The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Really is crazy

\0/

He's a walking time bomb when things aren't going his way, and then when he's punished, he throws a tantrum a 4 year old would be proud of. :D

[video=youtube;gTpPDV9iLrE]

[video=youtube;7y1-oLsBO1o]

The freekick against Blackpool this season was funny, when Wallace was over the ball and Bikey was stood next to him.. pulling at Wallace's shirt exchanging words, then Wallace pulled himself away and said 'get off me' so Bikey grabbed him by the throat.

So Wallace again pushed him away and told him to 'f*ck off'' :D

Good job Wallace is Scottish.. brave little guy, he then scored the free kick.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That second one was in the play-off semi-final the year you went up wasn't it? Don't think the Reading fans were happy with him at all :D

Yeah, here's better highlights. "a moment of madness from Bikey"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-eASzNCQQ#t=6m32s

He gives away adaft penalty... gets booked, throws a minor paddy.

Then later on he stamps on Robbie Blake, gets a red, and throws a bigger paddy. :D

to be honest gerrard is a diving cheating **** and always has been a diving cheating hypocritical **** and i would do exactly the same as bikey

Amen to this.

When Liverpool played Atletico in the CL a few years ago he made a ridiculous dive for a penalty in the last min (which he scored) and in response Aguero shot directly from the kick-off, actually hit the bar as well but he got booked for it by the ref :D

This is the penalty btw (9 seconds)

[video=youtube;PVthv1RqHqo]

**** off you diving scouse ****** :mad:

Wow, I never realised he dived so much.

I guess he his a scouser after all, and if he wasn't playing football, he'd probably be steeling the wheels from your car. ;) [/subtle racism]

Pretty sure this was a fun match, you got to see the best player ever to grace this league. Robert Prosinecki ;)

Nilsson needed to display all his managerial savvy when Portsmouth, directed by Robert Prosinecki, assumed control in the second half. At 32, the Croatian captain's belly sags over his shorts and he seems to regard tracking back as beneath him, but his impudent flicks and fizzing passes were as dazzling to the eye as ever.

:cool:

That's not subtle :D

How very classy Pompey

Ok, maybe not. :D

When we went to Charlton a few years ago (December 2008), we stopped at the services on the way down, and there was a couple of coaches with Everton fans, who were on their way down to Portsmouth for a Premier League game.

We ended up getting back onto our coaches around the same time as them, but they had stolen some sweets/drinks from the shop.

And a couple of the Everton fans, picked up a decorative plant from the front door way on there way out, and blatantly carried it onto their coach haha.

Woman from the shop tried coming to our coach, and the guy at the front was like 'it's got nothing to do with us'

She then went to the Everton coach, but she got told to eff off, and to lighten up a little and some more insulting comments.. they just acted so normal, like there was nothing wrong with it.

In the end she just let them go, because it was causing too much hassle. :D

We then had to wait like 10 years for a rematch, was actually talk of revenge when we drew you in the cup a couple of years back :D

Nilsson needed to display all his managerial savvy when Portsmouth, directed by Robert Prosinecki, assumed control in the second half. At 32, the Croatian captain's belly sags over his shorts and he seems to regard tracking back as beneath him, but his impudent flicks and fizzing passes were as dazzling to the eye as ever. :cool:

Just reading through that and so many old names :D Really seems a lifetime ago now.

Am so bloody nervous about tomorrow. Just feel like if we lose it's all over and that's that and even if we draw it leaves us in a very precarious situation, just so much riding on the game. Just worked so hard to get ourselves into this situation and all of a sudden there seems to be light at the end of the corridor but the last time we got in this position we went to Forest put in a woeful performance and deservedly lost and I'm just afraid it's going to happen again.

So yeah am not looking forward to tomorrow at all, if we win it'll be more a sense of relief than anything else. Actually feeling sick just thinking about it now.

We then had to wait like 10 years for a rematch, was actually talk of revenge when we drew you in the cup a couple of years back :D

Nilsson needed to display all his managerial savvy when Portsmouth, directed by Robert Prosinecki, assumed control in the second half. At 32, the Croatian captain's belly sags over his shorts and he seems to regard tracking back as beneath him, but his impudent flicks and fizzing passes were as dazzling to the eye as ever. :cool:

Just reading through that and so many old names :D Really seems a lifetime ago now.

