Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

Wish to confirm 2 things. Not too sure though if it is a bug.

Firstly, prior to the update, before each an every kicked off, i'll be brought to the Matches Fixtures & Results page (please refer to the page below). However, after the update, i will only be brought to the Matches Fixtures & Results page before the first match kicked off (Espanyol vs Levante) and after all the matches is over. I don't remember having this problem even in the previous FM.

LIGA%20BBVA_%20Matches%20Fixtures%20amp%20Results_zps6ftxtyvh.png

Secondly, please take a look at the LIGA BBVA Overview Profile and LIGA BBVA Overview Profile-2 below. May i know why are the players greyed. In the example provided, it's Sergio Rico, Thomas Muller and Christian Erikson.

LIGA%20BBVA_%20Overview%20Profile_zps5pcdy2cw.png

LIGA%20BBVA_%20Overview%20Profile-2_zps2pfjzqfq.png

I hope that i've made it clear of the problem.

Thank you.

One thing that seriously annoys me is when players start moaning about not getting any first team football when we`re in pre season. i don`t even take charge of friendlies my AM does.
They are seeking assurances on how important they will be for the coming season.

There are two things that need to be removed from the game:

1. The "I have nothing specific to say" team talk. That is so unrealistic. Regardless of win or loss, coaches/managers talk to their squad at halftime and after the game.

2. 1 minute extra time. Do those really occur in real life? It seems like there is always at least 3 minutes.

Agree with point one but not point two.

A high of games have only one minute added time at the end of the first half, for example. Granted, very few have it at the end of the second period, but definitely the first.

@kingjericho and others with column auto sizing issues:

This is something I've not seen on any of the machines I'm using here, and I use a large number of custom columns. Could you please raise the issue in the UI forums, founds here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/522-User-Interface-Issues - that way we can look into it for you.

Cheers,

Seb.

I did during BETA and SI acknowledged

As well as if offers are currently open as they have been made on the basis of existing budgets.

I also think (but can't absolutely remember) that at some point the board may decide the wage budget has reached its absolute limit regardless of available transfer budget (which makes sense as wages are an ongoing liability whereas transfers are theoretically one offs)

Capture.jpg

Why is this a surprise?

Would have thought it would be obvious tbh.

France are hosting Euro 2016 and therefore didn't need to qualify resulting in them dropping down the world rankings. The media comment will be linked to the world rankings.

IRL France are current ranked 25th & Slovakia 26th, where are they both ranked in your save?

Since the new patch/update the game has become ridiculous. I now seem to concede a penalty a game, doesn't matter what I do. It's definitely something to do with changes to the match engine as it didn't happen for the first three seasons I played the game under the initial match engine.

It's almost making the game unplayable as I just know I'm going to concede at least a goal a game because the match is rigged. It's really rather frustrating.

France are hosting Euro 2016 and therefore didn't need to qualify resulting in them dropping down the world rankings. The media comment will be linked to the world rankings.

IRL France are current ranked 25th & Slovakia 26th, where are they both ranked in your save?

That's still a bug. The world ranking as we all know are ridiculous, FM should use reputation instead for this. Nobody would call it an upset if Wales or Belgium were beaten by France or Brazil.

That's still a bug. The world ranking as we all know are ridiculous, FM should use reputation instead for this. Nobody would call it an upset if Wales or Belgium were beaten by France or Brazil.

National teams don't have reputations so it would be impossible for FM to use it.

If you have a better suggestion add it to the wishlist but as it stands the world rankings are the best option.

Since the new patch/update the game has become ridiculous. I now seem to concede a penalty a game, doesn't matter what I do. It's definitely something to do with changes to the match engine as it didn't happen for the first three seasons I played the game under the initial match engine.

It's almost making the game unplayable as I just know I'm going to concede at least a goal a game because the match is rigged. It's really rather frustrating.

You lost all hope of making a valid point when you claim the game is unplayable or rigged...

If nothing else, read even the few posts post update on here claiming the exact opposite..

National teams don't have reputations so it would be impossible for FM to use it.

If you have a better suggestion add it to the wishlist but as it stands the world rankings are the best option.

Countries have reputations, but not national teams. They could, and should use those. We can sometimes see that Brazil are a disaster, but their IRL reputation still precedes them.

