FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Looking for a new game, hopefully will be a decent length game, so something that would keep me occupied for a while.

These are the games i've enjoyed during this and the previous FM;

Slovakia - Slovan Bratislava

Slovenia - Olimpija

Romania - Steaua Bucharest

Hungary - Budapest Honved

Serbia - Red Star Belgrade

Italy - Hellas Verona

Sweden - Kiruna FF and AIK

Austria - Austria Vienna

Czech Republic - Sparta Prague

Holland - Ajax

Norway - Molde

Ukraine - Dynamo Kyiv

Uruguay - Penarol

Brazil - Fluminense

I think that's it really. I've played more, just not particularly enjoyed them.

Looking for any suggestions, was thinking about maybe doing an Irish game, an Icelandic game, Pro Vercelli in Italy, Grasshoppers Zurich in Switzerland, Zenit St. Petersburg in Russia, or Dukla Prague.

I'm open to anything, not really too keen on England/France though, can never get into those games

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for a new game, hopefully will be a decent length game, so something that would keep me occupied for a while.

These are the games i've enjoyed during this and the previous FM;

Slovakia - Slovan Bratislava

Slovenia - Olimpija

Romania - Steaua Bucharest

Hungary - Budapest Honved

Serbia - Red Star Belgrade

Italy - Hellas Verona

Sweden - Kiruna FF and AIK

Austria - Austria Vienna

Czech Republic - Sparta Prague

Holland - Ajax

Norway - Molde

Ukraine - Dynamo Kyiv

Uruguay - Penarol

Brazil - Fluminense

I think that's it really. I've played more, just not particularly enjoyed them.

Looking for any suggestions, was thinking about maybe doing an Irish game, an Icelandic game, Pro Vercelli in Italy, Grasshoppers Zurich in Switzerland, Zenit St. Petersburg in Russia, or Dukla Prague.

I'm open to anything, not really too keen on England/France though, can never get into those games

San Marino FC in Italy? Andorra FC in Spain?

Recommend me a club

Nation: England

Division: Championship or lower

Transfer Budget: >1mil or players sellable to get 1mil (enough to fund a promotion push)

Other: Must start with homegrown young talent with Premier league potential.

A decent stadium which can be expanded.

Tried San Marino on the last game, thought it was OK at the start but started to drag after a while

Any more ideas?

I actually had the same problem with San Marino, just thought it suited the kind of games you seem to have enjoyed in the past.

Neuchatel Xamax in Switzerland? Rich owner but tough to attract quality, small competitive league, Basel to compete with long term.

Tromso in Norway? Most northern-most topflight club in Europe. Strong core of players who it will be tough to keep hold of. Good facilities but limited resources.

Looking for another French team after AS Saint-Etienne. Montpellier seems a decent prospect especially after their RL success thus far. Maybe even Sochaux or Auxerre. Definitely not PSG or Lyon. Kinda dislike these two.

Nation: Ligue 1 or 2

Division: 1 or 2

Continental Competition: Preferably none

Media Prediction: Euro to Title Challenge

Board Expectation(s): Ambitious

Transfer Budget: < 10 million Euros

Wage Budget: Not Sure

Finances: Good

Other:

Me again; after failing to get into a Paris Saint-Germain save, I'm on the look out for another club to manage. Here's what I would like;

Where? Which League would suit you, Llew? Well, I would like to manage in any of Europe's top leagues. The Premier League, Bundersliga, Serie 'A'; any top league. Although, I would like to rule out the Liga BBVA. I'm planning on making a new Málaga save soon, so that rules out Spain's leading division.

They must have potential - The club must have potential. On FM, I take great pride in managing to change a team from a mediocre mid-table side to a good footballing, efficient side who will find success after a bit of help from me.

Anything else? One thing, I would like to make a diverse, multi-national squad but, keep it predominately filled with player from the nation in which I'm managing.

Suggestions would be welcomed :D

Llew I have some suggestions I will put the list below :D and see what you think .....

Lazio 3m transfer budget .. Media Prediction 9th

Fiorentina 0 at the start .. Media Prediction 5th and in the past few months fired there rl Manager

Palermo 3.5m tb ... mp 6th and just fired there rl manager this past week

Udinese 3.7m tb ... mp 10

Genoa 2.2m tb ... mp 7

Parma 2.5m tb ... mp 13

Borussia Monchengladbach 875k tb .. mp 12

Hannover 250k tb ... mp 10

Hertha BSC 0 tb ... mp 11 and just fired there rl manager

Stuttgart 1.7m tb .. mp 7

Wolfsburg 10.5m tb ... mp 8

HSV 0 tb ... mp 6

Koln 0 tb ... mp 13

Aston Villa 7.75m tb ... mp 7

Blackburn 500k tb ... mp 11

Bolton 0 tb ... mp 13

Everton 2m tb .... mp 8

Fulham 200k tb .... mp 10

Newcastle 8m tb ... mp 9

Stoke 0 tb ... mp 14

Sunderland 6m tb .... mp 12

ok list over haha hope this kinda helps

Me again; after failing to get into a Paris Saint-Germain save, I'm on the look out for another club to manage. Here's what I would like;

