11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Help, my game has gone all weird looking!

help.png

As you can see there seems to be two backgrounds competing here, and I can't see half the buttions I should, like the FM button.

I'm on the steam version.

Delete your cache:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Help, my game has gone all weird looking!

<snipping image>

As you can see there seems to be two backgrounds competing here, and I can't see half the buttions I should, like the FM button.

I'm on the steam version.

I restarted the game and it is allright this time. Probably something to do with steam update.

@Lucas, thanks but the game fixed itself even before I had a chance to look at your post.:thup:

• Administrators
I restarted the game and it is allright this time. Probably something to do with steam update.

Yeah, glad to know you're up and running. :)

• SI Staff
what kind of editing

Honestly I don't know, I don't know the file, if loaded with the new database teams may have folded for example. The best thing to do is load the file and see and ask the creator if there are any issues.

Ok, normally i don't do this but in this case i have to say something.

This year editor was the worst editor SI ever launched without an apparent reason. It had and still has an huge list of bugs. Now this is supposed to be the last patch and most of the bugs would be fixed but instead of this we have this:

Editor

======

- Added missing customisable columns height, weight, left foot and right foot for players.

- Fixed added player awards not working properly if the "Position" field was left unset.

- Fixed some issues with promotions and relegations involving secondary regional competitions.

- Fixed an issue where the points for a team would go negative if they get more than 127.

What the hell its going on? Didn't you check the Editor bugs section???

This is a big disappointment for me, SI usually has good feedback and usually fix whats reported on the forums, now they just fix 4 or 5 things just to say they fix something...

Really Disappointed.

• SI Staff

This year editor was the worst editor SI ever launched without an apparent reason. It had and still has an huge list of bugs. Now this is supposed to be the last patch and most of the bugs would be fixed but instead of this we have this:

This is a big disappointment for me, SI usually has good feedback and usually fix whats reported on the forums, now they just fix 4 or 5 things just to say they fix something...

Really Disappointed.

This is not every fix that went into the editor, not all changes are in this list. There is a disclaimer in the change list stating this. Some of the fixes are also done in the game not the editor itself.

Really Disappointed.

*Please remember not every single fix which has been made in this patch will be included in this changelist. We've tried to put in as much as possible but there will be exceptions. Thanks.

thats at the bottom of the changelist, calm down

I know you said its in Segas hands not yours, but you reckon the patch will be tonight for non-steamers? Just wondering if it'll be waiting hours or days... My game box is at my parents house and I've just got a new laptop so I could scream over there and try and find the instructions with the serial number, but I'd rather not do that at rush hour if I can help it!!

Steam version: Fired up the game, all backgrounds were gone (using BaseDark) -the background was white, the white font unreadable. I closed the game and tried to restart it via Steam, got the message 'please try again later'. I closed Steam and manually tried to open the game and I got a message saying 'not a Win32 application'.

Somehow managed to start the game while the patch was being downloaded (but it wasn't displayed in Steam). Anyway, after the patch was downloaded completely, everything is back to normal.

I know you said its in Segas hands not yours, but you reckon the patch will be tonight for non-steamers? Just wondering if it'll be waiting hours or days... My game box is at my parents house and I've just got a new laptop so I could scream over there and try and find the instructions with the serial number, but I'd rather not do that at rush hour if I can help it!!

It's out. Downloading pc-boxed torrent now :D

Honestly I don't know, I don't know the file, if loaded with the new database teams may have folded for example. The best thing to do is load the file and see and ask the creator if there are any issues.

does the new patch have folded teams on it that could affect it

Just started a new season with Aberdeen to find the update has missed out key changes. We have jim leighton as a goalkeeping coach now, also we signed david Mcanamee, and have released Jerel Ifil. Also Milsom who has been excellent since joining is massively underrated. Please fix this.

Just started a new season with Aberdeen to find the update has missed out key changes. We have jim leighton as a goalkeeping coach now, also we signed david Mcanamee, and have released Jerel Ifil. Also Milsom who has been excellent since joining is massively underrated. Please fix this.

This is the last update, barring any big bugs. Just load up the editor and do it yourself, will only take 5 minutes.

There won't be another official data update for FM11. If you have an issue with the Aberdeen data then please post constructively in the appropriate thread in the data forum. You can also use the editor that comes with the game and make the changes yourself.

The ifil transfer would probably have come too late, you have to also remember Milson was rotting in fulham reserves, whilst he has been ok for us there is no way for the aberdeen researcher to have known this before now.

all I want to know is will we now be able to do journeyman careers now? as a example in the lower leagues no other clubs wanted you while at a club no matter how well you did.

Changes have been made which should help this.

It's also worth noting that the 'Past Experience' you set when adding a manager has quite a lot to do with this, this higher you set it the easier it will be to find a job

Archived