Non football cost ? What are they if they wasnt there i would make a profit every season at lincoln city but theses cost put me in the red every season is its SI way to stop us hording cash as i noticed each season the more i make the bigger theses cost are despite being in conferance i could of brought a few players with the money

Non football cost ? What are they if they wasnt there i would make a profit every season at lincoln city but theses cost put me in the red every season is its SI way to stop us hording cash as i noticed each season the more i make the bigger theses cost are despite being in conferance i could of brought a few players with the money

To be fair I've always found that quite realistic. As a manager you wouldn't necessarily need to know the full breakdown of catering expenses, safety costs, consultancy fees etc. You're just given your budget and are expected to work with it, just like any manager IRL. Where this area could be improved later is with more depth and scope for types of board and club ownership. Chairmen who are schysters, conmen, eccentrics, local philanthropists, oil rich megalomaniacs, or whatever. Knowing more about what *type* of board you have would go some way to explaining your balance sheet.

It's clearly a bug. Hopefully you'll have already posted it in the relevant forum.

Anyway, I'm seeing a massive increase in 'key passes' leading to increased player ratings, especially from my central mids. Anyone else?

Yes. For me key passes used to be around 20. 20+ key passes was an indicator that midfield creativity was fairly good. Now it's 40+ easily (although it doesn't certainly mean that I'm winning by several goals).

sometimes you are really over the board defending the game Cougar. i understand where you are coming from though, from games perspective, what you have described well, it really makes sense. however, that logic should change as France winnig at home by 3_0 against slovakia should be no surprise, a good win and that is it. period. fm is great game but there are things that are wrong and this one is plain wrong.

the worst part is that it isn't even a bug, it is how it is meant to be and that should really change. and yes, as someone says, countries have reputation and that is what should be measured, not some fifa ranking which makes sense as much as qatar world cup and sepp blatter.

sometimes you are really over the board defending the game Cougar. i understand where you are coming from though, from games perspective, what you have described well, it really makes sense. however, that logic should change as France winnig at home by 3_0 against slovakia should be no surprise, a good win and that is it. period. fm is great game but there are things that are wrong and this one is plain wrong.

the worst part is that it isn't even a bug, it is how it is meant to be and that should really change. and yes, as someone says, countries have reputation and that is what should be measured, not some fifa ranking which makes sense as much as qatar world cup and sepp blatter.

I'm not in any way defending the game there, I'm simply stating why that media comment happened which is what the user was confused by.

Since when did explaining something become defending?

EDIT

Can it be improved, of course it can. How is a little more difficult and maybe introducing a nation rep is a possible way but how would that differ from the rankings? Aside from the obvious flaw in the Fifa rankings of a host nation dropping down prior to a tournament they are generally reasonably accurate.

Another flaw in the media message is that France aren't considered to be at home with the matches played in neutral venues.

Ok, ECG machine is off. Yays! I can now proceed to give myself heart attack inducing rages.

I played one game so far, it's nice, none of those (or less of) Hollywood long range punts.

I'm still seeing an extraordinary amount of 'crossfield' passes, I saw three or four of them in the build up to a goal at one point, and it must have bamboozled the opposition as we scored from it. XD

Box to box midfielders have roaming on by default don't they? But are they meant to literally move about in weird places? I mean, at some point he's sitting on the CM/D, at others he's barrelling over to the right wing to defend (I play a flat 3 central mid with the B2B in the middle), it just seems weird. The CM/D is on that side to defend, there's not really a need for the box to box lad to be floating into that area.

What the boy is saying is totally right. The reason for it is obvious with it being the world rankings but the fact remains that no one will during 2016 call it an upset if France lose to Slovakia no matter the ranking. If his screenshot had been 2026 or 2036 then maybe buy the fact that news headline appears in 2016 is a mistake, oversight or oversimplification in the coding of the game and that is undeniable fact. The fact you can point to the source of it doesn't change that

Have played quite a bit since the update now and I can perceive absolutely no improvement to what was a dreadful match engine. Elite strikers still fire sitters straight at the goalkeeper eight or nine times out of ten, while crosses still account for about two thirds of all goals. Pass completion above 75% remains rarer than rocking horse crap thanks to instruction defying Hollywood balls played as habit from all over the pitch by both teams, players continue to treat their team-mates at full-back as though they're Messi and Maradona while every other player on the team are the lads you play 5 a-side with whenever the ball is in the opposition half, so that you'll see the full-backs switch the ball to each other from opposite sides of the opposing penalty area, bypassing four or five attacking players in the process, or strikers pass out to attacking full-backs while in possession in the box.

This is genuinely the worst match engine I've played in seven years of buying the game and playing hundreds and hundreds of hours on each edition. The match engine on FM14 ruined the game for me but this is the first time in all the years I've played the game that I've completely abandoned going through games on the full match setting, because I simply cannot take the match engine seriously. To surpass the FM14 efforts in that respect is really quite incredible.

