Tonight! For one night only! The Tenth Annual FMCU Awards!

Deisler26

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thank you, Half Man Half Biscuit!"

"We're onto award #5 now, Best FMCU Story. Weaving a narrative, or at the very least, not posting just screenshots and basic facts, can be a tough thing. These guys make it seem easy!"

"Both @King Costly and @pheelf made it into the voting for this one, but the winner was @oriole01 for 'From Witness Protection to Delicious Redemption' and Yes, yes, I believe he will be let out of Security to accept his award.. Congratulations!"

*muted applause*

Edited by Deisler26

38 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Congrats to @scousevasey @_Ben_and @Stuniverseand I hope you enjoy your night together. :applause:

I won't bother congratulating @Makoto Nakamurayet because there will be plenty of time for that after each subsequent award he wins. ;)

It all depends on the potency of the grapefruit juice at the afterparty...

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

Image result for female red carpet reporter

"Hi @oriole01!"

"Congratulations on your award. Does this mean you're a bit of a Jackanory?"

The fact that I had to look up what the hell a Jackanory was probably won't increase my standing among all you across-the-ponders, but in my opinion, there ain't nothin' wrong with being the bad guy... *laughs in Carlo Ancelotti*
giphy.gif

Cheers for the award, everybody. I haven't gotten into this new thread as much as I would have liked to yet narrative-wise, but I'm glad you guys appreciate what's already been written, and the potential is there for more to come. To win this award two years in a row is something special to me as a writer :). Here's to more fraudulence in 2020!

"Oh boy! What a show we have had so far! Some shocks, some sure things, a little sprinkling of casual racism! We've had it all!"

And now to award #6. The FMCU Best Fountain of Youth Award. For those who tread the path of Youth Only. 

I had a strong showing in this category with no less than three votes, so bless all three of you. However, there was only going to be one winner and it is, the glorious, the long winded, Infiltrating Germany. Hans off my Croatians! by @Makoto Nakamura

*loud applause*

5 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

The fact that I had to look up what the hell a Jackanory was probably won't increase my standing among all you across-the-ponders, but in my opinion, there ain't nothin' wrong with being the bad guy... *laughs in Carlo Ancelotti*
giphy.gif

Cheers for the award, everybody. I haven't gotten into this new thread as much as I would have liked to yet narrative-wise, but I'm glad you guys appreciate what's already been written, and the potential is there for more to come. To win this award two years in a row is something special to me as a writer :). Here's to more fraudulence in 2020!

The bad guy? That's quite a change of career for this bloke:

GlamorousCooperativeCero-size_restricted.gif.1a36a34222003b7267b2fc300b119399.gif

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

"I did ask Zlatan to help me host tonight. but he said something about naked roundhouse kicks and balls deep in a Swedish milk maid. So I'm doing it on my own! 

The first award of the evening is the FMCU Best Newcomer Award! This award is one of the better ones that you can have. It shows that you have truly arrived on the FMCU stage...

So, without further ado, let us find out the winner.... *rips*

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! IT'S A THREE WAY TIE!! The joint winners are @Stuniverse, @_Ben_ & @scousevasey

*applause*

Thank you, @Deisler26. I’m honoured.

Just now, Deisler26 said:

Don't thank me! Thank the people that voted for you!

I didn’t realise there was voting. Thank you to everybody who voted for me!

"Thank you Half Man, Half Biscuit!"

"Now we come to the award for Best Retro Career, this award is given to those who slave away with older FM's than the current one for whatever reason they have. Being poor mainly."

"So, this year's winner is... *rips* WE HAVE A TIE AGAIN!! Both @scousevasey and @withnail316 share the award, with props to @rodesire, @sjg11 and @sourgrapes11 for getting votes too!"

*applause*

2 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

"Now we come to the award for Best Retro Career, this award is given to those who slave away with older FM's than the current one for whatever reason they have. Being poor mainly."

"So, this year's winner is... *rips* WE HAVE A TIE AGAIN!! Both @scousevasey and @withnail316 share the award, with props to @rodesire, @sjg11 and @sourgrapes11 for getting votes too!"

*applause*

I might retire now.

Completely dumbfounded that I have earned votes again

"Here we go! It's time for Best FMCU Thread Name"

"This is the only award that I have ever won and I have had at least one vote in this category every year... apart from this one.. Still.. here we go..

*rips envelope open*

The winner is... "I got 1860 Problems, But Youth Intake Ain't One" by @turnip! Congratulations!!!

*applause*

"Right. time is short and we've only paid the band til 10, so we'll crack on with the last two awards!"

