FM12: RasenBallsport Leipzig - Red Bull's German football project

TacticalGenius

rb-leipzig.jpg

RB Leipzig (RasenBallsport Leipzig) is a German football club based in Leipzig, formed in 2009. The club dominated the NOFV-Oberliga Süd in 2009-10 and were promoted as champions to the Regionalliga Nord for the 2010-2011 season, and ultimately missed out on promotion, so they continue in Regionalliga Nord for 2011-12.

The club was founded in June 2009 and forms the fourth football involvement of Red Bull, which already runs three football clubs: Red Bull Salzburg in Salzburg, Austria, the New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Brasil. The name differs from these other teams' names due to the statutes of the DFB (Deutscher Fußball Bund or German Football Association) which prescribe how a sponsor's name is used as part of a club's identity. Unlike its other sports teams, the Leipzig club cannot carry the Red Bull name or be fully owned by the company. The German football association requires a club to hold 51% of its shares, Red Bull will therefore only be able to acquire 49% of the club.

RB Leipzig aims to play first division Bundesliga football within the next eight to ten years. To reach this goal, it has bought the playing licence for the Oberliga, the German fifth league, from the club SSV Markranstädt. RB Leipzig play their home games in the Red Bull Arena, a 44,345 all-seater stadium.

It has been speculated that Red Bull will invest €100m in the club over the next ten years. Instrumental in the deal was Michael Kölmel, owner of the Zentralstadion in Leipzig. Dietrich Mateschitz, owner of Red Bull, openly speaks of the possibility of the club winning a German championship. The last time a team from Leipzig won the German championship was almost one hundred years ago, in 1913, when VfB Leipzig took out the title.

The new club retained the Oberliga team as well as all other football teams of the SSV Markranstädt.

FM2012:

Club info:

fm12rbl.png

Facilities:

fm12rbl2.png

You get roughly £4.5M a year for 10 years from Red Bull's sponsorship. First season transfer budget is £475k no matter whether you pick avoid relegation or winner, which, coupled to the team's decent reputation (relative to league) should attract good enough players to get successive promotions. The starting squad should be good enough even for instant promotion in season one. The wage budget is £105k (£88.7k used) regardless of whether you choose avoid relegation or winner. (This all assumes you start with the holiday method which promotes RBL into 3.Liga - I don't use added leagues so I don't know financial info for RBL in Regionalliga Nord.)

To play as RB Leipzig:

The holiday-retire-load method of promoting an unplayable team from the 4th tier:

1) Add yourself as an unemployed manager.

2) Go on holiday until 18th June 2012, SAVE, then go on holiday for one day.

3) Retire your manager.

4) Add a new manager (the one you'll use for the save) and look in the 3.Liga for RB Leipzig.

If RB Leipzig isn't there, reload the save on 18th June, holiday for one day and continue from step 3.

Kits download: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/skins-all-other-graphics/76408d1276815082-r4v3ncl4ws-gjtank21s-kit-request-thread-leipzig.rar (Kits from FM-Base. I take no credit whatsoever.)

Copy the Kits file to: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics/kits (make folders where needed)

Players and tactics:

I would suggest a 4-2-3-1 Deep, 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or even a 5-3-2 formation (in that order), as these are probably the best formations for the players available.

Players key:

*** = Keep at all costs

** = good rotation/backup

* = sell/release

GK's:

Pascal Borel ***

Benjamin Bellot **

Andreas Kerner **

FB:

Christian Muller (RB) ***

Shaban Ismaili (RB) **

Felix Neuer (RB) **

Florian Felke (LB) **

CB:

Tim Sebastian ***

Ingo Hertzsch **

Marcus Hoffmann **

Matthias Buszkowiak **

Daniel Rosin **

Fabian Franke **

Daniel Ackermann *

DM:

Timo Rost ***

Bastian Schultz ***

Pekka Lagerblom **

CM/AMC:

Thiago Rockembach (AMC) ***

Tom GeiBler (MC) **

Fabian SchoBler (AMC) **

Henrik Ernst (MC) **

Mario Scholze (MC) *

Tino Oechsner (MC) *

Wingers:

Alexander Laas (ML) ***

Umut Kocin (ML) ***

Maximilian Watzka (AMR) ***

Paul Schinke (AML) **

Steven Lerwenz (AMR) **

Daniel Heinze (AMR) **

Timo Rottger (AMR) **

Sebastian Heidinger (AMR) **

Richard van Den Bosch (AML) *

Toni Pfeffing (AMR) *

Sven Seitz (AML) *

ST:

Daniel Frahn ***

Stefan Kutschke ***

Carsten Kammlott ***

Mirko Jentzsch *

Robert Klaub *

Based on natural positions.

The playing squad is solid, with only minor alteration required in the first season or two. I'd recommend Lauri Dalla Valle (ST, free, 1st July 2012), Benjamin Schwarz (LB , transfer listed at 1860 Munchen - £110k) and Mahamadou Sissoko (CB, transfer listed at Udinese - £600k)

Good luck, and enjoy!

After taking RBL to multiple Bundesliga titles, two Europa league wins and a UCL win (as well as several semi's, and a runner up) and also winning all the domestic cups several times and CWC as well (!) on FM11, I thought it'd be fun to go again, this time on '12...

I'll try to update regularly. :)

I started a RB game in fm12 and it was fun! Only problem that annoyed me was the finacial one. I kept losing ridiculous amounts of money and couldn't sign players or offer guys contracts because of lack of wages. However, I am willing to give it another go at some stage. Some players that did well for me in my save, if you are interested:

Andre Hansen GK

Peter Luccin DM

Stefan Strandberg CB

All walked into the team and did very well :)

Feel sorry for my post mate. I don't wanna disrupt your efforts here by personal problems stuff. Never mind.

Keep it going!

I didn't see the post, but assuming it was best removed, thanks for doing so. :)

Nice OP :thup:.

Thanks! :)

You did the thread last year right?

I wanted to start as them on FM11, but never found the time.

I did, yes. Looks as though this year it has more interest in 12 hours than the old one got over the whole year! My FM11 RBL save was the best save I've ever had in a manager game. The only thing missing was a son :/

Nice one bud. Playing with them for the challenge in CSE. Won the CL and Bundesliga twice on FM11. Hoping for a repeat this season. Already into the Bundesliga after winning the 3rd Division then the 2nd in my first two seasons in charge.

Cheers. I thought about playing to the CSE challenge rules for my save, but I like a bigger database, so won't be doing it, at least not yet. The first two divisions are a walk in the park. It's that first Bundesliga season that can be problematic...

I started a RB game in fm12 and it was fun! Only problem that annoyed me was the finacial one. I kept losing ridiculous amounts of money and couldn't sign players or offer guys contracts because of lack of wages. However, I am willing to give it another go at some stage. Some players that did well for me in my save, if you are interested:

Andre Hansen GK

Peter Luccin DM

Stefan Strandberg CB

All walked into the team and did very well :)

The only time I had any real financial problem (on FM11) was in the first Bundesliga season, where a real look at the squad was needed for the first time. Until the prize money came in at the end of the year, it was a struggle to pay fees, so free transfers were the way to go, while trying to maximise income through sales of squad players to add to the wage budget.

Or the other option is to wait until RBL get promoted. Like they did in the 2nd season in my game. It's an interesting project and I will have to check it out at some stage. I'm quite familiar with a lot of the players as I usually manage in Germany. Looking forward to everyone's reports!

Or the other option is to wait until RBL get promoted. Like they did in the 2nd season in my game. It's an interesting project and I will have to check it out at some stage. I'm quite familiar with a lot of the players as I usually manage in Germany. Looking forward to everyone's reports!

Yeah, even though I holidayed, I didn't need to keep reloading - they came up at the first attempt.

