Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Depends what you are talking about, really. Bugs that prevent the game being critically playable, absolutely, and those are fixed as a priority by the team.

But then you've posted about 2 issues since the pre-release beta and complained elsewhere. It's not that unreasonable to expect bugs you want fixed, to be reported yourself. 

The day the game is abandoned the day there is no more FM. It's in constant development. SI are fixing the game more than ever and have a public beta for people to opt into now. You might not like a certain bug that bothers you isn't fixed, but you can't complain if you don't bother to report it.

In the specific, I haven't been reporting bugs since the pre-release beta because I refunded the game after the final beta patch.  I didn't think it augured well for the future direction of the 19 match engine, and have enough other entertainment options without spending time and money on FM.  In general, though, lack of PKMs or saves isn't the reason striker movement, throw-in marking, new contract demands or defensive heading and backpass decisions aren't up to snuff.  There are dozens of save games and PKMs for these issues. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

In the specific, I haven't been reporting bugs since the pre-release beta because I refunded the game after the final beta patch.  I didn't think it augured well for the future direction of the 19 match engine, and have enough other entertainment options without spending time and money on FM.  In general, though, lack of PKMs or saves isn't the reason striker movement, throw-in marking, new contract demands or defensive heading and backpass decisions aren't up to snuff.  There are dozens of save games and PKMs for these issues. 

Fair play and the right decision for you if that's how you feel and ultimately you don't enjoy the game.

The match engine is incredibly complex that there will always be some areas for improvement. If you're not enjoying it and don't think it's for you then that's fair enough. But it's far from straight forward as you make out, with save games and PKMs for the issues you mention they are always under development and marked for improvement with every patch and release of the game. I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that, despite you saying it is because you think a fix will make it perfect. If it really were as simple as you seem to want it would have been resolved already. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Fair play and the right decision for you if that's how you feel and ultimately you don't enjoy the game. 

The match engine is incredibly complex that there will always be some areas for improvement. If you're not enjoying it and don't think it's for you then that's fair enough. But it's far from straight forward as you make out, with save games and PKMs for the issues you mention they are always under development and marked for improvement with every patch and release of the game. I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that, despite you saying it is because you think a fix will make it perfect. If it really were as simple as you seem to want it would have been resolved already. 

I didn't say perfect, and there's a big space between perfect and 'don't use throw-in routines in FM2019' (though in fairness, that was a mod, not a developer).  I'd be much, much more positive about all of this if the tweaks and changes being worked on for FM2020 would be pushed to FM2019 as well. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I didn't say perfect, and there's a big space between perfect and 'don't use throw-in routines in FM2019' (though in fairness, that was a mod, not a developer).  I'd be much, much more positive about all of this if the tweaks and changes being worked on for FM2020 would be pushed to FM2019 as well. 

Sometimes that just isn't possible because what it would take to improve it requires other feature work to be implemented also, so that the fixes are most effective. 

It's hard to say and we can only speculate from the outside what that might take. Raising the feedback constructively is always helpful and they will take it on board but they will also weigh up issues reported with others in terms of priority. Has to be done this way otherwise we'd be waiting longer and have less patches.

20 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

And I don't really believe in those theories, but it's just ridiculous how your conversion rate drops as soon as you dominate games and have like 20+ shots.

It's like the game compensates for bad defensive mechanisms by reducing the conversion rate.

The reason you've at all ever dominated the shot Counts this consistently is because the opposing AI has been this much concerned with defending and defending and defending so much. They mean ****, btw. The better the game starts to finally communicating this to Players, the better off they are. On this release and on any release thereafter.

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

The reason you've at all ever dominated the shot Counts this consistently is because the opposing AI has been this much concerned with defending and defending and defending so much. They mean ****, btw.

Yeah, except that every single striker, from Sunday league one to top class player just smashes the ball in every single 1on1 situation.
80% of them go either straight at the keeper or way off target.
Haven't seen a single player round the keeper, chip him or place a shot. It's just smash it and hope for the best.
Those situation where strikers shoot from like 20m away when they have a clear path towards the goal are especially entertaining.

