FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for a middle team in any league, except France, with a nice looking stadium IRL.

Stoke City (England), Hertha BSC (Germany), Bari (Italy), Hamburger SV (Germany), Stuttgart (Germany), Newcastle (England), Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany), Real Betis (Spain), Koln (Germany), Hannover 96 (Germany), Espanyol (Spain), Udinese (Italy)

Alright after my 4th season with Juventus & 1 season with Stade de Reims where I got sacked for not getting promoted, I'm thinking of a new save to last for some time.

Not looking at European teams unless they are the obscure ones with continental pedigree ( i.e sleeping giants, newly rich clubs etc etc ). So maybe Asia or Conmebol or Oceania too. Heck, even MLS too.

Nation: Any

Division: 1st or 2nd

European Competition: N.A

Media Prediction: Title-challengers

Board Expectation(s): Ambitious

Transfer Budget: 500k to 1 million

Wage Budget: Not sure

Finances: Okay to Secure

Other:

Alright after my 4th season with Juventus & 1 season with Stade de Reims where I got sacked for not getting promoted, I'm thinking of a new save to last for some time.

Not looking at European teams unless they are the obscure ones with continental pedigree ( i.e sleeping giants, newly rich clubs etc etc ). So maybe Asia or Conmebol or Oceania too. Heck, even MLS too.

Nation: Any

Division: 1st or 2nd

European Competition: N.A

Media Prediction: Title-challengers

Board Expectation(s): Ambitious

Transfer Budget: 500k to 1 million

Wage Budget: Not sure

Finances: Okay to Secure

Other:

FC Seoul or Jeonbuk Motors in Korean League? Or Guangzhou Evergrande(the Man City of China) in the Chinese League?

Sunderland or Villa?

Not a great fan of either as they both have quite a large amount of overpaid deadwood (Stephen Ireland springs to mind!). But i'd go with Villa as they're probably the lesser of two evils - and got a few good young british players like Albrighton, Bannan, Delfouneso etc.

Mid table championship team could be Ipswich? Get 4million to start with. Champions League side could be Olympiacos

Cheers mate, they both seem like they could be interesting saves!

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a team that suits a Wide 4231 formation. Preferably not Dortmund or any team in England. Ideally a team that can challenge for the domestic league title and it must be captivating! :D

Would you consider PSG? Or Juventus maybe

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a team that suits a Wide 4231 formation. Preferably not Dortmund or any team in England. Ideally a team that can challenge for the domestic league title and it must be captivating! :D

Bayern Munich would defo be my no.1 choice, if not Bayern, there PSG, Real Madrid and FC Porto

Nation:Any

Division:Any

European Competition:none

Media Prediction:betweeen 23 yo 5

Board Expectation(s):anything that can be a interesting game

Transfer Budget:any

Wage Budget:any

Finances:any

Other:I know i haven't got any luck on this game and i'm starting to lose interest because i'am going round in circles finding a club that i like as a challenge in the long run.

Think I am getting a bit bored of my Hoffe save turned Spurs career, type, thing!!!

I have had in my mind that I wanted to start saves with PSG, Malaga, Anji/Anzhi or Aberdeen (:lol:). Which one do you guys think I should go for? Or if you have any other suggestions please feel free. Looking for a fun long term save!!!

Edit: But not Nottingham Forest NF :D.

Think I am getting a bit bored of my Hoffe save turned Spurs career, type, thing!!!

I have had in my mind that I wanted to start saves with PSG, Malaga, Anji/Anzhi or Aberdeen (:lol:). Which one do you guys think I should go for? Or if you have any other suggestions please feel free. Looking for a fun long term save!!!

Sampdoria ;)

Granada! My most enjoyable FM save as of yet.

Success is very reachable too, we've had a few league victories and champions leagues won in the first 3 or 4 seasons in the thread!

Some decent players in their squad that helped propel me to a fourth place finish with only a couple of signings for the first team, decent finances if you keep the system of buying for a profit going.

Big names will come also; I have Bale, Hamsik, Nainggolan and Papadopolous at the beginning of season 4.

Think I am going to go for Aberdeen to be honest. Its a bit out of the ordinary and I will enjoy the challenge of splitting the big two whilst also trying to get the Dons back to their yester years.

