5 5 Nottingham Forest Championship 4,196

6 1 Sheffield Wednesday League 1 4,160

7 2 Huddersfield Town League 1 4,152

8 6 Portsmouth Championship 4,027

9 7 Leicester City Championship 3,818

10 8 Hull City Championship 3,431

11 3 Southampton League 1 3,380

Facts blud

Best fans in the world, only turn up when they are in the EPL. Couldn't even manage to get 3,500 fans away from home all season :(

Anyhoo I'm off to Reading ;)

Surprised they are the only club to do so. (and well played to them ;))

Thought West Ham would have snapped all the tickets up, but I guess the police stopped the lower tier tickets being sold to the West Ham fans..

Yeah, West Ham would easily have sold out if allowed. Less of a threat of mass violence in a Saints vs Millwall game, so they let us have 3,000 tickets including the lower tier.

It is a nonsense to use those stats. What point are you trying to prove? If you hadn't noticed, that season Saints were playing at League One grounds in 2010/11, most of which give smaller allocations than those in the Championship.

The away average is more telling that the season high, and even that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Best fans in the world' date=' only turn up when they are in the EPL. iirc.

[/quote']

Stop digging a hole for yourself, that statement can clearly be used for your own side. Saints in League One had larger away followings than a few Premier League clubs and many Championship clubs.

Facts blud

Best fans in the world, only turn up when they are in the EPL. Couldn't even manage to get 3,500 fans away from home all season :(

Anyhoo I'm off to Reading ;)

a few seasons ago i did a proper attendance thing based on pull of clubs. i might have a bit of time this weekend - it takes some time as i have to input every attendance done all year but it'd be possible to do. where's an easy place to get every attendance in every match so far this season?

and derby and forest's highest are only limited by the size of the away end at either teams ground. we could have quite easily taken 8000 to derby if they'd given us the space - same with them coming to us.

Apparently some of our fans are going mental about drawing 0-0 with Hull :D Really don't understand why, fairly decent result really. We have to accept the play offs are unattainable this season.

Worst referee ever tonight. Still FUMING at his performance, not even for giving Palace a pen (which was very soft but one that is sometimes given) but just for seemingly being utterly biased in Palace's favour. Amount of time he gave Palace free-kicks for no apparent reason to stop our attacks was criminal, continually allowed their defenders to completley manhandle our strikers yet gave their strikers FK's for the slightest bit of contact from our defenders and allowed Palace to blatantly time waste with no repercussions from the 4th minute. Were a fair few goalmouth scrambles where it looked like we might score or our player went down under a push and he just gave Palace a free-kick every time. He also bottled sending off a Palace player already on a yellow who attacked McSheffrey during a stoppage in play. So yeah am furious. :mad:

Other than that probably should have won tonight but Palace got a soft penalty after 3 mins and the time-wasted/protected what they had for the rest of the game. Oh well at least we gained a point on Forest.

0-0 doesn't help either of us at all.

Now 8 games unbeaten, only conceded 1 in that time, but far too many draws.

Yeah, but it's probably more damaging for you, I don't think Warnock has any hope of us getting into the play offs (or he's just saying that to get the players motivated to prove him wrong.) It's good to see us conceding just 1 goal in 3 games though, don't recall that ever happening under Grayson :D Just need to start scoring, obviously.

1	Southampton*	34	19	8*	7*	62	32*	30	65
2	Reading*	32*	18*	6*	8*	43	27	16	60
3	West Ham*	31*	17*	7*	7*	48*	29*	19	58
4	Blackpool*	32*	15*	10*	7*	56	42	14	55*
5	Middlesbrough*	32*	15*	10*	7*	38*	32*	6*	55*
6	Birmingham*	32*	14*	10*	8*	52	32*	20*	52
7	Brighton*	32*	14*	8*	10*	38*	33*	5*	50*
8	Hull City*	32*	14*	8*	10*	31	26	5*	50*
9	Cardiff*	31*	13*	10*	8*	46*	38	8	49
10	Burnley*	33	14*	5*	14*	47	42	5*	47*
11	Crystal Palace*	33	12*	11	10*	35	31*	4	47*
12	Leeds United*	32*	13*	7*	12*	51*	48*	3*	46
13	Leicester*	32*	13*	7*	12*	45*	38	7	46
14	Derby*	33	12*	7*	14*	34*	44	-10	43
15	Barnsley*	33	11*	7*	15*	44	53	-9	40
16	Watford*	32*	10	10*	12*	37	50	-13	40
17	Ipswich Town*	31*	11*	4*	16*	51*	60*	-9	37
18	Peterborough*	32*	9*	8*	15*	48*	51	-3	35
19	Millwall*	34	8	10*	16*	37	47	-10	34
20	Bristol City*	34	9*	6*	19	31	56	-25	33
21	Nottm Forest*	33	9*	5*	19	30*	50	-20	32
22	Coventry City*	34	7*	8*	19	29	47	-18	29
23	Doncaster*	32*	7*	8*	17*	29	51	-22	29

Hopefully this works. Table without Pompey in case anyone is interested.