I'm three points clear at the top of the league, unbeaten in early December, and have lost only twice in all comps, one of those being away at the Bernabeu in my final Champions League group game (was already qualified and went into it top). I have the best defensive record in the league and have dropped only eight points in 14 or 15 games. It's nothing to do with results. It's just that the match engine does not remotely resemble the actual game, and renders it impossible to get a team playing effectively by any means other than scoring from crosses and mistakes, and your full-backs being your highest rated players and biggest creators.

Sorry, but I find it hard enough to understand getting it so wrong in the first place, let alone then failing to adequately address it in subsequent updates.

After playing another ~10 matches, I also started to find it rather annoying and unrealistic that all the fullbacks are so effective in the game. It doesn't matter who I put in that wingback role, he starts piling on the key passes and becomes the MOM more often that not. If a 16 year old fullback I bring from my youth team gets higher ratings than my 4* stoppers, it sure means that the ME is not balanced well.

In the first few matches I actually loved watching my wingbacks joining the attacks from the flanks. It is fun to watch, and it makes ME look better. However, (and this has always been my biggest issue with the ME's in this series) if EVERY fullback in my roster can perform equally excellent in that role, it is time to start questioning if the attributes of individual players play ANY role in calculating the step by step progress of a match. To me it always feels like the match result is calculated considering the sum of everything, where the individual attributes contribute to the overall result but not to what happens at any second of the match.

I have seen tons of examples of this over the years. When I find a good tactic, and use players suited for the roles in that tactic, everything goes well, as expected. The unexpected part is, that the team still performs better when I use players that won't suit those roles, than when I change some roles to something that fits those players better. To illustrate, I play 4-3-3 with 2 Raumdeuters and a DLF(s) up front. If I use a AM L/R that has 10* as a winger and 1* as a Raumdeuter, he still performs better if I use him as a Raumdeuter in my tactic instead of using him as a winger. This is where the FM match engine is fundamentally flawed imo.

Is there any reason of all my opponents playing with %100 condition every single match against me? They never play in their leagues? I keep following their fixture and their fitness never go down to even %99. I am saying because this is the 3rd time I was knocked out from Europe. First with Gala, then Everton and now Fiorentina. I did everything to secure my first leg 3-1 victory against West Ham. In the second leg my team condition was average %94 since I played in the league. We had to play extra time and my team condition was average %65 and their players were %75 so they kept coming and dominating. I knew they were gonna score at the end. This is not fair. There must be an explanation on their not playing any league games.

Is there any reason of all my opponents playing with %100 condition every single match against me? They never play in their leagues? I keep following their fixture and their fitness never go down to even %99. I am saying because this is the 3rd time I was knocked out from Europe. First with Gala, then Everton and now Fiorentina. I did everything to secure my first leg 3-1 victory against West Ham. In the second leg my team condition was average %94 since I played in the league. We had to play extra time and my team condition was average %65 and their players were %75 so they kept coming and dominating. I knew they were gonna score at the end. This is not fair. There must be an explanation on their not playing any league games.

I can't imagine it makes much difference. There's no rotation by many teams and their players down to 45-50% condition still run around in the exact same way as my players off the bench at 95%. Condition seems totally meaningless.

Are these in active leagues or do you not have their leagues running? That sounds very strange if their teams are in simulated leagues.

In my experience, my players are fresher than my opponents as I rotate lots, but that is league/cup games rather than continental.

Are these in active leagues or do you not have their leagues running? That sounds very strange if their teams are in simulated leagues.

In my experience, my players are fresher than my opponents as I rotate lots, but that is league/cup games rather than continental.

I always rotate player that is why my team was fit but when your opponent start with %100 whole team, it doesnt go well for you. I have experienced this many times in this game. I have picked only Italian league so I can't see their schedule or league but all i know is i check my opponents in Europe 3-4 days before the game they are always %100. There is smth wrong. I can say I play this game only for Europe especially with Turkish teams so when this unfair incident happens, it annoys me a lot

This year, once again I have a problem with the way the AI cracks my tactics. Now I like a challenge and I don't just want to smash everyone with a single tactic all the time. However my bug bare is the way the match engine portrays this.

I had 3 great seasons with Arsenal. I use a home and an away tactic, I played flowing, quite attacking football. Now when I got to season 4, the game broke my tactic. Fair enough, the managers have got used to how I play and they are now parking the bus. But! It seems that every manager is master of this and every player in every team performs his role perfectly, as I believe if I'd have carried on with my preferred tactic, I would never have won another game. Every single match I would hammer them in poss and shots, and every match I would draw or lose 1-0. No matter who's played.