Cheers for all the suggestions though lads :thup:.

Looking for -

Nation: Anywhere in Europe

Division: as low as possible

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: n/a

Board Expectation(s): doesnt matter

Transfer Budget: Large as possible

Wage Budget: Large as possible

Finances: Good/Rich

Other: Want a team i can gut and bring in my own team in as low as possible a league, preferably a team with +3000 rep (have done this with luton so far but bit bored of that save)

Nation: Somewhere in Europe or South America, can't honestly see myself managing outside either

Division: Either top or second-tier, but not lower leagues

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: Relegation/Mid Table

Board Expectation(s): Relegation/Mid Table

Transfer Budget: Doesn't need to be large

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Ok/Good

Other:

Basically, I'm looking for a fun game with a team that wouldn't necessarily be considered title favourites right away, but with the right signings and/or good management can then go on to compete for both the league and possibly the Champions League/Copa Libertatores (sp?). I find it hard to choose a team myself and then stick with it, and I haven't tried asking for help before, so hopefully this will come up with some good suggestions. I've tried managing Man Utd and Chelsea in the Premier League and got bored, and have got bored with managing England after losing in European Championships. I wouldn't mind an International either if there are good suggestions.

Nation: England, Italy, Spain

Division: Not top tier

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Enough to tinker with!

Wage Budget: See above, enough to sign some quality freebies

Finances: Secure

Other: A couple of good youngsters

Sampdoria Serie B good challenge to turn them into a italian giant :cool:

Deportivooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

west ham england sampdoria italy, depotivo spain ,monaco france

Nation: France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain

Division: top preferably, possibly 2nd tier

European Competition: not important

Media Prediction: not top 4

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: 1-9 mil

Wage Budget: any

Finances: good

France: St.Etienne

Italy: Palermo

Spain: Malaga

But to me there is only one choice, and that is in Germany (best league to manage in) and that team is....................................TSG 1899 Hoffenheim :cool:.

Hoffenheim, Genoa (though you do have a lot of work with the squad with the volume of players out on loan/co-owned) can give you up to £20M if you adjust the wage budget, Palermo, Udinese, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, Granada (not sure on money though) France and Germany on the whole is hard because most teams don't have a budget.

Really interested in Atletico, Maliga, 1899, Beyer Leverskun and Newcastle right now. Could I have some pros/cons on them?

Malaga have financial backing and a solid squad to start with and have tough competition to get into the top 4!!!

Leverkusen & Hoffenheim are in the German League, which overall is by far the most competitive league on the whole game. Anywhere up to 10 teams are within a chance of winning the league so its very, very competitive. In my eyes (not being bias :p), Hoffenheim is a better save. They are a club from a tiny village who have never, ever achieved anything and wernt in the Bundesliga until 3 seasons ago thanks to vast financial backing from Dietmar Hopp, their current chairman. Leverkusen have been there and done most things, where Hoffe have not. Solid starting squad which is predicted mid-table but can achieve Europe with the correct signings and good management. Really, really fun save :cool:.

Evening lads,

After loaing my laptop for a while, mainly for it to be repaired, I've had to forget about FM12 for a while. Today, I've got my laptop back and (Touch Wood | Fingers Crossed) it's now better than ever and will allow me to enjoy more FM through Christmas. While I've been away, I've been contemplating many different saves which I could start. Here are a few that I've shortlisted as potential saves;

Paris Saint-Germain - Brilliant youth system, great infrastructure and have obvious potential.

Juventus - Similar to PSG, they've seen better days but, are on the track to returning to former glories. My favourite team within Serie 'A'.

Dortmund - My favourite team bar Arsenal. Fantastic talents such as Mario Götze, Shinji Kagawa, Mats Hummels and Lucas Barrios grace the turf of the Signal Iduna Park. Not the best financial situation but, that can only enhance the challenge of BVB!

If you have any other recommendations, I will gladly listen to them. Athletic Bilbao, Genoa, Sochaux-Montbé & QPR have also interested me.

:D

Been interested in a save with PSG for obvious reasons, but the only challenge would be in Europe. Dortmund, meh!!! Not as good as Hoffenheim :p. Best league on FM though :cool:.

