FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Thanks guys. Tough call but think I'm going for Montpellier Herault SC. Great thread DirtyJoe expect to see me in there soon.

Boooooooooooooooooooo!!! I should have linked the Hoffe thread and I would have won ;).

Montpellier do seem like a good save and Joe has done a good thread there.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: NOT England, Scotland, Italy, Germany or France

Division:Top division

European Competition: Yes

Media Prediction:any

Board Expectation(s): Same as Above

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: a little money to spend to buy some decent prospects

Other: Good youth setup

Nation: Germany

Division: Top 2

European Competition: Not in Champions League

Media Prediction: Anything Below 4th

Board Expectation(s): Not too demanding

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a couple of players

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in some players without needing to sell straight away

Finances: No Sugar Daddy

Other: Not too big a first team squad

Nation:England

Division:Top

European Competition: Dont mind

Media Prediction: Outside top 6

Board Expectation(s): same

Transfer Budget:Not fussed really couple of million would be nice

Wage Budget: again dont mind

Finances: same

Other: Really struggling to find a new game. Ive been Athletic Bilbao and QPR for a few seasons which have been fun but im looking to start a game in England with someone a bit bigger than QPR with potential to challenge for Europe within a season or 2. Big clubs like Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle are the type ive been considering due to stadiums, infrastructure, players etc. Just need some advice to help me make my mind up really.

Thanks

Looking for a club in the lower leagues (nation doesn't matter) with a good footballing history or some interesting background. The lower the better. Would be nice to have one star player to build the team around as well.

Nation:Italy,Spain,Germany

Division: Top

Transfer Budget: 6m+

My best save has been with Napoli and im looking for a team with simular attacking qualitys.

A fun team to manage who have not won the league, or are expected to win it.

if you could help, i'd appreciate it!

Nation:Italy,Spain,Germany

Transfer Budget: 6m+

My best save has been with Napoli and im looking for a team with simular attacking qualitys.

A fun team to manage who have not won the league, or are expected to win it.

if you could help, i'd appreciate it!

Hoffenheim

Nation: Any but prefer Europe

Division: Top Flight

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: Don't Mind

Board Expectation(s): Don't Mind

Transfer Budget: Don't Mind

Wage Budget: Don't Mind

Finances: Middling, not loaded but not admin style either.

Other: I'm really struggling to get into a long term save this year and now the final patch is out its about time I did. Ideally I'd like a club in the top half of their division with a squad capable of maintaining that and one of the better youth systems in their league. Financially I'd like some money to spend but not a sugar daddy type club. Games I've enjoyed long term on previous FMs are quite varied but include Fiorentina, Sparta Prague, Rangers, Leeds, Swindon and Benfica. The one common thing with all of them was I had a starting squad mainly consisting of home nationality players and continued to bring more through along with signing the odd quality foreigner. On FM12 I've tried Man Utd, Lille, Spurs, Swansea, Newcastle, Wolves, Anzhi, Real and Malaga and I'd rather not play as any of them a second time. I prefer European leagues but open to suggestions as long as they're not in Russia or Brazil.

Thanks guys.

Athletic Bilbao is a really fun game but they do have the basque player restriction. Atletico Madrid also have some top players and good youth and the team thread is really good. Also West Ham, some good youth and reputation as academy of football, you've got the challenge of bringing them back up 1st time.

Nation: Any but prefer Europe

Division: Top Flight

Media Prediction: Don't Mind

Board Expectation(s): Don't Mind

Transfer Budget: Don't Mind

Wage Budget: Don't Mind

Finances: Middling, not loaded but not admin style either.