17 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, except that every single striker, from Sunday league one to top class player just smashes the ball in every single 1on1 situation.
Haven't seen a single player round the keeper, chip him or place a shot. It's just smash it and hope for the best.
Those situation where strikers shoot from like 20m away when they have a clear path towards the goal are especially entertaining.

What ever happened to rounding the keeper? Didn't that used to be a thing? Overhead kicks too.

1 hour ago, Tiger666 said:

Overhead kicks too

Check your goals type, guarantee there's a few that you'll probably never seen or even know possible. Apparently I scored 6 overhead kicks and i've watched all my goals and not once have I seen one go in. 

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

No.

Again, no.

Haven't seen a single player round the keeper, chip him or place a shot.

Unfortunate... I've seen plenty of those.

I'm one of that lucky few that got a really good version of FM19. I see all kinds of goals, truly entertaining football, and very few of the issues so many complain about. The ME isn't perfect, and certainly needs a balancing pass for long shots and corners (not goals from corners, but the sheer number of corners per game), but I'd score it 8/10.

11 minutes ago, warlock said:

You're allowed a different opinion. I merely object to you presenting that opinion as fact.

Well, it's certainly been a fact on like a dozen of my saves.

I'll do some research on my current save tomorrow.
Both for clear cut chances and conversion ratio.
Better players, more shots, more shots on target and about the same number of goals with the same tactics. And it happened on every save.

7 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

May or may not very well be the case. My personal experience with this game#s player base is that they are absolutely terrible with judging goal chances, which they are taught by over the top football commentary on TV every week, according to which the average scoreline in Football should be 5-5, but whatever. :DHowever, I sincerely doubt you have very many of These situations when the AI again prefers to just sit Deep and soak up. In fact, I'd proprose a counter Argument. Go into the shot Analysis. Click on the shot dots in the box. Count how many of them are from open Play at all vs set piece based Affairs (on average a Header under huge pressure in a box as tightly packed as a tunafish can). Given that a set piece is basically the result of a successful defense (a shot/cross blocked, a Player fouled, the defending Team still getting a foot into Things) -- perhaps the defending part of the game may actually be overpowered in comparison to ist attacking Counterpart  (in particularly if the AI/Player contributes to it tactically some). :P 

Edited by Svenc

Happy with VAR but I've yet to see a goal actually count

.. is it possible? I know in real life it almost certainly skews to "no", and I have no issue with the decisions being made.

... But do any of these goals actually get awarded? I don't remember any in 333 hours of play heh

I'm pretty sure there's an issue where its presenting goals as overhead kicks in the analysis screen when they're not, given back when I could watch on 3D I'd apparently have scored 6 per season yet not seen any of them (and this is when looking just at competitive games, not friendlies that I skipped). 

28 minutes ago, ZoDiAC_ said:

Happy with VAR but I've yet to see a goal actually count

.. is it possible? I know in real life it almost certainly skews to "no", and I have no issue with the decisions being made.

... But do any of these goals actually get awarded? I don't remember any in 333 hours of play heh

Yeah I've seen a couple given, and where once it felt like VAR pretty much always just confirmed a penalty, occasionally it denies them too. 

6 hours ago, Svenc said:

May or may not very well be the case. My personal experience with this game#s player base is that they are absolutely terrible with judging goal chances, which they are taught by over the top football commentary on TV every week, according to which the average scoreline in Football should be 5-5, but whatever. :DHowever, I sincerely doubt you have very many of These situations when the AI again prefers to just sit Deep and soak up. In fact, I'd proprose a counter Argument. Go into the shot Analysis. Click on the shot dots in the box. Count how many of them are from open Play at all vs set piece based Affairs (on average a Header under huge pressure in a box as tightly packed as a tunafish can). Given that a set piece is basically the result of a successful defense (a shot/cross blocked, a Player fouled, the defending Team still getting a foot into Things) -- perhaps the defending part of the game may actually be overpowered in comparison to ist attacking Counterpart  (in particularly if the AI/Player contributes to it tactically some). :P 

Idk how to say this, but I'm not bloody blind and you make it sound like I'm an idiot.

I watch the game, I don't care what the shot count as in the analysis section if ME shows a player (especially when it's a good player) that just decides to blast some first time shot from 20m instead of going closer because there's noone in front of him.

