Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mourinho is a class act. I think most of you would rather win the title one season and then have a bad season rather than have two average seasons like Wenger, LVG etc

The way my club and manager conduct themselves is important to me. Not just about winning trophies.

Sid is still butt hurt that United didnt beg him to replace Fergie tbh.

Yes I wanted either him or klopp, didn't want a clueless moyes or LVG. What I don't get is you Chelsea fans complain about having one of the very top managers in the world and most of your rivals are stuck with chumps. It's like a banker complaining about earning only 150k while the rest of us are stuck on 30-40k a year.

If Mourinho gets sacked today, new manager will come in and after the Spurs match we've got 4 relatively easy games, he'll win them and supporters will praise him for being the catalyst for the season. I can just see it now.

If Mourinho is sacked, he'll move to PSG or some other big European club, guide them to league titles and at least Semi-Final in the CL (if not go on and win it).

Depressing to see such a lack of passion in our players. Bring back the glory days of having Frank Lampard, Essien, Drogba, Cech, Cole, etc.

What is this :D Surely you still can't be that blinkered? I could get maybe understand absolving Mourinho of the blame earlier on in the season, but by now you must realise that it's him and that he has to go?

We were gash as per today - managed to scuff a goal (and should've scored another) but after that, we bizarrely sat back and invited pressure for the remaining 80 odd minutes and consequently Liverpool bossed it today, without having to be remotely good. As for the post match stuff, utterly embarrassing.

One more thing, as I've seen what sid's posted and I fully agree. The only explanation is that he feels the need to 'make Falcao work' and that he's generally never shown the ability to adapt and be flexible enough tactically when chasing a result or seeking a turn around as his subs rarely make too much sense and seem to come from the train of thought that he'll shove on as many forwards as possible and hope for the best.

I think people here are forgetting what it was like when the likes of Scolari, AVB, Grant, etc were in charge. I was tired of the club constantly chopping and changing managers. Keep the faith and we'll see the results eventually.
Keep the faith just because it's Jose though, yeah?

It's quite clear he's just not up to scratch. When you look at the grand scheme of things, you can hardly classify his spell this time round as a success.

It's quite clear he's just not up to scratch. When you look at the grand scheme of things, you can hardly classify his spell this time round as a success.

If/when he goes he'll be leaving a worse squad than we had when he took over - I don't think that's entirely his fault on the incomings as we had a shocking window in the summer by anyone's standards but someone should have stepped up to him and told him to stop ****ing around with some of the players he's got rid of. Maybe all the players he got rid of had faults and I expect all of his judgements had some truth in them (Mata 'work rate', Luiz 'liability', Schurrle 'erratic', De Bruyne and Lukaku 'mentality', Cuadrado and Salah 'not good enough', though **** knows how you can judge that when you never give them a chance I don't know) but surely you try and work on their issues rather than just binning them off straight away? De Bruyne especially ffs, you only needed to watch him a handful of times at Werder to see he was going to be something special, to get rid because he had the temerity to want to play is stupid, and where is he now? Ah, maybe the best player of the team who's probably going to win the league, yeah brilliant great decision to sell after 3 games.

I still don't want him to be sacked, but I'm certain that's now more because I don't want to watch him go and be successful elsewhere than faith he actually knows what he's doing/how to fix this. A man by any other name though and I know I'd want him gone after this start.

Sure, in the same way there's a difference between telling someone to leave your house and poking them in the eye until they decide to leave of their own accord.

I'm not saying he should have been bending over backwards to keep all these players (and I'm not saying they were all definite first teamers) but with the exception of Luiz and Schurrle none of them were really given much of a chance to prove themselves, hence why they wanted to leave. De Bruyne had what, the first 2 league games of the season then Swindon and Sunderland in the cup? I'd be asking to go too if I were in his position, not least as he had an assist in 10 minutes of his debut and we hardly lit the league up with him out of the side.

Is the silent one still there :D do you guys think Jose can build another great squad? I mean he was at Porto won the champions league then left for Chelsea, he won the league twice in 3 seasons? Chelsea then struggled sacked, won treble at inter then left for Madrid, sacked after 2 seasons I think.

Point is wherever he been the club already had a good squad he just made it better with his tactics although not great to watch it got results and he felt invincible which rubbed off on to the players who also felt invincible.

I think that invincible factor has gone, teams no longer feel daunted facing Jose. I mean you lost 1 in 85 games at home and now this season lost 3 already. I think the way he treats players is shocking for instance taking hazard off for a teenager after 60 mins ok he didn't play well but not many did and his treatment of terry while he buys players then loans them out they don't play again.

Cuadrado, luis, salah, schurrle, mata, de bruyne. I don't know we're they rubbish at Chelsea? I don't think they were there long and only given the odd game it seems but you guys will have seen Chelsea more than me.

I hear Jose moan all the time and never admits to mistakes while other managers admit to their mistakes, back their players even through low times as they know a player is just suffering low on confidence etc.

Chelsea have too many bad eggs and people with ego problems. I think you guys got same problem as Liverpool had when dalglish was there in that it's a legend fans don't believe he should be sacked etc but as you keep telling us you need to stop living in the past and think what's good for the future of the club.

