FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for a good alternate save to run along with my Athletic save. I want to be a journeyman, but will start at a chosen club.

Here are the three teams I am thinking:

Melbourne Heart

Houston Dynamo

Union Berlin

I also was thinking of taking a second-tier European side outside of England or Spain, preferably with a crap stadium, and seeing if I can build them up. Also thought about taking a team from one of the lower-rated Euro leagues.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions???

Hello. I've decided I want to try a game as Dinamo Zagreb (after my epic Malaga save). They've got some fantastic young players and I like the idea of taking a smallish team like this to European domination.

Here's where I need your help. I've never managed in Croatia before so I was wondering what leagues you recommend that I load and if you've got any tips for managing in Croatia?

Nation:Any that are involved with UEFA League but please not England i have a bishop Stortford save already that im moving up the ladder with.

Division: Champions in England is fine

European Competition:UEFA and Other top leagues

Media Prediction: bottom

Board Expectation(s):top half or permotion

Transfer Budget:A big amount that i can bring in my own staff not all crappy ones to develop my own youngsters

Wage Budget:has to be a few hundred thousand to a mil or so

Finances: doesn't matter

Other: I want a long term save another one i should say i have 3 saves going atm with Man City bishop Stortford and my MLS team Sporting KC

Nation:Any that are involved with UEFA League but please not England i have a bishop Stortford save already that im moving up the ladder with.

Division: Champions in England is fine

European Competition:UEFA and Other top leagues

Media Prediction: bottom

Board Expectation(s):top half or permotion

Transfer Budget:A big amount that i can bring in my own staff not all crappy ones to develop my own youngsters

Wage Budget:has to be a few hundred thousand to a mil or so

Finances: doesn't matter

Other: I want a long term save another one i should say i have 3 saves going atm with Man City bishop Stortford and my MLS team Sporting KC

None of these are bottom teams, but otherwise are pretty close to your requirements. All are around mid-table

Spain: Athletic Bilbao, Villarreal

France: Sochaux (not quite sure about budgets, but this team can make for an excellent long-term save)

Italy: Lazio

I would go into the North to be honest. I think its a more competitive league out the two. Team wise Im not sure, but I had a really fun save with Harrogate on FM09 I think it was. They're expected mid-table and are a club who arent expected to do much. Worth a challenge in my eyes.

You also have ex conference sides Histon, Hyde, Solihull Motors, Nuneaton etc. Boston Utd are also there & they would be a great team to take back up the leagues having been in League Two as little as 4 years ago. They would be a really good save, as would Blyth Spartans. Choice is yours, but in numerical order I would go:

1. Boston Utd

2. Harrogate Town

3. Blyth Spartans

Hope this helped :thup:

Nation: England

Division: Championship

European Competition: Irrelavant

Media Prediction: Not fussed

Board Expectations: Not fussed

Transfer Budget: A fair bit, not a cash strapt club eg hull

Wage Budget: Again a fair bit, want to be able to bring a few players in

Finances: Healthy

Other: In my other save I am Plymouth, been a struggle so want a team with good players, aim to be in the premiership, pretty wealthy club with transfer/wage money.

Cheers

Nation: England

Division: Championship

European Competition: Irrelavant

Media Prediction: Not fussed

Board Expectations: Not fussed

Transfer Budget: A fair bit, not a cash strapt club eg hull

Wage Budget: Again a fair bit, want to be able to bring a few players in

Finances: Healthy

Other: In my other save I am Plymouth, been a struggle so want a team with good players, aim to be in the premiership, pretty wealthy club with transfer/wage money.

Cheers

Southampton, Leeds, Boro, Blackpool?

SRL, you forgot Leciester. They get £4.25m to start off with.

Blackpool get £4m.

Southampton £5m.

Leeds get not alot

Same for Boro(£750k iirc)

Brighton get £2m,

Leicester would be best :cringe:. Without wanting to shamefully promote my thread, look in here for a good but brief guide on all 24 Championship teams.

If you look in the official links sticky at the top of the page, there is an actual Championship thread. Read through that & it gives you the finances etc of each club :thup:

Leicester will be the richest though.

