The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I thought he was still there I was gonna say what has happened to him?

It seems a bit like what happened with Bruno for us last season, he was phased out and never got a look in, even when Patrick van Aanholt was here on loan and he was awful. I think Sousa's stint here completely killed Bruno's career in the end, because Sousa never bothered with fitness training, even in pre-season and our players always looked knackered after 50 minutes, I think Bruno never really regained his full fitness after that, given that was already getting on a bit anyway. He was probably the most universally loved Leicester player since we were last in the Prem though!

So your prepared to ruin a young mans future by playing him at a level hes absolutely never ever going to play in his life.

Southern Football League

Level on pyramid Level 7 and Level 8

Promotion to Conference South, Conference North

I don't see why his ability level comes into it, it is completely irrelevant. The fact you can't see why it is irrelevant is common of many Pompey fans about the situation. He is 19 years old and already at the club, they should be using him whilst under a transfer embargo rather than loaning him out in order to get players like Ings in.

This isn't like having to play a 15 or 16 year old, Tallack is a young man, he is 19 years old and if he can't play against adults now he won't even make it in non league. As G-Man has already stated, Coventry City are very short of senior players and are having to use very young players.

I don't see why his ability level comes into it, it is completely irrelevant. The fact you can't see why it is irrelevant is common of many Pompey fans about the situation. He is 19 years old and already at the club, they should be using him whilst under a transfer embargo rather than loaning him out in order to get players like Ings in.

This isn't like having to play a 15 or 16 year old, Tallack is a young man, he is 19 years old and if he can't play against adults now he won't even make it in non league. As G-Man has already stated, Coventry City are very short of senior players and are having to use very young players.

So after all that waffle the answer is yes you would ruin a young mans career. Cool good to know

why is it guaranteed his career would be ruined? we've just sent one of your youth ( ish :D ) keepers out on loan to a non-league side and hes played a few senior games for us and managed to not have his career ruined

So your prepared to ruin a young mans future by playing him at a level hes absolutely never ever going to play in his life.

Southern Football League

Level on pyramid Level 7 and Level 8

Promotion to Conference South, Conference North

Does that matter?

We have had players on the bench and make appearances throughout time who were not good enough but we had to throw them in because we had nothing else.

Yep, I'm intrigued as well cms186. How does Tallack being on the bench for the rest of the season and maybe the odd 20 minute run out "ruin his career"?

STOP SAYING THINGS I AGREE WITH, IT FEELS WRONG :mad: :mad:

​to keep the caps!!!!

Your insinuation "Announced in last few minutes Pompey loan out another 19 year old that could be playing for their first team..." was that he would be starting not playing the odd 15 minutes late in the game.

How have you jumped to that? I said "could be playing for their first team". I made no mention of starting.

You are still to explain how it could "ruin his career"...? It really wouldn't even if he started the next 10 games, let alone if he was on the bench. From how you describe him he his ***** and no chance of a long term career at this level, so if he spends the rest of his career in the lower leagues I'm sure he would look back at a 10 game period in the Championship at the start of his career when he was 19 years old as being the pinnacle. The stuff dreams of made of for most youngsters.

How have you jumped to that? I said "could be playing for their first team". I made no mention of starting.

You are still to explain how it could "ruin his career"...? It really wouldn't even if he started the next 10 games, let alone if he was on the bench. From how you describe him he his ***** and no chance of a long term career at this level, so if he spends the rest of his career in the lower leagues I'm sure he would look back at a 10 game period in the Championship at the start of his career when he was 19 years old as being the pinnacle. The stuff dreams of made of for most youngsters.

Correct he is *****

We've loaned out a load of our youngsters to local clubs at that level down the years, plenty of them have gone on to make several league appearances for us or even become decent players. Heck Nathan Cameron spent half a season on loan at that level a couple of years back and is currently part of our first 11 (admittedly not by choice).

Besides if he's not good enough in the first place he surely doesn't have a career to be ruined? Not to mention if chucking them in early is ruining their careers then we're currently butchering a host of young players dreams.

Basically in short he's 19, he has already graduated from the academy if he has no hope in hell of ever making it at the club or ever being played why is he still around?

We've loaned out a load of our youngsters to local clubs at that level down the years, plenty of them have gone on to make several league appearances for us or even become decent players. Heck Nathan Cameron spent half a season on loan at that level a couple of years back and is currently part of our first 11 (admittedly not by choice).

Besides if he's not good enough in the first place he surely doesn't have a career to be ruined? Not to mention if chucking them in early is ruining their careers then we're currently butchering a host of young players dreams.

Basically in short he's 19, he has already graduated from the academy if he has no hope in hell of ever making it at the club or ever being played why is he still around?

