Special valentines day offer

• SI Staff

Over the past few years SI and SEGA have often been accused of failing to enter the romantic spirit by releasing data updates and patches for the Football Manager series on St. Valentine’s day.

But this year with data updating, coding and testing still ongoing for the forthcoming data update and patch, we've decided to offer all of our users the chance to earn some brownie points in advance of its release later this month so you can bag yourself maximum play time!

We've therefore teamed up with our friends at Arena Flowers - the leading online florist in the UK - who are offering FM players a 7.5% discount across their whole range of flowers and gifts for Valentine’s Day!

They don't just deliver in the UK, but also to America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Japan, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland, Norway, Russia, India, Sweden, Greece & Austria.

Go to http://footballmanager.com/index.php?p=article&newsid=3913 for a link, and the redeeming details.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say thanks for the massive 7.5% off but part of me thinks....

1. The new patch is taking longer than you thought so need to deflect from that.

2. SI seem to have a lot of very unhappy customers at the moment and its them that need the brownie points not us. (please also note SI have alot of happy customers also).

good offer. i bet they did this reluctantly though...7.5% bit stingy.

Most florists don't discount at all on Valentines day as they tend to be extremely busy and have a lot of business. If anything you normally see a mark-up...

Arena just love us, though, so they were happy to help...:) I'm not sure you'll find a better offer.

1. The new patch is taking longer than you thought so need to deflect from that.

Oh, the crushing cynicism... Miles patch strategy stated that there would be a patch at the end of Feb / early March - I'd suggest that kind of statement on February 10th may be a little premature!

2. SI seem to have a lot of very unhappy customers at the moment and its them that need the brownie points not us. (please also note SI have alot of happy customers also).

i´d rather wait some days longer for the patch to have a proper version than getting the patch earlier and still buggy.

• Administrators
Could you then please tell me the dates of the past fm patches. i.e. fm09, fm08, fm07

In the past we have released around Valentines Day, but this year it was said well well in advance we'd be looking at a late Feb/Early March release.

My wife prefers a new phone over flowers and she wants a new phone quite often. :mad:

Also I am sharing my FM time with her "Facebook Farm" time (time aka PC!).

It's a disaster. :mad:

Had the exact same problems with the missus and facebook, just buy yourself a new laptop, everyone´s happy and FM running fast for me finally :-)

I think the people of SI should invite some of these doubters to come and see how hard it must be to produce a simple update or patch. some companys just produce a game and thats it plus SI have no legal obligation to produce patches and stuff so get off theyre backs and relax and wait for the new patch. I personally think FM10 is an awesome game think the guys at SI should be thanked rather than verballhy attacked. sorry for rant lol.

FM07 & FM08 were on valentines day if I recall correctly.

FM09 patch 3 was on Feb 26th.

I'm pretty sure both were, yeah.

FWIW: it's Valentines' Day. The apostrophe I can forgive, but the capital letters? ;)

I think Valentines' is just commercial exploitation, but I'll buy some Shrove Tuesday flowers :D

They don't just deliver in the UK, but also to America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Japan, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland, Norway, Russia, India, Sweden, Greece & Austria.

Wish my missus was in Japan for Valentine's day, sadly she's likely to be sat in the house getting on my moobs just like any other Sunday.

I think the people of SI should invite some of these doubters to come and see how hard it must be to produce a simple update or patch. some companys just produce a game and thats it plus SI have no legal obligation to produce patches and stuff so get off theyre backs and relax and wait for the new patch. I personally think FM10 is an awesome game think the guys at SI should be thanked rather than verballhy attacked. sorry for rant lol.

First off my friend could you point me to where anyone in this thread has "verbally attacked" anyone. If it is towards me that your comment was intended then better get back in your box. I am sure that even the people in the highest positions at SI would appologise for selling a game with faults. The fact that they are honest and do something about it is the reason why they keep most of their custom. I love comments like yours

"I think the people of SI should invite some of these doubters to come and see how hard it must be to produce a simple update or patch. some companys just produce a game and thats it plus SI have no legal obligation to produce patches and stuff "

1. They have as much time to release a game as any other company. SI choose their own release date.

2. You are correct the dont have a legal obligation to produce patches to fix their game, but how many customers would pay for next years game?