"The penultimate award is for the FMCU Manager of the Year. A lot of illustrious names have won this award. And this year is no exception". *rips*

"The winner, by a massive distance, is @Makoto Nakamura"

*bored applause*

"Errrr... thanks Anne."

"And now... for the final award of the night. The FMCU Best Thread award. Many are called. Most fall by the wayside, but sometimes, just sometimes, the cream rises to the top."

"Let's add some spice to this one.."

"In joint 3rd Place, with one vote: 'Barnet: How High Can They Go' by @scott92507

'The Hart Chronicles IV' by @PaulHartman71"

"In joint 2nd Place, with two votes: 'Kosovo's Rise' by @MarcxD

'French Lingerie' by @Jimbokav1971"

"And your winner is....'INFILTRATING GERMANY. HANS OFF MY CROATIANS!" by @Makoto Nakamura"

47 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

*applause*

Being poor is right!

Thanks once again to all who voted for me, and congrats to @scousevasey

That was a hilarious award ceremony, well done @Deisler26! Oh and the winners too!

Should've voted but tbh have been a bit away from the forums this year. I've noticed people have kept having fun with some very nice careers though! 

Need to update the excel sheet with the all-time winners, where the hell is that. @Makoto Nakamuraby now probably has more awards than anyone else combined in the history of the forums. :D

14 minutes ago, noikeee said:

That was a hilarious award ceremony, well done @Deisler26! Oh and the winners too!

Should've voted but tbh have been a bit away from the forums this year. I've noticed people have kept having fun with some very nice careers though! 

Need to update the excel sheet with the all-time winners, where the hell is that. @Makoto Nakamuraby now probably has more awards than anyone else combined in the history of the forums. :D

He's the Real Madrid of the forum. No doubt. 

Ndjili International Airport, Kinshasa, 00:30, 9th October 2019

A fat, black man and a white, tall and slender figure is walking through the airport. 
The slender man is carrying four bags as he is pushing two trolleys packed with more bags and suitcases.

"Boss, you really need all this luggage? All Mumbu's stuff is in Mumbu's favorite bag. The Minnie Mouse one. Minnie Mouse is Mumbu's Idol, Boss."

Nelson ignored Mumbu and flamboyantly opened his arms wide and whispered to no-one.

"Just wait Anne... I'm coming for you. You won't see me, but I'll be there. Hiding in the corner of the room. And then... Suddenly. BOOM! There I am dressed in my-" 

"But boss. Didn't the event start 4 hours ago?" 

"No...  you peasant. I checked the calendar invite in Zlatan's calendar. It said it was 20:00 on the 10th October."

"Oh right, Boss. You had to hack into Zlatan's calendar to see the invite because you didn't gets it. Rights Boss?"

"Shut up Mumbu you peasantface."

The day after when they arrived at the venue for the award show.

"Here I am Annie! Come to pappa!"

The venue laid empty of any football celebrities, the decorations was changed and Anne was nowhere to be seen.

Instead, the venue was being re-decorated for the night's main event. Pensioners-bingo. 

Several hours later, Nelson laid asleep under a table next to an 80-year old woman and Mumbu left with the main prize. A 3lbs glazed ham. 

Oh, and nice work on the awards show @Deisler26 and congrats to all the winners! 
Next year I promise to make a return to the scene. It's been too long!

Edited by Benjoe

11 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Thank you all for your votes! Every year I tell myself I'll do less careers, and every year I end up doing more than the previous.

I only have one save idea for FM20 at the moment so I'll try and spam the forum less! :lol:

I think you need a -3 award handicap next year ;)

11 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Congrats to all of the winners, especially the newbies breeding new life into the sub form and @Jimbokav1971 who has had the thread that I’ve followed the most closely this year. 

Well done @Deisler26 on taking over from Delta and running it so smoothly! 

Here’s to another 10 years of the forum. 

Thanks very much. 

I'm honestly not really sure what it is I do that deserves recognition as best poster, but I will admit to making a conscious effort this year to read and contribute to other threads. It's hard when you follow a @Makoto Nakamurathread that takes as much time to read as you planned on playing your own save for. :lol:

amazing awards congratulations to all the winners, been so busy with real life I also didn't see the voting thread!

Amazed and honoured to even get a mention any category, especially the Journeyman save one. Only fitting that @Makoto Nakamura should win it, the person whose threads inspired me to try it. Plus I can't really call myself a Journeyman when I haven't left Zimbabwe yet!

Soon though I shall return!

Thanks for putting on a good show @Deisler26.

Congratulations to all the deserved winners who have created some brilliant reads over the last year clearly putting a lot of time and effort into their threads.

Thanks to all those that nominated me and to those that contribute to this section of the forum which make it what it is.

Onward and upwards.

Cheers :applause: