Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Willian, Hazard and Pedro looked very lively. We didnt play well, havent all season, but we certainly didnt play poor either imo. Just cant catch a break in these situations. Players certainly tried as hard as you'd expect tbh.

• Administrators
I thought Willian, Hazard and Pedro looked very lively. We didnt play well, havent all season, but we certainly didnt play poor either imo. Just cant catch a break in these situations. Players certainly tried as hard as you'd expect tbh.

And so, if it's not the players, what is it? Can't keep bemoaning luck and ignoring the many and significant problems.

• Administrators

Headline stuff? Over the last two years, maybe longer, Mourinho's built a heavily compromised squad that can only really play one way, a way which itself is flawed and eventually exploitable, and he doesn't have the depth of player, the squad versatility or apparently now the tactical acumen to right the wrongs.

Headline stuff? Over the last two years, maybe longer, Mourinho's built a heavily compromised squad that can only really play one way, a way which itself is flawed and eventually exploitable, and he doesn't have the depth of player, the squad versatility or apparently now the tactical acumen to right the wrongs.
This, really. Couldn't have put it better myself. A lot of the issues raised and that we're facing at the moment were also happening two seasons ago, it's just we had a good window last summer and won the league which sort of masked these things.

I mean from the outside this looks spot on.

I'm a Stoke Season Ticket holder and have seen Chelsea live twice now (Tonight and the Cup) and I don't understand where the notion is that the Chelsea lot are playing for Mourinho. In the Cup game they played against 10 men for over half an hour and couldn't get past us and today I thought they were worse, with a stronger side on paper. I sense they are going through the motions a bit and doing just enough to keep their head above water.

I fear the only way out of this is to get rid of Mourinho.

I think from the top, i.e. above Mourinho, they should be a plan in place that addresses the squad versatility issues with transfer activity. I think they've taken their eye off the ball a bit with the excitement of buying and producing players solely to prop up FFP and allow spending on immediate first teamers (well, apart from this summer) and 'what a great plan we have'

With Mourinho being back and 'the happy one' and supposedly around for the long term there should be a pathway cleared to the first team for the most promising of youth players

If Mourinho goes then someone else comes in and it's results, results, results again and transfer activity, etc

The problem with that Razz, is tat as Phil says, the squad is like it is by design. Mourinho has insisted on it being like it is. He wants that small group of players with very little variation because he doesn't like bigger groups. He wants to be able to completely control them, to be a tight compact unit, not just on the field, but off it too.

That's why I think that kind of directive needs to come from the top, especially if it's not working. I also think the utilising of youth players in the first team is something that needs to come from the top. It's like 'why are we here' ... it's an endless rotation of players coming and going along with managers and using the sale of youth players to fund this is like running in quicksand

The 'football factory' aspect of things, this bringing in players and loaning out and selling on seems to be run by someone else from what I understand, Mourinho not really involved in that

That seems the only 'vision'

I can see Mourinho likes his group but if that's how you like things then you need to correct it when things go wrong. Not feasible to chop and change managers constantly so I think someone needs to be presenting Roman, whoever with longer term plans if Mourinho is deemed the man to guide the club forward

What's the end game in the long term though? You will alway end up in a situation where League is not enough, won the CL ... win it again

Eventually the top tier managers run a bit dry. Who is the stand out candidate to replace Mourinho right now? The selection gets thinner (for all these big money type clubs) at every turn

Lads i need a bit of help in valuing signed memorabilia

Signed football, with good few first teamers(pedro, hazard etc..) and few reserves (Blackman, Traore). It has a cert of authenticity etc..

The item is being auctioned off for a charity fund.

what do yous think ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Top of the group but still good chance to go out. a must win game. Kyiv def win against Macabbi. If we draw then all will be with 11 points. Who qualifies in that case? Superior GD?

Chelsea through 2d place.

GD will be Dynamo+1, Chelsea 0, Porto-1.

Archived