FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for an interesting game in EPL. Finding it impossible to decide. I don't like being Arsenal, the team I support, open to any other suggestions though

Sunderland, Newcastle and Q.P.R would all be fun, long-term saves. All have good finances with decent infrastructure, QPR less so but, they have the finance and potential to improve in every aspect.

Swansea would also be another good shout. Good squad with plenty of room to improve :thup:

Nation: France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain

Division: top preferably, possibly 2nd tier

European Competition: not important

Media Prediction: not top 4

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: 1-9 mil

Wage Budget: any

Finances: good

Real Sociadad in Spain are an enjoyable save. media prediction is midtable i think but you can get above that with a few signings.

Some great players like Antoine Griezmann (one of the best youths imo) xabi prieto, claudio bravo and demidov at the back give you a good core on which to build.

A decent transfer budget of 7mil plus once you off load one or two dead wood players, low wage bill (sub 250k) and a great fanbase (you will sell out the 32000 seater most of the season) and one of the lowest levels of debt in the league of just 7mil.

Ok guys :

Please review this teams for me if possible :

Here are my options :

Udinese

Lazio

Genoa

1899 Hoff.

Lille

Auxerre

Rennes

PSV

Feynoord

Real Sociedad

Espanhol

Ossasuña

Please every pros and against to play with thisthis if possible, i think its a good list so no o other team is allowed to suggest, now i really need you to help me !!!

Please if possible

thiagocd, my Genoa thread linked on the last page has all the pros and cons you need to know about them. I'm actually thinking of giving it a restart as my Colo Colo save is a bit too easy domestically at the moment and I need something to run alongside it in a league that won't be as easy) The only real downside is you have loads of players on your books either co-owned or away at the start and it takes ages to sort through at the end of the 1st season, even then not all the co-ownerships go through and get delayed for another year which is frustrating as you have to go through it all again at the end of season 2 :rolleyes::D

Ok guys :

Here are my options :

Udinese

Lazio

Genoa

1899 Hoff.

Lille

Auxerre

Rennes

PSV

Feynoord

Real Sociedad

Espanhol

Ossasuña

Please every pros and against to play with thisthis if possible, i think its a good list so no o other team is allowed to suggest, now i really need you to help me !!!

Please if possible

I don't really think any of them are too interesting aside from the Dutch sides, but i wouldn't choose PSV - i'd go Feyenoord because of the challenge to get them to the top again, and see if you can win the CL with a top young team. They're going through a bad time in real life, and their fanbase is one of the most fanatical in Holland. I'd choose either them or Ajax.

Someone's gonna come in and say Hoffenheim are good, and it's an interesting game, in the most even and competitive of the "top" leagues, but it gets old pretty quickly with the money available to you i think.

I don't really have any interest in the other teams (mainly down to me finding the French league boring the Spanish league the same but for different reasons, and the fact that i prefer different clubs when i manage in Italy)

Ok guys :

Here are my options :

Udinese

Lazio

Genoa

1899 Hoff.

Lille

Auxerre

Rennes

PSV

Feynoord

Real Sociedad

Espanhol

Ossasuña

Please if possible

There is only 1 club and that is 1899 TSG Hoffenheim :cool:.

Nation:France, Italy, and Spain

Division:First Division

European Competition: doesnt matter

Media Prediction:top half

Board Expectation(s):any

Transfer Budget:$20 mil in that region.

Wage Budget:any

Finances:preferably sugar daddy anything is fine too

Other:im kinda leaning towards psg, malaga, or udinese. I cant decide.

I would go with Malaga.

I would also recommend Málaga :D If you do decide to manage in the south of Spain with Málaga, I highly recommend you download my 'Sugardaddy Fix' situated at the bottom of my OP.

Although, I've just made a save with PSG and, so far, it's been very enjoyable. Either save would be great long-term ones.

Im really struggling to get into a game this year, never had this much trouble before. Iv had season at West Ham and got promoted but got bored, season at Bayern and won everything but i just get bored. Im looking for an interesting game preferrably in England but i would consider Spain. Just need something to hold my interest.

Thanks

Villarreal, Valencia, A.Madrid or Sevilla?

Villarreal would be the hardest of the 3 considering they have a very small stadium so revenue will be limited.

Valencia should the easiest since they got quite a good squad but they got a debt of 200+ million

A.Madrid, can you make them consistent and win them the La Liga title since 1995?

Sevilla maybe rich but their squad will probably need some a revamp before they can challenge for the title.

Hey could anyone recommend a fun team to play with in an eastern europe league. I would like a team in the best division the the country and if the team has a chairman wich allow me alot of room to make mistakes so i do not get fired.

Me again. I really cannot get into a Paris Saint-Germain save; the save seems to be too easy for my liking. I like a good challenge. So, I'm back once again in search of pastures new. Here's the criteria if you want to recommend me a side;

1) A good starting squad; good spine to the team ('Keeper, Centre-Back, Central Midfielder and Striker)

2) A good brand of football.

3) The transfer budget must be good. I'm not asking for £40-50 million but, a budget of £8-£20 million would be brilliant.

4) They must have potential to grow from strength-to-strength.

