Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, so it was only an 'issue' when you read about it on here. Right you are then. Interesting how it's only a problem when you're conceding. Even though it's the same engine for human and AI players.

It was an issue before I came on here, then I came across that thread with others experiencing the same problems. Its the exact issues I was having (I thought it could have been a bug, that thread confirms it).

I didn't say its wasn't the same engine for human and AI players.

Haha, so it was only an 'issue' when you read about it on here. Right you are then. Interesting how it's only a problem when you're conceding. Even though it's the same engine for human and AI players.
For me the horrible defending has been a major issue even before reading about it, and also a problem whether I'm scoring or conceding. I went back to FM15 when after 15 minutes the score was 2-2 and all the goals were from crosses to a completely unmarked player.

This is a little out of order, stevemc raised legitimate concerns & there is nothing in his post to suggest that he's jumping on bandwagon.

Please allow people to offer constructive criticism without jumping on them.

Thanks

As I say, I'm not having a proper go, SI have done a great job and I happen to think the game on the whole is the most polished its been for a release, and they should be congratulated for that effort. Its just the issue I raised is irking me, if theres a work around that would help pre-patch, then I'm all ears.

Are players supposed to have a personality change after transfers? I like it, it makes sense. Just thought I'd ask.

It's happened twice now. I've let two players go, and in both instances I told them they hadn't developed enough. After the transfer was completed the first one changed from 'Professional' to 'Ambitious', whereas the other one changed from 'Ambitious' to 'Resolute'

Any ideas on when a patch will be released ?

We're on 16.1 now. Judging by previous years, there will be a xx.2 update around Christmas and a xx.3 update around March.

It's speculation though and the game was only recently released. The best answer would be, "when it's ready". If something is discovered which is critical (game crashes etc) and a fix is found, SI would release that as a 16.1.x update, to fix it.

For now, just enjoy the game. ;)

I played 30 hrs on demo, multiple saves until the 6 months trial expired on the 2 computers i have and to be honest I can't see that much difference from 2015. Yes the players movements in the ME are better but as fair as I can see the interface and other screens for transfers seem to just have a slightly different layout and appearance. To be honest I'm struggling to understand why i should upgrade to this version. Feel that i'd be paying alot for a database update after the transfer windows... Think I'll be sticking to 2015 for now at least.

I'll upgrade when defenders stop running about in groups of 3 with no regard for the ball or their opponents. That's a pretty urgent bug surely.

It's not even close to the same level of urgency as crashes or other technical issues that prevent people from playing.

Examples of the 3 defenders running together will be appreciated though. It is on the radar.

People are absolutely entitled to be disappointed about some defensive issues, but if you look at the thread stevemc linked, it currently has 54 posts in it, of which more than half are people saying "I've seen this", some are from Mods or SI saying "Thanks for logging this", and 14 or 15 are actually supported bug reports. This remains the most active FM forum and 54 posts is the sum total of responses to this bug, 14 or 15 of which are actually helping SI to investigate it.

Is it an issue or not? People in this thread have referenced it but if it grates that much, then the most effective way of escalating it and getting the issue prioritised and worked on is to raise the profile of the bug by adding more examples.

Are players supposed to have a personality change after transfers? I like it, it makes sense. Just thought I'd ask.

It's happened twice now. I've let two players go, and in both instances I told them they hadn't developed enough. After the transfer was completed the first one changed from 'Professional' to 'Ambitious', whereas the other one changed from 'Ambitious' to 'Resolute'

That would be a great touch if true, I haven't checked anyone I've sold, something to keep an eye on. Certainly haven't noticed anyone I've bought changing.

If by brilliant, you mean absolutely correct, then indeed it is.

The game has been out for four days...

And there a definitely a problem with the defence side of things, 4 defenders all following the ball running around like a benny hill sketch. At corners player just stand there not doing anything ! Closing down just isn't working. My defender was asked to man mark the striker so the defender sat on the half way lime the whole game. These things discourage enjoyment and should be dealt with, I'm a customer of si I have paid for the product so my question is valid. Unfortunately for the customers of si the company has always lacked in the services dept, a simple update from si to my question would have been good customer service instead not too much to ask I don't think.

