminese

atletico paranase

quite a lot of the brazilian teams play 4222

hmm well isnt that brazilian style? look around at the teams in the brasil leagues

atletico mineiro for example.. Ill look around for more to tell you

cruzeiro

palmeiras

fluminese

atletico paranase

quite a lot of the brazilian teams play 4222

didnt think of Brazil good shout that. Cheers :)

Getting bored with this years FM to be honest looking for a really fun game a wont get bored with a team who are either in the europa league or not in europe but who you could build with and get into the champions league and challenge for domestic honours any suggestions willing to play anywhere bar the EPL!

Hey i'm looking for a team in league were i have to sell my star players when big teams come after them and then find new players and develop them in new stars. So im looking for a team in a smallish league with good training facilities.

Nickyg21 and Rasnaldo - Dinamo Bucharest, Dinamo Zagreb, Red Star or Partizan Belgrade, Sparta or Slavia Prague, Baník Ostrava, Legia Warsaw, Dinamo Minsk all sound like the type of team that ticks the boxes for you.

Also look here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/284954-FM12-Górnik-Zabrze-Torcida, the facilities aren't that great but the youth recruitment is at the maximum level Rasnaldo and i'm picking up cheap/free kids to develop to do exactly what you are doing until I get the Ekstraklasa at a decent standard. I managed to sneak a Europa place in my first season by adding a few frees to what I have and have managed to sign a few African kids on frees (all my scouts are there now) in the winter. I am also in the Europa group stage after getting kind draws and I am enjoying it so far after failing to get in to my Gladbach save. You also get 2 ground extensions (up to 24,000 in 2013 and then 32,000 in 2014) and you'll be out of debt by June 2013 so if you can see the first 2 season through there is big potential to make them back to Poland's biggest club.

Cheers for the reply dexter_morgan those are gd ideas but a was hoping for a team a could maybe go on and win champs league with dont think a could do it with any of the ones you mentioned i have just loaded up France, Germany, Russia and Spain any ideas from these nations?

Hey i'm looking for a team in league were i have to sell my star players when big teams come after them and then find new players and develop them in new stars. So im looking for a team in a smallish league with good training facilities.

How about some clubs in Brazil or Argentina since they are always know to produce youngsters and selling them to Europe?

@ Dexter.

Looking at your own location and the advice you gave above on which medium/lower European nations to consider, I hope you don't mind me asking if you have any WP problems when trying to get young/cheap players in to Central/Eastern European clubs?

I have a stack of young (real life) prospects from around the globe but can never get them in to L1/L2/BSB teams because of WP issues. Therefore very tempted to take on a club from those nations/regions listed if the WP situation in game allows that quite easily?

As far as i'm aware everywhere else wouldn't have a problem, a few nations do need work permits (Denmark is one off the top of my head) but i've never seen them turned down even if the player isn't an international, some nations will have limits on non EU's or any foreign player other like Germany and Holland let you sign who you want. Belgium (pretty sure) France and Spain will allow all Africans without it going against the non EU rules. Some leagues like the Ekstraklasa will let you have 17 foreigners (total) in your squad but if they are 20 or under before January of each year then you don't have to register them, that same rule applies to Denmark too IIRC.

As far as i'm aware everywhere else wouldn't have a problem, a few nations do need work permits (Denmark is one off the top of my head) but i've never seen them turned down even if the player isn't an international, some nations will have limits on non EU's or any foreign player other like Germany and Holland let you sign who you want. Belgium (pretty sure) France and Spain will allow all Africans without it going against the non EU rules. Some leagues like the Ekstraklasa will let you have 17 foreigners (total) in your squad but if they are 20 or under before January of each year then you don't have to register them, that same rule applies to Denmark too IIRC.

Thanks mate, excellent. If I can bring in lots of these young players from Africa, Asia, Middle East, South/Central/North America and non-EU countries this will be a fun save for me.

I always try to keep it real by just looking at prospects known to me personally. I don't do regens, newgens, or even players that other members spot and share on this great forum. I don't even sign players that me and my scouts may find by searches, agent offers or filters. I use my in game scouts only to get their opinion or reports on the young gems I am interested in securing.

This makes it realistic & challenging. Will see if I can find a small, youthful squad to try this on in one of Eastern Europe's hidden corners as I haven't tried there before!