Oh and thanks for the flowers offer but even with the massive 7% off, 12 red roses are still £4 more expensive than with Interflora.

this is just down right disgusting and unacceptable from si

we pay you for a full working game on the 30th of oct 2009 . and some 5 months later you offer us 7% off flowers

just disgusting i shall never by your game again .

mybe your fan boys will love the deal .

but i can see str8 though it .. as your % will be much better

we pay you for a full working game on the 30th of oct 2009 . and some 5 months later you offer us 7% off flowers

2nsqdr5.jpg

Well regardless of what others have said I appreciate the offer.

I've ordered my wife some flowers for the day after Valentine's Day as she goes on holiday that day with the kids (I can't get time off :().

But.....the suprise is sort of ruined as I had to use her bank card as it didn't take my Maestro card so had to tell her I'd bought her something for the Monday. :D

Oh well, thanks again SI even at 39 we can still be romantic sort of. :p

Hey, if I look through one of your ears, do I see out of your other ear? Seems like there wouldn't be an awful lot stopping me really.

I was just thinking earlier on today I had better go to my local florist's to get she who must be obeyed some flowers. After seeing this offer though it saves me the hassle. Just ordered for Sunday delivery.

Out of interest I take it someone at SI has used them before and can vouch for their service etc?

Cant beleave what i am reading. I will say again, even with the discount these flowers are still more expensive than Interflora etc etc. come on guys dont get ripped off.

Billy, if you can find flowers that you want to give to someone cheaper elsewhere than by all means go for it. You are under no obligation to take up the offer that we've put forward.

We try to offer things throughout the year, not just at launch, to reward our community and give them a bit of thanks. Those efforts don't detract anyone from working on the game or the patch, people like Matt, Dave, Joe or I at SEGA aren't involved in the making of the game and believe me, you wouldn't want us to be!

The patch has always been sue for late Feb / early March and that has not changed.

As I say, if you don't like this offer of money off, or don't think it's for you then fair enough, I'm sorry you don't like it. Just pretend we didn't offer you it and wait for the next offer / freebie / competition and I hope you prefer that.

Thanks

Ben

First off my friend could you point me to where anyone in this thread has "verballhy"? attacked anyone. If it is towards me that your comment was intended then better get back in your box. I am sure that even the people in the highest positions at SI would appologise for selling a game with faults. The fact that they are honest and do something about it is the reason why they keep most of their custom. I love comments like yours.

1. When you picked up on quininho's spelling, you abused him!

2. It's spelt apologise, maybe even apologize in some places! If your going to pull someone on their spelling then you need to make sure your spelling is squeaky clean first! Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that....

i´d rather wait some days longer for the patch to have a proper version than getting the patch earlier and still buggy.

Wait for the patch that fixes the patch for the patch? SI are completely useless tbh since FM series started.

Not 1 version has been bug free and they cant be bothered to make a bug free game, they just want your money son.

Could you then please tell me the dates of the past fm patches. i.e. fm09, fm08, fm07

What does it matter when patches for PREVIOUS games were released? It has been quite clearly stated from the begining that the 3rd patch would be out late Feb/early March. i fail to see your issue when you have been quite clearly informed when the patch will be out.

Cant beleave what i am reading. I will say again, even with the discount these flowers are still more expensive than Interflora etc etc. come on guys dont get ripped off.

It is people like you that make me wonder why SI even bother going to the trouble they do each year. This may not be the cheapest deal you can get but it is a nice offer/gesture from SI and they should be applauded for it.

Anyway, I've had a brilliant FM related Valentine's idea. I will snap my FM09 disk to show her how much she means to me.

Gold idea.

Thanks for the offer SI but i am one of those lucky people whose wife doesn't believe in Valentines day so i don't need to fork out for all the commercial crap.

Archived