Nation: Europe (not UK)

Division: No preference

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Not top team want to build one

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: Enough to purchase players

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: Would like a team where I can build a squad with decent players from that country.

Montpellier and Sochaux both have young, strong French cores to their squad along with excellent youth facilities so they provide you with a great base to build from. Likewise Gladbach and 1860 Munich in Germany and Atalanta in Italy (my most fun save yet on FM12).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation:England

Division:Championship or League One

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: Top Half to Promotion

Board Expectation(s): Same as Above

Transfer Budget: < 1 million

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Secure/ Stable

Other: Good youth setup with some decent youth prospects to throw in the First XI immediately

A relatively short game till the new patch. Never manage below EPL before anyway. Thinking of Brighton/Crewe/Crystal Palace/ Sheffield Wednesday/Huddersfield

Brighton get about 3 million, its a great game because everything is in place to build a great team with the new stadium and really good chairman. I managed to get them up first season with only a couple of signings. Lewis Dunk and Jake Caskey is a great youngsters aswell. Palace and Crewe also have some great youngsters.

Brighton get about 3 million, its a great game because everything is in place to build a great team with the new stadium and really good chairman. I managed to get them up first season with only a couple of signings. Lewis Dunk and Jake Caskey is a great youngsters aswell. Palace and Crewe also have some great youngsters.

Yeah, was reading the Championship thread about Brighton. I think I will go a division lower tho with either Huddersfield or Wednesday.

Nation: Top European NOT ENGLAND

Division: Any

European Competition: Not to bothered

Media Prediction: Again not bothered

Board Expectation(s): Quite lenient

Transfer Budget: Not massive amounts but enough to bring in players

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Challenging

Other: I want to start a sort of Journeyman career but not start at the very very bottom i.e slums of Brazil. If someone could recommend a team that isnt completely obscue with a good base to build on. Can build season on season and eventually get to the top. Maybe a fallen giant, sort of like Leeds in the EPL, bored of england though

Nation: Top European NOT ENGLAND

Division: Any

European Competition: Not to bothered

Media Prediction: Again not bothered

Board Expectation(s): Quite lenient

Transfer Budget: Not massive amounts but enough to bring in players

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Challenging

Other: I want to start a sort of Journeyman career but not start at the very very bottom i.e slums of Brazil. If someone could recommend a team that isnt completely obscue with a good base to build on. Can build season on season and eventually get to the top. Maybe a fallen giant, sort of like Leeds in the EPL, bored of england though

French Ligue 2 & 2. Bundesliga.

France: Monaco, Nantes, Lens and especially Stade de Reims

Germany: SpVgg Greuther Furth, 1860 Munich, Dynamo Dresden

jimbobBRFC

You could attempt one of the teams that I'm thinking about managing. I'm thinking of doing like the Serbian, Polish, Czech, Slovenian leagues, or something like that and hopefully get a big offer should I do good :D

Wisla Krakow, Cracovia, Olimpija, Domzale, Partizan, Red Star Belgrade, Gornik Zabrze, Debrecen, Upjest, Sparta Prague, Jablonec, Teplice, Dinamo Zagreb, Hajduk Split..

You get the idea :) Always a good challenge.

Be a team in Germany. They have rules for the Cup competition, but not in the league.

Schalke, Hoffenheim, Dortmund, Leverkusen, HSV, Bayern, Wolfsburg, Bremen, Stuttgart, Gladbach.

I've rounded down my choices of starting a new save with down to a few teams but I'm stuck on choosing out of these couple of teams:

Gladbach, Bordeaux, Parma, Zaragoza, Ajax and CSKA Moscow.

Anyone have any experience with any of these teams? I'm mainly looking for a team where I can help build up into a dominate force in their respective country and Europe.

Out of those I would go with Gladbach. They have quite a young team, plus ter Stegen :cool:.

Germany is a very fun league to manage in as well. Any one from 8 or 9 teams is in with a shout of winning the league (not including Gladbach), so you could be in for a bit of competition which could make for a very fun long term save :thup:.

I've rounded down my choices of starting a new save with down to a few teams but I'm stuck on choosing out of these couple of teams:

Anyone have any experience with any of these teams? I'm mainly looking for a team where I can help build up into a dominate force in their respective country and Europe.