Nation: Conmebol Region

Division: Top division

Conmebol Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Continental to Challenger. Relegation fodder perhaps too

Board Expectation(s): Continental

Transfer Budget: Any

Other: Good youths is a plus with some decent first teamers also an added bonus. Never managed in this region before so thought of giving it a shot. Still leaning towards River Plate or one of the Chilean clubs.

Nation: Any Except England, Spain or Italy.

Division: Equivalent to Prem or Championship

European Competition: Preferable not essential

Media Prediction: Any - Quite like pressure

Board Expectation(s): Any - I expect high expectations with my budget requests

Transfer Budget: This is the tricky bit, I'm used to being City, Madrid or Barca so used to getting a big budget and don't really want to lose it. So a club with plenty to spend and a board that doesn't mind spending it

Wage Budget: Large! Will naturally be large with a rich club.

Finances: Good!

Other: I don't mind going to South America, USA or similar, I just know the English, Italian, Spanish set-up so well now and would like to learn something new but love my large transfer budget too much to let it go.

Nation: Any Except England, Spain or Italy.

Division: Equivalent to Prem or Championship

European Competition: Preferable not essential

Media Prediction: Any - Quite like pressure

Board Expectation(s): Any - I expect high expectations with my budget requests

Transfer Budget: This is the tricky bit, I'm used to being City, Madrid or Barca so used to getting a big budget and don't really want to lose it. So a club with plenty to spend and a board that doesn't mind spending it

Wage Budget: Large! Will naturally be large with a rich club.

Finances: Good!

Other: I don't mind going to South America, USA or similar, I just know the English, Italian, Spanish set-up so well now and would like to learn something new but love my large transfer budget too much to let it go.

Maybe a team like Anzhi or PSG they are the big money boys around Europe.

I second Anzhi. Interesting challenge of breaking the big boys in Russia as well as keeping your players fit throughout a possible European campaign when the league season would have finished :).

Decent thread for it as well.

Nation: England

Division: Bottom half of Championship, League 1 or 2 side

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: Bottom Half champ, any League 1 or 2

Board Expectation(s):any

Transfer Budget: dont mind

Finances: Dont mind

Nation: Outside the UK, but on Europe

Division: Not top tier

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: More than 0

Wage Budget: Enough to secure some free agent signings

Finances: Secure

Other: Some decent youth facilities with maybe a few good youth players

Nation: Outside the UK, but on Europe

Division: Not top tier

European Competition: None

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: More than 0

Wage Budget: Enough to secure some free agent signings

Finances: Secure

Other: Some decent youth facilities with maybe a few good youth players

Sampdoria or Torino without a doubt.

Outliar, you could try Palermo, Udinese or Genoa. You may even be able to get Fiorentina to go with 3 at the back.

I want to be from one of Europes smaller leagues with potential for champions league football. I want to build up a squad of unknowns and kill giants and win the Champions league and create a power out of a team from a lesser league that no one has ever heard of.

I want to ecclipse when I won the champions league third season with Lyn Oslo in FM09 my best achievement to date

Having a complete block on what team to be, need a decent challenge at a team i can build in England, not too bothered about finance but would like some youngsters i can blood in the first team.

Southampton maybe?

I want to be from one of Europes smaller leagues with potential for champions league football. I want to build up a squad of unknowns and kill giants and win the Champions league and create a power out of a team from a lesser league that no one has ever heard of.

I want to ecclipse when I won the champions league third season with Lyn Oslo in FM09 my best achievement to date

Obviously they've been heard of but haven't won anything for over 20 years Gornik

Or if you want to get a bit more obscure than that then I've been doing a yearly save with Halmia since FM09 (if anyone still has this they should give it a go, they had a sugar daddy hard coded in to the game 3 or 4 years in (didn't know this when I took over though) and even before the sugar daddy came in it was a fun save. Hasn't happened on any since though and i've still enjoyed each one :cool:

Gooner - pick Blackpool they have 51m in the bank, have 4m to spend on transfers which if you do 48 month deals can be stretched to 16m, you can ask for more money at the start, also you get given 12-15m in November if you are doing well in the league, and also get more to spend in January, squad is pretty decent with good defense for the league and can attract some decent players.

Looking for a team

Nation: not england or scotland maybe scandinava?

Division:lower league

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: good for league

Wage Budget: Room for movement

Finances: good finances

Other: good youth facilities

Looking for a team

Nation: not england or scotland maybe Italy Or Spain, Russia, Croatia, Ukraine to start off ?