Jose finished 3rd in his first season back and don't think he won a trophy. Second season league and cup but this season well it could be over by January. If Carlo can get sacked after winning the double and Roberto after winning champions league I think you can sack Jose for his outbursts, losing the dressing room and most importantly poor results.

Me I want him to stay because I don't believe it will change its too far gone and with every game going by he is making himself look silly in interviews and longer he stays more chance your great players with egos will be leaving ie hazard.

Shame Sunderland, Newcastle and villa are so poor as your season wouldn't be over in January as you would have survival to play for ;)

Incidentally Jose has beaten klopp once in five attempts.

What I don't understand is bringing on Falcao instead of Remy, the guy who scored 3 days back and should've arguably started this game based on form

Thi what irks me. Falcao is **** and does not offer anything when he comes on. He scored 1 goal against Palace and we ended up losing anyway. Aprt from that just looked lost. Remy is a proven impact player and is better than Falcao.How Mourinho makes these decisions just baffles me. No logic to it at all. **** Mourinho and his negative **** and his negative ways and the way he seems to pick players based on rep rather than merit.

What I don't understand is bringing on Falcao instead of Remy, the guy who scored 3 days back and should've arguably started this game based on form

I'd like Jose to have some bollocks for once and start two strikers at home. Falcao and Costa. Have Hazard and Pedro outwide with Matic and Oscar in middle. Change things up a bit, instead of usual 4-2-3-1 which has seen to stagnate loads :/

Thi what irks me. Falcao is **** and does not offer anything when he comes on. He scored 1 goal against Palace and we ended up losing anyway. Aprt from that just looked lost. Remy is a proven impact player and is better than Falcao.How Mourinho makes these decisions just baffles me. No logic to it at all. **** Mourinho and his negative **** and his negative ways and the way he seems to pick players based on rep rather than merit.

Has Remy not been the one who was starting when Costa has been banned?

Has Remy not been the one who was starting when Costa has been banned?

Both of them started the first game Costa was suspended for in the cup where Falcao was dire. Remy started the Newcastle game and got subbed off in the 60th minute. Falcao then started the next game against Southampton. But in the season, when both are on the bench, Falcao is always preferred which is infuriating.

Our football is so shocking under Mourinho, it is actually embarrassing. We played a Liverpool team who were missing three key players (Benteke not fit enough to play whole game). We took the lead in the first 5 mins. You would think that was perfect for us to use a counter game but no way near it. We never even tried to attack. We literally sat back assuming they would not score. We got outplayed for the whole game, showed no sign to attack. Hazard had a bad game. No denying about it. But then you take him off then where is the creativity? Oscar is not that creative. Kenedy id a young kid who I like but to put him on instead of Hazard is ridiculous. Hazard the only likely one to produce magic out of nothing.

It was utterly shameful to get outplayed like that. Still going in to consecutive games with Zouma at RB is a joke. Who provides the natural width from FB? No one. Shameful tactics. The man has actually lost it.

Been thinking about it but i still don't want Jose to be fired. Players are equally at fault as football wasn't that great even last year when we won and as rightly thought everyone else improved. Yeah some of the decisions like tactics and letting players go and his antics are questionable but sacking another manager not the answer. Jose himself has a lot to prove. Maybe players should feel the same in this situation?

The players are upset though. Whether he can win them back will be a huge part of whether he stays.

I like to think that Mourinho coming back was a sign from Abramovich that he's accepted that it's not always going to be smooth sailing and that he'd be willing to back Mourinho through difficult times like this. If it was just based on results, I think Mourinho would be safe until at least January without question. Yes, it's rubbish at the moment, but I think he'd be given time. It's all the antics that go on around outside of the football that put him in more danger. That's my view at least.

Hypothetically, if it came to it, would people rather lose Mourinho, or a star player like Hazard?

Astonishing, apparently well sourced quote on @5liveSport Sportsweek from unnamed CFC 1st teamer: "I'd rather lose than win for Mourinho."

Not good if true

I see this on Reddit. Doesn't matter who it is, the person should be sold in January. **** that.

Obviously bollocks

Bollocks from a BBC source? Not usually the case.

Haha, it's all very shocking when no one is named and we can't have it verified

I saw an article couple of weeks ago, the players have an unflattering nickname for Mourinho behind his back. Not only did the article not mention the players (no problem) but didn't even mention the nickname! :D Oooo this nickname is really bad and stuff .... we're not saying what it is though

It's an easy article now, could be true but ... it's pretty weak. Will lead to speculation is it this guy/that guy but that's as bad 'sky souces report' or 'a source close to the player' when it comes to truth

If there was any shred of truth to it the player would be leaked. The media can make way more of a story by leaking the player and crucifying him than they can from criticising Mourinho.

Not really, the journalist involved knows he'd never get another story from a footballer again if that happened.

