11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Hi Lucas Weatherby,

Please, can you tell me if it's now possible to participate to the "Coupe de France" when you continue the game from a save of the previous patch ?

Should work from the following season or with a new game, it is fixed however.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Only had time to read through the first couple pages as Im waiting for the Barca - Arsenal game to start.

This year was the first time I waited till now to buy the game, so I've just installed it and it is, contrary to previous years, completely unpatched. So I was wondering if I need to install the previous patches before installing the new one?

Thank you for any help.

No need for prior patches

Have just started a new save and got job with Barnet. Tried trimming some dead wood and the players i tried to offload all came back as having just joined the club so couldn't be sold. I started looking through the squads contracts to find some I could offload and every single one of the players at Barnet is showing as having started the contract in July 2010. Have just checked thro Accrington and Bradford too and all of their contracts started in july 2010.

Have I done something daft or is this badly wrong?

Thanks

• SI Staff
After downloading it. I have put it in the DB folder in My Documents. When i went to play the game it wont show up on the database.

You don't need to put anything anywhere, the installer does everything for you

Just had a crash dump.

Have a save where I'm managing 4 teams a message popped up saying "You have only selected 10 subs from a possible 12, would you like to proceed anyway?" I clicked "No" and it crashed.

• SI Staff
Do i need to move it to another file or leave it as it is.

Just run the installer and then leave it, the installer does everything for you, there is no need at all to put any folders or files anywhere at all.

I apologize for re-posting this, but I am alarmed cause I was counting on loan signings from my parent club and now I can't do it the way I used to.

One weird thing I noticed just after applying the patch, is that now my parent club is asking me to pay full wages plus a fee when I make a loan offer for a reserve player who is listed for loan. My team is Vauxhall (currently in the Championship), my parent club is Man Utd. Up until now I could loan players from them without a fee and without paying any wages.

Has this been changed?

• Administrators
I apologize for re-posting this, but I am alarmed cause I was counting on loan signings from my parent club and now I can't do it the way I used to.

One weird thing I noticed just after applying the patch, is that now my parent club is asking me to pay full wages plus a fee when I make a loan offer for a reserve player who is listed for loan. My team is Vauxhall (currently in the Championship), my parent club is Man Utd. Up until now I could loan players from them without a fee and without paying any wages.

Has this been changed?

What is their squad status at Man United? If they view them as important enough they will demand a fee.

What is their squad status at Man United? If they view them as important enough they will demand a fee.

They are all hot prospects or youngsters, they are listed for loan and Man Utd is my parent club. Up until a few minutes ago and for the past few seasons, I could make offers as their feeder club (and have them accepted) to take these players on loan without paying a fee and with no wage contribution. Now they are asking for extravagant fees and for wages to be paid in full.

When you want to send a player on loan to get games, and especially to your feeder club, what is the point in asking for a fee and for wages to be paid in full?

**********************Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Money is tight as it is at Rangers, without having an extra £5k p/w on the wage bill. Andrius Velicka was released.

And the status should be that Rangers are looking for a new buyer....

Come on... This is basic stuff.***********************

Anything?`

Just run the installer and then leave it, the installer does everything for you, there is no need at all to put any folders or files anywhere at all.

I have tried to get the patch working for 3 Hours and no luck. I'am going to have to download it again. If it doesnt work i have given up.

• Administrators
**********************Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Money is tight as it is at Rangers, without having an extra £5k p/w on the wage bill. Andrius Velicka was released.

And the status should be that Rangers are looking for a new buyer....

Come on... This is basic stuff.***********************

Anything?`

Data Issue. You might want to take it up in the Data Issues Forum

Link: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/197-Football-Manager-2011-Data-Issues

Cheers

• SI Staff
I have tried to get the patch working for 3 Hours and no luck. I'am going to have to download it again. If it doesnt work i have given up.

I'm not sure what the problem you're having is though I'm afraid. You've run the installer and the game hasn't updated am I correct? Did you have the game running when you tried to install the patch?