Other: I'm really struggling to get into a long term save this year and now the final patch is out its about time I did. Ideally I'd like a club in the top half of their division with a squad capable of maintaining that and one of the better youth systems in their league. Financially I'd like some money to spend but not a sugar daddy type club. Games I've enjoyed long term on previous FMs are quite varied but include Fiorentina, Sparta Prague, Rangers, Leeds, Swindon and Benfica. The one common thing with all of them was I had a starting squad mainly consisting of home nationality players and continued to bring more through along with signing the odd quality foreigner. On FM12 I've tried Man Utd, Lille, Spurs, Swansea, Newcastle, Wolves, Anzhi, Real and Malaga and I'd rather not play as any of them a second time. I prefer European leagues but open to suggestions as long as they're not in Russia or Brazil.

Thanks guys.

Dinamo Kiev, Boca Juniors, FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, RSC Anderlecht, Feyenoord and Southampton

Some fit what you want 100% such as Anderlecht and Feyenoord but all have great youth and training facilities and decent base of homegrown players.

Nation: preferably Central/Western Europe

Division: top

Finances: as bad as possible

Other: I fancy doing a save like I had with Everton back in the day when I had to sell any player who was not nailed to the floor to survive. Playing in a big league and surviving relegation after a firesale sounds fun. Therefore a patient board might be an added bonus.

I cannot get into a game at all atm, since the patch iv gone 3 seasons with QPR and 2 seasons with Bilbao but have lost interest and in the last week iv tried Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle, Villa, Blackpool, PSG. I prefer to stay in leagues that i actually watch so would be limited to the big leagues eg England, Spain, Germany, Italy. Anyone have any sugestions because im reall struggling to have a game that will hold my attention for more than a couple of hours.

Im thinking of starting a game in Spain with the goal of challenging RM and Barca. I dont want it to be to easy though, so im thinking about Betis, Espanoyl or Osasuna. Have anybody tried any of these teams and have any input about them?

I recommend FC Porto.

My longest (in FM2012) and probably one of my most exciting games (in my entire career of playing FM/CM). Enough budget to get 1-2 decent players and the squad is full of talent with small wages so there is a large room for improvement! It will be hard keeping the stars (Hulk, Pereira, Rodriguez, Otamendi) but add a few wonderkids to this list and you'll have a world class team in 2-3 years!

Nation: An EU nation, but not England, Spain or Italy.

Media Prediction: Top half/European qualification

Board Expectation(s): Same

Transfer Budget: Around £10mil maybe?

Wage Budget: A bit of leeway would be nice

Finances: Pretty well off, but not in a suger daddy kind of way

Other: I've been struggling to get into FM this year. I had a good game with York City and got into the Championship after three consecutive promotions, but I got bored of not having any money to spend to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion. I've tried Sunderland, but I can't seem to get any consistancy and its too frustrating. I've tried Arsenal, Chelsea and Inter and got bored really fast. Ideally, I'd like a club witha good set up already so I don't need to bother hiring a load of new staff at the start of the game and with a decent amount of money to be able to build a good squad to start challenging for European places.

I'm looking for a side project to run alongside Montpellier and River Plate where I can have a bit of a slog with to begin with but does have potential as i've realised I keep winning whatever division I am in easily in most circumstances and it's getting boring.

I do want a bit of money if possible as even though I do well all my teams are usually skint to begin with and would like a chance to spend a little.

Saves in my head are Udinese, Palermo, Fiorentina, Spartak Moscow (though the long season in the first year puts me off a bit) Dinamo Minsk, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, PSV (though could probably win the title at the first attempt with them). That doesn't mean it has to be a top flight club, i'm open to teams from any division. Thanks :)

I'm looking for a side project to run alongside Montpellier and River Plate where I can have a bit of a slog with to begin with but does have potential as i've realised I keep winning whatever division I am in easily in most circumstances and it's getting boring.

I do want a bit of money if possible as even though I do well all my teams are usually skint to begin with and would like a chance to spend a little.