And there a definitely a problem with the defence side of things, 4 defenders all following the ball running around like a benny hill sketch. At corners player just stand there not doing anything ! Closing down just isn't working. My defender was asked to man mark the striker so the defender sat on the half way lime the whole game. These things discourage enjoyment and should be dealt with, I'm a customer of si I have paid for the product so my question is valid. Unfortunately for the customers of si the company has always lacked in the services dept, a simple update from si to my question would have been good customer service instead not too much to ask I don't think.

What a ridiculous comment, I have never come across another games company that involves themselves so much with it's customers on the forums, and I'm constantly amazed at the polite and helpful way SI staff (and mods... sometimes) respond to rude and aggressive complaints.

People are absolutely entitled to be disappointed about some defensive issues, but if you look at the thread stevemc linked, it currently has 54 posts in it, of which more than half are people saying "I've seen this", some are from Mods or SI saying "Thanks for logging this", and 14 or 15 are actually supported bug reports. This remains the most active FM forum and 54 posts is the sum total of responses to this bug, 14 or 15 of which are actually helping SI to investigate it.

Is it an issue or not? People in this thread have referenced it but if it grates that much, then the most effective way of escalating it and getting the issue prioritised and worked on is to raise the profile of the bug by adding more examples.

I should add that at one point only one user (Analog) had seen this and created an actual bug thread. That was after 8 days. Which does make me wonder what people had been looking defensively at since the release of the Beta.

More "the customer is always right" rubbish. If you think SI's customer service is bad (it isn't) then try going to any of the AAA developers/publishers. Why not try Warner Bros/Rocksteady, who released Arkham Knight in a totally broken state. I'm not meaning that in the "This FM is Broken" way, I mean the actual properly broken way, so much so that the developer admitted they released it in that state. So much so that it was pulled from Steam before it could do any damage. So much so that when it was eventually put back up, it was still broken, and the developer admitted that it would probably never be fixed. Now that's customer service.

Any bugs will be dealt with, but only once they're sure they've actually been dealt with. Tell me, which would you rather, that they half-arse a fix after four days and throw it out, potentially sending another part of the ME into a spiral, or that they spend a few weeks getting it absolutely right. Also, would you rather SI came in and said everything was going to be alright (what do you actually want them to tell you?), or actually went away and worked on the fix?

What a ridiculous comment, I have never come across another games company that involves themselves so much with it's customers on the forums, and I'm constantly amazed at the polite and helpful way SI staff (and mods... sometimes) respond to rude and aggressive complaints.

We try our best to maintain a modicum of politeness where we can, but sometimes even the most placid and patient temperament can be tested in here :)

More often than not there's actually an element of communal-modding that goes on in here anyway; when someone writes complete nonsense, they'll usually get a strip torn off them by another user. As exhibited above.

Not sure if it's a bug but this thing is annoying:

Scrolling up on some drop down menus increases the value and one some it decreases it. Very inconsistent. For example scrolling up on minimum release clause will increase it while scrolling up on 'sell on fee %' decreases it.

Not sure if it's a bug but this thing is annoying:

Scrolling up on some drop down menus increases the value and one some it decreases it. Very inconsistent. For example scrolling up on minimum release clause will increase it while scrolling up on 'sell on fee %' decreases it.

That sounds like a UI bug. Certainly doesn't make sense how you describe it. Please raise as a bug in the UI section, detailing exactly where this inconsistency is present.

Individual Personality is now shaped by the overall Personality of the team. It's a very good change.

That's really interesting. What do you mean by "shaped"? Is a player's personality changed to be closer to the team's personality the moment he signs for a new team? Shouldn't happen immediately, and it should not happen for everyone (I guess a Balotelli type of player doesn't become a professional the second he signs for a professional team, does he?).

That's really interesting. What do you mean by "shaped"? Is a player's personality changed to be closer to the team's personality the moment he signs for a new team? Shouldn't happen immediately, and it should not happen for everyone (I guess a Balotelli type of player doesn't become a professional the second he signs for a professional team, does he?).