And I'll hopefully get a midseason report up once we get there!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 3.Liga:

Played: 20, Won: 14, Drawn: 6, Lost 0. Goals For: 38, Goals Against: 6. Points: 48

I have a good selection of strikers, but none of them seem capable of scoring regularly. Tobias Schweinsteiger has been the best, but 1) he is injured, and 2) his record is only 9 goals in 17 apps. Nearly all the draws were 0-0 draws.

sounds good :)

what aboutthe finances? IIRC I haven't seen them having a sugar daddy of any kind in the editor?

No sugar daddy, and Red Bull only give £4.3m a season through sponsorship. As it stands on my save, in January 2013, we are £600k in debt and losing around £500k a month. Really need promotion to the Bundesliga ASAP!

Current 2.Liga starting 11 (4-2-3-1 deep):

GK: Timo Hildebrand ---------------(Sweeper Keeper, Defend)

DR: Andreas Hinkel -----------------(Full Back, Support)

DC: Mahamadou Sissoko --------(Central Defender, Defend)

DC: Tim Sebastian* -----------------(Central Defender, Defend)

DL: Benjamin Schwarz -------------(Full Back, Support)

DM: Bastian Schulz*-----------------(Deep Lying Playmaker, Support)

DM: Johannes Geis ------------------(Defensive Midfielder, Defend)

AMR: Lens Annab---------------------(Inside Forward, Attack)

AMC: Thiago Rockenbach* -------(Advanced Playmaker, Attack)

AML: Umut Kocin*--------------------(Inside Forward, Attack)

ST: Matias Defederico---------------(Advanced Forward, Attack)

* = Already at club.

If and when Tiago Alves agrees to sign When Tiago Alves arrives on 14th March, he will be a Complete Forward, with Defederico becoming an AM, either R/C/L, depending on who I drop.

3 points clear after 7 games in the league, all wins. And:

DFB Pokal 1st Round:

RB Leipzig 1 - 0 Augsburg

Kocin

Also picked up an Italian regen for just over £600k, potential to be a good Bundesliga striker:

bono.png

And a German AML non-regen on a free, potential to be better than Defederico and a good Bundesliga winger:

leon.png

Our relentless push towards the promised land has seen us go into debt (again) after signing another striker - 15 year old German - Frank Rzatkowski. Damian Martinez (Arsenal) is joining on a free at the end of his contract and Gabriel Paletta may be joining for a cut price £85k IF he doesn't go to one of the bigger clubs after him...

Edit: Paletta signs! (And becomes our highest earner in the process :/)

End of season 2013-14:

League:

Table:

tablerbl14.png

Europe:

N/A

Domestic Cups:

DFB-Pokal - 2nd Round defeat

Team stats:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/tsrbl14.png

Player stats:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/psrbl14.png

Season transfers:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/tranrbl14.png

And the sickest 14 y/o academy kid ever:

schwartz14.png

He is both the league and our youngest ever player. After 8 games and using my new schedules, he is already developing rapidly!

Bundesliga up next, and I've already got a few players on the way in, mainly youth. Serge Gnabry may be a starter, certainly a bench rotation, though Enzo Zidane may need a season or two in the reserves. We'll see.

are you using the corner cheat? because of sissoko being top scorer ;)

No cheats or exploits, just default corner and fk routines, crap strikers and goals coming from all positions. 10 isn't many for a defender on FM, especially one with Sissoko's heading and jumping.

Hi Tactical Genius!

What kind of training use it?

THX!

My own. Will post once I'm completely happy with it.

And so the 2014-15 season ends.

League:

Table:

1btab1415.png

Team Stats:

1vts1415.png

Player Stats:

1bps1415.png

Europe:

N/A

Domestic Cups:

DFB-Pokal - Second Round

Players:

My player of the season:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/bono1415.png

Most improved player of the season:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/mada1415.png

My Youngster of the season:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/schwartz1415.png

For next season, I hope to do well in the Europa League - at least qualify from the group, as well as try for another top 5 finish!