Saves in my head are Udinese, Palermo, Fiorentina, Spartak Moscow (though the long season in the first year puts me off a bit) Dinamo Minsk, Valencia, Atletico Madrid, PSV (though could probably win the title at the first attempt with them). That doesn't mean it has to be a top flight club, i'm open to teams from any division. Thanks :)

Southampton, (Quite a easy first season but would be a good test in the Prem) Aberdeen FC(Break the Celtic and Rangers dominance) Málaga(Money and then some) TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, FC Groningen or Vitesse(Money)

Real test - Deportivo de La Coruña (A fading giant, recently relegated, pending economical collapse and demanding board)

Southampton, (Quite a easy first season but would be a good test in the Prem) Aberdeen FC(Break the Celtic and Rangers dominance) Málaga(Money and then some) TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, FC Groningen or Vitesse(Money)

Real test - Deportivo de La Coruña (A fading giant, recently relegated, pending economical collapse and demanding board)

Thought about those, even Queen's Park in Scotland because the facilities are class for that level. Might even go a bit lower and do FC United

Right guys, I think I have narrowed it down to a couple of teams and nations I'd be interested in, so please help thanks. I struggle to manage abroad for some reason or another, but I really would be open to it this time. The teams so far, that I've narrowed it down to are Fulham & Everton in the Prem. Scunthorpe maybe in League One just because of their kit and the epic save I had on FM10 with them. In Spain, France, Germany, Russia, Portugal, no teams interest me. In Scotland Hibs and Hamilton are jumping out at me, the first one moreso. In Holland alot of teams are jumping out at me, but not one of the big ones. In Italy A.C. Siena are interesting me as you have to wheel and deal which I love.

Nation: Any in Europe from the ones I've said I think I'd enjoy. I'm open to other obscure nations possibly.

Division: Not really fussed tbh.

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Not a big team or too much expectations.

Board Expectation(s): See above

Transfer Budget: A little bit. No more than a couple of million. I'd like a little bit for wages too.

Wage Budget: See above

Finances: Not fussed.

Other: I'm fussy, so any help would be apppreciated :thup:.

FC-Groningen Not played as them but do look an interesting team)

Vitesse (I think this is above your budget but in my Utrecht save they never even came close to competing for the league so would be an interesting save)

FC Utrecht My personal recommendation, there's money to be made from a few players to get you started but you also have 4-5 really good players for that division and a couple of kids with good potential too.

Right guys, I think I have narrowed it down to a couple of teams and nations I'd be interested in, so please help thanks. I struggle to manage abroad for some reason or another, but I really would be open to it this time. The teams so far, that I've narrowed it down to are Fulham & Everton in the Prem. Scunthorpe maybe in League One just because of their kit and the epic save I had on FM10 with them. In Spain, France, Germany, Russia, Portugal, no teams interest me. In Scotland Hibs and Hamilton are jumping out at me, the first one moreso. In Holland alot of teams are jumping out at me, but not one of the big ones. In Italy A.C. Siena are interesting me as you have to wheel and deal which I love.

Nation: Any in Europe from the ones I've said I think I'd enjoy. I'm open to other obscure nations possibly.

Division: Not really fussed tbh.

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Not a big team or too much expectations.

Board Expectation(s): See above

Transfer Budget: A little bit. No more than a couple of million. I'd like a little bit for wages too.

Wage Budget: See above

Finances: Not fussed.

Other: I'm fussy, so any help would be apppreciated :thup:.

Would stay in England(Everton and Fulham good calls) or pick one in Holland. A.C. Siena if you want to go to Italy.

Aston Villa, Bolton, Blackburn Rovers, Wigan, Wolves or` Peterborough.

sc Heerenveen(Home kit class), FC Utrecht, Vitesse, FC Groningen or ADO Den Haag(Just for the kit :))

I think I may start a save in Holland.

sc Heerenveen, FC Utrecht or Vitesse would be main choices but nothing between them so far.

Also considering similar teams elsewhere. So mid to bottom team with small budget but has something to work with. Anywhere but France, England, Spain and Brazil.

Nation: An EU nation, but not England, Spain or Italy.

Media Prediction: Top half/European qualification

Board Expectation(s): Same

Transfer Budget: Around £10mil maybe?