Edit - Not quite, but you get the general gist.

Bless him. Hes fast and strong, an ok finisher and has decent enough technique. Just doesnt have a brain in his nut.

Cheers for sending us Freddie. :D It couldn't have gone much better for him really, blasting in a debut goal from 25 yards out. He looks a good player and I hope that he can continue and bang in a few more goals for us and help us to stay up.

It was a great result, winning at Forest and it's about time I saw us win an away game after a long wait. We played pretty well but made hard work out of getting the win (as ever) by conceding with quite a bit of time left and making the last 20 minutes a bit nervy. Can't be picky though, we had to win especially after Bristol City won as well. We have a chance if we can continue to play like that.

Long time to go without an away win for any fan. :D

Last time I saw an away win, was the other month at Forest.

When did Coventry last win a League game away?

I remember them talking about you on the Football League Weekend show last week, saying you have not won a game away from home all season, and have picked up just 3 points on your travels.

Long time to go without an away win for any fan. :D

Last time I saw an away win, was the other month at Forest.

When did Coventry last win a League game away?

I remember them talking about you on the Football League Weekend show last week, saying you have not won a game away from home all season, and have just picked up 3 points on your travels.

3-0 at Pompey late last season, was probably about early April, but that was our only away win in 2011.

Stuart Atwell - probably the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen tonight. The man just does not have the balls to make a decision. Players tonight got away with murder at times. He'd whistle and they wouldn't come for that chat, they'd throw the ball away and he'd ignore it.

On a positive we had a ball kicked out of our ground for what is possibly only the third time I can recall ever.

The slick passing we have played for much of the season fell apart tonight as we retaliated to Leeds' hoof ball with our own variety of hoof ball. We just cant score and should have sold Cameron Stewart to Leicester when we had the chance. His head has certainly been turned. Have no idea why Barmby wont consider a striker on loan to put more pressure on Fryatt.

Saying all that, pleased with how the season has panned out. Still have a chance of sneaking a play off spot. We play some cracking football at times and McKenna has to be the steal of the season and in my eyes a certainty to win our player of the season.

Last time I saw us win an away game? 1-0 at Peterborough March 6th 2010 with a goal from Jon Stead. Pretty much exactly 2 years ago.

You know after winning that game we were like 3 pts off the play-offs without about 11 games to go, we subsequently failed to win another game all season and finished 19th. The following season we were 4th at Christmas time after we won 10 of our first 20 games, including 4 away (which I missed :(), but we then subsequently managed 1 more win under Boothroyd until he was sacked in late March. We finished the season playing well under Thorn and won a few home games plus the Pompey away game but we drew a lot of games we should have won and had a final league position of 19th again.

Yeah and then this season has been just an utter joke.

3-0 at Pompey late last season, was probably about early April, but that was our only away win in 2011.

1 away in win in 2011, and so far, no away wins in 2012... ouch.

We used to be very poor away from home, (away wins were rare under Ternent/SC/Laws) we got the odd away wins under Coyle in the Championship, and it was amazing to start seeing us win away at Charlton/Wolves etc.

But we still picked up more points at home under Coyle, and we nearly went all season without an away win in the Premier League, untill we beat Hull near the end of the season.

But now under Eddie Howe, we are very much spoilt for away wins.

Before tonight the last away game I saw us win was at Scunthorpe in October 2010. I usually get to between something like 8-13 away games per season.

Nothing like an away win when you have not had one for a while.

I don't get to as many away game as I would like any more, I now go to about 4-8 away games a season.

We'll pay when we want...

We'll pay when we waaaannnntt..

We're Portsmouth City,

we'll pay when we want \o/

The one thing that impressed me about Reading last night was their comeback to "Is this a Library?".. "This is your Funeral" THAT.. is banter, awesome stuff. Was really odd last night, a team in 3rd and they seemed just totally subdued. Football in the modern age doesn't get much better than a 7 game winning streak ffs cheer up.

On the game, I wasn't really watching after about 60mins, was dull never looked like doing anything so our fans just went on a mind****. Scoring pretend goals, singing 1-0 and you f***ed it up, we're winning away, we're gonna win the league, we're all going on a European tour etc etc.. Total mind****.

If we're 6 points behind after the Brighton game then there is some hope still. Oh and we do have enough cash to get to the end of the season so West Ham can sleep easily. It's after that, that's the problem.

