FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Not sure if this is the place, but couldn't find a 'should I take the job thread'.

I'm currently managing Chelmsford, just got promoted to League 1 after back to back promotions. Currently in just about to start the 2014/2015 season.

I've been offered the Saints job, they've just been relegated to the Championship, wage budget of £475k, currently spending £538k, but a transfer budget of £15.5 million.

Should I stay or go? My plan was to get Chelmsford into the Premiership and see what happens, I wasn't expecting to get offers from Premiership/Championship sides so soon (started off with Sunday league rep).

Compare the squads and decide which one is better option. when I was at Aberdeen I used to get many job offer from Championship and League one but I never got the courage to quit the squad that I built over years and leave for nothing. I eventually won UEFA cup with them and then Spurs came bagging ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need a fun game. Not bothered where, not bothered on finance, looking for a long term game that will interest me immediately. Had many false starts haven't been into a game for a few weeks now. Thanks.

Aberdeen / Sporting Lisbon

I need a fun game. Not bothered where, not bothered on finance, looking for a long term game that will interest me immediately. Had many false starts haven't been into a game for a few weeks now. Thanks.

I would go for Spurs for a good challenge. You have to overhaul the staff, have a lot of players away on loan and injured at the beginning of the season, need a new stadium, have some really promising youngsters, a nucleus of really good English players and a money in the bank to use on new signings. It's also like in IRL as they don't have a manager.

Nation: Europe or South America

Division: Any

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): Relegation battle

Transfer Budget: Not important (im a wheeler and dealer)

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in decent players

Finances: Not important

Other: I want a hard game, thats going to test me after 13 yrs of playing. i also want a team with a current facepack so i know who im playing

cheers guys

Nation: Europe or South America

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): Relegation battle

Transfer Budget: Not important (im a wheeler and dealer)

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in decent players

Other: I want a hard game, thats going to test me after 13 yrs of playing. i also want a team with a current facepack so i know who im playing

cheers guys

I would say Mansfield but they start in the Blue Square Premier but after the first season in that (Because in fairness you should win it) Then you'll have the problem of keeping them in the league and to push on higher. Plus they have a facepack as well.

Thanks CrD. But I'd much rarther prefer not England.

I've managed in England so many time for all clubs, kinda over it.

but rest of Europe im open to.

thanks

Can't think of the teams but I heard managing in Germany taking a small club up is good...

Guest avine

Germany taking a small club up sounds good for Europe, there is Santos also in a thread in tactics forum if it is South America

Nation: Europe (Not the big leagues)

European Competition: - Euro Cup/CL

Media Prediction: - 1st-3rd

Board Expectation(s): European Football

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: As above

Other: I want to be a big fish in a small pond and build up to be a European powerhouse and to help the selected nation.

Its not often I post but i'm in dire need of a new fun game! I think that I want a team that is in the top 5 of that country but needs a bit of work to land the title and a good Europe run. Therefore it must be in Europe and preferably not in the big leagues.

Also (i'm making you work for this!) it would be great if the team needed reshaping so either old players and need to bring in young ones or something along those lines - a team that I can create a legacy with which may need a little bit of money. Something like an Anzi save but not so extreme... Ideas please guys.

Its not often I post but i'm in dire need of a new fun game! I think that I want a team that is in the top 5 of that country but needs a bit of work to land the title and a good Europe run. Therefore it must be in Europe and preferably not in the big leagues.

Also (i'm making you work for this!) it would be great if the team needed reshaping so either old players and need to bring in young ones or something along those lines - a team that I can create a legacy with which may need a little bit of money. Something like an Anzi save but not so extreme... Ideas please guys.

In a way, Arsenal would fit in with what you seem to be looking for.

Top 5 in League? Yes

Needs work to land title? Yes

Squad reshaping needed? Not entirely but a hefty transfer budget at the start certainly helps to allow movement in the transfer market.

The only thing really missing is the fact they play in a big league.

Chelsea would be another good option due to the amount of first teamers that need to be replaced in the short term.

Arsenal is a decent shout, i'm not too sure why i'm against a big league, maybe so the save has a longevity or an aim to be offered a job at a big club as a sense of achievement. What's troubling me with them is the fact that yes I would have to make two possibly three or four major signings, but it is just really going to be a plug and play.

I've decided to go for Arsenal. The aim of the game will be to improve Wenger's tactics to actually win games ( :) ) whilst making good use of the fantastic facilities to bring through youths, or poaching, who are preferably English.

I was not expecting a £43m war-chest for simply Euro Cup football! If I can't achieve that i'm never playing this game again! The money has come in handy for plugging a couple of gaps. In comes Chiellini and Bender. Still £14m remaining if a good keeper comes onto the market, can't see it though. Handanovic was too much and Mandanda wanted vulgar wages so Chesney gets the nod.

I've decided to go for Arsenal. The aim of the game will be to improve Wenger's tactics to actually win games ( :) ) whilst making good use of the fantastic facilities to bring through youths, or poaching, who are preferably English.

I was not expecting a £43m war-chest for simply Euro Cup football! If I can't achieve that i'm never playing this game again! The money has come in handy for plugging a couple of gaps. In comes Chiellini and Bender. Still £14m remaining if a good keeper comes onto the market, can't see it though. Handanovic was too much and Mandanda wanted vulgar wages so Chesney gets the nod.

You will never need to buy a first choice keeper IMO as Chezza is an absolute beast. I would recommend getting in a strong RB as Sagna has no real cover at all.

The great and good. Anyone suggest a Conference South team, who have a solid set up, but are not expected to win promotion so I have time to build for the future. Would like to start a nice career save.