Amazing nobody can name which player is throwing games for a team but the media have no problem naming players or celebs who alleged to have had under age sex before being proven guilty :D

Rumours that Mancini could be your next manager but I doubt that myself. I think you will be linked with virtually everyone I mean it was Rodgers last week :D

Forget the result, forget the tactics, forget your managers childish behaviour, forget players lacking confidence and out of form. If I was a Chelsea fan I would want to know why in the second half Liverpool were able to keep the ball for about 3 minutes and no Chelsea player made any attempt to get the ball or chase a Liverpool player down.

Willian is only one who can say I put a shift in but you played well without getting results past few weeks apparently.

Amazing nobody can name which player is throwing games for a team but the media have no problem naming players or celebs who alleged to have had under age sex before being proven guilty :D

Rumours that Mancini could be your next manager but I doubt that myself. I think you will be linked with virtually everyone I mean it was Rodgers last week :D

Inter fans are frustrated with his boring tactics as it is already.

I think Tony secretly wishes he was a Chelsea fan.

No way I'm loving the fact you guys want Jose to stay haha and the way things are going, no offence but you would have loved it if Liverpool were 15th etc and chelsea fans gloated enough in the lfc threads especially with Gerard's slip.

I remember Chelsea with pates, monkou, nevin, Dixon etc and cars parked around Stamford bridge pitch haha they were the days.

No way I'm loving the fact you guys want Jose to stay haha and the way things are going, no offence but you would have loved it if Liverpool were 15th etc and chelsea fans gloated enough in the lfc threads especially with Gerard's slip.

I remember Chelsea with pates, monkou, nevin, Dixon etc and cars parked around Stamford bridge pitch haha they were the days.

Pretty sure that only actually applies to 2 people in here? Some very much in the camp of wanting him out then a decent number of fence-sitters like me.

Anyway everything I've read suggests if he does go it'll be Hiddink until the end of the season then Guardiola or Simeone; if neither of them want it (couldn't blame either of them tbf) then the triumphant return of Carlo.

Well it's not that nobody can name him, just the journo in question doesn't want to burn his informant bridge.

If it's true, ofc...

Plus ******** story with no credible evidence usually works.

That's the thing, I can understand a journo not wanting people to know who he is getting stuff from but the flip side is there are so many made up stories this gets lost in the shuffle

The benefit of such a story is the endless follow on articles in coming weeks about 'who is the turncoat' 'who hates Jose' is it him, him, HIM must be HIM!!!!

If/when he goes he'll be leaving a worse squad than we had when he took over - I don't think that's entirely his fault on the incomings as we had a shocking window in the summer by anyone's standards but someone should have stepped up to him and told him to stop ****ing around with some of the players he's got rid of. Maybe all the players he got rid of had faults and I expect all of his judgements had some truth in them (Mata 'work rate', Luiz 'liability', Schurrle 'erratic', De Bruyne and Lukaku 'mentality', Cuadrado and Salah 'not good enough', though **** knows how you can judge that when you never give them a chance I don't know) but surely you try and work on their issues rather than just binning them off straight away? De Bruyne especially ffs, you only needed to watch him a handful of times at Werder to see he was going to be something special, to get rid because he had the temerity to want to play is stupid, and where is he now? Ah, maybe the best player of the team who's probably going to win the league, yeah brilliant great decision to sell after 3 games.

I still don't want him to be sacked, but I'm certain that's now more because I don't want to watch him go and be successful elsewhere than faith he actually knows what he's doing/how to fix this. A man by any other name though and I know I'd want him gone after this start.

Yeah, the transfer record and player/squad management is one of the areas in which I don't think he's been successful as a whole. As you mention, he's been ridiculously quick to write off certain players and - aside from Luiz - it's hard to say that he's gotten any of them right as Mata, KdB, Salah, Cuadrado, Lukaku etc are performing at a very high level for their respective clubs (with KdB and Mata probably in that world class bracket) and it's really difficult to argue that they couldn't have contributed that at Chelsea, it's just a matter of Mourinho clearly not wanting them for whatever reason and he's seemingly gotten a pass for this rubbish transfer policy (not even mentioning the debacle of the Falcao move, as opposed to putting faith in someone like Bamford).

The strength of the squad should've also really meant that we ought to have won (or at the very least made a serious title challenge) the league in his first season, as we probably had the strongest squad in the league but, to make it easier upon himself, we heard the 'pony in a horse race' crap from him. I mean fair play that we won the league upon strengthening well the following season, but did anyone not expect the league with that squad? He's ballsed it up big time this season - on so many levels - and I don't see how he comes back from here, particularly when he's coming out with stuff like top 4 might be tough to achieve. I think it was you who said it earlier in the season and it's something I agreed with fully, re: how there's been no indication that Mourinho's shown he knows what he's doing in this situation (ie. how to salvage the season or improve results enough for there to be confidence that we're making top 4) so it's honestly tough to predict what our season will end up like come May.

The main bit for me, in terms of wanting him to go, is more so the behaviour and manner in which he's conducted himself this season coupled with his seeming lack of ideas on what to do with this team/squad. I would probably want him to stay on for the season, had we been playing well and not getting results or that there as evidence that we can come out of this terrible form and achieve some reasonable targets this season but he's not shown that and, simply put, his antics have been embarrassing and scandalous (even for his standards).

Archived