Anyone else prefer FM classic?

Here's the area tyro refers to:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/308-Football-Manager-Classic-General-Discussion

FMC is beginning to establish itself well as the chosen mode for a number of players. It's a great option and it appeals to diverse sections of the FM community; new players who are overwhelmed by Simulation Mode, older players who have come back to the series and are freaked out by the changes, people who just want to play quickly, and people who want to avoid the interaction side of Sim Mode.

I've seen quite a few long term players of the game switch to FMC in the past year or two, and I'm one of them.

It would be great if SI could make a FMC version for IOS or Android.

I know... there is FMH... but the gap between FMH and the full fat version of FM it's huge! FMC for IOS/Android, would be perfect! :)

This + 1.

I've been playing the full mode this year but the annoying player interaction issues are making me want to switch to FMC.

Been a player of FM since the days of CM and have always played the full game but this year I have been moaning about the interaction side of things. I also love the squad building and tactical side of things so got to the stage where I was getting fed up with the fact that saying the wrong thing or allocating the wrong member of staff (maybe an extreme example) could cost you a result!

RTH suggested I tried FMC. First attempt didn't last long but I have tried again, got used to the interface and I am loving it. My team seems to play they are meant to and this could be down to the lack of morale related issues in FMC. So whilst I may try a full game save in the future I am addicted to FMC as it stands.

This + 1.

I've been playing the full mode this year but the annoying player interaction issues are making me want to switch to FMC.

I enjoyed the FMC version released last year for PS Vita, even if it was a little sluggish.

Shame there probably wont be another :(

I believe a full FM with some on/off feature could create some unexpectative issues and problems. Almost every feature in FM is connect with others, so turning some on/off could create bugs.

It's "safer", for SI, to present only 2 versions: Full fat and FMC. And not multiple version options.

I much prefer FMC but for the fact you can't have the ANALYSIS of the match at the end of games to enable you to properly review the success and failure of your tactic.

That single fact ruins it for me.

You can still save .pkms from FMC, save your game, Quit to Start Screen and then View Match via the Analysis Tab. It isn't slick, but it is effective.

Can't do FMC. There's too much lacking. FM is supposed to be a sim, not a FIFA level game.

Such as? Barring the analysis (which can be worked around as per the above) there is the lack of interaction which seems to be a bone of contention this year. What from Fat Mode do you think you'd miss?

I now prefer FMC. You get straight into the game and it moves through at a decent pace. Unfortunately, due to minor ill health, I have managed only one match in Season One. I'm OK now but am thinking of waiting for the January update/patch before I restart.

Can't do FMC. There's too much lacking. FM is supposed to be a sim, not a FIFA level game.

FMC is exactly the same game as FM with a lot of stuff hidden so you don't need to deal with it. The tactics are the same, the match engine is the same, the player attributes are the same. In addition, you can now have as many leagues as you want and the training is a lot more indepth than it used to be, whilst still keeping it simple. I find the training in the full FM to be a bit of a minefield at times.

I do still prefer the full game overall as I like to micromanage a lot of stuff, but I've had many enjoyable saves on FMC over the last three games. It's been a great addition to the franchise. It's staggering that it's in its third year now, and there's still so much ignorance around it. Not having a dig at yourself here, just in general.

Reading this thread also got me thinking about giving it a try. I never did before. Does the game really progress faster? Every year I am finding it more and more difficult to find time to play FM, and when I do, sometimes I get to finish only 3-4 matches in 2 hours playing time, which makes me not want to invest that time into FM next time I consider playing, because I can't progress fast enough to get more enjoyment out of the game. My question is, are there no player interactions at all, or are they hidden and taken care of by the assman? If a player wants more playing time, what happens in the background?

Reading this thread also got me thinking about giving it a try. I never did before. Does the game really progress faster? Every year I am finding it more and more difficult to find time to play FM, and when I do, sometimes I get to finish only 3-4 matches in 2 hours playing time, which makes me not want to invest that time into FM next time I consider playing, because I can't progress fast enough to get more enjoyment out of the game. My question is, are there no player interactions at all, or are they hidden and taken care of by the assman? If a player wants more playing time, what happens in the background?

It's generally a lot faster, as there is less stuff to process.

There are limited player interactions. As an example, if you aren't using a player much, he will eventually come to you and you can respond in a number of ways (from "I'll sell you", to "You're a back up player", to "Prove you should play", the usual stuff). You can also hold a team meeting when invited to by the AssMan.

I first started playing FMH 11,12,13,14, also at the time near to the end of FM 14 I started playing on FMC 14 on PS Vita which I hated, then thought it would be better if I played it on pc casue I use to watch people do career saves on youtube and it looked so much better and it is, there is more enjoyment playing FM full mode, FMH is good but you can do things you cant on FM full mode which is silly/stupid, speed of the game doesn't bother me cause I play a lot.

I started a new save to try FMC, and I have to say that after 1-2 matches only, all I could think was, 'why in the world have I not tried this before??'. FMC provides exactly what I want: Team building, training in it's simplest way, tactics, and matches. That's it. The interface and the game progressing are so much faster.

The only negatives for me are minor things:

1- Some important stats that are considered in match rating calculation (interceptions and runs/dribbles) are missing for some reason in the match stats screen. You can see them only after a match, when you look at the player form screen. Has this been reported as a bug already?

2- Some colors in the skin - but I think I will get used to it

3- Unlockables - Just didn't like the idea, but I can live with it. It would bother me a whole lot more if I was playing online where people may use these cheats. I am not using them, so they are just there. I would prefer if there was an option at the beginning to exclude them though.

