Weirdest Nationalities of players

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City have 2 striking gems from Zimbabwe and Kenya, they're the only really world class regens who are from the unusual footballing nations.

Here they are:

Arubi

Mutua

Other than that there's lots of good players from places like Iraq and Togo, I am however only in 2020 so a lot of regens are still developing, it's clear to me there will be many more.

The best "weird" one i had was an Uzbekistan regen, easily one of the best cm in the world, they were quite a decent team, made it to the world cup a couple times (this is around about 2040 on Fm10). mali are great on my game atm, ranked 14th!

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
Agreed i always look to sign players from weird countries, even tho they're rubbish lol Guyuna, New Caledonia amongst others

I used to as well! Had a really good Uzbek goalie once. Unfortunately he came from the same mould as Boruc. Some brilliant saves, but prone to the odd gaff/doing something daft...

I've been noticing this myself and had to post this when I saw the thread.

Real Madrid have signed 2, (not 1 but 2!) Costa Rican youngsters.

I'm currently trying to sign a 6'6" 16yo DC from Guinea-Bissau (GNB).

I've slowly starting to turn San Marino into a decent footballing Nation. Lots of Sammariese youngsters starting to come through now, (2029).

I have a 16yo AMC from Comoros, (COM), that I am tracking with the hope of buying.

Another 16yo DC on my list is from Guinea (GUI),

17yo Cape Verdean.

17yo DC from Congo (CGO).

17yo DL from Guadeloupe (GPE).

18yo DC from Democratic Republic of Congo (COD).

Mali (MLI), Central African Republic (CTA), (had never seen that one before until this weekend actually), and another COD.

All these are teenagers on my shopping list.

intakes from those countries are fairly low 2-5 a year.

Are you aware that you can actually play in Ukraine and Croatia and that each actually has 2 playable leagues in the game? Croatia are ranked 14th in the World in my game.

Off the top of my head I can think of 6 Croatian's who have played in England in then last few years. (the 3 at Spurs, Jellyfish, Lovren & Eduardo). They are FAR from a "werdr" footballing Nation.

It's the same fro Ukraine, (who are ranked 7th in the World right now). Come on!

As for Jamiacan footballers being weird.... are you joking? This is a joke right?

:lol:

(Apologies for mixing up Jamaican and Barbadian flags)

yes but Croatia churn out "best in thier position in the world" newgens.

and Jamaica producing a player to play at top level.. yes that is quite odd.

Look, I'm not being funny or argumentative but....

The title of this thread is.

Weirdest Nationalities of players

You posted pics of 3 teenagers. 1 Croat, 1 Jamaican and a Ukranian.

I think I have already clarified clearly enough that neither Croatia or Ukraine or Weird footballing Nations in the slightest.

You are now insisting that....

Jamaica producing a player to play at top level.. yes that is quite odd.

You showed me a picture of a 19yo worth £475

Jermaine Beckford, Claude Davis, Robbie Earle, Jason Euell, Damien Francis, Ricardo Fuller, Ricardo Gardner, Marcus Gayle, Barry Hayles, Wes Morgan, David Johnson, Michael Johnson, Marlon King, Jamie Lawrence, Kevin Lisbie, Adrian Mariappa, Danny Maddix, Jobi McAnuff, Garath McClearey, Nyron Nosworthy, Darryl Powell, Theo Robinson, Fitzroy Simpson & Frank Sinclair might disagree with you. They are all Jamaican International footballers who have played in the Premiership or Championship in the recent past.

Wes Morgan was just named in the Championship team of the year and will be playing in the premiership next season.

There are others I have forgotten too.

yes but Croatia churn out "best in thier position in the world" newgens.

I'm not sure that's THAT unbelievable- I'd say Zvonimir Boban was the best in his position in the world at that time. This is also the land of Suker, Prosinecki, Bilic and Poborsky- sure, perhaps not the absolute greatest, but certainly major players. The fact that I probably don't need to put their first names attests to that.

