How often do GK's get sent off in your game?

How often do GK's get sent off in your game?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. How often do GK's get sent off in your game?

• I have never seen my GK get sent off in FM17.
    • I haven't seen my GK get sent off in FM17 and it didn't happen in FM16.
    • I haven't seen my GK get sent off in FM17 and it didn't happen in FM16 or FM15.
    • I haven't seen my GK get sent off in FM17 and it didn't happen in FM16 or FM15 but it DID happen in FM15.
    • Never. I have never seen my GK get sent off in any issue of the game, (wasn't there an issue pre-patch where they got sent off the whole time)?
    • We all know that GK's don't get sent off in FM17. What's the point of this ridiculous poll?
    • I remember a GK getting sent off when he would catch the ball inside the area and his momentum would take him outside the area and he wouldn't let go of the ball. Was that FM14?
    • Something else. (Please specify).

14 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

do you not think it would be better to have an option saying they do get sent off? have never seen it but other people might

Option 7 states the following. 

I remember a GK getting sent off when he would catch the ball inside the area and his momentum would take him outside the area and he wouldn't let go of the ball. Was that FM14?

Option 8 states the following. 

Something else. (Please specify).

What I am expecting is that there will not be a demand for an answer indicating that people have seen their GK's sent off. If they have, then they can use these answers. Option 7 is a bit of a bug that was removed from the game via patching quite quickly. Option 8 is where I want someone to reply if they have seen their GK get sent off and I would like some more information with it. 

The reason for this is that I don't think people have seen their GK's get sent off. I think it's been 100+ seasons and many issues of the game since I saw my GK get sent off. 

26 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Another question is how often they get injured

Believe it or not, that is actually the instigator behind this thread. 

I have just seen my GK get injured during a match, (to the extent that he had to be replaced), for the first time in as long as I can remember. Certainly since FM14 and possibly even before that. That he got injured taking a shot at goal suggests that had he not been shooting, (which most of you don't ask your GK's to do), then maybe he still wouldn't have been injured. 

I have played 100+ seasons without my GK either getting injured in a match to the extent that he had to be substituted, (which is not the same as a slight orange injury  should add), or being sent off. 

58 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

It happens, I don't have a keeper on the bench so notice when this happens for obvious reasons. I am in 2033 and it has happened a few times. Not enough to be too many but probably enough. 

4 minutes ago, cris182 said:

It happens, I don't have a keeper on the bench so notice when this happens for obvious reasons. I am in 2033 and it has happened a few times. Not enough to be too many but probably enough. 

IRL keeper's have to be replaced through injury relatively often.  I have been playing FM/CM ever since the series started and I can't remember it ever happening in any of my saves.

2 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Buy Jonathan Mitchell from Derby and then come back... the amount of games he has come off with a 'stubbed finger' or 'sprained wrist'... Still my number 1 though :lol:

My keeper has been with me for 6 seasons, playing regularly for 5 of them. He was injured in a match in 2 of those seasons. He was able to play on when he strained his wrist, but the other match he suffered a broken shoulder and needed replacing. He's had a few training injuries too, as well as getting colds or flu.

4 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

IRL keeper's have to be replaced through injury relatively often.  I have been playing FM/CM ever since the series started and I can't remember it ever happening in any of my saves.

I can't remember the last time my team had to sub their keeper in real life. I remember times a few years or further back but certainly not something that happens for example every season 

I have had my GK sent off for bringing down someone in FM17

I have also had keeper injuries in game on at least 4 occasions. I remember them well coz I go the full Warnock and don't have a GK on the bench usually.

I can't remember seeing my GK being sent off in FM17; but i can't say it didn't happen either. I just can't remember either way.
I chose the first option though as i believe i would remember it if it had happened, due to it happening so seldom.

I have seen plenty of my GKs being injured. I can only remember one being injured during a match, though.

-EDIT-

Well, speaking of the devil.
This just happened with the AI GK in the match i'm currently playing:

73f042d5f9a1f6068ab44b6e1df41156.jpg

7 hours ago, cris182 said:

I can't remember the last time my team had to sub their keeper in real life. I remember times a few years or further back but certainly not something that happens for example every season 

England women's keeper substituted last night, didn't it happen to the same player in the world cup in 2015?

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

England women's keeper substituted last night, didn't it happen to the same player in the world cup in 2015?

That is true yes but i don't in game check how often it happens elsewhere i only notice when it is my own

6 minutes ago, cris182 said:

That is true yes but i don't in game check how often it happens elsewhere i only notice when it is my own

The point I was trying to make was it happens IRL perhaps more than is realised.  Leaving Champ manager to one side I have been playing FM for 12 years and I don't think it has ever happened to me in game.

I haven't seen my own goalkeeper get sent off, but I did see in the Premier League roundup when I was playing last week that a keeper had picked up a red.  That's the only time I can recall anything like it on this edition.

I think this is mainly to do with how the match engine handles one on ones. Players nearly always shoot early (often erring on the side of shooting far, far too early) rather than round the keeper, and even when they do round the keeper they normally do so by changing direction early in their run so the keeper never gets near them. 

The only time the keeper ever collects the ball at a striker's feet seems to be if the striker is trying to get on to a pass or miscontrols a ball. And even then, it seems they judge it perfectly, and strikers never crash into them or dive over them. 