Following the Sky Blues' victory his name was loudly chanted by the fans. Forget Harry Redknapp, Nigel Clough or Dave Bassett - it is the affable, unflappable Swede they want in charge.

interesting candidates. and interesting to think where all three of them went in their paths... who did coventry appoint in the end?

Am so bloody nervous about tomorrow. Just feel like if we lose it's all over and that's that and even if we draw it leaves us in a very precarious situation, just so much riding on the game. Just worked so hard to get ourselves into this situation and all of a sudden there seems to be light at the end of the corridor but the last time we got in this position we went to Forest put in a woeful performance and deservedly lost and I'm just afraid it's going to happen again.

So yeah am not looking forward to tomorrow at all, if we win it'll be more a sense of relief than anything else. Actually feeling sick just thinking about it now.

I think with Coventry though, they could win all their home games (4 left right?) and could still go down, they absolutely have to win away and probably pick up 6 points away from home to be in with a chance. I'm looking forward to it, lets be honest all our fans are going with heads held high, no fear etc.. We think we are down, we've got half a team that are on loan and half under contract. If you get ahead early, it'll quiet us down and you may be comfortable. It'll be interesting how we line up and how we go about the game. At Peterborough it was utter domination and at Reading/Brighton we had barely a shot on goal. Hopefully we go for it.

Roland Nilsson as player-manager. We were top in January, had dropped into the play-offs with 10 games to go but still had a nice cushion over the team in 7th but somehow finished 11th (iirc). He was subsequently sacked and replace by Gary McAlister as player-manager.

The guy before Nilsson was Strachan and he was initially appointed as player-manager as well. Certainly had something for appointing player-managers at the time :D

Amen to this.

When Liverpool played Atletico in the CL a few years ago he made a ridiculous dive for a penalty in the last min (which he scored) and in response Aguero shot directly from the kick-off, actually hit the bar as well but he got booked for it by the ref :D

Erm... what? Surely must have done something as dissent as well? Perfectly legitimate to shoot from a kick off.

I think with Coventry though' date=' they could win all their home games (4 left right?) and could still go down, they absolutely have to win away and probably pick up 6 points away from home to be in with a chance. I'm looking forward to it, lets be honest all our fans are going with heads held high, no fear etc.. We think we are down, we've got half a team that are on loan and half under contract. If you get ahead early, it'll quiet us down and you may be comfortable. It'll be interesting how we line up and how we go about the game. At Peterborough it was utter domination and at Reading/Brighton we had barely a shot on goal. Hopefully we go for it.[/quote']

4 home wins (which is very possible imo) would put us on 44 pts which could very easily be enough to stay up this season tbh. Really think we HAVE to win all our home games tbh, then nab whatever away points we can. If we won 2 away games as well we'd finish on 50 pts which really isn't needed this season imo.

4 home wins (which is very possible imo) would put us on 44 pts which could very easily be enough to stay up this season tbh. Really think we HAVE to win all our home games tbh, then nab whatever away points we can. If we won 2 away games as well we'd finish on 50 pts which really isn't needed this season imo.

The run in for us though I think gives us a good opportunity to stay up, especially if we get anything from our 4 games away. Hull on Tuesday is another massive one if like you say 4 wins is enough to stay up I would hope we could get that plus a couple of draws. Forest will be safe by the end of the season and we know Cotterill will go easy on us ;)

Pompey (24th) H

Hull (9th) A

Peterborough (17th) H

Bristol City (21st) A

Burnley (16th) A

Doncaster (23rd) H

Millwall (19th) H

Southampton (1st) A

The Bristol City game is massive and the one away game we probably must win. If we can't stay up with that run in we don't deserve to tbh.

Saints will be rolling over that's foreshure.

Definitely 4 winnable home games there. Although Peterborough have turned a corner recently, were utterly abysmal in January.