I would be tempted for Genoa or QPR. Genoa would be a great long term save in actually trying to make then better than the Milan clubs, Juve etc, and QPR would be a good save in terms of trying to break into the top 4.

Llew, I did make a Genoa thread ages ago http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283603-FM12-Genoa-C.F.C.-I-Rossoblu?highlight=genoa if you want to have a crack at it? I failed first time, but have been thinking about restarting and running alongside my Colo Colo now i've sussed out how to play 3 at the back which is the way I prefer to go with them tbh. The thread was probably started a bit too early by me because as we all know everyone tends to be their own team or a bigger team at the start. The FM 10 thread for them took off really well after a while so maybe if I restart alongside you to get more interested?

Have started a load of games since buying FM12 but just can't settle, so maybe you guys can help me pick a team...

Nation: Top European

Division: Top

European Competition: Champions League

Media Prediction: n/a due to next requirement

Board Expectation(s): "Qualify for Champions League" (but if a chairman of a particular club is known to be a little more patient, then "title challenge" might be ok)

Transfer Budget: Enough to be able to buy a (some) player(s) similar in quality to players already in the team

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Some money in the bank (so transfer budget can be spent)

Other: Does a big club with a patient chairman actually exist? I would really like to not be sacked by December :D

Llew- Same as SRL88 says, PSG would be a challenge in Europe and France is harder than some but not as good as Bundesliga. Sochaux have a good core of players, Marvin Martin is a great player to have aswell but they have no money at all so youd have to sell and they dont have a very big squad. Genoa have a decent budget and could be a good game. I would avoid QPR until the next patch is out as they always finish bottom despite their new players. I myself may go for PSG just because it was one of the first games I wanted to try when the game came out.

F_Serpico- Napoli have a great team and are in CL but media prediction only 8th so could be good for you. Also Leverkusen only predict Euro Cup. Villareal are another one in CL with lower expectations.

Have started a load of games since buying FM12 but just can't settle, so maybe you guys can help me pick a team...

Nation: Top European

Division: Top

European Competition: Champions League

Media Prediction: n/a due to next requirement

Board Expectation(s): "Qualify for Champions League" (but if a chairman of a particular club is known to be a little more patient, then "title challenge" might be ok)

Transfer Budget: Enough to be able to buy a (some) player(s) similar in quality to players already in the team

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Some money in the bank (so transfer budget can be spent)

Other: Does a big club with a patient chairman actually exist? I would really like to not be sacked by December :D

In all honesty, I would look at Malaga. They are not in the Champions League, but with their budget thanks to a new owner, there is tons of potential. They dont need to worry about games mid-week except for cup games, and have the likes of Toulalon in the squad. Brilliant long term save to try and topple the likes of Barca & Real whilst also having a sugar daddy owner. Very active thread to :thup:.

If they must be in Europe straight away, look at Napoli or Dortmund.

Cheers for all the feedback lads :thup: I'm tempted to go PSG at the moment; I know they're similar to Málaga but, the have many different traits which Málaga don't. It's such an active thread too. By the way SRL88, Dortmund are the only team in Germany :D

Llew, I did make a Genoa thread ages ago http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283603-FM12-Genoa-C.F.C.-I-Rossoblu?highlight=genoa if you want to have a crack at it? I failed first time, but have been thinking about restarting and running alongside my Colo Colo now i've sussed out how to play 3 at the back which is the way I prefer to go with them tbh. The thread was probably started a bit too early by me because as we all know everyone tends to be their own team or a bigger team at the start. The FM 10 thread for them took off really well after a while so maybe if I restart alongside you to get more interested?

I've been interested in the of recent weeks - like the way the go about things, their style of play and who they have got at their disposal. I will be making a save with them but, I may wait until 11.3 or, I id I do get a bit bored over Christmas, I'll PM you and we can start a save together? Of course, you can make a save now, you don't have to wait for me :D

I'm not in a great rush to start Llew :D Now Boardwalk Empire is finished (only just remembered about it) i'll be wasting a few nights watching it all in a few sittings so that'll take most of my spare time over the next week than FM:D Got Colo Colo to keep me going in FM terms if I fancy it, so it probably will be sometime after Boxing day before I start with Genoa myself.

Archived