It's not an immediate thing, but a gradual process and (I assume) that some like Balotelli maybe can never truly reform themselves. It's a really nice change and I'm especially happy as I'm a FMT player and we couldn't (still can't) control tutoring in FM15 so this is a good way for FMT players to gain some control of squad personality development.

I am incredulous some are moaning about "lack of customer service" from SI.

You get actual game developers of FM on here, you get SI marketing guys on here, you get the researchers on here, you get the testers on here, you get the mods on here. Try EA if you want terrible service.

Do SI release games that have bugs? Yes, they do. But as this is for a PC, it is simply not possible to catch all bugs before release. Why? Because no two PCs are the same, unlike a console, so unless SI want to build a million computers, they cannot replicate what hardware everyone who plays the game has. Fact.

• SI Staff

Hey Fancy Gaffot,

If you have it available, could you please post in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues - with a PKM and the time of the incident? Details on how to upload can be found in there.

Cheers very much,

Seb.

More "the customer is always right" rubbish. If you think SI's customer service is bad (it isn't) then try going to any of the AAA developers/publishers. Why not try Warner Bros/Rocksteady, who released Arkham Knight in a totally broken state. I'm not meaning that in the "This FM is Broken" way, I mean the actual properly broken way, so much so that the developer admitted they released it in that state. So much so that it was pulled from Steam before it could do any damage. So much so that when it was eventually put back up, it was still broken, and the developer admitted that it would probably never be fixed. Now that's customer service.

Any bugs will be dealt with, but only once they're sure they've actually been dealt with. Tell me, which would you rather, that they half-arse a fix after four days and throw it out, potentially sending another part of the ME into a spiral, or that they spend a few weeks getting it absolutely right. Also, would you rather SI came in and said everything was going to be alright (what do you actually want them to tell you?), or actually went away and worked on the fix?

Yeah you misunderstood the comment. My pointerest is exactly as you have all come up with. When you say something about the game you are immediately shouted down no actually you are right we apologise we are working on this and could expect a patch to come out on this date to fix it. Now that wouldn't hurt would it? A lot of people complained about the defence so it's obv a problem but you always get the norm every yr of people Justin saying the customer is wrong all the time "it's your tactics " comes the monogamous boring reply. How helpful!

Where is the hey gets we admit there's a slight glitch at the mo here's a patch which takes it back before the glitch and we will fix it soon or better still give a date !

Difficult nah !!

• SI Staff

Just a quick reminder that if you have any examples of bugs please do post in the appropriate forum. For the Match Engine that would be here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

That way they can get looked into and resolved :)

Cheers,

Seb.

Yeah you misunderstood the comment. My pointerest is exactly as you have all come up with. When you say something about the game you are immediately shouted down no actually you are right we apologise we are working on this and could expect a patch to come out on this date to fix it. Now that wouldn't hurt would it? A lot of people complained about the defence so it's obv a problem but you always get the norm every yr of people Justin saying the customer is wrong all the time "it's your tactics " comes the monogamous boring reply. How helpful!

Where is the hey gets we admit there's a slight glitch at the mo here's a patch which takes it back before the glitch and we will fix it soon or better still give a date !

Difficult nah !!

A lot of people complain about injuries. For the last 4 versions really, and each year the actual numbers on FM are lower than average.

Difficult nah !!

SI aren't going to change things because people complain. They'll change something if it needs to be changed - based on their own testing and examples they get from that and the examples from the bugs forum. If you have examples, please post them so it can get looked at and added to the list. :thup:

I am incredulous some are moaning about "lack of customer service" from SI.

You get actual game developers of FM on here, you get SI marketing guys on here, you get the researchers on here, you get the testers on here, you get the mods on here. Try EA if you want terrible service.

Do SI release games that have bugs? Yes, they do. But as this is for a PC, it is simply not possible to catch all bugs before release. Why? Because no two PCs are the same, unlike a console, so unless SI want to build a million computers, they cannot replicate what hardware everyone who plays the game has. Fact.