Where? Which League would suit you, Llew? Well, I would like to manage in any of Europe's top leagues. The Premier League, Bundersliga, Serie 'A'; any top league. Although, I would like to rule out the Liga BBVA. I'm planning on making a new Málaga save soon, so that rules out Spain's leading division.

They must have potential - The club must have potential. On FM, I take great pride in managing to change a team from a mediocre mid-table side to a good footballing, efficient side who will find success after a bit of help from me.

Anything else? One thing, I would like to make a diverse, multi-national squad but, keep it predominately filled with player from the nation in which I'm managing.

Suggestions would be welcomed :D

Fiorentina or Monchengblach?

Okay, cheers everyone for the suggestions :D I should be decisive but, I've got four clubs to chose from;

C.F.C Genoa - Fast becoming a favoured club of mine; got a good save with them on FIFA 12 too. Good squad in a under-rated league, Serie 'A'. Another thing that entices me is the co-ownership and unexpected deals that do happen on a regular basis within Italy. Definitely a great option. Would be fun trying to attract other FM'ers to Genoa too - Dexter_Morgan... :cool:

Vfl Wolfsburg - Good side with a good foundation on which to build on. Probably my least favoured choice of the 4 but, it would be fun to restore them to former glories, especially back to when they won the league some seasons back with the likes of Edin Dzeko, Zvejdzan Misimovic and Grafite playing key parts.

Hoffenheim - SRL88 has finally won me around with his constant nagging. They look a good proposition - especially after watching them on many an occasion this season. What'd you say, SRL88? :D

Newcastle - Been this season's surprise package in the Premier League. Once again, they have a fantastic infrastructure and, despite having Mike Ashley as their chairman, financially they look sound. Would be fun to improve the squad and challenge for domestic honours.

Advice guys?

Lewis interest in Genoa is easily achievable mate, there's been more than me who has suggested them to people in here and the FM10 threadhttp://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/175828-FM10-Genoa-C.F.C-Back-in-Europe!?highlight=genoa was pretty busy. Don't forget you have the option to extend budgets to £20M+ too if you think you can do well.

You know it makes sense :D

Hoffenheim - SRL88 has finally won me around with his constant nagging. They look a good proposition - especially after watching them on many an occasion this season. What'd you say, SRL88? :D

Nagging??? Nagging??? How dare thou!!!

Class save Llew. Cant believe it took you this long to realise how good they actually are :p.

Looking for a new game for my Xmas time off. Really struggled to get into a game. Consider any prem or championship team and bundesliga or la logs would be an option. Just want a team with potential that I can try and improve

Genoa? I know they're in the Serie 'A', which is not what you're looking for but, they have great potential.

Others options would include Málaga, Valencia, Vfl Wolfsburg and Newcastle :)

Ok, have decided on 4 options-

Dortmund - great team, fans, stadium and gotze. May bee too easy.

Hoffenheim - loads of potential and a really active thread. Maybe too long term for me as I normally only last 5 or 6 years.

Brighton - bit different but loads of potential, Vicente and good chairman.

Valencia - great squad, couple of additions and could hopefully challenge the big 2 and a couple of you have already recommended them.

Thanks for your helP guys. These are the teams I'm between now. Had a look at genoa but I just don't like serie a

Hoffenheim :cool:. By farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the best thread on the GPTG :p.

In all honesty, its a very, very good save. It doesnt have to be long term to be fair. It took me 3 seasons to win the title, and after that it was mine every year for 10 seasons, but Andrew who currently has a save going managed to win the league in his first season. Hoffenheim have been my favourite save on the last 2 FM's!!!

If I was picking between the others, I would go Dortmund, Brighton, Valencia in that order.

I want to start a game with a team which I can use a youth policy with, basically once the youth candidates come through they will all be put into the first team and any non-regen players will be sold asap. I don't wanna be in any of the 'big' nations such as England, Spain, Italy etc instead i'd rather manage in a more obscure nation.

Nation: Any outside UK/Ireland

Division: Any

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Mid-Table and below

Board Expectation(s): See above

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: Looking for a team to begin with outside uk/ireland if possible a team that can build decent youth and isnt in a very low league.