Hopefully the atmosphere is the same at Brighton otherwise I'll be a bit depressed :D

It is a nonsense to use those stats. What point are you trying to prove? If you hadn't noticed, that season Saints were playing at League One grounds in 2010/11, most of which give smaller allocations than those in the Championship.

The away average is more telling that the season high, and even that should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Stop digging a hole for yourself, that statement can clearly be used for your own side. Saints in League One had larger away followings than a few Premier League clubs and many Championship clubs.

Fighting awful stats with awful stats. Good times good stuff :cool:

Att: 23,315. Top of the League, nearly 10,000 empty seats. What's the excuse this time? :(

Our finishing last night (Lallana and Guly mainly) :thdn:

Ipswich had possibly one of the worst defences I've seen down here including League One days. Opened up time and time again by channel balls. :D

Ahwell.

Att: 23' date='315. Top of the League, nearly 10,000 empty seats. What's the excuse this time? :([/quote']

Are you seriously suggesting 23k for a 2nd tier game against bottom half opponents, on a Tuesday night with a relatively small away following from Ipswich is poor? It is comparable to what Blackburn, Swansea, Wigan, Bolton, West Brom, QPR etc etc get for Premier League games! ffs.

23k is also higher than all but 3 teams average attendances in the Championship this season. Yes, it is smaller than others they have had at St Mary's this season, but is still hardly a poor turn out.

You really must try harder! ;)

We'll pay when we want...

We'll pay when we waaaannnntt..

We're Portsmouth City' date='

we'll pay when we want \o/

The one thing that impressed me about Reading last night was their comeback to "Is this a Library?".. "This is your Funeral" THAT.. is banter, awesome stuff. Was really odd last night, a team in 3rd and they seemed just totally subdued. Football in the modern age doesn't get much better than a 7 game winning streak ffs cheer up.

On the game, I wasn't really watching after about 60mins, was dull never looked like doing anything so our fans just went on a mind****. Scoring pretend goals, singing 1-0 and you f***ed it up, we're winning away, we're gonna win the league, we're all going on a European tour etc etc.. Total mind****.

If we're 6 points behind after the Brighton game then there is some hope still. Oh and we do have enough cash to get to the end of the season so West Ham can sleep easily. It's after that, that's the problem.

Hopefully the atmosphere is the same at Brighton otherwise I'll be a bit depressed :D[/quote']

Reading is always a pretty quiet stadium, but then so is Coventry :(

Football League trying their best to sort out their **** up

Administrator Trevor Birch has revealed that his efforts to get around £800,000 to keep the club afloat this season have been successful.

In a statement the PKF partner said the money would probably allow Pompey to finish out the season but that they were ‘not out of the woods yet’.

He said: ‘I am pleased to confirm that there have been some positive developments at Portsmouth Football Club over the last few days.

‘I have held constructive talks with The Football League, who have been incredibly supportive.

‘The League will now resume payment of the club’s Basic Award monies which are normally paid on a monthly basis to all Football League clubs.

‘For clubs in the Championship, they amount to around £200,000 a month. The League has confirmed that we will receive the four outstanding payments for the current season as and when they fall due, subject to any outstanding balances owed to other clubs.

‘This money will go a long way towards plugging the club’s financial gap and allowing us to complete the season.

‘This is clearly a very positive step but I wish to emphasise that we are not out of the woods yet.

‘The additional money buys us more time but it does not solve the club’s problems and it does not guarantee the club’s survival.

‘But thanks to this and other initiatives currently being considered by the joint administrators, which may include further player loans, we should be able to get to the end of the season.

‘PKF’s over arching objective is to find a buyer before the money runs out.

‘Portsmouth Football Club needs the continued support of the local community if it is to remain in business for the long term. From what I’ve seen over the past few weeks, I know that the fans, staff and players will give it their all.

‘I am grateful to The Football League for their efforts in what has undoubtedly been a difficult situation for them. I would also like to thank the PFA, who have been playing an important role behind the scenes throughout the administration process.

‘There is still much to do but I am working hard to achieve a successful conclusion for the club.’

A Football League spokesman said: ‘As in all insolvency situations, The Football League is focused on the ultimate survival of the club for its supporters and the wider community.

‘We will now continue working with the administrator to achieve a successful re-structuring of the club.’

Nick Cusack, a PFA senior executive, added: ‘The PFA has been working constructively with the joint administrators and has been liaising with the Football League and the Premier League to try to ensure that Portsmouth gets through this very difficult period and emerges as a stronger and more viable football club.

‘The players have played their part in accepting deferrals on their wages and have recently gone eight weeks without receiving any pay at all.

‘In that time, the players have shown great commitment to the club and the supporters, and will continue to give their all in order to get Portsmouth back on its feet and stable once more.’

Archived