Here are the teams I have been thinking of;

Newcastle United - Barclays Premier League

QPR - Barclays Premier League

Dortmund - Bundesliga

Genoa C.F.C - Serie 'A'

Sochaux Montbé - Ligue 1

Advice or suggestions would be welcomed :)

Dortmund wouldn't be the same challenge as the others, I've been considering a game with qpr myself as they have a lot of potential. Sochaux would be good and obviously you get magical Marvin Martin. I'd say either of those 2 I don't really like Italy personally.

Me again. I really cannot get into a Paris Saint-Germain save; the save seems to be too easy for my liking. I like a good challenge. So, I'm back once again in search of pastures new. Here's the criteria if you want to recommend me a side;

1) A good starting squad; good spine to the team ('Keeper, Centre-Back, Central Midfielder and Striker)

3) The transfer budget must be good. I'm not asking for £40-50 million but, a budget of £8-£20 million would be brilliant.

Dortmund - Bundesliga

Genoa C.F.C - Serie 'A'

Sochaux Montbé - Ligue 1

Did you try using the sunday league footballer reputation? You will find the players not responding to you that much till you win them over.

Dortmund - Bundesliga

Genoa C.F.C - Serie 'A'

Sochaux Montbé - Ligue 1

Spartak Moscow. Quite a challenge with all the restrictions which make it all the more fun.

As a Liverpool fan I am bound to say them, but I would also throw Arsenal into the mix as well. They both have squads which are on the mend if you would like to say. They're going through a transitional phase and both have the structure there to build. Arsenal's stadium helps bring in the money (not sure of the finances), and Liverpool have great financial backing.

Spurs would also be a good save.

Im looking to start a game in EPL. Dont want anything too easy, but not a promoted side either and i would like a few million too just to add my own stamp, coaching staff etc. Iv come down to a decision between 2-

Blackburn- Some good young players, and im sure i could do better than Kean.

Villa- Fallen away a bit since O'Neill left but still a massive club and some good players.

Seeking some advice herebetween the 2?

I am looking to start a new save in Italy I would like this

I was thinking of these teams

Fiorentina

Lazio

and any other team that would be fun and long term save...

Cheers

Im looking to start a game in EPL. Dont want anything too easy, but not a promoted side either and i would like a few million too just to add my own stamp, coaching staff etc. Iv come down to a decision between 2-

Blackburn- Some good young players, and im sure i could do better than Kean.

Villa- Fallen away a bit since O'Neill left but still a massive club and some good players.

Seeking some advice herebetween the 2?

Out of the two teams you mentioned, Villa!!!! A British base squad is always a bonus :cool:.

Fiorentina

Lazio

Cheers

Out of them two, Fiorentina, but I would look at Napoli & Genoa as well.

Fiorentina

Lazio

Cheers

Napoli, no doubt about it :thup:

Fiorentina

Lazio

Cheers

Udinese

Handanovic one of the best keepers in the league, Benatia and amazing CB, Asamoah a beast in CM and Toto Di Natale up top whos has been the leagues top scorer for 2 season running (irl) i belive.

decent money once you sell off some squad players and some awsome youth like torje and isla

I cant choose which team should i play with...

Hoffenheim or PSG :)

Any suggestions guys ? :D

Hoffenheim :cool:. Milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllles better :p.

In all honesty, it depends what your looking for. PSG you will have money thrown at you constantly, where as at Hoffenheim, even though you have a wealthy chairman, he wont be doing the same. He will give you a big transfer budget each season if you achieve.

Germany to me is a much better save. The league is competitive as up to 8 or 9 teams are within a chance of winning the title where as with PSG, it could become easy, very quick. I would go with Hoffe, but they're my second team ha.

Got a save as ipswich and got them promoted and now a bit bored, thinking of a new save. I want a team in either England or spain but not in EPL, A team with youth prospects and will be intresting, addictive and a challenge? But not so much of a challenge that its near impossible, spain or england are my prefered choices but am open to teams from other leagues!?

Hiya Im getting bored of my Liverpool and Stourbridge game Im looking to manage two teams one being a decent English Prem team similar to Sunderland, Newcastle etc and then a team with alot of debt like Portsmouth, Preston, Plymouth etc, so here is a list of potential teams and Id like your pros and cons of each team please.

Sunderland

Newcastle

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Everton

Portsmouth

Plymouth

Preston.

Got a save as ipswich and got them promoted and now a bit bored, thinking of a new save. I want a team in either England or spain but not in EPL, A team with youth prospects and will be intresting, addictive and a challenge? But not so much of a challenge that its near impossible, spain or england are my prefered choices but am open to teams from other leagues!?

im having a blast with real sociadad in spain. strongly suggest you check them out. some good youngsters and with a few addidtions you can go far. i just managed 3rd place in season 1 when i was predicted 16th

Need a long-term save. Preferably in England but considering all other nations as well. What I enjoy most is growing youth. So I'm looking for a team with great facilities. Squad and current youngsters can be crappy because I usually like to sell deadwood anyway and bring some of my favorite players to fit my tactics. So I also need good finances with large stadium. I dont want sugardaddy because I feel it takes financial-aspect out of the game.

Cheers, didn't even think of them! Might give them a try.

Are there any other ones?

AS Roma - Roma may not be as wealthy as the other options but, they still have a fair bit in the bank to improve and develop their squad.

That's probably the final one; I'm not too sure whether Roma are in the same bracket as the likes of PSG and Málaga but, from my knowledge, they have had a good increase in funds.

Archived