Group A Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia (KO 16:00 BBC1)

darren1983

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

As if you haven't seen them play before.

Uruguay-Portgual matchup would be a proper football game. :D

The odd Copa America match and qualifier but nothing compared to the tedium of this :eek: 

I guess the dark horse tag is a curse.

5 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Mesmerising that Saudi's have 56% of the possession, possibly the worst team at the tournament and Uruguay are being outplayed, laughable.

You and your outplayed, in stereotypical Arsenal fan fashion.

All you do is complain about undeserved wins and teams being outplayed.

On which account? How many clear cut chances did Saudis created?

25 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

The odd Copa America match and qualifier but nothing compared to the tedium of this :eek: 

I guess the dark horse tag is a curse.

No, they're basically a NT version of Atletico.

Struggle against defensive opposition as they have no real creator in midfield, but are really dangerous against stronger teams. Their defense is among the best if we talk national teams only.

3 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Mesmerising that Saudi's have 56% of the possession, possibly the worst team at the tournament and Uruguay are being outplayed, laughable.

They had 59% possession against Russia. Lost 5-0 with 0 shots on target.

12 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

You and your outplayed, in stereotypical Arsenal fan fashion.

All you do is complain about undeserved wins and teams being outplayed.

On which account? How many clear cut chances did Saudis created?

No, they're basically a NT version of Atletico.

Struggle against defensive opposition as they have no real creator in midfield, but are really dangerous against stronger teams. Their defense is among the best if we talk national teams only.

Saudi's were of course the better side that first half outside the scoreline, they controlled the game and Uruguay looked turgid. They just lead through individual insanity, it is what is, I'm not saying Saudi's should have been 1 up. I'm just disappointed Uruguay can only muster up this pathetic showing vs. this quality opposition. 

In fairness, I am a bit of broken record in my rants this world cup. Ranting about the poor quality of the bigger teams, games in general and referees. This game has been very apt in that regard :brock:

3 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

One thing I cringe at with commentators is when they try to add that twang to foreign players' names. 

Gimenez is now 'Gimeneth'. 

Eurgh. 

Alan Parry and David Pleat used to do that with David Villa as they'd call him "Davide Vijja"

I remember the 2010 group stage having a lot of poor matches, but this tournament is 'outdoing' that. It's becoming harder to focus on matches when we're served with such dirge so regularly.

3 minutes ago, TM said:

Alan Parry and David Pleat used to do that with David Villa as they'd call him "Davide Vijja"

These commentators have been pronouncing it both ways in this game, one minute its 'Gimenez' the next its 'Gimeneth' 

They just sound like complete fools. 

Archived