5 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Idk how to say this, but I'm not bloody blind and you make it sound like I'm an idiot.

I watch the game, I don't care what the shot count as in the analysis section if ME shows a player (especially when it's a good player) that just decides to blast some first time shot from 20m instead of going closer because there's noone in front of him.

Less talking, show more proofs if you dont want to listen to others and start assuming things. You go into this feedback thread, throw some complaints around, provide 0 proofs and now are complaining about someone asking for proof.

Thats the main problem with this thread every year (not specific to you). I seriously wonder how old some of you are and if you do the same at your job/school. If I have a problem with something I need to extensively report on it before its even considered a problem. Same with FM. It even says so in the opening post.

Show the stats, show the examples, provide some proper sample size, compare it to real life to show us why it doesnt make sense and none of us can make it look like you are blind/idiot, whatever u think etc. Its really not that hard. 

27 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Its really not that hard. 

Yes, actually it's hard when I can't rewatch games properly.

The next/previous highlight feature just auto-resets to kick-off whenever I try and scroll through a couple of highlights to save those 1on1 situations.
And I can't find the option to go to specific shots because I really don't have the time or will to waste 20mins on rewatching each FM game.

I already said my part. The game is by far the best it's ever been except for actual chance conversion and those pinpoint crosses from deep.

If you can explain to me how to find those specific situations easier without having to rewatch the whole game because previous/next highlight feature is buggy, then I'll upload some highlights.

18 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

I'm getting double goalposts in my recorded videos. Any idea?

Post it in bugs forum. 

Also whats your camera angle and zoom at? looking at switching it up and it seems useful for your clip. Thanks in adv

I guess somebody will say like 'It's ok, it's your tactic' but I really tired to watch shots in GK :(

In this screenshot I played vs semi-pro team by favourite of Serie B and semipro GK blocked 14 shots.

488587746_Image2.png.2d16d9f17aafa012c824a4ae6e42113a.png

I won 2:0 and goals scored into box, but a lot from 14 shots its not about De Gea style wonders. No its just strikers with required skills 12-15 can't miss the mark of GK :lol:

1538082740_Image3.png.4b0cda022bca685d20738f61e3bf2c1c.png

Some user said that FM19 is good except ME. I think FM19 good, ME good except third stage. Hope it will be fixed in autumn :thup:

2 hours ago, BigV said:

Post it in bugs forum. 

Also whats your camera angle and zoom at? looking at switching it up and it seems useful for your clip. Thanks in adv

It's just the standard Data Analyst view I think, at work at the moment so can't check.

48 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I guess somebody will say like 'It's ok, it's your tactic' but I really tired to watch shots in GK :(

In this screenshot I played vs semi-pro team by favourite of Serie B and semipro GK blocked 14 shots.

488587746_Image2.png.2d16d9f17aafa012c824a4ae6e42113a.png

I won 2:0 and goals scored into box, but a lot from 14 shots its not about De Gea style wonders. No its just strikers with required skills 12-15 can't miss the mark of GK :lol:

1538082740_Image3.png.4b0cda022bca685d20738f61e3bf2c1c.png

Some user said that FM19 is good except ME. I think FM19 good, ME good except third stage. Hope it will be fixed in autumn :thup:

You won the match 2-0 with the opposition keeper making a decent amount of saves which you're saying is an issue (you could also argue it's his job).  Out of interest, what are you expecting from a fix in the autumn?  Winning the same match 10-0? 

I'm not trying to be funny here and I'm sure we've all seen matches where the opposition keeper has an unreal game (I have), but honestly when you win the match 2-0 and say it's an issue you hope to be fixed, what actual issue?  The keeper shouldn't be so good and therefore you didn't score enough?  How many do you think you should score?  Or are you saying you think your team had too many shots on target from inside the box and you'd like to see that amount of accurate shots reduced?  I'm genuinely confused by what you want "fixed"?

2 часа назад, herne79 сказал:

You won the match 2-0 with the opposition keeper making a decent amount of saves which you're saying is an issue (you could also argue it's his job).  Out of interest, what are you expecting from a fix in the autumn?  Winning the same match 10-0? 