The downside to this is that when people post complaints they often appear to get dogpiled by people defending an issue, blaming the player, or instructing them to take it elsewhere. Sometimes fairly, sometimes not.

It doesn't leave the best impression on a casual user just popping in to have a bit of a moan about a product they bought.

SI aren't going to change things because people complain. They'll change something if it needs to be changed - based on their own testing and examples they get from that and the examples from the bugs forum. If you have examples, please post them so it can get looked at and added to the list. :thup:

Oh so the point of the feedback forum is to erm do what ? All come on here and just say pleasantries to each other and say how lovely the game is and then the game doesn't get any better.

I have played this game wether this or cm since the first ever one came out. I have been in the forums since they first started not non this profile I'll admit. But I have seen the reaction of people when an update or patch is needed and it's that people power that get things done not coming on here and just saying how nice and sunny it all is and no need for patches coz it's all tickety boo. I love the game it's fantastic and takes over my life when it's out but I also hate the fact the defending is pants at mo and needs a patch hence why at the beginning I asked that.

I should add that at one point only one user (Analog) had seen this and created an actual bug thread. That was after 8 days. Which does make me wonder what people had been looking defensively at since the release of the Beta.

You know, there are no mods posting examples in that thread either despite at least 2 of them complaining about the defensive side of the game in their social media.

It's crappy that not everyone posts examples, but not everyone knows about uploading a pkm or taking screens to show the problem.

What might help is a known issues sticky in the bugs forum with an active request to submit examples of you see such issues.

Oh so the point of the feedback forum is to erm do what ? All come on here and just say pleasantries to each other and say how lovely the game is and then the game doesn't get any better.

I have played this game wether this or cm since the first ever one came out. I have been in the forums since they first started not non this profile I'll admit. But I have seen the reaction of people when an update or patch is needed and it's that people power that get things done not coming on here and just saying how nice and sunny it all is and no need for patches coz it's all tickety boo. I love the game it's fantastic and takes over my life when it's out but I also hate the fact the defending is pants at mo and needs a patch hence why at the beginning I asked that.

I'll repost Sebs post:

Just a quick reminder that if you have any examples of bugs please do post in the appropriate forum. For the Match Engine that would be here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...-Engine-Issues

That way they can get looked into and resolved

Cheers,

Seb.

In the time you've taken to have this back and forth you could have simply followed the above, would have been much more useful :thup:

And no it's not people power that gets things done at all. It's offering things up with well back evidence and support that does.

Feedback =/= Complaining

The point of the feedback thread is to, you know, give feedback, whether positive or negative. SI will then decide whether said feedback is worth pursuing, which is what HUNT3R was saying.

"People power gets things done"...deary me

Feedback =/= Complaining

The point of the feedback thread is to, you know, give feedback, whether positive or negative. SI will then decide whether said feedback is worth pursuing, which is what HUNT3R was saying.

"People power gets things done"...deary me

Not sure what you mean and my point. I make a comment about how people are always just beaten down in here with negative feedback and you get the "deary me comment " we have given feedback loads have but you get the norm comments like above from you. Complaints/feedback/criticism all the same just different terminology and all are good ways of improving a product or service. To just beat people down who are the Base of your product is stupid

Not sure what you mean and my point. I make a comment about how people are always just beaten down in here with negative feedback and you get the "deary me comment " we have given feedback loads have but you get the norm comments like above from you. Complaints/feedback/criticism all the same just different terminology and all are good ways of improving a product or service. To just beat people down who are the Base of your product is stupid

It seems you're referring to me as "beating you down". Despite being ridiculous, not really sure what product I'm offering. SI don't beat anyone down. In fact it's the other way around, which is why their presence on the forums is less than what it used to be.

You don't seem to get how the development process works to be honest.

Is it possible for a fix on this? Seems a bit odd having all the space on the left of the stats being unused and then having a load of dots at the top meaning you have to hover over each to work out what it is. If the columns were dragged across it would be easier to look at I think.

Sunderland%20v%20West%20Ham_%20Stats%20West%20Ham%20Stats.png

Archived