Given that diving at players' feet is one of the main sources of keeper injuries, it's not surprising keepers get injured in matches less often, especially since they've toned down injuries in general. But I have seen keeper injuries happen, unlike keeper cards or penalties conceded by keepers.

12 hours ago, Black and Yellow said:

Had my keeper injured in the first minute once. Didn't have a back up as he was injured too.

It wasn't pretty :(

This almost happened to me yesterday! 4th minute for me.  SOmehow we only lost by one!

Not seen a red for Keepers in years

Injuries for keepers, in my opinion, are in line with real life. I get a couple during matches each season... like others I never have a sub keeper so it tends to cost me the match when it does happen.

On 31/07/2017 at 15:06, Seb Wassell said:

Re. GK injuries - They certainly happen in match. Some injuries are specific to GKs in fact.

Maybe I've just been really lucky with GK injuries over the years.

Do red cards also happen to GK's? I haven't seen one since the 1st patch of FM14.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Maybe I've just been really lucky with GK injuries over the years.

Do red cards also happen to GK's? I haven't seen one since the 1st patch of FM14.

Our ME team would be better placed than myself to answer that one.  :)

12 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I thought it was on full, but it turns out they were on none (as was the other one I posted). That could make a difference.

Probably playing outfield as the squads don't have enough players then :p I cant see the pics so sorry if you've shown they were playing in goal!

1 hour ago, dafuge said:

I'm only in September, but I've found a couple in the English leagues this season. Here's one, and another.

22 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

What detail level are the matches on?

18 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I thought it was on full, but it turns out they were on none (as was the other one I posted). That could make a difference.

Interesting. 

I would love to hear from anyone who has seen a GK get sent of in their own game. 

Preferably it would be your own GK being sent off, but I would still like to hear even if it was the AI GK getting sent off against a human managed team. 

The next level is an AI GK getting sent off against an AI managed team in a playable league

The last level is an AI GK getting sent off against an AI managed team in a non-playable league, (as above).

I'm not sure of the significance of the level of detail, but I think there is a difference. 

well i answered the wrong thing. You have about 5 different answers for the same thing. I saw the first option and that applied to me so i clicked it. My fault for not reading all the options, but it's a pretty **** poll.

Question. When did you last see a GK get sent off.

FM 17

FM 16

FM 15

FM 14

FM 13 or before

Never seen a GK get sent off.

15 hours ago, noobish abbz said:

well i answered the wrong thing. You have about 5 different answers for the same thing. I saw the first option and that applied to me so i clicked it. My fault for not reading all the options, but it's a pretty **** poll.

You failed the exam, don't blame the question ... taught from a very young age to always read the question fully before answering :p 

Never seen a GK being sent off in any version, but seen plenty of injuries.  My current keeper has had a broken shoulder twice which has put him out for 6-7 weeks each time.  Also lost count of the number of broken fingers.

It's impossible for a keeper to be sent off in FM17. The engine doesn't allow for it. 

You may see it in games/leagues that are not on full detail but you'll never see in a match or a full detail sim. It's genuinely impossible. 

If anyone wishes to refute that and show evidence please go ahead. 

5 hours ago, DP said:

It's impossible for a keeper to be sent off in FM17. The engine doesn't allow for it. 

You may see it in games/leagues that are not on full detail but you'll never see in a match or a full detail sim. It's genuinely impossible. 

If anyone wishes to refute that and show evidence please go ahead. 

Sounds a plausible way of avoiding writing code to automatically rearrange tactics to force a particular outfield player into goal in the event of a red card (I assume the match engine isn't written to handle the unrealistic scenario of a side choosing to play without a goalkeeper either, for obvious reasons)

On 03/08/2017 at 23:01, enigmatic said:

Sounds a plausible way of avoiding writing code to automatically rearrange tactics to force a particular outfield player into goal in the event of a red card (I assume the match engine isn't written to handle the unrealistic scenario of a side choosing to play without a goalkeeper either, for obvious reasons)

It's not this as keepers can get injured. 

It's lack of a collision engine. 

• 4 weeks later...
On July 31, 2017 at 04:36, Tony Wright 747 said:

I've watched as my keeper was standing alone at the goal, nowhere close to play, and he fell down with a torn groin muscle. Unlucky! :rolleyes: Never seen a keeper sent off in previous years versions either. 

Ive never had GK sent off even though I played a SK role. In previous FMs it was a red card magnet.

I think in previous games I got red card when keeper rush out of thebox on 1 on 1 situation. Also note that I rarely get red card in the box too, Im not sure if everyone feel the same. 

I've never seen it.  Also never seen a keeper commit a foul.  I even checked the stats in a few previous FM's and none of my keepers committed fouls in 40-50 year games.

Penalties are always conceded by defenders.

Will SI ever address this?  It's been going on for a long time.

1 hour ago, Kenco said:

I've never seen it.  Also never seen a keeper commit a foul.  I even checked the stats in a few previous FM's and none of my keepers committed fouls in 40-50 year games.

Penalties are always conceded by defenders.

Will SI ever address this?  It's been going on for a long time.

Very good question! well SI?

7 hours ago, Super Hoop said:

Something I've never seen is a defender being sent off for commiting a foul as the last man.

This has happened on most FM versions. I've had this on FM17 as well. Once though.

Archived