Now, for all you people who say that it's my tactics, teams are adapting to them blah blah. I ok with that. What I'm not ok with is how the ME shows this. Watching the key highlights as I do because I don't have time or patience to watch extended, I could see nothing different to how I played in the previous 3 seasons other than ONE major factor. My players were unlucky all of a sudden. I would hit the post 2 times a game, I would miss 1-on-1's, I would hit tap ins at the keeper so on so forth. So to the human eye, I was doing everything right. But my players were just crap all of a sudden. And we are talking about pogba, Sanchez, Neymar, Rodriguez etc. And the consistency with which all teams could defend against us perfectly without fail is not realistic!

Now, if I could see my players all having to hit one long range because they are being closed out, or they just couldn't work a shot at all and I was having barely any shots is realise there was a problem, but in key highlight mode, where I imagine is where 70% of the people who play this game watch matches, it doesn't show you what is wrong. You just see a lot of missed chances that the season before, were flying in.

It has always been an issue with the ME, in that it can't properly stop, or make it look like its adapted to a tactic. It just always makes it look like that tactic has just broken and all your players are now crap.

this addition does not like pure attacking football either and it's very backward at the moment where as I'm playing more attacking football away from home, because the opposition open up more and more possession football at home because they close up like a well drilled phalanx.

So please SI, work on a way of showing a team closing you out, without making look like you are hammering them but just missing lots. And find a way to do it in key highlights.

Thanks.

Oh and the other issue I have! Playing a counter or standard game, not creating any chances and the game is whizzing by. The very moment you click control or attack, bang! They score against you.

Again, I know this happens, but Not to the systematic fashion it happens on here.

After playing another ~10 matches, I also started to find it rather annoying and unrealistic that all the fullbacks are so effective in the game. It doesn't matter who I put in that wingback role, he starts piling on the key passes and becomes the MOM more often that not. If a 16 year old fullback I bring from my youth team gets higher ratings than my 4* stoppers, it sure means that the ME is not balanced well.

In the first few matches I actually loved watching my wingbacks joining the attacks from the flanks. It is fun to watch, and it makes ME look better. However, (and this has always been my biggest issue with the ME's in this series) if EVERY fullback in my roster can perform equally excellent in that role, it is time to start questioning if the attributes of individual players play ANY role in calculating the step by step progress of a match. To me it always feels like the match result is calculated considering the sum of everything, where the individual attributes contribute to the overall result but not to what happens at any second of the match.

I have seen tons of examples of this over the years. When I find a good tactic, and use players suited for the roles in that tactic, everything goes well, as expected. The unexpected part is, that the team still performs better when I use players that won't suit those roles, than when I change some roles to something that fits those players better. To illustrate, I play 4-3-3 with 2 Raumdeuters and a DLF(s) up front. If I use a AM L/R that has 10* as a winger and 1* as a Raumdeuter, he still performs better if I use him as a Raumdeuter in my tactic instead of using him as a winger. This is where the FM match engine is fundamentally flawed imo.

The fullback ratings are certainly a problem

Oh and the other issue I have! Playing a counter or standard game, not creating any chances and the game is whizzing by. The very moment you click control or attack, bang! They score against you.

Again, I know this happens, but Not to the systematic fashion it happens on here.

If you watch key highlights, by and large you deny yourself to spot all the things you mention in your posts. If you want more chance to identify issues, you need to watch more of the match. If you don't want to do that, then the issues you want to see will remain obscured.

Well, after sinking many, many hours into FM16 already I think I'm reaching the conclusion that me and the game are going through a messy separation.

I don't think there are any more bugs in the game than there have been at any point in the past but something just doesn't feel right, I can't honestly lay the entirety of blame at the feet of the game, it's just clearly moved on to a point that my playing style doesn't fit anymore.

The whole ME feels far too sensitive and massively over engineered towards tactical tweaking and watching the game in detail, whilst a number of the traditional methods for measuring the success of your tactical approach seem to have been left behind.

You can't rely on the match ratings (see above), clear cut chances don't work as they should, text commentary has degraded over time and creating more chances and statistically dominating games means very little.

It has and will always be a work of art in terms of the coding required, and will continue to top the gaming charts for years to come, but it's moving away from me.

If you watch key highlights, by and large you deny yourself to spot all the things you mention in your posts. If you want more chance to identify issues, you need to watch more of the match. If you don't want to do that, then the issues you want to see will remain obscured.

But the game can't only be suited for people who have time to watch full match highlights. If thats the case, SI are going to lose about 90% of its players!

90% is a rather brave estimate.

Thankfully SI have considered that the main game has too much depth for some people & they provide other less involved products for your enjoyment.

Well, after sinking many, many hours into FM16 already I think I'm reaching the conclusion that me and the game are going through a messy separation.