• Administrators
They are all hot prospects or youngsters, they are listed for loan and Man Utd is my parent club. Up until a few minutes ago and for the past few seasons, I could make offers as their feeder club (and have them accepted) to take these players on loan without paying a fee and with no wage contribution. Now they are asking for extravagant fees and for wages to be paid in full.

When you want to send a player on loan to get games, and especially to your feeder club, what is the point in asking for a fee and for wages to be paid in full?

Hmm.

Could you upload your save to the FTP so I can take a look?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230019-FTP-Details

Cheers

I'm not sure what the problem you're having is though I'm afraid. You've run the installer and the game hasn't updated am I correct? Did you have the game running when you tried to install the patch?

No. Its downloading again now.

It won't update for me, as it says

FM2011 v11.3.0 Patch Installer

A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\skins.fmf.

Thats what i'am getting aswell mate.

• Administrators

A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\skins.fmf.

Is FM running? Needs to be closed to update it.

• SI Staff

You are trying to install the patch with the game running, quit the game and try again and you'll be fine :)

Noticed Adel Taarabt has had some of his attributes lowered on 11.3 [Technique, Dribbling etc] didn't realise he was having a poor season... :D

Think he has had his attributes more balanced out, making him a better player.

After downloading again and im doing what you have told me to do.

Now im getting the following when clicking the update button.

Access to C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 11/Changelist.txt was denied

• Administrators
For some reason I can't upload the save. Are there different instructions for Mac users?

Have you tried an FTP client such as FileZilla, or are you trying to use Finder to do this?

Posted a while ago (356) but have since checked league 2 in detail and seemingly every player in league 2 shows as their contract starting in july 2010. This makes it impossible to offload anyone from a team you start with in league 2. It wasn't like this before the patch

• Administrators
Posted a while ago (356) but have since checked league 2 in detail and seemingly every player in league 2 shows as their contract starting in july 2010. This makes it impossible to offload anyone from a team you start with in league 2. It wasn't like this before the patch

Thanks the information, we are looking into this.

Access to C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 11/Changelist.txt was denied

Any Help. Thanks

I'd advise shutting down the computer and turning it back on again to start from scratch

Then after you've logged on just double click on the patch you have downloaded and click 'update'. Don't do anything before double clicking on the patch, this should ensure no files are open and then the patch can install correctly

ive read the sticky by brock but it does not say if the patch is save game compatible

It´s always save game compatible, but some changes might only be in your game, when starting a new save.

Have you tried an FTP client such as FileZilla, or are you trying to use Finder to do this?

I tried the way described in the link you sent me. I'll download FileZilla and try again, thanks mate.

• Administrators

Are you running an editor file?

Seems okay here.

• Administrators
ive read the sticky by brock but it does not say if the patch is save game compatible

You need to read it again! :D

The patch can be installed without installing any previous patch, and is save game compatible. For those of you running via the disc you’ll need the ‘disc’ patch, likewise those running the digital download version you’ll need the ‘digital’ version.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it on this thread, didn't see anything on page 1 or 4.

When I go to the squad page when I select to order players by 'Form' they don't order by form. Each time I click it it changes the order by 'Position'. Quite annoying, one of my favoured sort options.

I've tried 2 different skins, FM11 original and dark and have the same problem. Is there something I can do to correct this?

Think he has had his attributes more balanced out, making him a better player.

Yeah on a second glance after loading the 11.2 database up, i've noticed some of his other attributes have had a little rise. [pace, passing, finishing, penaltys.. etc]

• 10.1/2 - 10.3
    Dribbling 19 - 16
    Technique 18 - 16
    Crossing 14 - 13
    finishing 12 - 14
    first touch 13 - 12
    long shots 14 - 15
    passing 12 - 15
    penaltys 13 - 16
    flair 19 - 18
    creativity 10 - 13
    composure 12 - 13