Logo2.png

RasenBallsport LeipzigThird Division - 2012/2013 Pre-Season Report

Expectations

Media Prediction: 7th

Board Expectation: Top half finish

Transfer Budget: £497K

Wage Budget: £17.18K

Targets

- Promotion

- Selling or release most of the deadwood

Transfer Market

Transfer History

DR: Sören Gonther We needed a new DR and he was the perfect free transfer. He's either footed and I think i can sell him for a big sum in the future.

AML: Marek Strestik 17 Dribbling and 18 pace for a Third Division team? Perfect

DL/DR: Nico Hamman Brought him in to cover the fullback areas. He seems like he could do a proper job.

DC: Nico Perrey Only 18 years old, will be decent cover.Really happy with the transfers. All for free which is always good. I got rid of most the deadwood so that frees up the wage budget a little. Will need too find a new striker in the January window. Other than that the team looks great and hope that I can push for promotion.

Logo2.png

Season 2012/2013 - Third Division

PROMOTION! A great first season! We started slow in the league with two draws in the first two games. After that we pretty much dominated the league until the end.We won many games with big margins which was enjoyable. Will have to sell or release most of the players to free up wages for better players to join.

Table - Graph - Club Information

The board agreed to upgrade my training facilities and it's planned on being done 16/10/2014. My job status is now untouchable which is pretty cool.

Players:

GK: Pascal Borel - Did OK until he got injured right before January. Was replaced by a superior GK named David Yelldell he did good with an avg. rating of 6.95 and 7 clean sheets.

DR: Pierre Womé - 34 years old and declining fast. Needs replacing for next season. Still did well with an avg. rating of 7.28.

DC: Sören Gonther Great defender and was one of my favorite player this season, always good to have an either footed player. Avg. rating of 7.33

DC: Tim Sebastian - One word: Amazing. 15 goals from this heading monster.

DL: Christian Muller - Made the Left-Back position his own this season. Avg. rating of 7.28.

MR: Kostadin Dyakov - Assist machine! 25 assists in 35 games.

MC: Bastian Schulz - Great player, very consistant. Avg. rating of 7.15

MC: Timo Rost - Did a good job, 10 assists.

ML: Marek Strestik - Great player, won the German Third Division Player of the Year. Going to be hard keeping him around while teams in the Bundesliga are sniffing around.

ST: Daniel Frahn - My target man, he got injured at the end of the season so his stats have almost all declined but he was good this season with 15 goals and 11 assists. A fine return.

ST: Carsten Kammlot - My favorite player. Third Division's top goalscorer with 27 goals in 35 games. Also assisted 11 goals so he's an all-around good player.

Youth Watch:

Sven Noguera - ST

Was in the youth team when I took over. He's HUUUUUUUUGEEE! Labelled the next Keibling. Decided to not give him any game time in the first team so he could mature a little bit more. Will give him a lot of games next season.

I don't expect us to do good in 2nd division unless I strengthen the squad a lot. Most of the players will get offloaded in the summer so that brings some cash in and hopefully we can buy some good, strong players.

On FM11, Kammlott was indispensible. On FM12, he was out the door once his contract was up. I've had a real issue with finding consistent strikers, for example, in 2.Liga, my CB was top scorer with 10... Now I'm spoiled for choice with talented kids and my Italian regen striker Bono seems to be better, breaking our top season scorer record with 16 last season.

Of the original squad, Tim Sebastian is a backup CB, Rockembach is in the reserves, Hertsch and Borel are youth and GK coach respectively.

@Spikester: I'm using a 4-2-3-1 Deep. Nothing special.

Logo2.png

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Season 2013/2014 - Second Division

We started pretty solid in the league but the form fell down. Highest position we got was 2nd for one game after that we pretty much rocked from 10th and 5th, eventually finishing 7th which was our media prediction. We could have had a real change of promotion if we didn't draw SO many of our games. The German Cup was pretty much over when it started but we won Neumunster 4-0 in the 1st round and lost 0-3 to Freiburg in the 2nd round.