Yeh iv gone with Bayern, really enjoying it. Just want a game to get a few wins under my belt and challenge in Europe and get used to the game. Iv looked at Sevilla and Atletico and I fully intend on having a crack with someone more challenging but for now just wanna get into it. Also surprised there isn't a thread for Real, Bayern, Atletico or Sevilla atm. Thanks for all yóur help

Nation: low reputation nation

Division: any

European Competition: dont care

Media Prediction: dont care

Board Expectation(s): dont care

Transfer Budget: good considering the country

Wage Budget: same as above

Finances: stable at least

Other: i prefer a team with lots of money to spend or with a very solid team but from a low reputation country so that i can raise the countrys reputation with my club achievements and get good players there after some years

too high reputation nation

Picky sod :p ha.

You wont find much money at clubs when their nation is quite low ranked so you will struggle for 'rich' I think. Here is a list I would look at:

Cyprus - APOEL

Romania - Steaua

Hungary - Debrecen

Bulgaria - Litex

Serbia - Partizan, Red Star.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278467-FM12-Litex-Lovech-Thread

Thats the Litex thread there. Have a look through and see what it says. The fella's in there are generally helpful as well :thup:.

If you are interested, here is the very good Neuchatel thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283025-FM12-Neuchatel-Xamax-Thread-Chechen-Chainsaw-Massacre. The story on their owner is a fun one :p.

Not so much a what team should I be question in essence, but it could turn into one.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Ive just been offered the position of France manager to replace Arsene Wenger having exited the 2014 World Cup in the 2nd Round. Shall I take up this position when knowing that 2-3 days later I also applied for the Turker & Italy jobs which may also come back with an offer. I have just applied for the Spain, Australia, Uruguay, England, Russia & Belgium jobs to. Thoughts?

Not so much a what team should I be question in essence, but it could turn into one.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Ive just been offered the position of France manager to replace Arsene Wenger having exited the 2014 World Cup in the 2nd Round. Shall I take up this position when knowing that 2-3 days later I also applied for the Turker & Italy jobs which may also come back with an offer. I have just applied for the Spain, Australia, Uruguay, England, Russia & Belgium jobs to. Thoughts?

This has been narrowed down to Russia, Australia, Belgium & Uruguay. Which of the 4 should I go for?

Really struggling to make a final decision, looking at starting a ew game tonight within England restoring a famous club to former glories. Cannot decide between Nottingham Forest, Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Really struggling to make a final decision, looking at starting a ew game tonight within England restoring a famous club to former glories. Cannot decide between Nottingham Forest, Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Go with Sheffield Wednesday because they're one of the oldest clubs in the world, and the oldest in the Football League.

I'm all about arbitrarily choosing teams!

Then again, you could always go with Wimbledon- not restoring a formerly great club, but it could be kind of a phoenix scenario.

Club: Legia Warsaw

Division: T-Mobile Ekstraklasa (First Poland)

Transfer Budget: 100-120K Euro

Wage Budget: 93-98K/pw Euro

Finances: Ok

Board Expectation(s): Challange for Title

Key Players: Radovic, Kuciak, Ljuboja.

Pros: Very good youths: Rybus, Borysiuk, Wolski, Zyro, Kucharczyk, Szumski.

Cons: Low reputation both as a club and league, a lot of players won't go to you.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): Depends of your ambitions, league isn't that hard you'll be fighting for championship each season with Lech and Wisla, but if you want to do something in europe (which should be your main task) then I say 7.

Additional Information:

One of the less teams in Poland that is pumping their money into youth developing, we are waiting for some european league success, also no Polish team in CL group stage for 15 years. Not much money to start with but after some good results in europe, chairman

will give you some great amounts.

Hi,

Im not from england but im looking for a new team to start a long save.

Im looking for the best team from npower league 1 or even better npower league 2, which is very ambitioius, and which have a lot of money to get promotion (more money then the average team in that division). is there any team which should supply to me?

Hi,

Im not from england but im looking for a new team to start a long save.

Im looking for the best team from npower league 1 or even better npower league 2, which is very ambitioius, and which have a lot of money to get promotion (more money then the average team in that division). is there any team which should supply to me?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277040-FM12-League-2-Thread-Where-the-true-football-is-played - Thats a little bit of help with the League 2 teams mate :thup:. If it was me, I would go with AFC Wimbledon or Crawley money wise, but also look at Oxford Utd who have a very, very good stadium for the level of football they are playing at.

In league one I wouldnt look much further than Huddersfield. They are a very good side with some good players. A nice stadium & it seems a very interesting save.

Swindon Town :D. They get £250k starting transfer budget and about £3k to spend on wages. If you then move the transfer budget across you get £7k ish to spend. I then released, loaned and sold a load of players and managed to sign Francis Jeffers and James Beattie. I've also signed a few others and transfer my squad alot.

Archived