England - The Road to 2012 (now featuring Wayne Rooney) but not his touch

jmr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't. I can see England starting like this.

----------------------Hart--------------------

Jones-------Cahill----------Terry-------Cole

-------------Gerrard------Parker------------

Walcott------------Lampard----------Milner

--------------------Welbeck-----------------

I prefer that to the last suggestion. Roy is a pretty staunch 442 manager though.

Oh dear how Downing always gets in the squad is beyond me! Adam Johnson in over him all day! and would of also took Micah Richards and Carrick in over Henderson for standbyes atleast and possibly over Parker after his injury fears atm

Carrick has never shown any form for England in the past, like a rabbit in headlights no matter what his club form at the time. I doubt he wants to be on standby either.

I'd take Adam Johnson all day long over Downing for sure. Lennon misses out them, not sure if that's surprising at all, not really, I guess.

I did say a couple of months back I thought Sturridge would miss out. We're all convinced Wellbeck to start the opening game but it may well be Defoe or even Carroll.

No need to tinkering in the friendlies, Hodge should be knowing how he wants to play and instructing the players from now until tournament and trying to get close to that in those friendlies with perhaps a Plan B element to the Belgium game

Carrick has never shown any form for England in the past, like a rabbit in headlights no matter what his club form at the time. I doubt he wants to be on standby either.

Played well in a game vs Germany (?) iirc

Archived