The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, question to alienate CMS and probably some others. (this isnt to see who is the biggest uber fan, i win that clearly its for something else)

How many games have you been to this season for the club you support?

OF those games how many were first team league/cup

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

Alright, question to alienate CMS and probably some others. (this isnt to see who is the biggest uber fan, i win that clearly its for something else)

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

Missed 2 home games this season due to work, been to about a dozen reserve games and 3 cup games, also done about 20 U18 games as well.

first team league/cup - 32/39 games, 21/21 at home (including one pre-season friendly) and 11/18 away

reserves league/cup - don't have reserve team/play friendlies behind closed doors

u18s league/cup - 1 game, sometimes get to a few but not this season, was hoping to go to a few of the cup games but we played on a monday afternoon in Bristol then got knocked out away to Blackburn :(

Tbh don't know what I'd do with my weekends without football. I normally go and watch Nuneaton or the youths during the international breaks if I can.

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

Ofc all homes. Only been to Leeds, Leicester, Peterboro, Reading and Brighton away. Also have/in process of sorting tickets for Stains, Coventry and hopefully Forest. Quite odd that I've been more inclined to go now we're in more trouble. Something awesome about relegation battles that makes me want to go.

Can't say I've ever been to a Reserve or U18 game though (I think I went to a Pompey Plymouth youth cup game one season...)

All in all probably an average in terms of the future of me going to games, as the working world doesn't present enough disposable cash and time as the student life does.

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

None :( I can't afford to spend money on the train + the price of a ticket unfortunately.

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

First Team: 36/36 league, 2/2 cup (not missed a competitive league or cup first team game for all of this and previous two seasons), 7/9 pre-season friendlies.

Reserves: not in league so games are behind closed doors/at the training ground, 2/2 Gloucestershire Senior Challenge Cup games (I think that's all there has been!)

U18s: 0 league, 0 cup, 1 friendly

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

all first team home games, i'm a season ticket holder

actually i didn't go to 2 because i had to do something so i usually hand my ticket to a mate

2 reserve home games

so by the end of the season should be 21 home games and 2 home reserve games

all first team home games, i'm a season ticket holder

actually i didn't go to 2 because i had to do something so i usually hand my ticket to a mate

2 reserve home games

so by the end of the season should be 21 home games and 2 home reserve games

Genuinely interested in what you had to do.. Usually if it's nothing major it you'd just go "I was at work" but this.. hmm.. Intriguing..

Genuinely interested in what you had to do.. Usually if it's nothing major it you'd just go "I was at work" but this.. hmm.. Intriguing..

once i was away in prague for the weekend on a mates birthday

the other time i was on a works conference in harrogate

i guess putting had to do something should really have been "i was away both times" :D

First team: 23/35 league (inc. 17/17 home), 3/3 cup.

Reserve team: Don't have one.

Youth team: Don't think it's even possible to go and watch them, they play at the training ground.

I've watched the youth team once, whilst waiting for a bus from the Keepmoat for the rugby, was quite a decent game.

I've been to one game. Therefore I beat all of you :cool:. I work most weekends and work a few evenings in the week. Luckily, there's a guy at work who goes to a few away games a season. So I'm going to start going with him if I can get my shifts to match with his. I also maybe starting to get more Saturdays off, so who knows I may be able to get a season ticket next season if I can guarentee that I can go to 12-15 games a season.

reserves league/cup

u18s league/cup

Not really keeping count, think I missed one home match because of illness, went to one cup match, two away friendlies and one u18 match. Other u18 matches (except away) and all reserve matches have been behind closed doors.

Rob you can have my uber fan coat mate. 20 U18 games is special.

Ive done all home first team games. + 3 FA cup games.

erm around 12 reserve games including behind closed doors and local area FA senior cup games.

around the same for the U18s i think.

Also did pre season 1st team 2/3 in croatia & slovenia

reserves pre season in fylde, and northern league games

U18 pre season games as well.

Rob you can have my uber fan coat mate. 20 U18 games is special.

Ive done all home first team games. + 3 FA cup games.

erm around 12 reserve games including behind closed doors and local area FA senior cup games.

around the same for the U18s i think.

Also did pre season 1st team 2/3 in croatia & slovenia

reserves pre season in fylde, and northern league games

U18 pre season games as well.

Game, set, match

29 first team matches.

i can't believe anyone who doesn't get paid to do it genuinely invests time in going to watch u-18 matches, but each to their own. if i lived round the corner from the training ground i may consider it.

I've been to every home League game except for the Doncaster game on boxing day, which I was in Liverpool.

Only been to 2 away games so far, but due to go to Ipswich next week.. and hopefully to the Leicester/Blackpool away games, and maybe to Doncaster on easter Monday.

Hmm League Cup, I went on the Burton/Mk Dons home games... didn't go to the Barnet home game and Cardiff away game.

Didn't go to Norwich away in the Fa Cup.

Don't go to reserve games any more, so none.. and no Youth games either.

Poor do in comparison to some, I usually go to every home game, every season. (cups and all) and to the odd away games (4-6/8 a season).

I wish I could afford to go to more, or all away games, but it cost's too much.

Hear hear' date=' Saints luckily get out of all this as their fans don't make noise.. they just waaaave all at the same time \o\..../o/.....\o\...... ;)[/quote']

*cough cough*

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Elvis-Is-A-Pompey-Fan-3229.aspx

Which is more cringeworthy, the Lallana song or Elvis day? There is only one way to find out... FIGHT!!!

cms & MLG too shy to answer like everyone else, awwww bless.

Two home friendlies in pre-season vs WBA and Werder Bremen/Athletic Bilbao, all 19 home league games, 1 away league game at Elland Road, 3 home cup games, 2 FA Youth Cup games at St Mary's and no reserve games as they are behind closed doors on midweek early afternoons normally.

Happy now? :D

i have been to 2 games, and will probably double that by the end of the season, going to the peterborough away game as that isnt to far away and probably another trip up to the CG for an as yet to be decided game

Been to every home match, and the home league cup run(5 games), 4 away games, 1 being WBA FA Cup. 1 under 18 match vs Spurs but don't have the time to go to those! Planning on going to 1 or 2 more aways this year and the rest of the home games, the most possible next year!

*cough cough*

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Elvis-Is-A-Pompey-Fan-3229.aspx

Which is more cringeworthy, the Lallana song or Elvis day? There is only one way to find out... FIGHT!!!

:D

I'm as embarrassed as you are. We'll probably get MOTM again from the club. They are trying tbf, it's just a little wishy washy..

Our far will West Ham be behind Southampton and Reading now?

4pts behind Reading, 6pts behind Soton, but they have played a game less.

Still, they should have been out of sight at the top by now.

Archived