I'm not trying to be funny here and I'm sure we've all seen matches where the opposition keeper has an unreal game (I have), but honestly when you win the match 2-0 and say it's an issue you hope to be fixed, what actual issue?  The keeper shouldn't be so good and therefore you didn't score enough?  How many do you think you should score?  Or are you saying you think your team had too many shots on target from inside the box and you'd like to see that amount of accurate shots reduced?  I'm genuinely confused by what you want "fixed"?

I can explain of course.
I play for Verona which media prediction is 1 for Serie B. I play game vs semi-pro team from Serie D where GK is guy with attributes:

964420129_Image1.thumb.png.529d3fe9e6f0dd697e48e11214d584de.png

Lets compare with my strikers. I guess they must have total advantage in moments of shots. Of course this semipro GK can have few saves, but 14 blocked shots from box vs professional team?
Actually as I remember prev FM versions it was more simple to win vs under-under-underdog teams like this

509623811_Image2.thumb.png.75e632cb5d5cce91bc87ff156bcfb901.png

1151042713_Image3.thumb.png.6f74ac6acb0682e54fb9a43ed7fbb5b6.png

My expectation is not about score. I repeat - its not about score. I never like easy wins because it way to lose feeling of realism and joy too.
I expect more balance and more... logicality I guess? Not sure about term. But if professional striker which decent player of Serie A has a cut chance versus semipro GK I wait this striker scores a goal at least. So this I mean 'logicality'.
Also I can say that this game vs semipro and last one in cup vs Frosisone from Serie A have no real difference in point of content. I expect it will improve too. (actually I sure that in open beta and first time after release it was a real difference in ME in compare of players skills quality, difference which you can feel). 

Actually I guess its a complex of little examples and issues which I expect to will fix. I can call it logicality in general. 
For example I like FM19 for expectation of results - ManCity finally win, spanish clubs finally not lose their UEFA rating ASAP, etc.

I wrote about all issues I worry for SI and we had a productive communication in spring.
Why I wrote this one? I guess just sad I spent few hours to hire staff and preseason and lose a joy. Sorry me for my weakness :rolleyes:

Edited by Novem9

Are you saying you were expecting your strikers to score ANY clear-cut chances they get against a goalkeeper from a division two tiers below you? That's just not how football works, otherwise major cup upsets would almost never happen.

I get the feeling that this is just confirmation bias on your part. Put it this way: would you be complaining if you were managing the underdogs who only conceded twice against the far superior team?

36 минут назад, CFuller сказал:

Are you saying you were expecting your strikers to score ANY clear-cut chances they get against a goalkeeper from a division two tiers below you?

No, I dont say this. Stop it

I guess they must have total advantage in moments of shots. Of course this semipro GK can have few saves, but 14 blocked shots from box vs professional team?

36 минут назад, CFuller сказал:

Put it this way: would you be complaining if you were managing the underdogs who only conceded twice against the far superior team?

Stop it again.
I dont see a reason to discuss with you, sorry if it rude. My prev post - My expectation is not about score. I repeat - its not about score. If you want to listen you did not answer this. But looks like you dont.

But I get last answer. I stopped to play in some saves if my underdog team showed extraresults. In the same reason I never use exploits - without rival no sence in FM. And I never use strikerless formations, 3ST or something else. I even dont use attacking mentality as regular setting

So if my team play in smart bus and I lose 0-2 its okay. If my GK blocked 14 shots into box I not satisfied. Its not about my success or lose. Its about some gaps in ME

P.S. 

Цитата

That's just not how football works

Please save me about lecture how it works. I can believe when it happens, because it looks like was different to take a nice chance for a goal

1902816262_Image5.thumb.png.c9d30f54311e65bdf322542eff0c4d46.png

But I'm sure that my example and discussion about game like this where my strikers can't score a goal from 5-10m without any barriers like CB because its no difference between young semipro GK and GK of club from Serie A.
Or strikers shot in his breast.

912510983_Image4.thumb.png.d892085b62b624e72bbdc8c2a0c6afeb.png

P.P.S.

When I read Cleon's guides he always wrote about 'context'. I dont know scenario of this game but check shots statistics.