Looking at a similar career as Villas-Boas so not to low if possible

Nation: Any outside UK/Ireland

Division: Any

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Mid-Table and below

Board Expectation(s): See above

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: Looking for a team to begin with outside uk/ireland if possible a team that can build decent youth and isnt in a very low league.

Looking at a similar career as Villas-Boas so not to low if possible

Genoa CFC :D

I would also recommend Barça 'B' but, unless the real Barça get relegated, you won't be able to get promoted into the Liga BBVA.

I would also throw Sampdoria into the mix; great club with great facilities but, last season they were relegated to Serie 'B'. They have a great squad, especially for a second division side and, somehow, have managed to keep hold of talisman Angelo Palombo :thup:

I want to start a game with a team which I can use a youth policy with, basically once the youth candidates come through they will all be put into the first team and any non-regen players will be sold asap. I don't wanna be in any of the 'big' nations such as England, Spain, Italy etc instead i'd rather manage in a more obscure nation.

Anyone.....?

Alright guys, need an idea for a good game in one of England, Italy or Spain! I find it really hard to get into games, so when I finally was well into a QPR game a few days back I ended up getting sacked for trying to apply for the Newcastle job :( So I'm looking for a new save again, to run with my PSG game.

I'm just looking for a new team to get into, thought about Tottenham, but they are pretty much complete team wise and I feel it would be a bit too easy for what I'm looking for. Looking for a team which is fairly complete, but could use some improvement, with alright finances, but not a top team! I'm not the loyal type so maybe a team I could make very good within 2-3 years then move on to a bigger team :p

Cheers guys!

Hey guys looking at an EPL team to go quite long term with. I've already started one with stoke but I'm not so sure about it. Main thing I'm looking for is the potential to grow but is already decent. I'm Happy to go into the championship too.

My shortlist so far is:

Newcastle

Stoke

Notts Forest

Southampton (Club I support)

Any other suggestions?

Considering new fresh start as Ive kind of gotten bored of my current Hoffenheim game after 5 seasons. Ideally I prefer a side not in Europe, but definitely not in the Champions League. I prefer either a sleeping giant or a side with potential to be a giant, on the verge.

Considering a side from the Russia, England, Spain, Italy or France.

Hey guys looking at an EPL team to go quite long term with. I've already started one with stoke but I'm not so sure about it. Main thing I'm looking for is the potential to grow but is already decent. I'm Happy to go into the championship too.

My shortlist so far is:

Newcastle

Stoke

Notts Forest

Southampton (Club I support)

Any other suggestions?

QPR, Everton?

Considering new fresh start as Ive kind of gotten bored of my current Hoffenheim game after 5 seasons. Ideally I prefer a side not in Europe, but definitely not in the Champions League. I prefer either a sleeping giant or a side with potential to be a giant, on the verge.

Russia - Spartak Moscow :D

Italy - Genoa, Napoli & Atalanta.

France - Allez Les Verts ! ( Saint-Etienne ), Sochaux, Montpellier

A.Madrid? Strange that very few people recommend them, they have been in the shadow of Real Madrid for so many years.

Getting a bit bored of mycurrent save, taken Brighton up but struggling at the moment so want to take a break and start a second game. Looking for a top team that hasnt wo the league in a few years that I can try and take to the top. Dont like being Arsenal, would consider other teams in top division of England and open to other challenges in Germany or Spain. Tried Hoffenheim and couldnt get into it.

Getting a bit bored of mycurrent save, taken Brighton up but struggling at the moment so want to take a break and start a second game. Looking for a top team that hasnt wo the league in a few years that I can try and take to the top. Dont like being Arsenal, would consider other teams in top division of England and open to other challenges in Germany or Spain. Tried Hoffenheim and couldnt get into it.

England: Blackburn, Newcastle or Sunderland

Italy: Genoa, Lazio or Juventus

Spain: Málaga, Valencia or Atlético Madrid

Germany: Borussia Mochengladbach, Hamburg or Köln

Most of those are past winners of their respective leagues, bar Newcastle, Sunderland and Málaga. Personally, taking Mochengladbach back to the top of German Football, just like in the 70's, would be highly rewarding :thup:

Looking for a team, anywhwre in europe, not england thou, a team mid table decent finances and with not much history, dont really want a sugar daddy or a team in the second division in europe with loads of potential to mould my mark into there history, also they must not be in european competitions

Fair enough Babak :D If you want to try out something completely different then Colo Colo could be another option? My thread linked with my 3-3-1-3 formations are in the official links thread, obviously i'm not active in it ATM as I fancied a European game to go alongside it and Genoa has been more enjoyable than I expected and i'm looking forward to seeing how the regens do now :cool:

EDIT: Matts why not have a look at a few of the German clubs? Koln or Hertha are pretty decent sized clubs without recent success.

Archived