Coventry (A)

Hull City (H)

Burnley (H)

Southampton (A)

Millwall (H)

Doncaster Rovers (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Derby County (H)

Forest (A)

You can't argue with that run in, if Cov are looking for 4, I would like to think there are 13 points in there, our GD does give us an extra point.

I do think it's 3 from 4 though, Forest have turned a corner and obviously the players run the club like Chelsea now with this free scoring :D

I'm not even bothered about our run in now, strange how feelings change when you have nothing to play for.

I was still looking forward to the West Ham game, on paper they have some of the best players in this League, and I was looking forward to seeing them come to town.

But now we could be giving some Youngsters a game, with no win in 6, our last 2 performances have been woeful to say the least, and apart from Rodriguez, only 1 other Burnley player in our team as scored a goal since Xmas. West Ham are also strong away from home, I fear it will be a no contest.

Our last away game at rivals Blackpool should be fun though, hopefully we will dent their play off push. :D

Our last 8 home games fwiw:

W5 D2 L1

Whilst our last 4 in all games reads : D4 (Palace/Brum/Watford/Cardiff)

If we win all our homes games then that puts us 5 pts ahead of you and 4 ahead of Donny making your games in hand less worrying. Tbh all we need to do is match Bristol City's results and then beat them in the game we play them in, easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

Of our away games we've got to beat Bristol and the way Burnley are now going we might be able to get something at them, a 0-0 draw at Hull doesn't seem impossible whilst hopefully Saints roll over for us. :D Tbh in reality do think the Burnley and Bristol City games we have a shot in.

Crap isn't it? I love the buzz of a relegation battle, been in one for the majority of the seasons watching Pompey, valuing those wins a bit more and being rubbish then getting a lucky break then stuffing Brum.. I would of laughed at you had you told me that result at half time. I'm glad we're in and around it. All good fun

I'm focusing on Bristol and if you happen to drop back into it that's just an added bonus tbh.

Can't believe how heavily I'm scrutinising the fixture list though as if it'll make some sort of difference. What will be will be.

Certainly makes a change from the last 3 seasons where we've had nothing to play for post February/March and gone on horrendous runs with the players just seeming to no longer care.

I'm looking forward to it' date=' lets be honest all our fans are going with heads held high, no fear etc.. We think we are down, we've got half a team that are on loan and half under contract..[/quote']
Crap isn't it? I love the buzz of a relegation battle' date=' been in one for the majority of the seasons watching Pompey, valuing those wins a bit more and being rubbish then getting a lucky break then stuffing Brum.. I would of laughed at you had you told me that result at half time. I'm glad we're in and around it. All good fun[/quote']

That's the problem now though. I long ago come to terms with us going down and accepted it, felt like we had nothing to lose and any point was an added bonus. I still feel like that for away games but all of a sudden I have hope, I'm going into this Pompey game with expectations that we will win and I full know we will **** it up big time. I think if we lose tomorrow it will hurt much more than almost every other loss this season (apart from the ones where we lost to 2 goals in injury time) as I actually expect something from the game now. All of a sudden we actually have something to lose and I don't like it, I've been going to pretty much every game this season with no expectations so that I don't get too upset when we lose and any win feels 100 times better. Now...

pulling+hair+out.gif

Well if we're going by the 44 point target' date=' I would expect you to pick up 6 points between now and the end of the season.[/quote']

Yeah really think they're out unless they have some ridiculous run. I mean it could be more than 44 pts but tbh it is looking like a ridiculously low pts total to stay up this season. Maybe it'll be as high as 45 or 46 but I doubt it. Especially as we're all playing each other so that will limit the points total teams will get.