Wage Budget: A bit of leeway would be nice

Finances: Pretty well off, but not in a suger daddy kind of way

Other: I've been struggling to get into FM this year. I had a good game with York City and got into the Championship after three consecutive promotions, but I got bored of not having any money to spend to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion. I've tried Sunderland, but I can't seem to get any consistancy and its too frustrating. I've tried Arsenal, Chelsea and Inter and got bored really fast. Ideally, I'd like a club witha good set up already so I don't need to bother hiring a load of new staff at the start of the game and with a decent amount of money to be able to build a good squad to start challenging for European places.

Wolfsburg - $10M Transfers fund, decent squad, plenty of room to move.

Nation: Spain or Germany

Division: First

European Competition: Champions or Europe League

Media Prediction: Between 4th and 8th

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a couple of players, like 10 €

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in some players without needing to sell straight away

Finances: Not rich

Other:

- Not too big a first team squad

- I thinked in Athletic, but I don't like to have transfer restrictions

- Bayer Leverkusen is a team that i like, but i think that is to strong in FM, no?

Im looking for a team with good facilities and decent budget in Europe.

I already played with Barca, Udinese, Southampton, Montpellier and others i dont remember.

I really cant get into the game, because i always lose my motivation after half a season.

So im looking for fun and good save to have :)

Want a game with a side in the big Euro leagues (Eng, Ita, Spa, Ger, Fra, Hol, Por) with previous history of european qualification but struggled recently. A side with average/poor finances that will need a bit of selling before buying. Been thinking Villarreal but open to suggestions.

Looking for a championship game, not really sure who to go with. Have attempted a Pompey save, but its a bit too hard...

What I'm looking for is a team who has decent finances, and can comfortably make the playoffs/challenge for automatic. I'll be grateful for any ideas on what team to be and why :)

Looking for a championship game, not really sure who to go with. Have attempted a Pompey save, but its a bit too hard...

What I'm looking for is a team who has decent finances, and can comfortably make the playoffs/challenge for automatic. I'll be grateful for any ideas on what team to be and why :)

Have a read through this thread. It's a bit out of date but still could help. My choice would probably be Burnley just for the strikers they have.

Brighton are a very fun save and with a few astute signings can easily get promoted in the first season. A brand new stadium, a very good owner, a nice budget all make for a very good club. The downside (if you want a perfect club) is you will need to make an overhaul of the staff and build up the facilities but thats what will be your legacy!!

Have a read through this thread. It's a bit out of date but still could help. My choice would probably be Burnley just for the strikers they have.

I'm surprised you didn't recommend Nottingham Forest haha, cheers for the link though. I did think about Burnley after I read the new thread, and although it seems they have a few quality players, their lack of squad depth just doesn't cut it for me. In the 1st season, I don't really like the idea of bringing loads of players in, so I think I would struggle in that respect.

Brighton are a very fun save and with a few astute signings can easily get promoted in the first season. A brand new stadium, a very good owner, a nice budget all make for a very good club. The downside (if you want a perfect club) is you will need to make an overhaul of the staff and build up the facilities but thats what will be your legacy!!

Brighton sounds very tempting....The squad seems fairly depthy for the 1st season, but if I gain promotion, I'd still need to buy a fair few players, which I like, because I'm just a big transfer muppet! :p

Also, I've oddly always rated Sam Vokes for no apparent reason, so it could be the deciding factor. The only issue is I couldn't leave Vokes or mackail smith out of the starting 11, but this would mean going against my favoured 4-5-1 formation....decisions, decisions!

You could go with Forest. We have an ageing, experienced squad that can make the play-offs. Much like most of the 23 other teams. We don't have the finances to bring any players in though. Which could be good. The squad has depth, the only issue would probably be LB. But for the first season, you have Danny Higginbotham, Brendan Moloney, Kieron Freeman, Joel Lynch and Chris Cohen who can fill in there if need be.

Archived