Players:

GK: David Yelldell - Was bad, he's the main reason I'm conceding so much goals. Too bad I don't have any money to replace him.

DR: Christian Muller - He did alright nothing magnificent but he's getting older and needs to be replaced.

DC: Soren Gönther - Played well. Avarage rating above 7.

DC: Jagos Vukovic - Brought him in on free transfer in the Pre-Season. He's been a rock in the defense this season with an avg. rating of 7.12.

DL: Nico Hamman - He replaced our maine LB Pierré Womé in the latter stages of the season and he did better so he's here.

MR: Marco Padalino - Brought him in on free transfer from Sampdoria. 18 assists this season. Our very own speed demon.

MC: Bastian Schulz - Solid season from a solid player. Nice return of 10 goals and 7 assists.

MC: Timo Rost - At 35 years old he's declining but he was alright this season. Retiring after next season.

ML: Marek Strestik - The Czech winger was solid this season. Avg. rating of 7.06

ST: Wellington - Ahh this guy blows my mind. Signed him on free transfer in the Pre-Season. He scores some beautiful goals and was the Second Division top scorer with 27 goals.

ST: Carsten Kammlot - Didn't play much due to injuries but was the second best striker.

Youth Watch

Sven Noguera - Didn't play very well in the changes I gave him but I think he might become a good First Division forward in the future so I will keep playing him.

Promotion might well be on the cards if we strengthen some positions. Planning to get some youngsters on loan from the big clubs but the wage budget isn't exactly in a good stand so that might be hard. The finances are not good, sitting at -5 million pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Logo2.png

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Season 2014/2015 - Second Division

We started the season with a draw versus Aachen followed by a great 6-1 win over Unterhaching followed by a 3-0-2 until we went on a 19 game unbeaten run that contained an 8-1 win over Dredsen but it was ended on Stadion deer Freundschaft 0-2 vs Cottbus. After that we bounced back with a win over promotion contenders 1860 München 4-0. The last part of the season was a bit sketchy with a form of 4-2-1 winning Regensburg 3-0 in our last game of the season. The German Cup was lost in the 3rd round 0-2 versus Schalke.

Players:

GK:

Beto - Portuguese international, sits on the bench most of the time thought. Came in for free.

DR: Christian - Did alright in the in the fullback slot, still needs to be replaced but I lack the funds to find a decent replacement.

DC: Chris Tuttle - Cant understand why Southampton released him. He had a really solid season and is still developing, hopefully he'll be with us for the next couple of season and do good in the Bundeliga. He also won the Fans Player of the Year award.

DC: Jagos Vukovic - The Serbian beast is the heart of the defense and and had a good season.

DL: Salah Salama - Our record breaking transfer of £900K didn't have the greatest of all seasons but is still settling is, he is wanted by many clubs in Italy, England, and France.

MR: Marco Padalino - He did good notching up 14 assists and an Avg. Rating of 7.52, needs to be replaced as he is aging.

MC: Ryan Tunnicliffe - Released by Man. Utd and I picked him up. Hopefully I can sell him for a nice profit

MC: Bastian Schulz - Been with us since the Third Division and will probably be getting some games in the Bundeliga.

ML: Marek Strestik Shame we didn't come to an agreement in his contract negotiations. Leaving for Bolton on a free transfer :(

ST: Sven Noguera - The only good product from our Academy. Our main striker did well as supporting striker with 15 goals, most scored with headers :cool: Bayern have been sniffing around but he is happy with us.

ST: Wellington - Probably not good enough for the Bundesliga but he did alright scoring 17 goals.

Hopefully we will do alright in our first season in the Bundesliga. Aiming for a mid-table finish, I'm predicted to come 13th which is quite weird since most of the team predicted to come beneath us have much better squads.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it better to start a game as the OP stated which is the 2nd season or fiddle around with the editor to open up the regional leagues in order to play in the 1st season?

As there is no messing with the DB by starting in the 2nd season, there is a lot less chance of something going wrong. Thats the main reason.

Archived