Domination of WH? And check shots on target now

432498266_Image7.thumb.png.b59f065c03eaee7b904833e00584b403.png

So I feel that you dont analyze my message about context and dont know which moments my strikers lost in number of ten, but trigger in your head 'get agried' to me as 'collective unhappy FM character' which want to sink. I am right or not?

The same example about context btw

1599982058_Image6.thumb.png.80b2931899a3cc8be9f8359cc009a042.png

Edited by Novem9

17 минут назад, CFuller сказал:

I am still no closer to understanding the point you are trying to make.

So let stop it. It was my fault to rise this message in this thread. I can't explain more because my knowledge of English is bad.

Anyway, as I said it was a productive discussion with devs and important that they understood me and nothing else matters ^_^

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

My expectation is not about score

I understand it's not about scoring :).

I just wonder what would happen to the shots.  Would you want the players to not attempt so many accurate shots then?  Would you prefer to see more shots missing the target instead of being saved by super-human keepers?  Of course the third option is that keepers become not as good but that would result in more goals.

So I appreciate you saying it isn't about scoring but if you want keepers to be less good but still have the same shot accuracy / shot attempts, more goals would be the by-product.  If you don't want more goals then the number of accurate shots need to be reduced or shots be made less accurate.  Do you see what I mean?

33 минуты назад, herne79 сказал:

I understand it's not about scoring :).

I just wonder what would happen to the shots.  Would you want the players to not attempt so many accurate shots then?  Would you prefer to see more shots missing the target instead of being saved by super-human keepers?  Of course the third option is that keepers become not as good but that would result in more goals.

So I appreciate you saying it isn't about scoring but if you want keepers to be less good but still have the same shot accuracy / shot attempts, more goals would be the by-product.  If you don't want more goals then the number of accurate shots need to be reduced or shots be made less accurate.  Do you see what I mean?

About goals, I mean it's not a priority target.

It's a complex ideally. At first more solid defence (but not weak attack and it's so much difficult unfortunately), at second more balanced ratio/colleration. World-class strikers score more and semipro GKs blocked less, especially shots of extra class players.

Shot attempts is a result. I just want to score if it scores. No tens shots in GK. No care about score, but care about content. The same vice versa about my GK and shot attempts.

I shared some examples in pkm and it was more simple to explain + use context dictionaries. If still not explain we can stop or move to direct, both vars fine to me

Edited by Novem9

14 hours ago, Novem9 said:

About goals, I mean it's not a priority target.

It's a complex ideally. At first more solid defence (but not weak attack and it's so much difficult unfortunately), at second more balanced ratio/colleration. World-class strikers score more and semipro GKs blocked less, especially shots of extra class players.

Shot attempts is a result. I just want to score if it scores. No tens shots in GK. No care about score, but care about content. The same vice versa about my GK and shot attempts.

I shared some examples in pkm and it was more simple to explain + use context dictionaries. If still not explain we can stop or move to direct, both vars fine to me

Alright let me try and pitch in. I am just going to use one player in real life as an example. Funny thing is different sources have different numbers when it comes to shots on target, so i am only going to refer to premierleague.com

This season Mo Salah scored 22 goals in the premier league. Let's now break down his performance.

Total Shots Attempted : 137 ( https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_scoring_att)
Shots on Target : 64 ( https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/ontarget_scoring_att )

Goals : 22

So Mo Salah scores from roughly 35% of his shots on target. That means he misses nearly 65% of the time. I am not even looking at his xGa numbers cos i think these will be a better reflection, but this is just a simple analysis.  In the game going by these numbers i need to make sure my strikers get at least 4 shots inside the box to stand a chance of scoring one goal. And that these chances probably can't be poor quality chances.  Here its important to look at the whole context of a system. A tactic can be attacking as you want it to be, but if a formation decides to play with 2 defensive midfielders and only one striker then your good chances are probably going to evaporate if your tactic doesn't find a way to move those players around.  I am not suggesting that you are doing anything wrong here, but when it comes to analysing the game in particular, i do feel that people could do with better tools in the game to assess these chances. 

