FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Looking for a team in the eredivisie to start with that have good foundations. Dont want to be Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Twente or Vitesse. Looking for mid/ top half team that i can develop and eventually perhaps go on to one of the big teams. Considering AZ or Heerenveen but havent been in holland on fm this year, and when i have in the past ive always been PSV or Ajax so looking for some advise

i decided to go to Holland like, just haven't decided to go for a high standard save at Ajax or try a long term Feyenoord one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for a lower league team (League 1 or lower) English leagues only. Not huddersfield. Ideally not many wingers/attacking mids in the squad as wont be used in tactic. Good budget for the division if possible.

Edit - would consider a foreign team actually, not one of the top ones in europe, but must be in top division.

Nation: England

Division: Non-league, anything between BSP and level 8 as I am using a mod that adds teams down to level 8

European Competition: None of course

Media Prediction: Top 3

Board Expectation(s): Promotion

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Stable

Other: Looking for a fun team to play in non-league English football, the lower the league the better. Looking for one of those teams I can build a long term save with and bring them up through the ranks over a long time.

Nation: NOT England, Brazil, China, Spain, Germany, Italy or Belgium! (done it all before)

Division: Any

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): NOT win the title

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: High for the division

Finances: good

Other: I just want a new challenge, Something I've never done before, I'm bored of same old, same old!!

Nation: England

Division: Non-league, anything between BSP and level 8 as I am using a mod that adds teams down to level 8

European Competition: None of course

Media Prediction: Top 3

Board Expectation(s): Promotion

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Stable

Other: Looking for a fun team to play in non-league English football, the lower the league the better. Looking for one of those teams I can build a long term save with and bring them up through the ranks over a long time.

I am thinking Chester FC, they went out of business a few years back and they created a new team, 2010-11 was their first season and they won the league easily, they also went on to win the next league this year and are now in BSN, so you would start with them in the Northern Premier League, try to get them back into the football league :)

Nation: NOT England, Brazil, China, Spain, Germany, Italy or Belgium! (done it all before)

Other: I just want a new challenge, Something I've never done before, I'm bored of same old, same old!!

Try loading up the leagues from Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and then start off unemployed. Good challenge going from the bottom to the top.

I am thinking Chester FC, they went out of business a few years back and they created a new team, 2010-11 was their first season and they won the league easily, they also went on to win the next league this year and are now in BSN, so you would start with them in the Northern Premier League, try to get them back into the football league :)

Thanks! I will give them a try!

Desperately need a new team, had a long game with psg and now I'm having a complete block. Just looking for a team in a top division in Europe that are interesting and have potential for a long game.

Desperately need a new team, had a long game with psg and now I'm having a complete block. Just looking for a team in a top division in Europe that are interesting and have potential for a long game.

I am currently enjoying my newest Hamburg save.

You don't get huge budgets so you have to start with the initial squad more or less, however you will get a slight money boost half-way through the season. Champions League qualification should be achievable while Euro League qualification is expected by the board.

The squad is pretty strong in the centre while lacking a bit down the flanks. Considering youngster you'll have wonderkids Gökhan Töre and most importantly Son Heung-Min who will be your star striker for years to come.

You might want to check out my thread :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/285314-FM12-Hamburger-SV-Caught-in-mediocrity

Thanks for your suggestion but iv decided tat i want a team in England. Smaller team in Prem with good base to build on im just looking through the guides now and im edging towards swansea

Before you decide may i suggest Aston Villa as a potential long term save?

Looking for a lower league team (League 1 or lower) English leagues only. Not huddersfield. Ideally not many wingers/attacking mids in the squad as wont be used in tactic. Good budget for the division if possible.

Edit - would consider a foreign team actually, not one of the top ones in europe, but must be in top division.

Sheffield Wednesday is a good side.....I've had 1 season with them.promoted to champs and expected to go straight up again. have decent players to start but can bring in quite a few as well....

Try winning the Champions League with a Dutch/French team!