Gladbach - Had a save with these, didn't get very far but i'm not sure why because they have all the things I usually like. Great young core to the squad (Stegen - best young keeper in the game, Nordveit, Reus and a few more all exceptional), good history, strong training & youth facilities.

Bordeaux - Really don't appeal to me. Lots of very average players on above average wages. In my opinion will take a lot of work to compete at the top of that division.

Parma - Attractive squad (Galloppa, Giovinco, Crespo etc) and a club playing a bit below the level where it should be. Could be fun.

Zaragoza - Don't know much about. Spain is a fun league though.

Ajax - Too easy in that league.

CSKA Moscow - Great squad and finances. Full of goals, decent level of competition in the league and potential to compete in europe. Another good-sounding game.

For me, I'd be choosing between Gladbach, CSKA and Parma. Hope that helped a bit.

Nation: Europe (not UK)

Division: No preference

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Not top team want to build one

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: Enough to purchase players

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: Would like a team where I can build a squad with decent players from that country.

I have a great save with Udinese and Gladbach, and would highly recommend. Gladbach have no money for the 1st season though, in my experience. I won the Scudetto with Udi in my first season with the original squad(plus Jensenn and Kara in January), and got 3rd in my 1st season with Gladbach, again the original squad.

My current save is with Monaco. It's great fun, although financially challenging. Relying on loans and frees is good though, because it means you're not stuck with mediocre players on long contracts while you make your way up. Ligue 2, incidentally. A sleeping giant.

I'd go with Gladbach. The others don't appeal to me.

Looking for a team in Spain, France, Germany or holland to start with. Want a big team that've struggled recently and have a good core to build on. Considering atletico Madrid, psg, feyenoord but I am open to any suggestion. Cheers.

Looking for a team in Spain, France, Germany or holland to start with. Want a big team that've struggled recently and have a good core to build on. Considering atletico Madrid, psg, feyenoord but I am open to any suggestion. Cheers.

Atlético Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Feyenoord would be good options. All fallen giants somewhat, but are all on their way back to the top :thup:

Other teams could include: Borussia Mönchengladach, Juventus, AS Roma, AS Saint-Étienne and Fiorentina :)

I'm looking to start a new save down in Tier 9 or 10 in the English league, but debating whether or not to wait until the Feb patch is out. Even though the transfers won't affect me at all I can't help but feel the need to wait! What would you guys do?

Nation: Italy

Division: A or B

Media Prediction: Mid to Bottom

Board Expectation(s): Mid to Bottom

Transfer Budget: Not a lot

Wage Budget: Not a lot

Finances: Average to Bad

Other: Looking for a team to turn around in Italy. Want to play with 4-3-1-2 ! Ideally looking for a team that is a bit down at the moment but still has some history and potential.

Other: Looking for a team to turn around in Italy. Want to play with 4-3-1-2 ! Ideally looking for a team that is a bit down at the moment but still has some history and potential.

Sampdoria? But not too sure if they fit your formation.

Sampdoria? But not too sure if they fit your formation.

Cagliari fit that formation, as do Parma. I'd also recommend Atalanta as a save. With a -6 point deduction makes for a good challenge and they have a good squad to build on. If you're wanting to play 4312 though you might have to retrain Schelotto to right-back.

Fiorentina!! - mid table though

Nation: England

Division: Championship/League 1/League 2

Board Expectation: Mid table

Transfer Budget: Enough to work on :)

Wage Budget: Enough to work on! :)

Other: A team, not the biggest side and not predicted to be pushing for promotion. But with the potential to push for play offs with a couple of good additions!

Nation: England

Division: Championship/League 1/League 2

Board Expectation: Mid table

Transfer Budget: Enough to work on :)

Wage Budget: Enough to work on! :)

Other: A team, not the biggest side and not predicted to be pushing for promotion. But with the potential to push for play offs with a couple of good additions!

There's one that stands out for me: Brighton & Hove Albion. I've personally had no experience with them, but from first glance, they appear to be a very good option. With a new stadium, you should be able to receive a healthy gate receipt. The squad is good, with players like Will Buckley, Craig Mackail-Smith and Lewis Dunk all playing a big part in the future of Brighton :thup:

Brightons a great shout. I had a great game with them, went up first year without many changes and managed to stabilise in prem. players like dunk and Buckley were really good for me and were in my team for several years. Chairman is great aswell.

