FM 11: who will you be

Well now we'll have Dynamic League reps i think i'll finally edit the database to add a whole league system for the USA and Canada. Clubs for each major city in each and every state, with a state champion and a state cup winner going into a North american champions league and fighting for overall dominance. If i have time i''ll expand this to incude a tiered league system with Promotion and relegation and see how that turns out. So i guess my first team would be which ever of these made-up clubs has the coolest name - probably the "Dallas Devils".

Of course, my aim would be to make my state's championship the best of them all, and be the first club to sign a world class superstar in the prime of their career!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon a couple of demo games with Man City (for the lulz) and maybe someone like Hartlepool (a relatively local side). Anyone I start a demo game with, I can't continue it in the proper game since I feel compelled to add more leagues, and I can't start over in case it doesn't go as well...

Then when the proper game comes round, I normally start a game with my beloved Boro to finally work out the ins and outs of the game, and decent free signings, before eventually starting a journeyman save either unemployed or in the A-League.

Definately with my beloved AC Milan first of all, then my local Cardiff City. From there it's usually a random to be honest. Going to go into an obscure country this time round, see if I can get the leagues reputation up.

I am doing a south american challenge.

Loading all leagues from the CONMEBOL nations and taking over a team that didnt qualify for the Copa Libatedores and win it. Then resign and wait for a job to come up with a team that hasnt qualified for it and win it with them and so on. Aim is to win it with a team from every nation. Then if i get time before 12 is out I will try and replicate my success in 10 with Wolves.

I will probably start with Chelsea or Spurs to get a feel of the changes to the system, before starting my traditional Wellington Phoenix save. Blackpool looks like an interesting challenge and I will end up in an obscure European league to truly enjoy the benefits of dynamic league rep. (I feel that making the A League the biggest in the world will be a step too far....)

I play long-term games, so with the dynamic league reputation finally implemented I will definitely be looking at taking on a lower league club outside Italy Spain and England. Also hope SI will be able to licence the German national team and the Japanese league...

Carrick Rangers from Northern Ireland is my main game, now that there is dynamic league rep i can possibly take them further than before.

Will prob have a Leeds Utd game (I support them) and i'll also have an AC Milan game.(always do a Milan game).

I'm really not sure this year,every year since I can remember I've always been Torquay (my 2nd fav team),then go where game takes me and normally end up at Tottenham (1st team obviously).

But this year I've stayed at Torquay right from the start and won everything possible with them. I do know it will be a lower league team as I always like to build them up. But which one I don't have a clue,maybe I'll let the wife pick a team for me?

I will start off just loading the game and having a look around picking any team but not really getting into it. Then I will start a main game with Chelsea of which I can't seem to get into in 09 and my aim will of course to become the most dominant club in world football, create a better youth policy (like Arsenal but with slightly less youth inlufence) and to generally just dominate.

When a new FM game comes out I generally manage Man Utd for 1-2 seasons (support them) and then during the 2nd season or at the end I try to take on a struggling / relegated championship side for my "5 year plans". Ie avoiding championship relegation to European football in 5 years.

Really looking forward to FM2011, really like the changes they introduced.

I would have started with Southampton, Newcastle, Chelsea or possibly Hibs but the dynamic leagues mean I will opt for Shakhtar Donetsk, I want to make the Ukrainian league the best in the world, just because in reality it is an overlooked league.

I will more than likely start with Sunderland (the team I support) and take them to domestic and European glory, before moving on to Glasgow Rangers who I have a soft spot for.

I think Leeds could be a good team to be on FM11 so will probably start a game with them at some stage.

With the dynamic leagues coming into affect me and my friends are gonna start a game with Anderlecht, Club Brugge and Standard Liege.

Normally I dont play a single player game but this year im gonna take over either Morecambe or Lancaster :p

Should be a challenge

Wycombe Wanderers and i'm tempted to have a crack at one of the Small Club to Big Club challenges in the CSE forum, but probably not dafuge's due to the new dynamic league rep! :D

I've really got no idea, and with the addition of dynamic league reputation I'm not even sure which country I'll be in.

You've got to at least have a crack at your own challenge surely? Even if you just complete it & then move on to another challenge, because after all, that shouldn't take you too long should it? ;)

I always use thwe demo to get used to the game and use my own team Spurs as they have some dosh and start with decent playeras. This enables me to get used to the tactics and way the new FM11 changes work.

Then when the real game arrives I get started on one of many Lower League career games with the aim of travelling the world for glory :)

I'll probably start with Spurs to try and get accustomed to the game a bit and see if I can win the league in 2 or 3 seasons. Once I've done that I'll probably start a career from as low as my laptop can handle.

You should be Blackpool! They made some good signings with a small budget, be a good challenge.

As for me, i will start with the team i support, Reading! :)

Then ill go wherever seems interesting! :p

Andy

1st off i'll start with my local team Cambridge United in the Blue Square Bet Premier. Always kick of a game with them.

Then it will be either to Liverpool, Napoli or Le Havre depending on the challenge i want at the time. All teams i manage on every FM.

I played Manchester United on 2010, because their 3d models were the best. The goalies did not look generic, like the rest of the goalies of the world. They had the trademark Manchester United V across their goalie shirts. And, of course, the Manchester United squad looked not too bad with their kits--that V across the chests make it swell for me and the color scheme (red/white, white/blue, black kits, etc..).

I couldn't get into other teams because of plain (or ugly) 3d kit models, especially the goalies (all green, no please).

This year, Manchester United god rid of that V for their home kits and their goalie outfits. It would probably be the same in 2011. Ehhhhh, what team to play now....

Yeah, it's all about the aesthetics for me when I play games.

I'll try, again, to get Chelmsford City up the footballing ladder. I'll probably fail, again, but at least I'll have tried. Then I'll work my way around Europe with medium sized teams trying to build them up (your Bayer Leverkusen's and Rennes' of the footballing world).

Archived