11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
why did someone "make 8000" changes then?!?!?

They didn't make 8000 changes on things that happened before the transfer window. They made 10 changes on things before the transfer window, apparently, as I have just asked that question. Which is still 10 too many, but then 1 transfer could equal 10 changes itself, as you'd need to change the club from one to the other, a joining date, and the contract information.

Having an issue with the patch atm

I've downloaded the mac disc patch, and i've followed the procedure to install, yet when i select "start new game", the new database is not listed there! Anyone know why this might be?

All that's been said on the matter has been said. As Neil posted above, please do not discuss this any further in this thread, as this is for 11.3 feedback.

Any data queries should be lodged in the data forum.

Thanks .

You said " go to data issues forum , copy the letters above but nothing will be change. " ok , i m going immediately...

Thanks too you mate :)

Have you tried closing Steam and re-opening it? Also I'd suggest verifying your game cache as described below:

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2011 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

it says 27 files failed to validate and will be reacquired?

Filtering for players seems to be broken now, tried doing various filters, eg only Attacking Midfielder Left & it shows players in every position, then tried adding pace stamina & crossing & only AML's showed up whcih seemed fixed, but i had it set at "At Least" 14 crossing & players with under that were showing up.

• Administrators

I've downloaded the mac disc patch, and i've followed the procedure to install, yet when i select "start new game", the new database is not listed there! Anyone know why this might be?

Are you definitely running 11.3?

It will say in Game Preferences.

Let me know, cheers.

• Administrators
It's says I'm running 11.2.1

Then that means you haven't patched up correctly. Please install the correct patch version :)

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Have you tried closing Steam and re-opening it? Also I'd suggest verifying your game cache as described below:

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2011 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

it worked many thanks

Is there any difference between Steam and Boxed version updates. Huntelaar has 18 finishing in my game, but it is 20 in my friend's game. What may cause that difference?

Is it something because of the Verify? I did not click that button before creating a new game.

• SI Staff

Have you tried to install the patch with the game running by any chance? The game should not be running when you install the patch. Have you got everything installed in the default location as well?

Then that means you haven't patched up correctly. Please install the correct patch version :)

I did. I chose the 11.3 patch when I downloaded it :)

Have you tried to install the patch with the game running by any chance? The game should not be running when you install the patch. Have you got everything installed in the default location as well?

The game was not loaded when i installed it. I think it just hates me ;)

Quick question on Loans in the new patch.

In previous games / patches, as a Championship club it was always easy to sign players (who are listed as available for loan) from Premier League clubs without having to pay an initial fee. I understand that loaning between Permiership clubs will attract a fee, but is it deliberate that Championship clubs should be being asked to pay ?

I'm Leeds and I've just tried to sign Jordan Mutch from Birmingham. He's listed for loan, but Birmingham want 180k. Same goes with Jose Baxter at Everton, he's also listed for loan and Everton also want 180k.

Is this correct ?

EDIT: Add Jordan Spence (West Ham want 150k) & Marc Crosas (Celtic want 200k)

In previous games / patches, as a Championship club it was always easy to sign players (who are listed as available for loan) from Premier League clubs without having to pay an initial fee. I understand that loaning between Permiership clubs will attract a fee, but is it deliberate that Championship clubs should be being asked to pay ?

I'm Leeds and I've just tried to sign Jordan Mutch from Birmingham. He's listed for loan, but Birmingham want 180k. Same goes with Jose Baxter at Everton, he's also listed for loan and Everton also want 180k.

Is this correct ?

Players of reasonable/proven ability (for example Henri Lansbury) will command a loan-fee, that is correct.

• SI Staff

Is this correct ?

Yes - it's what happens in real life too.

• SI Staff
I did. I chose the 11.3 patch when I downloaded it :)

The game was not loaded when i installed it. I think it just hates me ;)

Can you try the patch installer again but actually locate the game when the installer gets to that stage, it should be in Applications > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011

Is this correct ?

Loan fees are common between Prem and Championship clubs

I'd advise shutting down the computer and turning it back on again to start from scratch

Then after you've logged on just double click on the patch you have downloaded and click 'update'. Don't do anything before double clicking on the patch, this should ensure no files are open and then the patch can install correctly

I got it working finally. ;);)

Can you try the patch installer again but actually locate the game when the installer gets to that stage, it should be in Applications > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011

You sir

are a legend :D

It works!!

YES! fianlly, i can now start my long term save now, been waiting for this and the last 4 weeks all i have done is play a season or 2 with different teams inleagues that i wouldnt waste my time with and have had some fun, i dont care if there are stil a few bugs, personally i run this game on a pc (the worse on this forum im sure) that can only have 20,000 players loaded and i normally have 60,000+ and i dont care if it makes my game slow etc because i like to take my time have 2 mangers at once and all i have been doing is waiting for the data update with a few fixes and im happy.

so thanks SI i have got 2moz and thursday off and what a time to get the update, thanks :D

So it's a deliberate change from previous versions then ?

It's basically every loan, not just players of proven ability. I've tried two players from the lower leagues (AFC Wimbledon & Tranmere) and they're also wanting fee's. Please don't take this as a "moan", but would you be able to explain why it's changed in this patch?. Previously no fees we're expected between Championship & Premier League teams for players listed as available for loan...

Is there any difference between Steam and Boxed version updates. Huntelaar has 18 finishing in my game, but it is 20 in my friend's game. What may cause that difference?

Is it something because of the Verify? I did not click that button before creating a new game.

I did the Verify and created a new game, still its 18 :) Also attributes of Carroll is different. Any comments?

• Administrators

It's basically every loan, not just players of proven ability. I've tried two players from the lower leagues (AFC Wimbledon & Tranmere) and they're also wanting fee's. Please don't take this as a "moan", but would you be able to explain why it's changed in this patch?. Previously no fees we're expected between Championship & Premier League teams for players listed as available for loan...

It will be down to how valuable that player is to that club, and your own club's stature in the game.

It is what happens in real life as Miles said, I don't see a problem with this either.

• SI Staff

It was a change made for FM11, based on the info we were given by agents and other people in the football world. It was wrong in previous games, as we were unaware it was the norm.

true, but should it also happen when the lower league club is a feeder team? My parent club suddenly started asking for a fee and full wages paid when I make loan proposals for youngsters in their reserves, who are listed for loan. Before the patch I could loan such players from my parent club for free...

It will be down to how valuable that player is to that club, and your own club's stature in the game.

It is what happens in real life as Miles said, I don't see a problem with this either.

Remember these players are listed on the loan market, so the clubs are actively encouraging a loan move. I'm not suggesting there's a "reality" issue, just curious as to why it seems to have changed so drastically.

I can only assume it's linked to my clubs reputation, do you know if Leeds had an increase in reputation from 11.2.1 to 11.3 ?

EDIT: Seen Miles' answer, the only assumption I've got left then is the club one...Is it true ?

Archived