Because he had shin splints in the last year of his scholarship and as is normal down he was given a 1 year pro to see him on the road to recovery.

Well I'm glad to see you have some decency then. Just a shame you don't actually bother giving your youngsters any sort of chance, perhaps if you'd give em a go you'd get somewhere. I mean didn't Matt Ritchie just win League 2 player of the year? And hasn't Pearce been one of your best defenders this season after you re-signed him for 600k?

Yeah most of them probably wont work out but at least give them a shot.

it must be something higher at pompey stopping them, because iirc cotterill "refused" to give youth players a chance at pompey, but hes already given two youth players at Forest their debuts and another one has made the bench

Well I'm glad to see you have some decency then. Just a shame you don't actually bother giving your youngsters any sort of chance, perhaps if you'd give em a go you'd get somewhere. I mean didn't Matt Ritchie just win League 2 player of the year? And hasn't Pearce been one of your best defenders this season after you re-signed him for 600k?

Yeah most of them probably wont work out but at least give them a shot.

Pearce was released when we had Distin and Campbell as our centre backs which is understandable. Ritchie didnt match Cotterills criteria of a footballer and was stupidly sold

Donny done us a huge favour in the past week. Cheers! :D

Just need to ensure they get battered by us next Saturday to complete.

Yeah atleast someone bloody stuff them :mad:

4 games between now and the end of the month, 3 at home. Hopefully can get back into the mix, Forest have some tough games till the end of the month, only Brighton at home and they are unbeaten in 2012 as their announcer kept bloody reminding us.

Couldn't hear any of that chanting where I was sitting. And before you start moaning about other people being 'classy' look at yourselves - booing Shaun Barker as he's stretchered off with a serious knee injury. Well done.

And as for flukey, it was a completely deserved victory. Based on that showing, you are one of the worst side I have ever seen. You came for 2 things: to scrape a draw and to get Tyson injured. I lost count of the number of nasty fouls he was on the end of, not counting the masses of other cynical challenges you committed. In the end, you played no football, you had no shots on target, your barely strung two passes together and you deserved absolutely nothing. Which is precisely what you got.

I'll take a point against Reading. They're a good team and probably the most dangerous team I've ever seen from set-pieces. We played alright though and created a few chances. What's that now, 5 unbeaten? Next two fixtures are Derby and Millwall, both at home and both winnable. Hope we don't mess up after taking points from teams like West Ham and Reading.

Oh, and obviously I'm not condoning the chanting in any way, but every club has their fair share of idiots - I seem to remember some particularly unpleasant chants from your lot about Kris Commons baby dying for example.

Couldn't hear any of that chanting where I was sitting. And before you start moaning about other people being 'classy' look at yourselves - booing Shaun Barker as he's stretchered off with a serious knee injury. Well done.

And as for flukey, it was a completely deserved victory. Based on that showing, you are one of the worst side I have ever seen. You came for 2 things: to scrape a draw and to get Tyson injured. I lost count of the number of nasty fouls he was on the end of, not counting the masses of other cynical challenges you committed. In the end, you played no football, you had no shots on target, your barely strung two passes together and you deserved absolutely nothing. Which is precisely what you got.

noone is trying to defend how we played tonight, it wasnt how we have played recently and we seemed content with a point, which is just pathetic, but you didnt seem to show much offensively and scored with one of your few shots on target, i think Camp had made an excellent save just before, but that was about it, you had loads of set pieces to try and work with, but didnt do much with them ( which is suprising, as we've been **** and defending set pieces ), we may not have deserved anything, but that doesnt mean the win wasnt flukey.

If you didnt hear the chants, you must be going deaf, they were loud, clear and sustained and were on multiple occasions. The commentators said Shaun Barker was applauded off by both sets of fans, you'll also notice how Forest immediately put the ball out of play for a player who was presumably seriously injured

noone is trying to defend how we played tonight, it wasnt how we have played recently and we seemed content with a point, which is just pathetic, but you didnt seem to show much offensively and scored with one of your few shots on target, i think Camp had made an excellent save just before, but that was about it, you had loads of set pieces to try and work with, but didnt do much with them ( which is suprising, as we've been **** and defending set pieces ), we may not have deserved anything, but that doesnt mean the win wasnt flukey.

If you didnt hear the chants, you must be going deaf, they were loud, clear and sustained and were on multiple occasions. The commentators said Shaun Barker was applauded off by both sets of fans, you'll also notice how Forest immediately put the ball out of play for a player who was presumably seriously injured

The chants were also loud enough for one of your own players to hear: https://twitter.com/#!/nathan_Tyson/status/179721351249133569

when derby player last night has serious knee injury forest players beg for the game to stop so that he can get treatment

when forest player in september has serious knee injury derby players go up the other end and score despite similar begging for the match to be stopped

derby players knew how serious the injury was in september yet clough implored them to play on. disgusting club.