Heres a challenge for people on here, reccomend me a team thats never been reccomended on here before and give me some reasons to be them.

Pro Vercelli; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Pro_Vercelli_1892

Have not won the league in 90yrs odd, one of the oldest clubs in Italy and ripe for for a come back. Take them up from the Seconda Divisione to Serie A. Beautiful place too :)

Heres a challenge for people on here, reccomend me a team thats never been recommended on here before and give me some reasons to be them.

Deportivo Alavés in Spain's Segunda 'B2' division. They once reached the dizzy heights of the Liga BBVA, managing to do the double over Barça, before managing to achieve a runner-up position in the following season's UEFA Cup tournament, losing to Liverpool in the Final. Their rise to the Liga BBVA, before gradually stooping to lowly Segunda 'B2' standing;

alavsleaguehistroy.png

I have no personal experience with them at all, but I would think it would be fun to regain their La Liga status, and potentially better on their previous record, which was to come runner-up in the Europa League. Do it! :D

Nation:Any Nation In Europe

Division:Top Division

Media Prediction: Top Half

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in some good quality players

Finances: Fairly Wealthy

Nation:Any Nation In Europe

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in some good quality players

Finances: Fairly Wealthy

Hoffenheim, Gladbach, Malaga, Real Sociedad, St.Ettiene, Tolouse.

Nation: France, Germany, Spain

European Competition: Not too bothered

Transfer Budget: Don't want massive supplies, just enough to make some changes, around 10 mil

Wage Budget: Not over budget

Finances: Ok

Want a long term save in one of the top European leagues where I can eventually turn them into a major power Europe. I'd like a team with one or two quality players I can shape a team around, like I did with Napoli last year. They don't have to be a sleeping giant, but have good enough facilities for what I want to achieve.

...if they had a colourful kit that would be an added bonus.

Nation: small European (no need for it to be in the gmae, I'm comfortable with edt files)

Division: Premier

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: top half

Board Expectation(s): top half

Transfer Budget: none

Wage Budget: +/- 80% cap (80 percent of the total budget already used up)

Finances: doesn't matter

Other: no staff, or staff with non-contracts.

Nation: France, Germany, Spain

European Competition: Not too bothered

Transfer Budget: Don't want massive supplies, just enough to make some changes, around 10 mil

Wage Budget: Not over budget

Finances: Ok

Want a long term save in one of the top European leagues where I can eventually turn them into a major power Europe. I'd like a team with one or two quality players I can shape a team around, like I did with Napoli last year. They don't have to be a sleeping giant, but have good enough facilities for what I want to achieve.

...if they had a colourful kit that would be an added bonus.

Montpellier Hérault would be a great option, in my opinion. Doing magnificently well in reality, and one FM they look a good proposition. Olivier Giroud, Younè Belhanda and Mpou Yanga M'Biwa are all great players. Nice kit too! Another good option would possibly be Vitesse Arnheim: Nice kit and have great potential, especially with their newly-acquired Georgian investor.

Looking for a new game to take me through to the update do looking for a team in Europe that hasnt really done any business in jan. open to most leagues and don't mind about finances

Here's a good option, in my opinion, from some of Europe's biggest leagues;

England: Arsenal

Spain: Valencia

Germany: Borussia Möchengladbach (NB: They have lost Marco Reus and Roman Neustäder, but not until the Summer)

Italy: Juventus

France: Sochaux-Montbé

Hope those help somewhat :D

Ok I hope this is how it works :p Here goes.

Nation: any. Strongly prefer Europe, and possibly a nation with good reputation.

Division: top. Can be second, but would need very strong rep and great finances

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): also not important

Transfer Budget: at least 3 million pounds

Wage Budget: at least 20% left, without asking board for more

Finances: positive bank balance. Doesn't have to be rich at game start, but needs fluid finances

Other: must be a league with not too many games per season so I don't need to have a large squad to keep everyone fit. And MOST IMPORTANTLY: no stupid league match restrictions. Stuff like "only X foreign players" in Russia is out of the question. Work permit is fine, severly limiting my player choices isn't.

Archived