And with the sheer presence of Jamaicans in the English league (compared with non-footballing nations), it's not that surprising one may turn out top class- there are a few in the Prem/Champ as we speak. Hell, you could make a case for John Barnes for being a top class player at his peak.

These Guinea Bissau or like Cambodians you find, are they at their nations clubs or big clubs academies?

Haven't seen a Cambodian but....

Player from.....

The Congo at Lens in France.

Mali at Montpellier in France.

Guadaloupe at Monaco in France.

Guinea_Bissau at Sochaux in France.

Guinea at Monaco in France.

Comoras at Lille in France.

Algeria at PSG in France.

Central African Republic at Genk in Belgium, (but on loan from Marseille in France).

Cape Verde at Porto in Portugal.

Democratic Republic of Congo at PSG in France.

Reunion at PSG in France.

So yeah, France. :lol:

I'm not sure that's THAT unbelievable- I'd say Zvonimir Boban was the best in his position in the world at that time. This is also the land of Suker, Prosinecki, Bilic and Poborsky- sure, perhaps not the absolute greatest, but certainly major players. The fact that I probably don't need to put their first names attests to that.

And with the sheer presence of Jamaicans in the English league (compared with non-footballing nations), it's not that surprising one may turn out top class- there are a few in the Prem/Champ as we speak. Hell, you could make a case for John Barnes for being a top class player at his peak.

I'm sure Poborsky was Czech not Croatian. Sorry for being picky :)

Scott. Whatever value the player is. Whatever club he is at. Whatever his PA or CA or even PPA. Whatever age he is. Whatever position he plays. Whatever anything you are going to come up with next......

Jamaica, Croatia and Ukraine and simply NOT weird footballing Nations.

Ukraine are ranked 17th in the World right now. Have you ever heard of Shevchenko, Rebrov or Voronin? Luzhny used to play for Arsenal. Konoplyanka is the winger that Liverpool have been trying to sign all year.

Croatia are ranked 20th in the World right now. Ever heard of Suker, Srna or Olic? Stimac and Bilic both used to play for West Ham. Eduardo who used to play for Arsenal? Kranjcar, Corluka and Modric who all played for Spurs under Harry? Jelavic who was at Everton and is now at Hull.

At what point are you going to say.... "You are right. They are not a weird footballing nation at all"?

:lol:

Perhaps you could just tell us what exactly makes them weird?

In fact I don't care. Spent far too much time trying to show you the folly of your ways. :thup:

because on my game they produce 2-5 a year.

and how is Jamaica not an odd place? last time I checked they were not some footballing superpower.

and I found madagascar... shame it is second nationality... the names are just bonkers.

you could go through a list of names for most countires that have played at the top level.

so I take it Belarus is fine then

why not discount Honduras given how they a few in those leagues

Ok. Last effort.

Scott.

1. Would you mind telling me what Countries and Leagues you have loaded on your game?

2. Do you think that the Countries and Leagues you have loaded within your game might have just the slightest impact in how many players they produce?

you could go through a list of names for most countires that have played at the top level.

Ok, Well you have suggested Croatia, Ukraine and Jamaica. I have listed many many players from each one of them.

All of these players I had heard of before I posted in this thread. Some of the other Nations that have been suggested are as follows.

Cape Verde.

Liechtenstein.

Fiji.

Northern Mariana Islands.

Bhutan.

Maldives.

Sri lanka.

Bahrain.

Wallis & Fortuna.

Aruba.

America Samoa.

Tadjikistan.

Reunion.

Central African Republic.

Mauritius.

Botswana.

Guinea-Bissau.

Comoros.

Guinea.

Congo.

Guadeloupe.

Democratic Republic of Cong

Off the top of my head, I am unaware of a professional footballer from any of these Nations playing at any level. That doesn't mean that there haven't been any. It just means that (A) they are not as common and (B) they are not as well known. I will be honest and admit that there are some names there that I didn't even know existed until seeing them in FM, (Central African Republic, Guinea-Bissau & Comoros). Can you see why that makes it weird to then see a footballer from there in FM game?