Thanks in advance.

The great and good. Anyone suggest a Conference South team, who have a solid set up, but are not expected to win promotion so I have time to build for the future. Would like to start a nice career save.

Thanks in advance.

I did this recently and started as Boreham Wood as they are a feeder team for Arsenal. However i wouldnt say it matters what team you are, so many good frees for that level i reshaped the whole team and got promoted via playoffs first season and am sitting pretty in bsp.

I haven't been able to pick a team in a long while, hope you guys can help :)

Nation: Europe

European Competition: - Not required, but can't complaint if it's already in the Europa League

Media Prediction: - Mid table

Board Expectation(s): european qualification

Transfer Budget: Not huge, but enough to invest in 2-3 young players

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Stable

What i'm looking for is a club that would provide some challenge and allow me to manage one of the big teams in europe after some successful seasons

Hi, here is my problem. I can't get into any save this year. so i think that maybe I need some target. I'm looking for a club with players able to keep the ball. i would love good youth system and young team. preferably not a club in a debt. also i don't want to play lower then second division and outside Europe. at least someone have some pretty convincing arguments :)

so here is my points:

- good youth system

- young team

- players must be able to play a possession game or at least I need some money to bring in one or two good passers in the worst positions

- not in a debt

- 2nd division and higher

- I prefer Europe

edit: I'm so stupid.. Swansea is an obvious choice right?

Hi, here is my problem. I can't get into any save this year. so i think that maybe I need some target. I'm looking for a club with players able to keep the ball. i would love good youth system and young team. preferably not a club in a debt. also i don't want to play lower then second division and outside Europe. at least someone have some pretty convincing arguments :)

so here is my points:

- good youth system

- young team

- players must be able to play a possession game or at least I need some money to bring in one or two good passers in the worst positions

- not in a debt

- 2nd division and higher

- I prefer Europe

edit: I'm so stupid.. Swansea is an obvious choice right?

I am not so sure about Swansea having a good youth system but they fit all the other categories. Ajax are a decent shout as well but there are many teams that fit that category. Barcelona, Arsenal, United, Bayern etc

Nation: Europe

Division: First

European Competition: - No preference really

Media Prediction: - Mid-table or Top

Board Expectation(s): A team with low expectations ideally

Transfer Budget: Decent

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Stable

Most of all I am looking for a team with potential that have exciting youth prospects and provide a captivating save :)

Nation: anywhere in world except Europe

Division: top

European Competition: preferably no but don't mind

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s): european qualification or lower (ideally not win the title)

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any (although I don't want to do a team who need the budget lowered)

Finances: above the red

Other: I want to do a team in a country I have never managed in before who haven't won their league for a while, I want to get them back to the top and try to win their continents competition

Nation: England

Division: League 1

Media Prediction: - Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table and lower

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not Important

Other: Pretty decent youth facilities and prospects.

Nation: Preferably Excluding England, France, Germany, Spain, Holland or Italy

Division: any

Transfer Budget: Secure(not mega rich and not poor

Other: Prefarbly a club i can build a legacy with, a club that has not won a whole lot, and not won the top division, a club with a Reserves Team(some countries just go senior then u-19s etc). If it is to be in one of the countries i dont want, follow the criteria above

Nation: Preferably Excluding England, France, Germany, Spain, Holland or Italy

Division: any

Transfer Budget: Secure(not mega rich and not poor

Other: Prefarbly a club i can build a legacy with, a club that has not won a whole lot, and not won the top division, a club with a Reserves Team(some countries just go senior then u-19s etc). If it is to be in one of the countries i dont want, follow the criteria above

Could give CSKA Moscow a go. Good squad. Could turn them into Champions League contenders?

Nation: Any (not England

Division: second division in there nation (e.g championship)

Media Prediction: - Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Either a wealthy owner/ ambitious board or a team with ability to make money

Other: I had thought of Monaco but wanted some other suggestions too!.

Im looking for an interesting game in Europe (not England), a team with potential to build into a force. Someone top 6 in Spain or Germany, or a top side from Holland, Portugal or somewhere else like Belgium, Russia or Ukraine. Just need inspiration really!

Malaga have loads of money and are probably aiming to challenge Barca and Madrid, Hoffenheim in Germany have good younsters, Sporting Lisbon have a VERY good youth squad in Portugal, hope this helps :)

Looking for a team were finances are tight but still have some money to spend, don't mind which country as long as you don't need work permits, and preferably the team have 1 or2 star players who can be sold?

Anyone ever played a save in Norway? I would like to hear some opinions on the clubs there. At the first glance, I liked Odd Grenland, decent finances and media prediction 13th, perfect to build for the future and possibly do something in Europe...

Nation: Any top EU nation

Division: Lower league

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: Any amount will do

Wage Budget: Not over budget

Finances: Ok

Am looking to gradually build a youth recruitment and youth development program in a densely populated area not currently served by such a program, hoping to eventually make our youth system the envy of the rest of the country.

Looking for a team that is not in South America or these 6 leagues : Portugal, Russia,Spain , Italy,England or Germany . This team must have a chance to be in the CL or Europa League and must have some sort of money to spend . Thinking about Shakhtar but I am not aware of how many wingers they have . I want to play extremely narrow with whatever club team by the way. Thank you very much .

In that case I was wrong, it isn't League 1 but Championship.

Nation: England

Division: Championship

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: Promotion (top team)

Board Expectation(s): Promotion

Transfer Budget: That can bring some good player

Wage Budget: That can bring some good player

Finances: okay or better

Archived