How do you choose your name?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When not playing as me, which I usually do I have:

Edwardo Ballsio: Former Iranian International footballer who manages International sides for years and then only takes the biggest jobs.

Samir Quazarindalado: former Columbian International footballer who buys big and only wants glory, doesn't care about money.

Matthew Gradson: former pro who manages a Charlton side often populated by myself and my friends.

Oh and in the old days when you needed a bit of money from Chelsea I had Bobby Blobby who would take over Chelsea and then buy all your crap players for vastly inflated prices. Me and my mate would often refer to whether a game had been Bobby Blobby'd or not.

Hmm, more names than I would've though there.

If i manage in the UK/Ireland i use my own name.

If i manager in another country i usually roleplay as a manager native to that country.

The one time i used my own name when in a foreign league i created a backstory where i'd played part of my career in Germany, for Schalke 04 by chance. :thup: But then, i didn't manage in Germany on purpose... it was more a journeyman career.

My manager name depends on where I'm managing. If its in the UK then it will by my own name but abroad usually I make one up for example, Steaua Bucharest has Romania manager Bogdan Ionescu, I usually misspell the foreign names aswell.

I use a name of a real life footballer, usually retired i.e di canio, shearer, platini, bergkamp etc.

I also add a pic of them also which u see in ur news which i think looks cool.

Only wish SI made it that at the start when creating a manager, if u select him as internatonal footballer u can select how many caps/goals you have scored or your country

Anyone else ever thought this?

I'll choose from two names:

Mike Patton

or

my name in reverse, Reltub Nivek

Reltub Nivek looks pretty good actually. I'd imagine him to be a former Slovakian or Czech international footballer turned manager.

Which reminds me of a tactic I'd created on CM01/02 for laughs, a 1-2-3-4 that worked remarkably well (which I suppose tells you all you need to know about CM01/02), and that I'd dubbed Eertsamx. Cos, you see, it's a Christmas tree formation turned upside down, so the name was 'Xmastree' spelled backwards. Yes, it's stupid, but it amused me for a while.

I choose my name depending on the league/club i'm managing in. For example, i was managing Spurs and decided to choose a french name. In Norway i chose a scandanavian name. Managing weston super mare i chose an bland english name etc.

I never use my real name, nationality nor age, because i find it very boring. I like to immerse myself into a different world..

I always use my own name, nationality and age, but maybe I would like to use a fictional character some time. Maybe one for the future.

One thing I've always fancied is picking a favourite regen and once he has retired creating his character in a new save and then living out his managerial career.

I use my own name and Northern Irish as my Nationality for all saves. If I'm managing outside the UK I use the country that I am managing in as my second nationality. This plan goes out the window for journeyman saves where I become Silvio Berlusconi or if I set myself a target where I only buy U21's, in that case I become Frankie Boyle, Bishop Brennan or Gary Glitter. Depends on the mood

I'm always Hugo Cienfugos (Hugo of the hundred fires). English with a Cuban second nationality. May and my may discovered a South American winger with that surname, my mate studied Spanish and I was impressed with the grandeur. The Cuban link is that there is an island off Cuba called Cienfuegos.

If I add another manager he is always a 69 year old Englishman called John Doe.

My parents chose for me. :p

Exactly what I was going to put as soon as I saw the thread. A mate of mine creates a "character" for each of his saves, and I don't know why especially, but I find it strange.

I don't use my real name in my saves (except probably in one signup, and some people on the forums know my real anyways), but it's always my alter ego Canadian-HK (real nationalities) manager Ricky Nakano. Nakano is a Japanese surname, but who cares about those details..I just used it once in a signup in FM08 and it kinda stuck with name since. :p

Usually my name if I'm English or a corrupted foreign one if I manage abroad like Jack De Nissi with Italian as a 2nd nationality. I've also used Jack Denisov and my favourite Jack van der Dennison. I have also been know to delete a manager from the system and be them like Desially and become Ghana manager. Very rarely I choose a footballing legends name like Sir Bobby Robson or Aggrigo Saachi and my favourite Bela Gutmann .

Does he have an exotic name?

I normally use my own name but have in the past used names like James Cagney, Barrack Obama, John F. Kennedy or one of the Star Trek captains (not Janeway though for obvious reasons).

Archived