Nation: Any

Division:League 2 or higher (or equivalent if abroad)

European Competition: Any / none

Media Prediction: Top 6

Board Expectation(s): Mid table

Transfer Budget:Any

Wage Budget:Any as long as it's higher than the starting level

Finances: OK or better

Other: Don't want a club that starts with a points deduction.

Nation: England, France, Germany, Holland, Brazil.

Division: Top.

European Comp: Preferably, champs league or europa.

Media Predicition: Any

Board Expectations: Any

Transfer Budget: Pretty decent, £8mil or above

Wage Budget: Again, pretty decent, to make for improvements

Finances: Pretty wealthy

Other: Been unable to get into any game on this years fm, looking for a team with a good core of players, attack minded, but also room for improvement, maybe a team with a few superstars..

Does Monaco come close to my criteria?!

Wondering if you guys could help me find a team to manage, I can't seem to get into any save at the moment. Preferably a team in Germany, Spain or England. Doesn't have to be a top team just a team with 2-3 good players and is fun to manage.

Nation: England, France, Germany, Holland, Brazil.

Division: Top.

European Comp: Preferably, champs league or europa.

Media Predicition: Any

Board Expectations: Any

Transfer Budget: Pretty decent, £8mil or above

Wage Budget: Again, pretty decent, to make for improvements

Finances: Pretty wealthy

Other: Been unable to get into any game on this years fm, looking for a team with a good core of players, attack minded, but also room for improvement, maybe a team with a few superstars..

Does Monaco come close to my criteria?!

how about psg, good team with money.

Nation: Any

Division:League 2 or higher (or equivalent if abroad)

European Competition: Any / none

Media Prediction: Top 6

Board Expectation(s): Mid table

Transfer Budget:Any

Wage Budget:Any as long as it's higher than the starting level

Finances: OK or better

Other: Don't want a club that starts with a points deduction.

Sheff Weds

Wondering if you guys could help me find a team to manage, I can't seem to get into any save at the moment. Preferably a team in Germany, Spain or England. Doesn't have to be a top team just a team with 2-3 good players and is fun to manage.

HSV, Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Valencia, Spurs, West Ham

Hey guys, long team reader first time poster on this forum.

I need help on who to play my next game as, wanting a career save where I move around and win as many trophies as possible but need to know where to start?

I would like a team in one of Europes. 'average' leagues, one of the biggest in the league wih good finances and a good spine to the team.

Any ideas who to be?

I need help on who to play my next game as, wanting a career save where I move around and win as many trophies as possible but need to know where to start?

I would like a team in one of Europes. 'average' leagues, one of the biggest in the league wih good finances and a good spine to the team.

Any ideas who to be?

First off, welcome aboard, secondly, i would suggest starting off in Scandinavia (some very good and cheap players) and spending a couple of years there before moving on. I had a same adventure and started off managing Molde and had various jobs on the continent before getting my first 'big' job at Tottenham. Once i got that job i found myself getting bored so in hindsight i would have waited a further year or 2 before taking over a 'big' club.

Any ideas who to be?

You could start in Eastern Europe. Russia has Zenit and the Moscow clubs with good spines and finance or alternatively Ukraine where you have mega rich Shakhtar, Dynamo Kiev with a decent team or Dnipro and Metalist who have decent bases to start with.

Can someone give me a good save to go with? I haven't been able to get into any game this year!!

Psg was really fun for me, challenge to make them one of the European giants. Do you know what country/expectation you want?

Alright, so i've holidayed the save 2 years in, Who should i be? Good competetive teams with potential that you've seen grow in your saves, Names please people :) And good enough to attract a certain Carlos Fierro ;)

Any ideas who to be?

How about FC Twente in Holland?

