11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

i've got tons of goals scored from direct freekicks using 11.2.1

and when will the patch be released for non steam users?

Your answer is in the OP.

309.8MB and 271MB seems quite a difference - are some people updating from 11.1?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you checked Steam to auto-update, and is it connected to Steam? (not offline)?

I haven't changed anything in Steam from default. I can't find an option to auto-update. Where is the option?

Also it has not been updated, when I start a new game only 11.1 and 11.2 are available.

A question, i know players get transferred, but have players ratings gone up? e.g Alex Chamberlain has been brilliant in real life so his FM ratings should rise?

Theres been tweaks to CA/PA yes

Free-kicks are broken. If you've somehow scored "tons" of free-kicks, you are seriously in a minority. I have multiple saves showing that the total number of DFKs scored across all divisions and many countries and multiple seasons is around 1 per team per season on average. That's clearly broken.

In fact someone from SI even said they were broken in another thread, but that since the fault was due to the ball physics engine, it was too big a problem to fix in a patch and wouild need to wait til the next edition. I wasn't sure this was true, but apparently it was true. A shame.

• SI Staff
I haven't changed anything in Steam from default. I can't find an option to auto-update. Where is the option?

Also it has not been updated, when I start a new game only 11.1 and 11.2 are available.

Right Click on Football Manager 2011 and select Properties. Then the updates tab, make sure it says "always keep this game up to date"

That's yabba-dabba-brilliant news! Thanks alot SI and SEGA! :thup::)

I know you've all taken alot of (often ridiculous) stick from folks on here about this patch release, it's appreciated by us all. I'll be back later to get the download version when the forums don't resemble rush hour. :D

Free-kicks are broken. If you've somehow scored "tons" of free-kicks, you are seriously in a minority. I have multiple saves showing that the total number of DFKs scored across all divisions and many countries and multiple seasons is around 1 per team per season on average. That's clearly broken.

In fact someone from SI even said they were broken in another thread, but that since the fault was due to the ball physics engine, it was too big a problem to fix in a patch and wouild need to wait til the next edition. I wasn't sure this was true, but apparently it was true. A shame.

The freekick percentage is low but not as low as some think this was disccused a while back im sure its only 8-9% lower then real life stats, i know thats still abit but like i say its not as bad as people think

• Administrators
Coaches from previous clubs still appear in the training section, is this still being looked into?

This is one of those errors unfortunately, as the transfer was made (moving clubs), it hasn't cleared down. New Game won't have this problem. :)

As raised by one of my members at FM-Base, the Irish leagues have some errors, Fingal have folded which isn't refelcted in the new patch, and some transfers are missing.

Fingal only wrapped up other week did't they and code lock will of been in place before this could happen i think

• SI Staff
As raised by one of my members at FM-Base, the Irish leagues have some errors, Fingal have folded which isn't refelcted in the new patch, and some transfers are missing.

This occured after our database had been locked and therefore did not make it into Patch 3.

Just went out and bought fm2011 (is my new policy of waiting for third patch before buying)...Got it for £5 at my local store. Can't wait to see how Blackburn Rovers new owners Venkys are portrayed.

EDIT: By just, I mean yesterday...I wasn't refreshing the forum every two minutes and jumped out of my living room window the moment the announcement was made.....Honest!!

Just two small errors, that don't affect almost nothing, but José Eduardo Bettencourt, chairman of Sporting, should be unhappy (He has resigned) and Nuno Coelho hasn't been confirmed on a future transfer to Benfica (And Matic came for free, but that's alright)... But I'm happy with the patch, I will test some more...

I'm not aware when they folded to be honest, if thats the case then obviously i don't expect it to be in the new patch. But according to this member, there are a few transfers, particularly related to Shelbourne (his favourite club) that haven't been reflected in the new patch.

• SI Staff
I'm not aware when they folded to be honest, if thats the case then obviously i don't expect it to be in the new patch. But according to this member, there are a few transfers, particularly related to Shelbourne (his favourite club) that haven't been reflected in the new patch.

For those issues the best place to post them is in the data issue sub-folder of the forums.

I was merrily playing Civilization when I glanced to see Steam had finished loading something for FM. I thought surely not, but upon loading FM found it had indeed loaded up the new patch. Like others the size on Steam says 271.3 & not 390.8, so I presume this is correct.

Steam version: Fired up the game, all backgrounds were gone (using BaseDark) -the background was white, the white font unreadable. I closed the game and tried to restart it via Steam, got the message 'please try again later'. I closed Steam and manually tried to open the game and I got a message saying 'not a Win32 application'.

For those issues the best place to post them is in the data issue sub-folder of the forums.

I've now quizzed him further and it appears most of those transfers were players jumping ship from Fingal. Sorry for jumping the gun, update seems good so far. Great work. Thanks from everyone at FM-Base. :)

Archived