The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently we're having to wear amber shorts as Saints only brought black /o\

Had you have been wearing your usual shorts, you wouldn't have lost tonight.

Superstition/ usual routine and all that. :D

Just seen the Leeds/ Forest goals, Mcleary scored some absolute cracking goals.

Had you have been wearing your usual shorts, you wouldn't have lost tonight.

Superstition/ usual routine and all that. :D

Just seen the Leeds/ Forest goals, Mcleary scored some absolute cracking goals.

Guediouras was better.

he said thats the way he wants his teams to play :D he better start Majewski more often then :mad: he said majewski had been out injured for a month or so, which explains his absence, but why is this the first we've heard of it? :D

We are down now, end of. You'll struggle to find a worse performance than that, complete joke. Many went home after 55 minutes, it was that bad.

I thought you had started to turn it around with results against West Ham and Reading.

Looking at the table your still only 4 points adrift of Brizzle, who are the only team to have a worse GD than you aswell.

Forest fans coming out of everywhere all of a sudden :D

Really does look like 3 from 4 now, with it being ridiculously tight between us, Donny and Pompey atm but Bristol City really do seem to be in free fall.

Not sure where we're going to get any goals from now till the end of the season though with McSheffrey our only fit midfielder who isn't basically a DM. Really showed against Watford on Saturday and we seriously struggled to create anything. In fact McSheffrey is our only fit left footed player :D

Long drive back from Hull tonight - some prat smashed my window :(

Was really pleased at the way we played tonight despite the result. Soton really organised and break at pace. The physio has built a good team. Despite the goals, not really sure about Lambert - doesn't seem very mobile

Saying that we had our chances. Oppo GK kept out 3 shots from Joshua King alone and Cairney rammed one down his throat from 35 yards late on. We struggle with our formation without a decent striker though. Neither Fryatt nor McLean are good enough for the way we play.

Disappointed tonight but with only a point preventing us being in the playoffs we need to re-group and move on. 1st defeat since Jan 3 I think and no embarrassment to lost to that team tonight

Just having a look at some of our stats in the bbc match preview and noticed this:

• The club with the poorest attack in the Championship, are also in danger of a 500th loss in second level league football.

For some reason I didn't realise we had the worst attack in the league (and this is from before Forest scored 7) but now I think about it it's hardly surprising. Suppose I just presumed it had to be Forest really. Anyway had a look and we've managed 31 goals in 37 games which is truly pathetic :D

Interesting to note that Hull who are only a point off the play-offs have only scored 37 (in 37) themselves. Which is less than Forest now :D

Despite the goals, not really sure about Lambert - doesn't seem very mobile.

In 35 Championship games he has 24 goals and 10 assists. Does it really matter how "mobile" you think he is? Every manager in this league and a number of Premier League managers would sign him in a heartbeat given the chance. Yes, he isn't quick, but he is strong in the air, excellent movement off the ball, has a great first touch, eye for a pass and all round technical ability.

He really isn't the lump of a targetman some think he is, there is a lot more to his game. Plus he can hardly be called "fat" like some opposition fans do. He has lost a lot of weight in the last 3 years since moving to Saints, who have put him on a strict regime that he didn't have at Bristol Rovers.

If Grant Holt can do well in the Premier League, Rickie Lambert could easily. He has outscored him before and I think when in the same league again, he will do again.

I thought you had started to turn it around with results against West Ham and Reading.

Looking at the table your still only 4 points adrift of Brizzle, who are the only team to have a worse GD than you aswell.

We did look to have turned a corner with some positive results and performances but then we've gone backwards, following those results up with two of the worst performances I've seen, both at home against "beatable" teams. We needed 3-4 points from those games because our next few games are Saints away, Palace away (game in hand) and Birmingham at home. Don't think we have a chance anymore, we can't defend, control a game, or even score more than 1 goal. And the manager seems to have lost the fans' backing already.

Cardiff fans - tell me about Gabor Gyepes please!

Hungarian international. Run of the mill championship CB. Famous for rugby tackling a Leicester player and getting sent off, when he was through on goal, with the score even. We held on with ten men and he was seen as a hero. :D As ugly a human as you'll ever see but has a supermodel girlfriend.

Sums it up well http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m17fd7L3Zm1qlqonqo1_400.jpg :(

Ah yeah, remember that goal, curler into the top corner, yeah?

Yep.

Can't find the video of it at the moment, but have one of him when he was at Bromley instead.. The goal at 1:15ish is quality.

[video=youtube;LaeQ3-TFa3Y]

In 35 Championship games he has 24 goals and 10 assists. Does it really matter how "mobile" you think he is? Every manager in this league and a number of Premier League managers would sign him in a heartbeat given the chance. Yes, he isn't quick, but he is strong in the air, excellent movement off the ball, has a great first touch, eye for a pass and all round technical ability.

He really isn't the lump of a targetman some think he is, there is a lot more to his game. Plus he can hardly be called "fat" like some opposition fans do. He has lost a lot of weight in the last 3 years since moving to Saints, who have put him on a strict regime that he didn't have at Bristol Rovers.

If Grant Holt can do well in the Premier League, Rickie Lambert could easily. He has outscored him before and I think when in the same league again, he will do again.

Dean Windass was 39 and did about that the last time we went up. How many penalties by the way?

i really doubt this would be given that much attention if forest had just beaten milllwal 3-7

oh well :D

??????

i seem to remember when burnley lost 7-4 to watford a few years ago there was loads of attention too.

people love big scores.

Hungarian international. Run of the mill championship CB. Famous for rugby tackling a Leicester player and getting sent off, when he was through on goal, with the score even. We held on with ten men and he was seen as a hero. :D As ugly a human as you'll ever see but has a supermodel girlfriend.

Pretty much this, Gabor a decent defender but very much a donkey.

Dean Windass was 39 and did about that the last time we went up.

No he didn't.

- Windass scored 11 Championship goals in 37 games.

- Lambert has scored 24 Championship goals in 35 games and has 10 assists.

How many penalties by the way?

A penalty isn't a guaranteed goal (just ask Liverpool). It is a skill in its own right. In any case even if you take out Lambert's 9 penalties from his 24 league goals he would still be joint top scorer in the Championship with 15 goals.

Archived