But your showing emotion, getting involved, that's what it's all about. Would be ****ing miserable watching a bunch of players basically mope around a pitch thinking about where their going on holiday, instead you get lots of war type propaganda stirring the emotions. It's great. I certainly wouldn't be going to this game if we weren't in this relegation battle. Said at Reading I wanted to go, we were awful but atmosphere we created was awesome :D

Aslong as you don't cry, no crying :mad:

But your showing emotion' date=' getting involved, that's what it's all about. Would be ****ing miserable watching a bunch of players basically mope around a pitch thinking about where their going on holiday, instead you get lots of war type propaganda stirring the emotions. It's great. I certainly wouldn't be going to this game if we weren't in this relegation battle. Said at Reading I wanted to go, we were awful but atmosphere we created was awesome :D

Aslong as you don't cry, no crying :mad:[/quote']

I'm more of a smash things into little pieces kind of guy :D

Yeah mate do you think I'd have gone to as many away games this season if that wasn't the case, in case you hadn't noticed following us away from home this season has been hell :D

I'm also well aware of how awful watching players thinking about there holidays is. In back to back seasons under Coleman we failed to win any of our last 10 games as we had nothing to play for, saw some truly awful and uninspiring matches.

we're so random at the moment form goes out the window at every opportunity. who would have seen us not only putting 7 past leeds, but beating brum at their place, yet also contriving to lose against donny and put in the most toothless performance ever against derby.

I'm more of a smash things into little pieces kind of guy :D

Yeah mate do you think I'd have gone to as many away games this season if that wasn't the case, in case you hadn't noticed following us away from home this season has been hell :D

I'm also well aware of how awful watching players thinking about there holidays is. In back to back seasons under Coleman we failed to win any of our last 10 games as we had nothing to play for, saw some truly awful and uninspiring matches.

Sounds like Jon actually, his mental rages are funny. A nice long trip home always helps calm the nerves and gives you that realisation that winning away is rare... Hate that feeling when you begin the journey, you say we're getting nothing, by the time you get there it's "we're gonna win today, I can feel it, £5 on Pompey to win".. then you go 2 down in 10minutes.. Felt like that at Reading last season when Rocha got sent off :(

forest havent had a midtable season in years and years and years

last season: play off heartbreak part 4 vs swansea

2009-10: 3rd play off heartbreak part 3 vs blackpool

2008-09: saved from relegation with a couple of matches to go having been in the mire most of the season

2007-08: promoted on the last day having been 12 points off the pace on the 31st march - http://www.statto.com/football/teams/nottingham-forest/2007-2008/table/2008-03-29

2006-07: playoff heartbreak part 2 vs yeovil, top at new year and completely fell to pieces after losing 5-0 to oldham

2005-06: flirted with relegation to league two until we won 8/10 matches and only just missed out on a playoff place by 2 points

2004-05: relegation from championship

2003-04: flirted with relegation until big fat joe saved us with a couple of games to go

2002-03: playoff heartbreak part 1 vs sheffield united

2001-02: what's that? midtable all season!!...

we were 2 goals up in the tie with 10 mins to go at home... ended up losing it. freaking mental.

love yeovil town by the way, really awesome club. we beat them the next season 3-2 to get promoted on the last day of the season.

we were 2 goals up in the tie with 10 mins to go at home... ended up losing it. freaking mental.

love yeovil town by the way, really awesome club. we beat them the next season 3-2 to get promoted on the last day of the season.

have the dvd of that game, Jules goal :cool:

Sounds like Jon actually' date=' his mental rages are funny. A nice long trip home always helps calm the nerves and gives you that realisation that winning away is rare... Hate that feeling when you begin the journey, you say we're getting nothing, by the time you get there it's "we're gonna win today, I can feel it, £5 on Pompey to win".. then you go 2 down in 10minutes.. Felt like that at Reading last season when Rocha got sent off :([/quote']

Yeah that sounds about right.

re Saints vs Coventry on the last game of the season...

Saints will be rolling over that's foreshure.

I bet you they don't. If the team is promoted before the Coventry game on the last day of the season some Saints fans might want Saints to lose and have a 2005 style WBA/Pompey situation, but I really don't see Adkins as the type of manager to do that.

When your fans are booing every time you go forward, players get demotivated. The media will be bringing it up in interviews etc, you can't exactly say go out there and win for the fans when they don't want you to win :D

Bloody James Keene was actually trying to score in that game aswell ffs, glad we shipped him off. It wouldn't of been fair if we were celebrating you going down if West Brom went down aswell..

Archived