FM17: Rate My Newgen Thread

This type of thread has been pretty good in the past and haven't seen any one create a new 1 for FM17 yet so thought why not?!?

Thanks to PequenoGenio for doing the 2016 version.

Have you found a gem of a newgen from an obscure country that you have never heard of, got him capped and feel proud?

Want to get your newgen rated as you feel that he is the best newgen ever?

Maybe you want some advice on your newgen, how to play him, what should you train him on?

There is no specific format to follow, just post up a screenshot of your newgen! If you need to, also along with your screenshot you could have a bit of background information about him, like where you got him, how much you paid or anything similiar.

If you don't know what a newgen is, then here is a short explanation:

A randomly generated player that the game throws out to compensate for retirements etc... This is so you don't end up with no players in the game after you have played for a long enough time for all real players to retire from the game. These can normally be identified by the 'Newgen face' which looks like a computer generated face, although these can be turned off, so don't dismiss someone's player due to the lack of face.

Please, only post newgens in here. Feel free to tell us about how good they are, how you found them, what you paid, their goal scoring records etc. Also, feel free to comment on other peoples newgens! Although, don't be the idiot that goes 'OMG U EDITED HIM', because at the end of the day, it's just a game, people shouldn't post edited players, but if they do it's not a massive deal.

CA/PA Can be posted if the poster wants to.

KnWfvhr.png

Came through the my academy at Chelsea, had CIty bidding silly money for him but i'll not sell him to anyone. Won the Champions League golden boot when he was just 19, his most recent season he had lots of small injuries so hopefully push on this year.

AVXOFiT.png

Bought this one for £35 million when he was 18, still not sure what his best roll is. I play Deep Lying Playmaker and Ball Winner Midfielder but he hasn't shone in either role yet.

On 11/8/2016 at 19:06, JackJCFC said:

KnWfvhr.png

Came through the my academy at Chelsea, had CIty bidding silly money for him but i'll not sell him to anyone. Won the Champions League golden boot when he was just 19, his most recent season he had lots of small injuries so hopefully push on this year.

AVXOFiT.png

Bought this one for £35 million when he was 18, still not sure what his best roll is. I play Deep Lying Playmaker and Ball Winner Midfielder but he hasn't shone in either role yet.

How come on that striker he has Swansea first on the right?

• 2 weeks later...

Got this one through my academy my first season, and I'm super torn...

He's got the potential to become one of my best players (and I fear he may be the best prospect to come through my academy for many seasons to come). He's performed fairly well in his 2 starts and 5 sub-appearances so far, and all his key attributes has already increased 0,8-1,2 points in the 5 months he's been with the club.

But on DLD I got an offer from Nottm Forest, £ 350 000 up-front. That amount could make my way to League 1 (and above) much easier, and obtainable within a year or two... But is it worth it?

Richardson Alleyne_ Overview Profile.png

46 minutes ago, andrewfx said:

6f311e78f9.png

Just had this guy come through as a youth candidate!!! So excited, probably the best stats I've had personally from a regen at 16. Hope I can keep hold of him.

Get him to practice his jumping! Other than that, looks pretty good.

My scouts found this regen in Brazil, soon as I saw him I knew I had to sign him. Liverpool and Juventus were interested but I was quicker so he signed for Rosenborg BK (in Norway) :D The year is 2021 so Rosenborg is a very rich and successful team now, the Norwegian national and league reputations are higher too.

cfFxZgL.jpg

His natural fitness is a slight issue but my tactics doesn't require the striker to do much work apart from scoring goals. His passing could be a bit better too of course.

But considering he's only 17 years old - with 17 Finishing 16 Technique Composure and Acceleration - I think this kid will be absolutely amazing. Hopefully he can increase some key-attributes even further while padding out some of his poor stats and maybe even getting some of his 15s into 16s.

He scored a brace on his debut with a 9.1 rating - what do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

These are my three best finds who I have brought to Arsenal by 2024:

Ruiz (CB)

20170909143423_1.thumb.jpg.77905d2baad9881b69c6c4238d52b31f.jpg

Moreno (CB)

20170909143413_1.thumb.jpg.e71bbece797204231d1f54c48f5df57c.jpg

Nosenzo (ST)

20170909143433_1.thumb.jpg.63cb1cb85c632118df36f886254955e8.jpg

I am also looking very closely at these two. They are going to be used as either CM(s) or RPM. Genuinely welcome any views or help on them. If you could only get one, who would it be?

20170909142619_1.thumb.jpg.53eb3cffa12cc92700de02d8e0de6eb3.jpg20170909142659_1.thumb.jpg.4a9eb2a229eac67cb4405bafe4f2b3dd.jpg

1 hour ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I am also looking very closely at these two. They are going to be used as either CM(s) or RPM. Genuinely welcome any views or help on them. If you could only get one, who would it be?

20170909142619_1.thumb.jpg.53eb3cffa12cc92700de02d8e0de6eb3.jpg20170909142659_1.thumb.jpg.4a9eb2a229eac67cb4405bafe4f2b3dd.jpg

Alexandrino looks more likely to improve in future than Edward and at a similar level. Not really a conventional RPM because he lacks flair and ability to beat a man at the top level, but I'd quite like him as a DLP because he can defend and pass long and he can obviously play the CM(S) role

Edward's PPMs are nice for the CM(S) and BBM role; looks like a player well suited to starting and continuing counter attacks but perhaps a bit too one footed and unimaginative to beat players in tighter spaces. Also good for DLP.

Frankly, looks like it'll be difficult to successfully sign either (work permits in Alexandrino's case, being at Man Utd in Edward's)

5 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Alexandrino looks more likely to improve in future than Edward and at a similar level. Not really a conventional RPM because he lacks flair and ability to beat a man at the top level, but I'd quite like him as a DLP because he can defend and pass long and he can obviously play the CM(S) role

Edward's PPMs are nice for the CM(S) and BBM role; looks like a player well suited to starting and continuing counter attacks but perhaps a bit too one footed and unimaginative to beat players in tighter spaces. Also good for DLP.

Frankly, looks like it'll be difficult to successfully sign either (work permits in Alexandrino's case, being at Man Utd in Edward's)

Funnily enough, they're both available for about £54mil. The Brazilian has a release clause and that's what I got United down to for Edwards.

I have Renato Sanches as my RPM (original I know) so it's far more likely they would need to fill in at CM(S) or even better, replace Koke.

The work permit thing for Alexandrino is very true too...I'm certainly leaning towards Edwards. Counts towards the home grown quota too...

F4Fimgl.png

I reckon this guy has the potential to be one of the best players I've ever seen on FM. He came through with a 'best of his generation' tag in my youth intake, and his coach rating has never wavered from 4 gold/1 black star. His improvement has been both fast and steady, his performances very good...he just ticks all the boxes of being an incredible player. Will post an update when he's a bit older

On 20/9/2017 at 12:43, Super Pinto said:

0878a46d06fa8f6dae05ea878c1bc7c3.pngf5218c23de1070c28c3a6e54bfe42dd6.png

Got these two a year into a multiplayer Newcastle save I'm currently playing with a mate. Pinto's scored 10 goals in his debut season.

the American looks amazing, you must have some crazy midfielders, since you don't have room for him

Archived