Since there are not so many features, there is also not much to improve in details. The beauty of simplicity. No more finding and managing 8 scouts, 15 coaches, no more repetitive talks with players, media. All those things don't add much to the quality of the game imo, and take away so much of my valuable time, which I can spend on anything else, including playing more matches in FM :).

I am loving it :thup:

FMC is exactly the same game as FM with a lot of stuff hidden so you don't need to deal with it. The tactics are the same, the match engine is the same, the player attributes are the same. In addition, you can now have as many leagues as you want and the training is a lot more indepth than it used to be, whilst still keeping it simple. I find the training in the full FM to be a bit of a minefield at times.

I do still prefer the full game overall as I like to micromanage a lot of stuff, but I've had many enjoyable saves on FMC over the last three games. It's been a great addition to the franchise. It's staggering that it's in its third year now, and there's still so much ignorance around it. Not having a dig at yourself here, just in general.

I have played it you know, I'm not just talking out my arse. To me it's like an iPhone. It's nice and smooth and seems great but it won't allow you to really do any detail or be in depth.

I understand that. But people saying it's the same just faster are way off. It's great if you want minimal input and just want to press spacebar and get wins.

Sounds like you are the one that is way off if you really think that.

FMC is terrific, I just don't understand at all why anyone plays the full vrsion anymore. There are two versions to this game; FM Babysitting Simulator and FMC.

It really is terrific!!! I never tried it until last night, and I am in love with it right now. No offense to SI, but this mode is so much better without all those semi-working 'features' that become nothing but a chore after playing the game for a while. Recently I found myself getting so tired of renewing the contracts of so many scouts, physios, etc., setting up staff responsibilities, dealing with player interactions. Oh and the dreadful media talks...answering the questions like the ones below for the 100000th time:

- scoring just before the half time break was bla bla bla, right?

- your team has one of the best when it comes to passing, do you think your success depends on this?

- bla bla bla great atmosphere in the locker room bla bla bla

- bla bla had a great game against you today bla bla

- do you think your opponent has a chance to win bla bla

just let me play the match, damn it :)

Playing FMC made me remember what this game used to be all about. So much fun! Big congrats to whoever first came up with the idea. I don't think I will ever get back to the full game :applause:

FMC is terrific, I just don't understand at all why anyone plays the full vrsion anymore. There are two versions to this game; FM Babysitting Simulator and FMC.

FM is terrific, I just don't understand at all why anyone plays the light version anymore. There are two versions to this game; Football Manager and Shallow FIFA clone.

Fifa were nowhere close to CM realism and abilities as modern FMs are mainly FM 2006/07 with a better engine, deep tactics and massive bureaucracy.

But like I said before, SI should really focus on a way to give us the complete choice of options to disable, by coding or recoding the game core if necessary like they did for the active/inactive leagues. To go even farther, they should have adopted this approach before each new feature they intent to develop but I fear this is now too late, at least as expensive as a 64 bits recoding. Personally I'm not pleased with either FMC or fat FM.

Without FMC I wouldn't play Football manager at all. I don't have time anymore to sit and micromanage players and all the extra off the field bits. Classic gives me exactly what I want, a fun, absorbing game that I can play in my spare time and knock out 3 or 4 matches in half an hour or so.

Never used FMC but I can see its usefulness, especially for people who don't have the necessary time to devote their full attention to all that the full FM offers.

Don't you guys who use FMC feel you're playing an updated and slightly more in depth version of CM01/02?

Don't you guys who use FMC feel you're playing an updated and slightly more in depth version of CM01/02?

You obviously haven't played CM01/02 for a long time. I have a fully updated (players,clubs etc.) CM 01/02 installed and trust me, as much as it's possibly the best iteration, that CM hasn't aged well. FMC 15 is so much more complex and realistic on every step.

CM 01/02 was fantastic for its time (and beyond), but the franchise has progressed so much it's not even comparable.

There is so much prejudice around against FMC which I can't really understand.

I just like the full fat scouting and training system to be able to have more fun playing FMC then full FM. Though I am enjoying full FM a lot less with every new edition. Too much extra crap added or tweaked that just gets in the way of my scouting, buying players, developing players and playing matches. If I could play a full FM game without babysitting my players or dealing with the press I'd be very happy.

I have actually played a few FMC games when full FM has pissed me off so much I can't stand it anymore which I would of never thought possible when FMC was announced. That is based purely on the full FM becoming frustrating, boring and/or tedious rather then FMC being amazing.

Stop trolling.

That's pretty unfair when I mirrored what someone else said except reversed it.

It's more trolling that people are saying FMC is the exact same as full except with toned down player interaction. That's just giving a totally false impression of it.

That's pretty unfair when I mirrored what someone else said except reversed it.

It's more trolling that people are saying FMC is the exact same as full except with toned down player interaction. That's just giving a totally false impression of it.

Maybe, but I feel that the series of quotes below from this thread are belittling the mode and just fishing for bites:

I have played it you know, I'm not just talking out my arse. To me it's like an iPhone. It's nice and smooth and seems great but it won't allow you to really do any detail or be in depth.
I understand that. But people saying it's the same just faster are way off. It's great if you want minimal input and just want to press spacebar and get wins.

I don't understand why you are trying to undermine FMC so strongly? If people here want to try it, let them. Maybe it is not for you. But your statements are wrong.

No, FMC is not the same as FM full, however it uses the same match engine. It is faster (processing and getting through the seasons; logical since it is streamlined). Minimal input and press spacebar is way off.

I play both versions. I see advantages in both. However, I keep longer saves in FMC and keep coming back to it as it just fits my own preferences. The purpose of this thread was to ask if there are fellow minded players who prefer FMC to FM. It seems a lot more than I thought do. You aren't one of them.

Archived