Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

What are peoples views on Hazard? Is Jose to blame for his poor form this season, or is the blame on Hazard himself? Looks a shadow of himself so far this season and doesn't seem to be used differently unless he is as I don't see all of Chelseas games.

Well obviously he needs to improve but I think the whole team morale is affecting him too. Maybe it is the manager. He just does not seem to be bothered. When we were poor last leason he always took the game on his own initative. This season not too much but I don't think he has been as bad as people make out. He just has not done it over the 90 mins this season which has been frustrating. It is like he decides when and when to do his magic when I want it over the whole game. Swansea second half when we were down to 10 he was absolutely fantastic. WBA second half, same thing. Arsenal he was fantastic and second half against Newcastle he stepped up.

Not as if he has been poor but because of his standards he set last season people will not take that in to consideration.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's essentially the same squad which coasted to the league last season, so to give sole blame on the players is pretty blinkered.

Probably. That being said, wouldn't mind having Carlo back.

If it's the same squad which coasted to the league last season, then it's clear that the manager isn't the problem because he hasn't bought in many new players, he's got the same guys who simply aren't performing. It'd be different if Jose bought and sold a lot of the team from last season but he hasn't, the core of the team is the same.

That being said, wouldn't mind having Carlo back.

Good luck trying to get back Carlo, the manager who was informed in the middle of a corridor that he was getting sacked, or so I've heard.

What are peoples views on Hazard? Is Jose to blame for his poor form this season, or is the blame on Hazard himself? Looks a shadow of himself so far this season and doesn't seem to be used differently unless he is as I don't see all of Chelseas games.

Hazard's head isn't in the game. His season can be summed up by his penalty earlier in the season, he was lethal at taking penalties last year.

Well Klopp left Dortmund when they were heading towards the relegation zone did he not?

What the :D

Did you miss the second half of last season? We were in the bottom three at the winter break but rebounded to 7th place at the end of the season

If it's the same squad which coasted to the league last season, then it's clear that the manager isn't the problem because he hasn't bought in many new players, he's got the same guys who simply aren't performing. It'd be different if Jose bought and sold a lot of the team from last season but he hasn't, the core of the team is the same.
Why isn't the accountability stand with the manager?

Sure, there are players under-performing but is it the players' fault for Mourinho's ridiculous blame game - which conveniently means the buck never stops with him - this season and his atrocious behaviour in the whole Eva debacle (something which the players seemingly took issue with)? Who's to blame for the dubious (at best) on pitch decisions, like some of the awful lineups he's come up with this season which was most clear against Porto, and I think that for instance the whole Matic thing against Southampton essentially emphasised in a nutshell that he's run out of ideas and doesn't know what to do with this team anymore. Add to that that someone like Ivanovic has been atrocious yet undroppable, the shuffling of the CB pairings constantly, the **** football we've generally been playing, the poor transfers done under Mourinho's entire reign this time round etc etc

I totally understand in general that manager's should be allowed leeway, and that players deserve more flak than what they usually receive but I don't think sole responsibility is on the players when it comes down to our dreadful start to the season.

So depressing watching Arsenal and City play and seeing how dull we are. I know we won but I want to see flair and some excitement. Our style of football from start to front has become so poor. Do we actually have any FB that are naturally attacking? Hazard being dropped because of his defensive performances apparently. He is on 0 goals. Is that because of his form or because of the way Mourinho is setting up the team? I think the latter. We are not getting the best our of our players.

Yeah, I think it's important to win, but it's just papering over the cracks. The upset players aren't going to suddenly become happy off the back of a win over Villa, particularly with Mourinho's behavior and treatment of some players. The stories about some unhappy players aren't just rumors, but hopefully it's mostly down to the situation and we can get a run of wins now which will put some of these troubles behind us.

Not doing enough defensively apparently.

So depressing watching Arsenal and City play and seeing how dull we are. I know we won but I want to see flair and some excitement. Our style of football from start to front has become so poor. Do we actually have any FB that are naturally attacking? Hazard being dropped because of his defensive performances apparently. He is on 0 goals. Is that because of his form or because of the way Mourinho is setting up the team? I think the latter. We are not getting the best our of our players.

I for one am fuming that a team way off form and low on confidence only won 2-0.

Ivanovic's return can't come soon enough imo, Zouma not a fullback and Rahman got destroyed by Alan Hutton (not that I'm writing him off but he clearly needs more time and to maybe come in in better situations, hardly set the world on fire against Maccabi or Walsall and can't be fit yet after the timing of his move). Bit of time to rest and coming back into a team whose midfield seems to be functioning better hopefully means he's less exposed and we can work towards getting back to how we were last season. Still not good but it at least feels like we're getting somewhere now which is more than could be said a few weeks ago.

Would've taken a draw at the start looking at Dynamo's recent and home record. They were pretty **** though, so disappointed not to win

Is this some sort of joke?

Their last 2 game Ukraine are 0-3 and 0-4. And before that they lost to Maccabi 0-2. They conceded 2 or more in their last 6 out of 7 games.

Is this some sort of joke?

Their last 2 game Ukraine are 0-3 and 0-4. And before that they lost to Maccabi 0-2. They conceded 2 or more in their last 6 out of 7 games.

Actually it was 0-3 (first game lost in Ukraine since early spring 2014) and 4-0. Plus we won against Maccabi.

But 0-3 against local rival was truly upsetting and nobody really expected a tremendous game today.

Waiting for London in two weeks.

Actually it was 0-3 (first game lost in Ukraine since early spring 2014) and 4-0. Plus we won against Maccabi.

But 0-3 against local rival was truly upsetting and nobody really expected a tremendous game today.

Waiting for London in two weeks.

Yeah, sorry. Your official site is very weird with the results page. Usually, in such cases when all the games are for the same team and only one team column in the list(opponent), their scores are always to the left. On Dynamo website they are to the right for away games and to the left for home games.

Ivanovic's return can't come soon enough imo, Zouma not a fullback and Rahman got destroyed by Alan Hutton (not that I'm writing him off but he clearly needs more time and to maybe come in in better situations, hardly set the world on fire against Maccabi or Walsall and can't be fit yet after the timing of his move). Bit of time to rest and coming back into a team whose midfield seems to be functioning better hopefully means he's less exposed and we can work towards getting back to how we were last season. Still not good but it at least feels like we're getting somewhere now which is more than could be said a few weeks ago.

I'm hoping for the opposite. Having Ivanovic in the team this season has been like playing a concrete post at right back, opposition just run past him without even having to think about it. Baba has looked pretty iffy and made a few **** ups, but nowhere near as bad as Ivanovic has been so far. Also means we get to play Azpilecueta at right back as he has made a few mistakes on the left but looked more solid in his natural position on the right when played there. Agree about Zouma though, definitely not a full back though unfortunately doubt it's the last time we see him there.

Yeah, sorry. Your official site is very weird with the results page. Usually, in such cases when all the games are for the same team and only one team column in the list(opponent), their scores are always to the left. On Dynamo website they are to the right for away games and to the left for home games.

Yeah, official web-site and statics there are crazy) Soccerway is your friend.

Archived