FM 11: who will you be

On the FM2011 demo, I will almost certainly be Liverpool fc. However, my 1st proper game could be with Liverpool, or Ajax or Benfica, or even someone else....probably depends on what mood i'm in when I get the game.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will choose my team as I always did in the last few years:

- I will use a random number generator and pick 5 numbers

- I will load those countries which correspond to that number in order, loading three tiers from that country

- I will start unemployed with an amateur footballer experience

- I will wait until half season and then applying for every job from whatever league

Aston Villa

I was a season into an FM10 editor game where i could, only sign english players - unfortunately i got over excited on the editor and set prize money in the FA cup to £10mil for a win at each stage (thought this would help lower league teams invest in youth and feed my all conquering if slightly BNP Villa side)

game would not regenerate for second season so im half way into october and not a single league game has even been scheduled yet!

so ill probably do it again!

I will choose my team as I always did in the last few years:

- I will use a random number generator and pick 5 numbers

- I will load those countries which correspond to that number in order, loading three tiers from that country

- I will start unemployed with an amateur footballer experience

- I will wait until half season and then applying for every job from whatever league

I like that, I will try it when I cannot decide which team to choose :)

I'll be playing a game with Man Utd for sure.

Once that is done i will play a game where i start unemployed, I do one every game. Ended up with Crystal Palace in my last one after starting with Wycombe and then taking over Swindon and finally on to Palace.

I will then manage a club in either Spain, Italy or France.

Then seeing as we are coming off a World Cup i might even start and international game where i manage England, Scotland and Wales.

Other Teams that interest me:

Blackpool

Southampton

Benfica

PSG

Middlesboro

Everton

Ajax

On FM2010 I went against my norm and started with Everton (the team I support) which turned into a long term (22 season) save, I usually start in the lowest tier available in England, but I didn't for some reason this year. I will go back to my normal this year as I miss LLM and the feeling you get when you make it big time. I will probably start with Dorchester, Weymouth or another team that is local to me in the Conference South.

I usualy play a game with Liverpool first. Because that is the team I support, but I also feel its good to have a game with a top team in teh start to get used to changes in tactic and stuff...

will properly have a long lasting game with Viking FK, try and get them and norwegian league big now with dynamic league reputation :D

It's gotta be Solihull Moors... all white homeshirts and all yellow away - how cool is that? Their club logo is not too shabby either! A small club with no trophy cabinet and a stadium lost due to an arson attack... just trying to get by in a town in the country with only 94,753 people. With any luck I'll be able to reproduce my achievement of straight promotion to the Premiership.

Always have and always will start the game as Leeds, play through as Leeds and finish the game as Leeds. Somewhere in the middle though i'll defo be having the England job, hopefuly FM11 will have the 2018 World Cup in England.

Only one team for me, Grimsby Town! Quick game with them before I take over a nice little team punching above their weight a bit but have a solid team and are a good challenge. A team like Doncaster or Watford. Burton or Bristol Rovers? Them kind of clubs, you all know the ones!

I'll take the worst team in the worst division of one of the worst country in Europe and try and take them to European Champions, and as an extra challenge try and win the World Cup with that country. Should keep me occupied for the whole year. I'm thinking Eastern Europe will probably be my stomping ground, Latvia/Estonia/Lithuania if they're playable leagues.

After a more than controversial entry into the Europa League, and with one of the most enigmatic years in the history of the club, my hometown's team Villarreal will be without a doubt my first team. This year, the likes of Venta, Pires and Ibagaza have left to make room for the youngsters, who had such a great year in Spanish' second division (remember the name of Jefferson Montero). I would like to see where I can take a team with lots of youth and talent, but not lots of experience from the attacking midfield up. And I do kind of want to see Marchena with the yellow shirt in the polished 3D mode :D

Well, either I`ll be taking up the dafuge challenge (hopefully I`ll stick with it for once), or I`ll try my hand at various clubs.

- Vitesse (The Netherlands), although I`m not so fond of the new owner ... but let`s see what I can do to get my youths in the first team rather than second string players from bigger clubs.

- Hayes & Yeading (BSP), simply because it once was the lowest league playable and I picked them. Grew fond of the team though, so I always push out a manager to play with them.

- Guess I`ll try a third one as well. I`ve tried Prescot before, but also Groene Ster and a long time ago I simply used a manager to switch teams every few years. Guess I`ll see what the third one will be.

Same as you mate. Leeds start to finish with a bit of England On the side

Beauty of FM11 is i doubt i'll have to make many signings, the squad looks good now with the signing of Ross McCormack. Hopefuly we'll sign Callum Davenport though i'm a bit miffed that Robert Koren wasn't even considered by Grayson.

Blackpool first as I support them.

Then Fleetwood Town as theyre relatively local and look a decent challenge in the BSP.

Then off to a random country and see this Dynamic league system.

Then probably back to Blackpool but me and my mates in the youth setup with random stats and probably carry that on till FM12

I generally start off as Man Utd for a season or 2 get used to the new features and then switch to a long term Cardiff City save! Going to enjoy managing Craig Bellamy in the Championship

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, im looking for ideas for the team i should take over in FM 11. i want a challenge from usually taking over at man utd.

so im open to suggestions to any leagues in the world. im thinking an average team with a bit of a challenge to move on and progress you career and take over bigger jobs.

so leave your suggestions or even the teams your thinking of taking over....

Hey, im looking for ideas for the team i should take over in FM 11. i want a challenge from usually taking over at man utd.

so im open to suggestions to any leagues in the world. im thinking an average team with a bit of a challenge to move on and progress you career and take over bigger jobs.

so leave your suggestions or even the teams your thinking of taking over....

Are you kidding me with this thread?

Archived