Who will win Euro 2016

Astafjevs

Who will win Euro 2016?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Euro 2016?

I predicted some time ago that France would beat Spain in the Final, and I'm standing by that. Home advantage could be very significant for them, just like it was in 1984 and 1998.

Going to be patriotic and a little bit insane & say Wales.

They could be the dark horse. Did well in qualifying and they have Bale. I think they will beat England and top the group. Will put a cheeky fiver on them to go all the way.

Portugal. Not exactly an objective vote by me cause I support them because of Fernando Santos. They 've got Cristiano Ronaldo up front and a good defence because of the well structured, rigid tactics of Santos. Moreover, I don't believe that Spain or France are as good this year as most people seem to think so I would say Germany are propably the front runners but if I have to bet on a suprise winner that would be Portugal.

England, i dont normally fancy us and I dont believe we are anywhere near the best team in the competition. But sometimes **** floats and its our turn to be the awkward son of a bitch that just wont go away.

like the analogy:lol:

It seems really open this year.

France at home and seem to have a strong squad, Spain maybe gone downhill a little in the last couple of years, Germany/Italy also seem to be struggling more than usual.

Certainly scope for some surprise semi finalists.

It seems really open this year.

France at home and seem to have a strong squad, Spain maybe gone downhill a little in the last couple of years, Germany/Italy also seem to be struggling more than usual.

Certainly scope for some surprise semi finalists.

I don't think it's open at all. I think Spain, Germany and France are miles ahead of all others. Surely one of those three teams will win it, again. I think it's France's turn but I do suspect the pressure may be too great, specially with the weight of the achievements the 1984 and 1998 teams did at home.

If I have to choose a 4th favourite it's England best of the rest probably. With Belgium (spectacular amount of talent that doesn't fit each other as a team) next and ourselves (Portugal). Then Italy, who aren't terrible and have got a good coach, but still probably have the worst squad of all time.

Continuing to rank the teams, and now well into surprise territory, Croatia probably stands out but lacks substance beyond their midfield.

France for me, have thought for a while that they've built a great squad and developed a good first 11. Outside bet (not to win but definitely to cause some upsets) are Poland and Croatia...both have great first 11s and majority of players are at a good age in terms of experience and ability. I ended up with Spain in my work sweep, but I think they could do terrible really, also don't think Germany will win it but, like Germany, they'll be there or thereabouts. If England get to a QF then we've done well...we could either go out in the group or end up hitting a streak that takes us far.

Archived