@Rashidi I'm not sure that's really the point tbh.
In FM19 it's more to do with strikers shooting straight at the GK far too many times.
I can understand the frustration, @Novem9 but, again, it's not necessarily the standard of the GK or the great saves he appears to make.
It's almost entirely about the lack of awareness/intelligence when a striker is through on goal and the seeming inability to shoot anywhere but right at the GK.

It becomes even more frustrating when just about any player can smash one into the top corner from 30yds. Now I'm not saying that happens all the time but somewhere earlier in this thread were a number of examples from plenty of different contributors of how the conversion rates for long shots are quite unrealistic.
And when you add that to the relatively simple one-on-one chances being squandered, it just compounds the issue.

Brazil First League Fixtures

Is this a normal? My first eleven, rotation and back up squad is dead from fatique.

brazilleaguefixtures.png

I just played a match against Man City. I was using a pretty standard 4-1-2-2 DM Wide formation while they used a 4-2-3-1. They attempted 88 crosses with 20 corner kicks.

Those are ordinary tactical choices and extraordinary statistical results that suck the realism out of the game.

8 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Brazil First League Fixtures

Is this a normal? My first eleven, rotation and back up squad is dead from fatique.

brazilleaguefixtures.png

Pretty normal if you do well in both the domestic and international cup, I had 9 in September last season but I got knocked out of the Brazilian Cup in the quarters so I imagine the 2 extra games of the semis would have given me 11, instead I got a full week off between the 22nd to the 30th. 

I have had 11 once before.

1271074806_11GamesSeptember.thumb.PNG.c768635f2d13d4d35e2e8e7fbbec4f32.PNG

I used 27 players across all competitions that season, which includes a few youngsters who only got a few state championship games, winning the league, the Brazilian Cup and losing the Libertadores in the quarters.

This game is seriously ticking me off now.  Not only, as a Mac owner, do I have to make the choice between massively slow and laggy game (normal setting), or one that crashes every 1-2 game weeks (public beta), but I have the vagaries of the ME to wind me up. 

Just played a game in League One as Northampton home v Doncaster.  It's something like 8th v 7th with a few games left in the season.  Playing the game, fairly even,  we end up the game with more shots than them (21/20).  But they win 5-2.  "Oh but look at WHERE you're shooting from" is the normal response.  "Can they be considered PROPER shots if you're just pinging them from 30 yards and they aren't in any danger of going in".  You can't just go on number of shots etc.  Trouble is, of our 21 shots, 6 were long shots, of which we scored 1.  Of their 20 shots, 16 were long shots, of which they scored 5!  Now if I play a game and the opposition only manages 4 attempts on goal from inside my penalty area, I would consider that fairly successful defensively speaking.

Looking at the last 20 games I've played, 50% of the 24 goals I've conceded are long shots, going to 30 games it's 16/35 and at 40 games it's 21/46.  So it's not like I'm conceding loads of goals, but the ones I am conceding seem to be more difficult to guard against.

Now unless I change my tactics and stick a DM or two in to try and stop all long shots I don't know what to do.  My keeper is decent but it's like a goal of the month highlights reel watching a lot of these shots fly past him.  I'm much more concerned if a CM picks up the ball 25 yards out in a bit of space than if a striker is running through one on one with my keeper.

Also, do the players follow instructions more the higher you go (League 1 is the highest I've been at) because a lot of the time I have to check my tactics to see what I've told them to do, because it sure isn't obvious from watching the games...

32 minutes ago, ExeChris said:

of our 21 shots, 6 were long shots, of which we scored 1.  Of their 20 shots, 16 were long shots, of which they scored 5! 

This seems like a pretty skewed result and one which the SI boffins may be interested in looking at as it would likely be next to impossible to re-create in house.

Possibly a good one to open a thread about in the match engine issues forum and include a copy of the match pkm.

36 minutes ago, ExeChris said:

Looking at the last 20 games I've played, 50% of the 24 goals I've conceded are long shots, going to 30 games it's 16/35 and at 40 games it's 21/46.  So it's not like I'm conceding loads of goals, but the ones I am conceding seem to be more difficult to guard against.

Now unless I change my tactics and stick a DM or two in to try and stop all long shots I don't know what to do.

