2D Engine over 3D Engine

Let's come out of the closet people! Who here besides me enjoys the 2D engine over the 3D engine.. and why? Personally, it's because it allows me to use my imagination as to how the players are really playing on the field and it gives me a much better view of how the players are performing and what are my weak-spots. I think I'll always be a 2D Engine player and, in my opinion, I'm sure there will be many who will disagree with me, 3D was a step backwards in the series.

If they ever remove 2D, they better be making 3D better than FIFA's current engine, which is still weak.. in my opinion. Ofc. :D

There is only 1 engine.

But in terms of 2D versus 3D view, I use 3D for match watching and 2D for analysis, they each have benefits over the other.

Not sure why we need a bi-monthly entrenchment thread, there's room for everyones preference, noone is being forced to use one or other.

2d all the for me. 3d will have to improve a hell of a lot before i'll be convinced that it'll be an improvement thats needed for the game as a whole to improve.

i would gladly have the effort put into other areas to improve the game rather trying to make it look flashy we 3d. at the moment a i see it as a gimmic that is not needed for a football management game

3D for me, gives you a much better idea of how your tactics are developing and how subtle changes have been incorperated than a load of dots imo. I also want to see how my team are performing as opposed to using my imagination, don't really get that argument to be honest.

3D for me, gives you a much better idea of how your tactics are developing and how subtle changes have been incorperated than a load of dots imo. I also want to see how my team are performing as opposed to using my imagination, don't really get that argument to be honest.

Hear, here! Television > radio, too, for you 2D dotheads.

I don't get the argument that watching some stock 3D animations gives you anymore information about how your team is performing tactically, but fair enough.

Any chance of the OP making this a poll? I'd be interested to know what sort of percentage of players use 3D/2D/Commentary.

I only use 2D classic.

I can use my imagination.

Seeing tactics is easier this way.

Shirt nos. are always visible. So you can know "who" is going where.

Pretty much for these reasons, I think I'll only use 3D when the graphics are really good, I mean like "PES good" but for me FM will always be the little dots :D You can always imagine your players pulling off a great dribble and then shooting with the outside of the foot instead of the "SNES-like" motion in the 3D

I always try 3d when a new version comes out but soon go back to 2d,have been playing 2d in fm 10 loving it and have not gone back! will try 3d on the fm 11 demo but if it does not meet my expectations will be 2d all the way!

I also only watch games in 2D classic view, I much prefer the all encompassing viewpoint and it leaves some things to my imagination still. The Match Day 2D view I find very annoying, it zooms in to the field too much and makes using the information panels frustrating.

2D Classic, extended highlights, is all you need. :p

I really don't care about the 3D. I see why people like it, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not interested.

I'd rather play in 2D. Something about the imagination factor, being able to see all of the dots from above, always having the player numbers visible. That sort of thing.

I can't honestly imagine switching to 3D and I really dislike the idea of the stadiums coming up in FM11 and that sort of thing. It's all in my head and I don't want it ruined by seeing a 3D representation of it that can never match my imagination. I'm happy with my dots thanks! :cool:

2D reminds me of when the first colour television's came out, with 3D now it's like having the 3D tv for the first time, it's like comparing a cheese burger to a piece of steak, 3D is the future and 2D is for the past.

Archived