Division:lower league

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: good for league

Wage Budget: Room for movement

Finances: good finances

Other: good youth facilities

Gooner - pick Blackpool they have 51m in the bank, have 4m to spend on transfers which if you do 48 month deals can be stretched to 16m, you can ask for more money at the start, also you get given 12-15m in November if you are doing well in the league, and also get more to spend in January, squad is pretty decent with good defense for the league and can attract some decent players.

I agree- over 48 months I spent £78m with Blackpool in my 1st season... Only bringing back to and the board think I'm the best thing since sliced cheese!!

Get involved: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293668-FM12-Blackpool-F.C.-–-‘The-Tange

Nation: Any preferably not England

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Pushing for top five

Transfer Budget: Enough for a few buys but not like City money

Other: I like playing narrow formations 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-1-2 etc so dont really want a team with good wingers or with wingers that can be sold for high profit. Usually play as lesser teams so want a shot at managing a biggish club

A similiar team to Napoli playing 3 at the back? That's all Im asking for really, a counter attacking team playing with 3 center backs.

For both of you I suggest Udinese. I'm starting a club thread for them this weekend.

They are well suited to playing 3 CB's, and have some great WB's. I'm playing 5-3-2 with them. Also, they have no wingers at all, so a typically Italian 4-3-1-2 is perfect for Udi. Di Natali as Trequarista. The competition in Serie A is fierce, so although IRL Udinese have been doing amazingly well, vying with the likes of Inter, Milan, Napoli, Juve, Roma, Lazio etc is a major challenge. The budget is modest despite the club raking in over 60m euros in transfer fees over the summer and only spending about a third of it- 5-7m euros infact. However, as Udinese pride themselves on buying cheap, young talent from Africa, South America etc, you could follow that ethos, as I am. I'm buying youth, developing, playing them, winning, and then selling for profit after 1-3 years when the big boys come calling. Tiny stadium too.

Join me!

For both of you I suggest Udinese. I'm starting a club thread for them this weekend.

They are well suited to playing 3 CB's, and have some great WB's. I'm playing 5-3-2 with them. Also, they have no wingers at all, so a typically Italian 4-3-1-2 is perfect for Udi. Di Natali as Trequarista. The competition in Serie A is fierce, so although IRL Udinese have been doing amazingly well, vying with the likes of Inter, Milan, Napoli, Juve, Roma, Lazio etc is a major challenge. The budget is modest despite the club raking in over 60m euros in transfer fees over the summer and only spending about a third of it- 5-7m euros infact. However, as Udinese pride themselves on buying cheap, young talent from Africa, South America etc, you could follow that ethos, as I am. I'm buying youth, developing, playing them, winning, and then selling for profit after 1-3 years when the big boys come calling. Tiny stadium too.

Join me!

Look forward to seeing it, how do they play irl? Also good point about the transfer fees, as the budet is not high despite this, kind of confusing. Di Natale is a complete legend of course, but is 34 years old, just wonder who a suitable replacement would be.

Look forward to seeing it, how do they play irl? Also good point about the transfer fees, as the budet is not high despite this, kind of confusing. Di Natale is a complete legend of course, but is 34 years old, just wonder who a suitable replacement would be.

They play with wing backs and 3 CB's/3CM's and then the front two interchanging. Quite attacking http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/21/juventus-udinese-tactics-guidolin-conte/

Di natale has scored something close to 60 goals in his last two Serie A campaigns, which has mad him more prolific in his twighlight yrs than he has ever been. He's a club legend too, so will be very hard to replace such versatile creative forward. He has about two more seasons in him, and anything after is a bonus. He's our Totti/Del Piero...

Nation: Big 4 (England,Italy,Spain,France)

European Competition: Europa League or Non- No champions league

Transfer Budget: Enough for some Manouvering

Other: Basically, im liking for a good team that is not in the Champions League, has an alright transfer budget, couple of good players but strengthening needed to make champions league. Im thinking Tottenham.

I want to start a save in France/Germany. I want a team that isn't in financial turmoil where I can slowly build my own team rather than moving in to a built team like Lyon.

I'm looking at either Saint Etienne and trying to rebuild them to greatness, or starting with Evian and building them up slowly from absolute nothing. Which sounds like a cooler team to manage?

Open to German suggestions too.

Archived