I don't think there are any more bugs in the game than there have been at any point in the past but something just doesn't feel right, I can't honestly lay the entirety of blame at the feet of the game, it's just clearly moved on to a point that my playing style doesn't fit anymore.

The whole ME feels far too sensitive and massively over engineered towards tactical tweaking and watching the game in detail, whilst a number of the traditional methods for measuring the success of your tactical approach seem to have been left behind.

You can't rely on the match ratings (see above), clear cut chances don't work as they should, text commentary has degraded over time and creating more chances and statistically dominating games means very little.

It has and will always be a work of art in terms of the coding required, and will continue to top the gaming charts for years to come, but it's moving away from me.

I believe that the match engine/experience itself hasn't progressed as needed considering all the bells and whistles that have been added in the last 3 or 4 years.

The lack of feedback on what's going on in the match is becoming a serious issue hampering aspiring managers in the game.

I shouldn't need to watch a full match of repetitive scripted animations that has no resemblance to real football whatsoever to try to spot a gap in midfield, A player tackling too hard or a full back moving two steps forward than needed. Specially when you give us an ME that's either a goal fest like FM 15 or a crossing fest like this year's.

Here is a list of concerns:

- Ratings:

I remember on the good old days if I had all my team on 8's and two players on 6 then they are not performing and probably this is the cause of my worries.

Now it seems that if all your players are on 7's and you are 3-0 down its fine because and I quote one of mods :

"Player ratings are an indicator of how your players are performing up to that point.. not any kind of indicator on the match or the opposition as a whole,

Just because your players have ok ratings, doesn't mean they are doing what they need to be doing to win."

- Player performance/Body language:

Again it has no clear meaning and is detached from the match engine completely. Even SI can't provide an actual explanation on how it works just like team talks. Does anyone actually use it?

For example how can everyone be playing okay when we are 2 or 3 nil down? ....Or a scenario where all the goals come through our right back and it says the left back is having a bad game and ignores the actual cause.... Unless the ME is not consistent with the other features and is very limited in what it shows us.

- As for the ME itself, I'll ignore the 3D animations because I don't think it's that important how it looks as long as it plays right.

I remember playing 2D on FM 2008 and being able to differentiate between a pacey skillful player or a player with vision. Now it's just a player running in a straight line then crossing or a silly scramble where everyone stands like a scarecrow.

The commentary at that time gave us hints about how the game is going. In 2016 the commentary is the same if not worse considering the limitations they had in the past.

By 2016 I'd expect to see one twos, triangles, proper sweeper adaptation and maybe some more physicality. I expect the commentary to talk about a lot lot more.

It's frustrating when you spend 2 hours tuning your tactics and going through all these fancy positions and roles and shapes to end up with 3 identical crossed goals, A bad backpass or a player with a longshot stat of 2 scoring 3 screamers for the first time in their career.

As for people who find nothing wrong with the game on here and keep shooting down people, Last year you lot thought that a game ending 7-6 with 50 shots wasn't an issue, And I'm sure some generic guy who probably aspires to be a mod will come in saying that 6 woodworks every game is perfectly normal, You're entitled to your opinion but others also are.

I think SI needs to work on how the highlights are shown. If both tactics are cancelling each other out then it needs to alter what is considered 'key' and start showing more of the half chances etc. A more dynamic system.

I think SI needs to work on how the highlights are shown. If both tactics are cancelling each other out then it needs to alter what is considered 'key' and start showing more of the half chances etc. A more dynamic system.

Then choose Extended or Comprehensive. That's exactly what they do.

Hi there,

Wish to confirm 2 things. Not too sure though if it is a bug.

Firstly, prior to the update, before each an every kicked off, i'll be brought to the Matches Fixtures & Results page (please refer to the page below). However, after the update, i will only be brought to the Matches Fixtures & Results page before the first match kicked off (Espanyol vs Levante) and after all the matches is over. I don't remember having this problem even in the previous FM.

LIGA%20BBVA_%20Matches%20Fixtures%20amp%20Results_zps6ftxtyvh.png

Secondly, please take a look at the LIGA BBVA Overview Profile and LIGA BBVA Overview Profile-2 below. May i know why are the players greyed. In the example provided, it's Sergio Rico, Thomas Muller and Christian Erikson.

LIGA%20BBVA_%20Overview%20Profile_zps5pcdy2cw.png

LIGA%20BBVA_%20Overview%20Profile-2_zps2pfjzqfq.png

I hope that i've made it clear of the problem.

Thank you.

Hi, there.

Any feedback on the problem that i'm encountering..?

Is it a bug or meant to be what it is..?

Thanks.

Archived