I was maybe thinking of them, are they any good and also is there a team guide @Northernpilgirm

An alternative to Twente is Vitesse, I actually started as them for a test game, purely to try out tactics and some player without the hassle of work permits and I found playing as them so much fun that its now my main (and only) game, the expectations are reasonable and you get a very very good wage and transfer kitty plus you have some very very good players in the form of Bony Wilfried, Giorgi Chanturia and Mike Havenaar just to name a few...I would highly recommend them...

looking for two different teams, the first:

Nation: any in europe (not England)

Division: top

European Competition: champions league

Media Prediction: top 3

Board Expectation(s): champions league or better

Transfer Budget: not important

Wage Budget: not important

Finances: good or better

Other: was first thinking Barcelona but am open to other suggestions, I want to do a team who already have good enough players in team to achieve board expectations so I can mainly buy players for future!

now the second:

Nation: any in world (apart from England)

Division: top 2 divisions

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: bottom half of top division or promotion contenders in 2nd divsion

Board Expectation(s): same as above

Finances: okay or better

Other: I want to do a team in the bottom half of top division or promotion contenders in 2nd division so I can try to lead them to eventually become champions of their country!!

looking for save to play threw my weak holiday from work

Nation: any in world Argentina,brazil,belguim,england,italy.france.gernany,portugal,scotland,spain.

Division: top 2 divisionsm eng lg 2

Media Prediction: bottom half of top division or promotion contenders in 2nd divsion

Need a long term save on Football Manager 2011, and I kind of want it to be with a decent League 1 or Championship side.

I had a quality save with Nottingham Forest when FM 11 was the main game before FM 12 came out, but I don't really want to repeat a save I've already had.

Peterborough is a thought, as they have £1.5 million on the 11.3 patch, but are there any other teams that could lead to a long term save?

Nation: Somewhere in Europe

Division:Top flight

Media Prediction: Bottom half

Transfer Budget: Create enough revenue to keep the funds coming in

Wage Budget: enough to bring in my own players

Finances: As above, create enough to keep the transfer funds running constantly

Looking for a established lower half top fligt team that I can try and build must create enough funds that I can spend and build my own team.

Nation: Europe (not UK), as bad as possible.

Division: As low as possible.

European competition: None.

Media prediction: Doesn't matter.

Board expectation: Doesn't matter.

Transfer budget: Doesn't matter.

Wage budget: Doesn't matter.

Finances: Doesn't matter.

I want the lowest possible division of the worst possible European country that is in the original database, no editor files.

looking for two different teams, the first:

Nation: any in europe (not England)

Division: top

European Competition: champions league

Media Prediction: top 3

Board Expectation(s): champions league or better

Finances: good or better

Other: was first thinking Barcelona but am open to other suggestions, I want to do a team who already have good enough players in team to achieve board expectations so I can mainly buy players for future!

now the second:

Nation: any in world (apart from England)

Division: top 2 divisions

Other: I want to do a team in the bottom half of top division or promotion contenders in 2nd division so I can try to lead them to eventually become champions of their country!!

1. Schalke/Juve/Lyon/Marseille

2. Monaco/Furth/1860Munchen/Sampdoria

Im having a terrible block on who to be on FM.

Nation: England, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Germany

Division: Any in England, Top in others.

European competition: Doesn't matter.

Media prediction: I prefer a low prediction and expectation so something mid table. In Russia and Portugal however I would be looking at a top 5 team as i havent got great knowledge of these places.

Just looking for an interesting challenge within these countries, a team with a good base to start with as i don't like wholesale changes.

Hi guys, I'm looking to muck around with a save. What I'm really looking for is a team with an aging squad that needs rejuvenating but not on a huge budget or with too high expectations. (Kind of like a poorer Chelsea). Ideally I'd prefer to be outside of France and England. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Nation: England,

Division: Championsship

European competition: No.

Media prediction: I think I want a club that has been stuck in mid table for ages so I can take them and try and get them up.

Nation: England,

Division: Championsship

European competition: No.

Media prediction: I think I want a club that has been stuck in mid table for ages so I can take them and try and get them up.

Derby County

Archived