With regards to this wider issue, if you are struggling to think of what else you may be able to do, you might find it useful to open a thread in the Tactics and Training forum, detail your tactical setup and see if anyone could offer other thoughts or ideas.  I'm not saying "it's your tactic" but there may be something else to at least try out which you haven't thought of yet.

Since playing with a DM I've not conceded a single goal from long range (apart from direct free kicks). Rashidi's FM university YouTube video on preventing long shots is well worth a watch. Whilst it's possible to defend the horizontal channel in front of your defence playing a 4231, both central midfielders need to work their socks off and be exceptional at winning the ball. I've messed around for hundreds of hours with pressing. I've found that aggressive roles and very urgent pressing settings actually make the long shot issue worse. Balance in this ME is exceptionally hard to find, and I do feel like the game is forcing me into certain set-ups.

Playing with a DM of course often results in a lone striker system; bringing in to play the countless issues with their over-pronounced movement into channels. 

Edited by rdbayly

Yes, this is part of the issue.

To help prevent the large percentage of goals scored from long shots, you really need to use a DM. As you say, you can do without if your CMs are up to the task but it's not easy finding the right ones, especially on a budget.
The video you refer to is here, if anyone wants to watch:

Just comeback after a break and its seem this game still the same after patch. AI play ultra defensive every single games always have 2 DMC and even a libero. Striker still missing easy chance, and goals scored usually come from long shots, like alot. Too many draw games even you dominating everything. AI goalkeepers play like De Gea every games. The quality of cross is worse than Ashley Young.  Defender still heading the ball to AI fowards

I thought SI address all of this issues and said will fix in 19.3. Asking for so many pkm too and the **** still the same or even worse. Wtf did they do actually?

And for your info i used the same tactic in 19.2 no change, and the result even worse than the last patch

4 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Yes, this is part of the issue.

To help prevent the large percentage of goals scored from long shots, you really need to use a DM. As you say, you can do without if your CMs are up to the task but it's not easy finding the right ones, especially on a budget.
The video you refer to is here, if anyone wants to watch:

I can only speak for myself but I'm on a 16 game streak without conceding without using a DM. But yes, good, hardworking midfielders will be necessary (van de Beek and Tonali in my game as a RPM and a CMD).

10 minutes ago, dangngo6 said:

Just comeback after a break and its seem this game still the same after patch. AI play ultra defensive every single games always have 2 DMC and even a libero. Striker still missing easy chance, and goals scored usually come from long shots, like alot. Too many draw games even you dominating everything. AI goalkeepers play like De Gea every games. The quality of cross is worse than Ashley Young.  Defender still heading the ball to AI fowards

I thought SI address all of this issues and said will fix in 19.3. Asking for so many pkm too and the **** still the same or even worse. Wtf did they do actually?

And for your info i used the same tactic in 19.2 no change, and the result even worse than the last patch

It's by no means as bad as you make it out to be. I'm currently (as said above) on a 16 game streak without conceding and about 50 league games without losing in a row. Averaging 2 goals per game in the league (I'm Ajax, so teams will set up even more defensively). My defenders don't do what you describe, I score a decent amount of goals from crosses and the AI goalkeeper is exactly the same as my own (as the game can't tell the difference between them). 

You also may want to watch your language. 

11 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

It's by no means as bad as you make it out to be. I'm currently (as said above) on a 16 game streak without conceding and about 50 league games without losing in a row. Averaging 2 goals per game in the league (I'm Ajax, so teams will set up even more defensively). My defenders don't do what you describe, I score a decent amount of goals from crosses and the AI goalkeeper is exactly the same as my own (as the game can't tell the difference between them). 

You also may want to watch your language. 

may be the quality of players i guess? im always playing with lower team, currently hull city,  pretty sure everything i said above happen alot cause i watch every game in comprehensive mode, its just annoying and make you wonder what they actually do with the game

3 hours ago, dangngo6 said:

may be the quality of players i guess? im always playing with lower team, currently hull city,  pretty sure everything i said above happen alot cause i watch every game in comprehensive mode, its just annoying and make you wonder what they actually do with the game

Also kept City to a 0-0 draw both home and away in the CL group stage and made the semis and the quarter finals in the past two seasons, same deal.