Did they sing "Let him die, let him die, let him die?"

I'm not sure trolling about a player being injured (Can Forest fans give a medical examination from the stands?.. probably not), is the same as mocking a club for the sudden death of their owner.

No fans are classy fwiw, we love a song that winds people up but theirs got to be a line and that crosses it tbh. Although I'm sure you wouldn't be the ones to sing that kind of thing.

I'm not sure trolling about a player being injured (Can Forest fans give a medical examination from the stands?.. probably not)' date=' is the same as mocking a club for the sudden death of their owner.

[/quote']

3 years ago they spent the whole game chanting "where's your baby gone?" to Kris Commons a few months after his wife had a miscarriage. Last season they were apparently chanting "glad your Daddy's dead" to Nigel Clough. I would say both of those were worse than what happened last night, given that they were aimed directly at grieving family members. Again, I'm not condoning anything that happened last night, but every clubs got a minority of idiot fans and Forest's are easily as bad as Derby's and the Forest fans really ought to look at their own before they start calling other clubs disgusting.

I sit at the opposite end of the ground to the away fans, and there weren't any audible chants from where I was sitting. And from what was said on Radio Derby this morning, the worst of the chanting was sparked off by Forest fans chanting the name of the player that (accidentally from what I saw) injured Shaun Barker and then miming walking on crutches at him. And yes, there was clear booing from the Forest fans as he was stretchered off.

3 years ago they spent the whole game chanting "where's your baby gone?" to Kris Commons a few months after his wife had a miscarriage.
His wife had a miscarriage when he was at Forest. IIRC, several teams 'fans' used the same line against him that season.
Last season they were apparently chanting "glad your Daddy's dead" to Nigel Clough.
I can categorically say that that one never happened.
I would say both of those were worse than what happened last night, given that they were aimed directly at grieving family members.
So, what about Nigel Doughtys father, who was invited to the game as a guest of the NFFC board? Should he have to endure, what, quite frankly, should never really be sang?
I sit at the opposite end of the ground to the away fans, and there weren't any audible chants from where I was sitting.
From where I was sat at the game, it was mainly from the corner directly to the right of the Forest fans, as well as the bottles of urine that were thrown.
And from what was said on Radio Derby this morning, the worst of the chanting was sparked off by Forest fans chanting the name of the player that (accidentally from what I saw) injured Shaun Barker and then miming walking on crutches at him.
So, because we apparently booed an injured player, it gives your so called fans the excuse to act in the manner in which they did?
And yes, there was clear booing from the Forest fans as he was stretchered off.
Again, because a small amount of Forest fans were making far more noise than your fans, they act in this manner?

Anyway, we deserved to lose, we didn't really perform, and, I'm not really surprised there was a sending off, although, there should have been more than one...

I'll take a point against Reading. They're a good team and probably the most dangerous team I've ever seen from set-pieces. We played alright though and created a few chances. What's that now, 5 unbeaten? Next two fixtures are Derby and Millwall, both at home and both winnable. Hope we don't mess up after taking points from teams like West Ham and Reading.

Had me worried until I took a closer look at your results and realised you've only won once since January 2nd. Still very good back to back results mind.

I know several fans who personally heard the chants about Brian Clough, so I can categorically say it did happen. And because several other clubs chanted about Commons that makes it okay? Again, I'm not condoning anything, not saying anything gives us the right to chant that - it was a horrible thing to do and the club will rightly apologise for it. But I just don't like the attitude that Forest fans are all wonderful and Derby fans are all despicable because a minority of fans have done something that a minority of fans at every other club have done repeatedly in the past.

I know several fans who personally heard the chants about Brian Clough, so I can categorically say it did happen. And because several other clubs chanted about Commons that makes it okay? Again, I'm not condoning anything, not saying anything gives us the right to chant that - it was a horrible thing to do and the club will rightly apologise for it. But I just don't like the attitude that Forest fans are all wonderful and Derby fans are all despicable because a minority of fans have done something that a minority of fans at every other club have done repeatedly in the past.

I'm not saying that our fans are wonderful, they're just not as bad as you're painting them to be.

I've got a stinging hangover, and need a lie down. TTFN.

I'm not saying that our fans are wonderful, they're just not as bad as you're painting them to be.

I've got a stinging hangover, and need a lie down. TTFN.

Which is all I'm saying about Derby fans. There's a few idiots and the rest of us are ashamed that those idiots choose to call themselves fans.

Archived