FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Looking for a team that is not in South America or these 6 leagues : Portugal, Russia,Spain , Italy,England or Germany . This team must have a chance to be in the CL or Europa League and must have some sort of money to spend . Thinking about Shakhtar but I am not aware of how many wingers they have . I want to play extremely narrow with whatever club team by the way. Thank you very much .

Olympique Marseille

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: Europe (Not the big leagues)

Division: Any

European Competition: - Euro Cup/CL

Media Prediction: - 1st-3rd

Board Expectation(s): European Football

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: Not important

Other: I want to be a big fish in a small pond and build up to be a European powerhouse and to help the selected nation.

Have you identified a club which can do this? I tried with Scottish Premier League, but very hard to attract quality players there.

Nation: Europe (Spain, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland)

European Competition: - none

Media Prediction: - promotion if lower league, medium if highest league

Board Expectation(s): promotion if lower league, medium if highest league

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: No debt

Other: I want to be a big team in a few years.

Nation: Europe (Spain, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland)

European Competition: - none

Media Prediction: - promotion if lower league, medium if highest league

Board Expectation(s): promotion if lower league, medium if highest league

Other: I want to be a big team in a few years.

Club Brugge

*There is a small debt but it is manageable, The board paid it off quite early in the save.

Nation: Spain, England or Italy

Division: Top division

European Competition: - Yes

Media Prediction: Not important

Board Expectation(s): Euro qualification

Nation: Any European

Division: First Division of Lesser Reputation League (Eg. Scotland, Belgium) Second Division Of High Reputation League (Eg. Italy, Spain, England, France)

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Definitely not in the top

Board Expectation(s): Mid Table

Finances: Ok

Others: I wish to take a simple humble low value club and help them become a reputed club by winning CL. They should have some talented players who i can retain instead of changing the squad entirely. Some candidates i thought of are Vittesse, Hibernian. Do give feedback

I would think Vittesse would be a little easier than most because they are quite wealthy now.

I would have a look at clubs such as Furth (Germany), Kirklarelispor (Turkey - very enjoyable in my career), Xamax (Switzerland). Clubs like that.

Hey guys, looking for something fun and long term. I like the motivation of promotion so thinking lower leagues. Don't really prefer anywhere, but have had fun in England and Germany before (have the German lower league DB). But the club can't be broke (ie, Plymouth). The clubs needs to have some sort of money for me to play around with, but obviously not too much. The aim would be to build my own squad and push up the pyramid. Even if the club is in a top division give me a really good reason why I should take over at that club.

Only divission 1(unless using an updated DB), but Furth are a great save in Germany, same with 1860 Munich. In Italy, Pro Vercelli are also tremendous fun. Spain, try Celta Vigo. France, Reims or Paris FC.

Not any real reasons other than just being solid teams to progress with. Furth in particular. Pro Vercelli are an historic team in a way, having won the scudetto aeons ago and are fun to re-build.

Nation: Any from England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France Scotland. pref Italy

Division: top two divisions.

European Competition: Europa league or champions league

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): mid table team or top four

Transfer Budget: Any amount will do

Wage Budget: Not over budget

I am wanting a try a new save.

I would like to manage a team that used to be a real power, but are now struggling.

I dont want to manage in the top league and would prefer a save away from England, although after reading through this page I do quite fancy doing a Crewe save lol.

Thanks in advance.

I am wanting a try a new save.

I would like to manage a team that used to be a real power, but are now struggling.

I dont want to manage in the top league and would prefer a save away from England, although after reading through this page I do quite fancy doing a Crewe save lol.

Thanks in advance.

How about Monaco or Deportivo?? Both struggling with finances and have been relegated from the top flight.

Well I do appologise. Just dont suggest Forest ok.

We fit the bill though. We used to be a power of some sort and we're now struggling. Well on the latest patch for FM we are. We have £60m worth of debt repayable on the departure of the chairman. 9 times out of 10 the chairman does leave fairly quickly. So if you don't get taken over by someone rich. You'll be fecked. We're in England though.

Yeah sampdoria or Torino are good options in Italy. Celts Vigo in Spain were champions league less than 10 years ago so may be good option in Spain for you. In Germany there are relatively big sides like 1860 Munich and Frankfurt in 2nd div.

I can't decide who to manage out of Valencia or At.Madrid. Valencia now have Gago! I quite like the idea of financial restriction at Valencia. Are the finances ok at At.Madrid?

Finances at Atletico are pretty solid and pretty much 90% of the time they get a tycoon takeover on the game as well.

I played two seasons there, all be it in about 2030, but they were two very fun years on the game.

I think like the majority of la liga they owe the Spanish taxman a ridiculous amount but as it hasn't all gone too public the game doesn't really reflect it. I was reading an article last week about it all so wouldn't be surprised if its featured in next years game as they seem to be starting to take action

Nation: Anywhere

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: 15th and below

Board Expectation(s): Mid table or avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: Any will do

Wage Budget: Anything that's not over budget

Other: Would like a challenge to last me up until FM13, usually only play as Chelsea as I support them but it becomes too easy.

Hi, i'm looking for a quick but experimental save in a top division with the expectation of European qualification or similar in either England, Germany, France, Italy or Spain with work to do with the squad and the resources for it.