Compare that to the relative footballing superpowers of Ukraine and Croatia, and to Jamaica which obviously has huge immigrant links with the UK. If you can't see the difference between the list up there and your choices then.....

the Jamaican was produced in Jamaica, and all the others came from thier home country.

and so i still put forward the mighty footballing powers of Belarus, thailand and china

and there are quite a few congolese players.

Leroy Lita, Lomana Lualua, Youssouf Mulumbu etc

Youssouf Mulumbu (West Brom), Cédrick (Real Betis) and Cédric Makiadi (Werder Bremen) are all from DR Congo so it does produce a couple of good players... Vincent Kompany is also part-Congolese although he never lived in the DR so I guess you can discount that one.

But yes, you are completely correct - Jamaica, Ukraine and Croatia are prominent, well known footballing nations. Jamaica may not produce world class players but they do produce a good standard of players, many of whom ply their trade in Europe (and England especially). To suggest these are 'weird' nations is absurd, to be quite honest. All of the players in Jimbo's list above are weird. Croatia is not. :lol: I'm surprised this is even an argument, no idea how it can be suggested otherwise tbh.

because it odd that i'm getting top class players on first intake from 2 or 3 players, from croatia, on mutliple saves, and sometimes year after year.

if I had them loaded, fine, but I don't so I only get 2-3 coming through at the clubs in thier own leagues, and given these are coming through better then 99.9% of the other countires players.

Let's have an end to all this.

I take it back.

1. I didn't even know Zaire was now called DR Congo, (I'm old and I miss things). :o

2. Yes I have heard of those British based players but I was unaware of their Nationality, (I thought LuaLua was Belgian and thought Lita was English).

3. I have never even met anyone from that list up there.

4. On the other hand I have met many Jamaicans and almost shagged a Croatian, (but never met a Ukranian).

5. If you think that they are weird footballing Nations then it's clear that nothing will change your mind.

The end.

I only went of the % produced in my saves. over multiple versions, at a level BEYOND the usual. so not Bizzare in that they play in top leagues, but Bizzare in that they are a step up, the Croatian I linked is BETTER then Rafeal on my United save at 20, and the best Right back in the world on that save.

on FM13 i think i got an Iranian as well.

Never knew Croatia, Jamaica and Ukraine were weird nationalities for players. These are pretty common.

Anyway, in my save there is a world class defender from Thailand playing for Bayern Munich. I've noticed Bayern have 3 South Koreans, 1 Thai, 1 Chinese and two Japanese in their first team. They're all world class or potentially world class. Also not saying japan, South Korea and Chinese are weird just interesting seeing Bayern buying mainly from Asia on my save.

I was managing Southampton (I think), and during one international break I saw Scotland U21's had beaten Gibralter U'21s 12-0, so I had a quick look and spotted a Gibralter player had a rating of 0.1 so I took a screen shot, and promptly signed the young lad who had been released by a non league team some 12 months earlier....

I thought that a season with premier league coaches and premier league facilities might help him - I thought it would be interesting to see what happened anyway. I even threw him on the bench for a few matches. I was in a semi final (can't remember if it was league or fa cup) but at 1-0 down with 88 minutes on the clock I decided to give him his debut. He only went and equalised with his first touch before I lost on penalties. He got an 8. something in that match but that was the only time he played that season.

The following season I decided to play him in all my cup games, including the europa league. He was averaging 5.something and still had awful attributes, although his CA had improved from good Skrill south player to leading skrill premier player! so when he came in demanding to play more football, I sacked the ungrateful bugger on the spot.

Back in either 08 or 09, I had a save in which Luxembourg produced a whole buch of good regens over 3-4 years. No-one truly word class, but probably a dozen or so premiership level players. If it wasn't for the fact that their best GK was about conference level, they might've even been in the mix for qualification for a Euros or even WC....

From a similar period (maybe even the same save) I also had a great striker from FYROMia. His name was even Aleksander....

Archived