TF: In previous versions of fm i've had really enjoyable saves with low Italian sides, my latest being Mantova, which i'm still currently enjoying on fm12. Have a look in the

Italian Serie C2 and load a decent database up and you will have a save you really enjoy, which should take you much closer to fm13

Hi, i'm looking for a quick but experimental save in a top division with the expectation of European qualification or similar in either England, Germany, France, Italy or Spain with work to do with the squad and the resources for it.

Liverpool, Lyon, Inter Milan

Nation: Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, Spain or Sweden (but I've been playing a lot in Scandinavia and England so it will have to be something very special if some of those four countries).

Division: Second tier - Fourth tier.

European Competition: None.

Media Prediction: Second tier - bottom half | Third tier - all teams | Fourth tier - top half.

Board Expectation(s): As the media prediction.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: Not owerdrawn from start and I'd been happy if there is something to work with.

Finances: Black, not red.

Other: Average attendance 1000+, Stadium 5000+, Debt free.

I'm playing with the latest patch but whitout any editor file.

Looking an interesting save to get my interest back in the game after my career save became corrupt.

I'm thinking either Spurs or Liverpool and rebuilding them as both require a few key transfers in order to compete at the top of England and Europe. An alternative is managing Shaktar which would be new managing in Ukraine or Juventus to try and continue on their good work IRL and hold of the challenge of the Milan clubs. I'd also be interested in managing and rebuilding AC considering they've sold most of their big stars. As you may notice, I would like a top division club, not overly fussed about the league.

Any ideas people?

Looking an interesting save to get my interest back in the game after my career save became corrupt.

I'm thinking either Spurs or Liverpool and rebuilding them as both require a few key transfers in order to compete at the top of England and Europe. An alternative is managing Shaktar which would be new managing in Ukraine or Juventus to try and continue on their good work IRL and hold of the challenge of the Milan clubs. I'd also be interested in managing and rebuilding AC considering they've sold most of their big stars. As you may notice, I would like a top division club, not overly fussed about the league.

Any ideas people?

I don't know if Liverpool isn't to easy, I tried with them but they already have a very good team. Try Spurs or Swans.

Swans have a nice first team.

Nation: Anywhere really, but preferably in Europe

Division: Highest

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: 1st to 10th (upper half)

Board Expectation(s): same as above

Transfer Budget: £10 million or more

Wage Budget: just as long as they are not over the budget

Finances:

Other: Really just looking for a long-term game, with a team in the top division of their country and a healthy transfer budget. European football is not a need, but the team should be able to qualify with a few signings.

Nation: Preferably Italy

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Attainable promotion when not in top league, relegation candidate if Serie A.

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter either

Finances: Doesn't matter though a team without a huge debt draining the finances would be nice

Other: I have been starting alot of saves as of lately only to scratch it in a couple of weeks. I would like a team with a player to build around (like Clemente at Perugia). Someone who is top class for the league but who is by no means among the world's best etc.

Adzke I can't see much beyond Sampdoria or Torino if i'm honest, both are great clubs. If you're looking for pretty easy even after promotion then Sampdoria's squad shouldn't need too much improvement once promoted, Torino would need some work after promotion.

I've thought about both. Sampdoria might not be challenging enough. And I fear Torino would sport the same problem.

I've also thought about Brescia and Empoli, seeing as both were in the promotion race not too long ago.

Bari lost a lot of their better players after relegation but still have a few handy ones for that level so that may be a good option? I had a good save on FM10 with them and one of the goals that I set myself was that the San Nicola has never had a capacity crowd even during Italia 90 or the 1991 European cup final and that took a good while to achieve.

Bari lost a lot of their better players after relegation but still have a few handy ones for that level so that may be a good option? I had a good save on FM10 with them and one of the goals that I set myself was that the San Nicola has never had a capacity crowd even during Italia 90 or the 1991 European cup final and that took a good while to achieve.

The only problem with Bari is they don't have that ONE player to build around.

Hello,

I'm having some problem to start a new game, the teams area boring.

My last team was Tottenham, Napoli, Newcastle, and now I want to start with a team that isn't in the top. I'm thinking in England, but Sampdoria from Italia is easy when you go to Serie A?

Nation: England

Division: Premiership

European Competition: Not important

Media Prediction: 11º to 20º

Board Expectation(s): Relegation battle or middle

Transfer Budget: 3M or more

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in decent players

Finances: Not important

Other: I want a challeging team, that can be in Europe in 2 seasons

Teams in my mind: WBA, Swans or Sampdoria from Italy.

thanks people.

Swansea always seem to get good feedback and they seem to be a good save. I personally wouldnt go for WBA, but you could also have a look at the two other promoted clubs, QPR and Norwich!!!

Not sure what Sampdoria are like, but people also seem to enjoy playing as them to.

Nation: Anywhere, but preferably not in England

Division: Not important

European Competition: Not Important

Media Prediction: Not Important

Board Expectation(s): Not important

Transfer Budget: Not Important

Wage Budget: Not Important

Finances: Not Important

Other: Curently I am not really enjoying any of my saves for some reason so I just want a team which could be fun to play with.

Hoffenheim :brock:.

Very fun save, and its in Germany which is a very good league. Challenging as any of 8-10 clubs can win the league. Hoffenheim are a newish team to the league as they were a small village side until Dietmar Hopp bought the club and they had a rapid rise to the Bundesliga. I highly recomment them to anyone.

Archived